1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.

Private/Closed Wauphobia

Discussion in 'General Role Play' started by _obsequious, Feb 11, 2020.

1. hey! i know this might sound silly, especially b/c we dont talk very much, but i was wondering if u wanted to get together with some other w’s wednesday night. i know im being paranoid, but i’d feel a lot better with some other people… ever since the whole ‘“w”s are going missing’ scare, i’ve been really scared to be alone at night. figured i’d get some other w’s with me. obviously you dont have to come, i was just thinking we could all hang at my place overnight, since my parents are out of town. like i said, totally optional! i live down the street from the italian place,@ 1092 welch drive. hope to see u there! -winnie

She’d sent the text last night. Nobody had responded.
    Winona Jenkins was sitting on her bed, anxiously bouncing her knee. The sun was just beginning to set, and with the night of a Wednesday came paranoia. The roads outside, typically alive with the sounds of children on their bikes, was dead silent.
    Maybe I should turn my porch light on. What if they’re lost?
    She sighed to herself, fidgeting with her thumbs. No, no. They’d come around! She sent the message to five other people- someone had to show up, right?
    God, please don’t leave me alone tonight.

Mr Fishykarp and JayTaku like this.
  2. JayTaku

JayTaku Previously AceTrainerGold

Jay yawned as he took a seat down on the bus. “At least that’s another day of hell over.” He thought as slouched down on his seat.

He looked outside of the window silently for a bit, until his phone suddenly got a notification. “Huh, who’s it from?” He wondered as he pulled it out of his pocket, it was a pretty long text but he managed to get through it.”Who is this?” He proceeded to read on. “So it’s about this whole kidnapping shit, people are just too paranoid.” He thought as he then chuckled. “But the message is from a girl, what the hell I guess I’ll go. Gives me something to do.”

He eventually came to his stop and hopped off, and then went into the direction of where this “Winnie” girl’s house was meant to be.

sSoul and Mr Fishykarp like this.
  3. If it were any other day, being outside in the cool evening air would be rather refreshing for Wallace Fletes. Not on a Wednesday though. Not since the disappearances began. He glanced around nervously, as he strolled down Welch Drive. There definitely were lots of shadows cast by the setting sun... Plenty of places where somebody could be hiding.
    Outwardly, he looked calm and collected. Hands in his vest pockets, earbuds in listening to from Moana, humming the tunes as he walked. Internally, though, he was panicking. Being so alone and vulnerable on a Wednesday afternoon wasn't exactly an ideal scenario for him.
    He arrived in front of Winona's house, and stopped outside. He double-checked the address on his phone - this was it. He approached her door, and knocked.

JayTaku likes this.
  4. Mica looked out his window, watching the sun set. He checked his phone again, re-reading the message sent by Winnie. He didn't really know her by that name, but it was easy to make the connection that it was Winona. Mica had a few classes before with her, and although he didn't really talk to her (then again, Mica didn't really talk to many people), she seemed rather nice. Even so, Mica had originally planned on not showing up. He didn't really know Winona, and he had already messed up with his sister. He didn't want to mess up with Winona as well.

Mica sat for another few moments, watching the sunset. Then again... Winona said she was scared. I mean, who wouldn't be? It was like something out of a bad 80's horror movie, getting hunted because they had a w in their name. Mica would have thought the whole thing a joke if it wasn't for his sister being snatched. Mica considered for a moment more, before shaking his head before going back to his phone once again.

I'll be late. Mica texted back, responding to Winona's message.

