• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Waver Region Travels (RP)

Yanma flew forward and waited for an order. It's wings beating quickly and letting off the faintest humming noise. Easifa stood up and fixed his glasses, "use double team then follow it up with quick attack".

"Hey, battles are for fun." the miner said. "Go, Roggenrola! Use Tackle!" The miner sent out a Roggenrola, who ran towards Steve's Pokemon.

The Ice Punch landed, knocking Geodude back. "Rock Throw!" the miner said, and Geodude tossed a rock at Dill.

The attack hit, and was Super Effective. The Geodude fainted. "Well, that's that." the miner said. "I lose. But hey, it was fun! Actually, would you happen to have a Poketch or something like it with you?"

"That's it!" the miner said. "Since you seem to not know anything about it, I'm guessing you don't know that it can also work as a telephone. I was hoping we could exchange numbers. You know, call each other up anytime we need a match or something. By the way, my name's Mike."

Shayd had made it through the mine, and now entered a large room with a few miners on the walls. One of the miners seemed younger and more slender than the rest. "Hello there." Shayd said. "Are you Bill, the Geode City Gym Leader?"
"That's me!" Bill said, smiling. "I assume you're here to challenge me?"
"And deliver a letter from Storm City." Shayd said, handing him a letter.
"Cool. I'll take a look at this later." Bill replied. "For now... we battle!"

"Dave, Drill Horn." Steve pointed at the Roggenrolla. Dave turned around. And his Drill started speeding up, and charged backwards towards Roggenrolla with it. With intents to not only Counter the Attack, but launch it into the wall.

Yunma slammed into the opposing Pokemon before immediately flying up high to look down at the battle field. Easifa crossed his arms as he looked over the battle field, "use revenge"!

"Thanks for telling me Mike." Ken said. "I think I can work this thing." After inspecting the device for awhile. Ken exchanged phone number with the miner and went on his way deeper into the mines. "See ya Mike." He said as he ran.

"Use signal beam again," the yanma charged up. The Pokemon keeping high up in the air as it focused in on its target.

Amity stood up and walked to a contest hall. She took a deep breath when she saw all of the other people. All dressed up and beautiful looking. As she made it to the desk the clerk looked up and immediately handed her a clipboard, "fill this out and you'll get your ribbon case".

"Bye, kiddo!" Mike said, going back to mining after healing his Geodude.

"Let's go, Roggenrola!" Bill said, sending out the rock-type.
"Sneak, let's go!" Shayd shouted, the Sneasel dashing forwards.
"A Sneasel? That Ice typing makes it weak to my rock-type specialty, you know."
"Typing isn't everything." Shayd said.
"Might be in this battle." Bill replied. "Roggenrola, Mud Slap!" The Roggenrola dashed forwards... and Shayd snapped his fingers. Sneak dashed forwards, and slashed at Roggenrola. It overpowered the Mud Slap, severely damaging Roggenrola.
"Metal Claw. Super Effective against Rock-types." Shayd said, smiling.
"You know what you're doing." Bill said, slightly impressed. "But can you handle this?! Rock Blast!" Roggenrola shot a stream of rocks towards Sneak.
"Slash!" Shayd said, and Sneak sliced the five rocks apart. "Now, Metal Claw!"
"Dodge!" Bill said, but Roggenrola couldn't keep up with Sneak's speed. The Dark-type slashed at Roggenrola one last time, defeating it. "Nice work. But that's only the first of my Pokemon." Bill said, returning Roggenrola and sending out his next Pokemon - an Onix.
"Bring it."

"Use signal beam now," Easifa ordered and the yanma launched the move towards he zorua. The biting making contact but the big type was willing to take it.

Due to zorua actually landing the bite and the signal beam getting launched,both pokemon took tons of damage and got flung back to the respective trainers "zorua! Are you ok!?" Zorua gets up and nods and we both look forward

"Ancient Power!" Steve Yelled. Rocks cam from the ground, surrounded by Purple Aura. They stopped the smaller rocks, and one kept going to Roggenrolla. "Use Horn Drill behind it!" Steve yelled. Dave turned around and started to drill towards Roggenrolla.

Yanma nodded down to his trainer and started to fly around the gym. Looking for a good time to strike and waiting for his trainer to order an attack. Easifa tilted his head, "not backing out are you"?

The attack hit, and Roggenrola went down. "Aw. I was hoping for a victory this time. Oh, well! It's all in good fun, anyways!" the miner said, healing up Roggenrola. "Good match!"