JayTaku likes this.
  5. After around fifteen minutes, Winnie glumly accepted that nobody was coming. That was what she thought, at least, until she heard a sharp knock at the door. Naturally, she jumped. It was startling, hearing it so suddenly, but an evident look of relief washed over her face.
    Unless they’re here to kill me.
    She huffed, screwing her eyes shut. No, that was stupid. She trotted over to the door, opening it cautiously while peering at the face before her. It was
    Wallace, the boy in her history class. Sighing softly, she opened the door further and ushered him in.
    “Ah-! Sorry about the mess. You can have a seat, if you want,” she mused, despite there being little to no mess present in her living room. It was a simple, suburban home, in a light, wisteria purple shade. The trim was white, with wide windows. In the living room was a large, grey sofa, which would probably fit ~7 people, eight if you really tried.
    “Thank you for coming. Really, I mean it. I was really scared to spend the night by myself.” She admitted softly, before her face went light pink. She was well aware of what the situation seemed like, having a boy alone with her in her house. “It- It might just be us tonight. Nobody else is here, and nobody’s responded to my m-“
    Ding.
    The notification cut her off, and she scrambled to check her phone. “Oh! Mica’s coming- Mica Winchester, I mean. Do you know him? He might be in your chemistry class, I think.”

JayTaku likes this.
  6. JayTaku

Jay jogged for a majority of the way there, eventually starting to run out of breath. He never bothered to reply to the message but figured he’d show up anyway. “As long as this girls got refreshments of any kind I’m all good.” He then smirked, “If I’m lucky she may even have a couple booze.” He mumbled to himself as he eventually came up to his destination. He ran up to the the door, knocking loudly as he tapped his foot. “Hopefully I’m not kept waiting to long...”

7. Having sent out the text, Mica began to get ready to head over. The white-haired boy threw on his blue jacket, making sure the rectangular device he kept with him since his sister's disappearance was still in the pocket. Next, Mica grabbed his backpack. The teen made his way over to his closet, putting in some spare clothes as well as the box of cosmic brownies he kept for snacks. Should he bring anything else? Mica grabbed his phone's charger as well, throwing that into his bag. The teen thought for a second, trying to think if he needed to bring anything else. No, nothing he could think of. Mica opened the window and was about to head out of it before he stopped, looking back at his room. The boy thought again for a moment before heading back to his desk and writing out a quick note.

Gone out to the Jenkins. A friend's feeling scared. Should be back in the morning, sorry if this worries you. I'll be fine. Love you, Mica. The note read. Mica placed the paper on his bed, turning out the lights in his room. Feeling that he had readied everything he needed, Mica climbed out his window and closed it behind him. Looking around carefully for anything suspicious, Mica began to make his way as silently and stealthily as possible towards Winona's house.

JayTaku likes this.
  8. Jimmy got the text and asked himself whether or not he should go. He had decided to finally answer the text, "I am coming in my car if you don't mind." he told his parents that he was going out and just left. He grabbed his keys and a water bottle. He starts his car and reverses and gets onto the road. Jimmy then drives to the girl's house and pulls to the side of the road and parks there. He gets out of his car and eventually gets to the front door and knocks on it.

JayTaku likes this.
  9. Upon hearing the knock, Winnie clapped her hands together softly.
    “That’s probably Mica now,” she speculated, to an otherwise silent Wallace. She bounded to the door, opening it, and blinking in surprise to find herself face to face- er, face to chest- with Jay West. She looked up to meet his gaze, offering a tiny, sweet smile. Of all people she accepted not to show up, it was him. She also thought she could see the outline of someone else behind him. Oh, Jimmy Dalius. Middle name: William.
    Looking a tiny bit flustered for virtually no reason, she ushered them in, closing the door behind them.
    While it seemed like a good idea to fight the loneliness in theory, she realized it may be rather awkward. She fumbled with her hands, clearing her throat.
    “Um- can I get you guys anything..? You’re not thirsty, or hungry, or anything..?” She offered quietly.

JayTaku likes this.
  10. Wallace took Winnie's offer to sit. He glad that other people also showed up, the whole safety-in-numbers idea didn't really work if it was just the two of them. He realised that Winnie had asked him something, but didn't come up with a response until the others had already arrived, and by that point the chance was kinda gone.
    "I'm good." He said quietly, replying to her offer. "Just, glad not to be alone tonight."

JayTaku likes this.
  11. Jimmy came in and sat down at the teen girl's request. "Yea could I get just a glass of water please? That would be good enough for me thank you." He gave her and the rest of them already in there a welcoming smile. He knew what they were all going through because he himself was going through almost the same thing. He hoped that his parents didn't worry about him too much.

JayTaku likes this.
  12. JayTaku

Jay looked down at the girl who had invited him and was now letting him in. “Oh right I think I’ve seen her around before, I’m pretty sure she’s Winona Jenkins.” He thought before he stepped inside. As soon as he got in he took a seat right away, he then slouched down on the seat like he usually did. He sighed as he still had a pretty uninterested look on his face, but he gave off a little smirk in Winona’s direction.

After he got comfortable he heard Winona asked if they all wanted anything. “Hmm...what you got? I’ll see if there’s anything I’d actually want.” He said before smirking once again.

13. Winona tuned in to their requests, nodding briskly. She bit her inner cheek as she looked in Jay’s direction; that kid was all smirks, in her direction, and it was evidently flustering her. Not that flustering her was a difficult task, of course.
    ”Oh! Um- we have..” she hesitated for a moment, picturing the fridge. “Water, some Cokes, coffee, tea.. I think I have some apple juice left..”
    Listing it off felt a bit childish, like she was a little girl hosting a tea party. She failed to mention her parent’s alcohol; not on purpose, it just didn’t occur to her. Even if she had remembered, she wouldn’t have mentioned it, but noticeably on the countertop were two bottles. One of wine, and one of whiskey, for her mother and father respectively. She scurried into the kitchen to get Jimmy’s water, hoping Jay would just shout a response.

JayTaku and Captain Cardboard like this.
  14. JayTaku

Jay scratched his head as he sat up a little bit and straightened his posture a little more. He heard what Winona said she had in and then he decided to go into to the kitchen to decide what he wanted. “Apple juice, what am I...5?” He thought as he just stood there as he looked around the kitchen to see if he could spot anything else.

After a little bit of looking around he noticed the perfect thing, two bottles of alcohol. One seemed to be a bottle of whiskey and the other a bottle of wine. “Ahh why didn’t you mention these?” He said as he pointed towards the bottles.

#14 JayTaku, Feb 13, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  15. The streets were eerily quiet as Mica made his way towards Winona's house. As the sky darkened to the setting sun, the streetlights began to flick on one by one. Mica kept a brisk pace, almost jogging. Every other moment he would look over his shoulder, half expecting to find masked figures melting out of the darkness to grab him, or a white van to suddenly appear and snatch him away. The growing darkness caused a rising sense of dread and fear to form in Mica's gut. This was a terrible idea, a terrible idea! Leaving the house as night fell, what a fantastic idea. If this was a horror movie, this would be the part where the killer jumped out. Mica's grip tightened on the thing in his jacket pocket as he looked around once again. Still nothing. His breathing coming a bit more heavy, Mica turned onto Welch Drive. This was the street that Winona said she lived on.

The teen looked around once more. Still nothing. Mica quickly pulled out his phone, checking the address one more time. 1092, that was the place. Mica shoved the phone back into his pocket, and made his way towards the house.

Mica walked onto the porch, looking around the neighborhood one last time. He could feel the air starting to cool as the night continued to fall. The unnerving feeling of dread and uneasiness still held a knot in his stomach. This was a bad idea... But it seemed like an even worse idea to turn around and try to head home in the dark. Letting out a nervous breath, Mica gently knocked on the door to Winona's house.