The Onix growled at Sneak, but the Pokemon wasn't afraid. As a matter of fact, it leapt up onto Onix. The Rock-type crashed its back into the wall to try and get Sneak off, but it held on with Metal Claw, damaging Onix. It tried again, and this time Sneak was slammed into the wall. Onix then Head-butted it, making it fall to the ground. Onix then tried to Bind Sneak... but it stuck out its Metal Claws during the Bind, damaging the Onix. The two powerful attacks dealt their final damage at the same time, and both Pokemon fell to the ground - defeated.
"Impressive." Bill said, returning Onix. "You do have another Pokemon, right? I'd hate for this to be over so soon."
"You bet." Shayd said, taking out his second Pokeball. "Poochy can handle this!" Shayd tossed out the Pokeball, and a Poochyena hit the field.
"Let's see how he does against my strongest Pokemon!" Bill said, tossing out an Alolan Graveler. "The final round!"

Steve walked in, to see the others beat him there. "Dang Miner." He mumbled to himself watching the battle. "I hope they both lose." He was looking for a weak point in the Gym Leader's Strategy.

"Use signal beam again," Easifa called and yanma started to charge up the attack. The bug type aiming for the challenger before releasing it at the zorua, "well let's continue then".

By the time the other two had gotten there, the battle between Poochy and Graveler had already reached the mid point. Poochy fired a Shadow Ball at Graveler at the same time as it fired a Thunder Shock. Poochy dashed out of the way with Extreme Speed, but the Graveler got hit. Poochy then ran up and barreled into the Graveler, sending it into the wall. The Graveler grabbed Poochy as it rushed towards it, and slammed it into the wall beside it. Poochy jumped out, and fired a Shadow Ball. The attack came too quickly for the Graveler to block, and it couldn't dodge while stuck in the wall. The attack hit, and the Graveler fell down - defeated.
"Well, I'll be darned." Bill said, smiling. "Good match, Trainer! Here's the proof that you managed to defeat me - the Ore Badge!"
"Thank you." Shayd said, taking the badge. "I'm going to head out to Under City. If I recall correctly, there's a mineshaft that leads there right?"
"Correct." Bill said. "Follow the signs - it'll take you right there." Bill then turned to the newcomers. "Oh, hello there! I assume you're here to take me on as well. Why don't we start with... you?" Bill pointed to Ken.

Charles's eyes widen as he saw multiple small rocks near the edge of the field,strewn about "use quick attack to launch those rocks at yanma!" Zorua uses quick attack and gets to the rocks quickly,then he smacks the rocks towards yanma quickly

The bug type fell and was called back. The next Pokemon being tafl the vullaby. The skull wearing Pokemon bounced around before getting ready attack, "good job. Your move now".

"Dodge then use fury attack," the Pokemon nodded and moved out the way before slicing it's wings at the challenger. It's feet carrying quickly around zorua. Easifa looked over the battle, "not bad".

Zorua looked up at vullaby,then swirls appeared in its eyes and it fainted,having taken critical damage "zorua is unable to battle,vullaby is the winner" he withdraws zorua

Tifl titled her head as she readied herslef for the next fight. Both Pokemon and gym leader ready to try and win over. Easifa stretched her arms above his head and rolled his shoulders.

"Use gust," the gym leader ordered before his Pokemon followed through. He narrowed his eyes but held a smirk on his lips. His stance then softened, "you are doing well for your first gym battle"!

Vullaby moved out of the way once more then used gust as in to try ask throw starley off balance. The little grounded bird giggling softly as she did. Her feet moving into a more defensive postion.

"Roggenrola, you're up!" Bill said. "Rock Blast, now!" Roggenrola sent four rocks towards Dill in quick succession. It then ran over to the right, trying to get a good angle.

"Use steel wing," Easifa ordered. His Pokemon readying before rushing forward. The vullaby' swing becomin a shiny metal colour as she readied to hit.

A girl with her hair in a pixie cut, black with a red streak, wearing a black tee and jean shorts, with worn-down converse and red fingerless gloves went up to the desk and handed the clipboard to the clerk. A red and black patterned backpack was slung across her back.

The clerk barely glanced at ther clipboard before giving the girl her contest pass and ribbon case.

She smiled at Amity, her deep blue eyes shining as she did. "Hey, I'm Bridget. I'm a new coordinator as well. What's your name?" she asked.