JayTaku likes this.
  16. Winnie squirmed slightly. She could see the distaste in his face at the mention of apple juice, but she quite liked it, personally... She blinked as he walked into the kitchen, pressing her back against the counter as though to avoid being in his way. She bit her inner cheek as he pointed out the two bottles.
    "Ah- that's my parents'," she mumbled quietly, ducking her head. She could feel her body heat up with embarrassment. Now wasn't the time to be a goody-two-shoes! What if he hated her? She pursed her lip into a tiny frown, but gave in shortly after. "Right, I... Sorry, I didn't think to point them out," she murmured, reluctantly getting him a glass. It felt wrong, and she knew it, but she didn't want to disappoint him. "Just... please don't take too much."
    Guilt set in immediately. They'd kill me if they knew I was doing this! Oh, my God! Why am I letting this happen! Why is he so scary!
    She shook her head quickly, in an attempt to shake the thoughts away. Whatever, it was fine. No big deal. She turned away, filling a glass with Jimmy's water and bringing it to him. Just as she was setting it down with a gentle "here you go", there was another knock at the door.
    Scurrying to answer it, Winona cracked the door open. The warm, yellow light from her home was a nice contrast to the dark, glum atmosphere of outside. After confirming that it was, in fact, Mica at the door. He looked really, really disturbed, like he was anxious. Winnie offered him the warmest smile she could, hoping to calm his nerves.
    "Hey, come in!" she offered, closing the door behind him. It then occurred to her that she was probably expected to say something to the group, considering she'd gotten them all together, but nothing came to mind whatsoever. She frowned curtly, tapping her foot.
    "Um- thank you all for showing up." She mused softly, fumbling with her hands. "I really, really appreciate it. If I'm honest, I didn't expect anyone to show up..."

JayTaku likes this.
  17. Mica blinked as Winona opened the door. As nervous as he was, the teen was relieved to see a friendly, semi-familiar face greet him. With a nod, Mica followed Winona into her house. There were already quite a few people there, most of which Mica recognized. There was Wallace, an obvious w. Then there was... Jimmy? Mica wasn't aware that he was a w. From his position in the living room, Mica could see that there was someone's shadow in the Kitchen. Three other people? How many people had Winona invited? Did she know all these people personally? Well, Mica didn't really know Winona on a personal level...

Mica leaned against the wall of the house, letting out a breath. His heartbeat began to slow as he calmed down. The familiar environment of a house helped chase away his thoughts of kidnappers chasing him through the night. He was here. He was safe. He would be fine.

Having calmed himself down enough, Mica looked up once again as Winona began to speak to everyone. She seemed rather nervous, which made sense. Public speaking was a common fear, and while this was more of just 'talking to people', it was close enough that Mica could sympathize with Winona's discomfort. Mica managed a small smile, giving Winona a little thumbs up as he walked over to her. Reaching into his backpack, he took out the box of cosmic brownies he had and offered the box to her.

JayTaku likes this.
  18. The young teen had been waiting outside of the house for a while now, still too nervous to come in. She'd been practicing her introduction since she got the message, holding her notecards in front of her.
    Finally, she collected herself, and emerged from her hiding spot. She - putting on a facade of confidence - knocked on the door, her three small raps barely making any sound. She prepared her script, mentally getting ready for any questions.

JayTaku likes this.
  19. JayTaku

Jay looked at Winona with a surprised expression. “You’re pretty alright y’know.” He shouted over to her as he cracked open the wine and poured himself a glass. He took one sip and then sat down on the couch.

“So the rest of you guys, who actually are ya? Can’t say I’ve really spoke to any of you before so it would help if I knew your names and stuff.” He said as looked around at all the different people inside of the room.

20. "Wallace Fletes. You can call me Wally, if you want." Wallace introduced himself. "I think you were in my maths class last year, can't remember if we ever spoke though."
    His attention was grabbed by another knock on the door.
    "I'll get it." He said, noticing that Winnie was preoccupied with the others.

He approached the door and opened it.
    "Hi! Kiara, right?" He said. Kiara Ryder? He wasn't aware that there was a W in her name. Middle name, maybe? Did the kidnappers count middle names? "I'm Wallace. Everyone else is inside, come in."
    He gave a small, warm smile.

JayTaku likes this.
  21. He just said a simple thank you and nodded at Winnie as she gave him the water. He drank it and then turned to Jay, "I'm James W Dalius, I prefer to be called Jimmy. I'm the rich popular kid everyone either hates or loves, even though I hate being popular, the irony makes me laugh sometimes." he smiled at the male with the wine glass. He took another sip of the water and sat forward as he noticed someone say, Kiara. He looked back and smiled, "Oh hey Kiara."

22. Winnie smiled nervously at Mica as he attempted to reassure her with a small thumbs up, and her mouth formed a little “o” as he handed her a box of cosmic brownies. Her strained smile broke into a genuine one, and she thanked him brightly, quickly offering him a seat. Looking over, she swallowed her shame as Jay poured his glass of his mother’s wine. Cassidy Jenkins, Winnie’s mother, had been thrilled to bits when she saw it on the shelves, said it was her mother’s favorite. However, Jay’s “compliment” (if you could even call it that) took the edge off that guilt. She really was a people pleaser.
    She perked up at another knock on the door, thanking Wally hurriedly as he offered to greet who she assumed was Kiara. After that was confirmed, she waved warmly to the other girl, a bit relieved that she’d shown up. Winnie didn’t have anything against boys, of course, but having four in her living room was a bit daunting. Needless to say, she was grateful to see another girl thrown into the mix.
    She listened attentively to Jimmy’s introduction, as she sat on the couch, her posture a tiny bit rigid due to nerves, but after a few moments, she seemed to relax just marginally.

23. JayTaku

Jay raised an eyebrow at Jimmy, “Huh, that’s funny isn’t it. It’s the same here I don’t like our school, nor do I like most of the people that attend it. But people still like me! I just don’t get it...” He said as he maybe realised he was getting a bit too into it. As another girl entered the mix Jay attempted to look “tough” and “cool”. He didn’t really care about much, but he wasn’t above trying to impress the ladies, to no avail.

“So Winona, do you think you could explain more of why we’re here and what’ll be going down tonight?” He asked as he took another sip of his wine.

_obsequious likes this.
  24. Mica managed a small smile in return as Winona thanked him and offered him a seat. The white-haired teen nodded, sitting down and watching as another person entered the house. It was a girl, a little younger. Wally called her Kiara. Mica took another breath, looking around the room to each of the people. The person who's shadow he had seen in the kitchen Mica could now see was Jay. Was that... was he drinking wine?

Well, that didn't matter. It appeared that people were going around and introducing themselves. As Mica listened and watched, it struck him on how long it had been since... well, since he had really said anything. Mica shifted in his seat. He didn't really like thinking about that. As he listened to the others, Mica wondered... should he say something? Introduce himself? It seemed like everyone else was more focused on talking to each other. Instead, Mica turned his attention over to Kiara and offered the girl a small wave hello.

JayTaku likes this.
  25. Winnie opened her mouth to answer, but promptly shut it almost immediately after. To be completely honest, she had no answer to that. She hadn’t expected things to go as they were going, and it had barely been twenty minutes since the first person arrived. She pondered on that question for a moment, but luckily for her it seemed like virtually everyone was directing their attention on Kiara, greeting themselves. While she was a bit grateful, there was a twinge of… a twinge of jealousy plucking at her mind. She blinked, bewildered with herself. Curse her hyper-feminine brain, overanalyzing every little thing-!
    “Ah.. to be completely honest, I don’t have much of a plan…” she admitted ruefully, ducking her head and fiddling with her thumbs. “I’m sorry, I probably should’ve prepared a bit m-”
    A familiar chime interrupted her. The girl sat up, pursing her lip in confusion upon hearing the doorbell ring. She hadn’t invited anyone else- everyone she’d reached out to had miraculously arrived (somehow).
    “Did… did you guys invite anyone else?” she murmured, standing. She crossed over to the door, peering through the peephole. She wasn’t met with any eyes, and in fact, she didn’t see anyone standing there. In her naivety, she fumbled with the lock and opened the door, mumbling something along the lines of “ding-dong ditchers” under her breath. While she was correct in assuming that they- whoever they were- had fled, her doorstep wasn’t completely barren. Winona, upon seeing nobody, went to close the door, when a familiar bottle caught her eye. Lips parting in confusion, she bent down, picking up the bottle and slowly closing the door with her foot. A tiny piece of paper was tied to the neck of the bottle. And on it, a little message, with letters cut out from a magazine, or newspaper.

For your mother, since Mr. West might drink the whole thing.
    Her mother’s favorite wine lay in her hands. A brand new bottle, at that. Winnie opened her mouth to speak, but could manage no noise. Her mouth felt dry. Wordlessly, she set the bottle down on the table, in front of Jay, and swiftly locked the front door, and drew the curtains.
    Somebody knew they were there.

Captain Cardboard and JayTaku like this.
  26. JayTaku

Jay lay back as he noticed another girl was there with them other than Winona. “She’s Kiara I think, don’t really know her but I’ve seen her around a couple of times.” He then looked over in Winona’s direction. “Hmm, nah. I didn’t care enough to invite anyone else.” He said as he chuckled. He then noticed she was coming back with something in her hands.

“Heyyyy. What’ve you go there?” He asked as another bottle was placed in front of him.
    “I guess we’ll crack another one open!” He said as he went to grab it, but he then realised how quickly she drew the curtains and shut the door. “Hey what’s up?”

Captain Cardboard likes this.
  27. Jimmy got up and walked to the kitchen and saw the extra wine bottle and also the note. "For your mother, since Mr. West might drink the whole thing? What? Ok... ok so what does this mean?" he had a perplexed face and he began pacing mumbling to himself. He turned to the others, "There is either someone watching us, or there is someone in this very house that is actually the murderer." He kept pacing back and forth in nervousness. Was this the day he died? All because Winnie felt unsafe. No, it wasn't her fault. She didn't know.

28. Mica was about to pull out his phone to distract himself from the party when he too heard the doorbell ring. He watched Winona's reaction silently, as she shifted from nervousness to irritation. Then irritation to confusion as she brought a bottle of wine into the house. Someone had left a bottle of wine at the door? There seemed to be something attached to the neck of the bottle as well, but Mica couldn't quite read what was written on it from where he was sitting. But whatever it was, it scared Winona. The girl set down the wine bottle, quickly making her way back to the front door and locking it before drawing the curtains.

"For your mother, since Mr. West might drink the whole thing?" Jimmy read. Mica quickly looked back over to the kitchen where Jimmy was reading the note. Now that the new wine bottle was standing next to the old one, Mica could indeed see that it was the same brand. His eyes went wide as a shiver went down his spine. Wha.... what... Thoughts began to race through Mica's head at a million miles per hour as he looked back to Winona. For a moment, Mica's mind blanked as he processed what this all meant.

The first thought was that it was a prank. Someone was pulling a cruel joke on them. It wouldn't have been the first time Mica had been the target of a cruel joke. He didn't exactly have many friends or talk much, which had made him a prime target for bullies and people to make fun of him. But Mica quickly disregarded that thought. No, this was something more than that. The wine bottle was the same type as the one Winona already had. Whoever had left the new one knew left it for Winona's mother, which meant that whoever left it knew that this was the exact type of wine Winona's family had. Another possibility could be that it was just a coincidence, but Mica found that outcome doubtful. That would require the prankster to wait outside and already have the bottle of wine. Not to mention, the words looked like they weren't written on, but glued on. That whole theory was improbable.

Then Jimmy said something rather unusual...
    "There is either someone watching us, or there is someone in this very house that is actually the murderer." Jimmy said. Mica's eyes widened again, but only for a moment. He looked from person to person in the house, his hand in his jacket pocket and gripping the rectangular device. No. No, that wasn't it. Mica relaxed slightly, still watching each of the teens. It wasn't one of them. They were all in the room when the doorbell rang. There was no way it was one of them.

Mica stood up from the couch and went over to help Winona with closing the curtains. Once that was accomplished, he tapped Winona on the arm before pointing to the phone. It might be a good idea to call the police. Then the white haired teen walked over to where Jay was sitting. The teen went to grab the bottle before pausing and shaking his head. No. He shouldn't touch it. It was evidence. The bottle could have the fingerprints of whoever left it on it.
    "Shouldn't touch th' bottle." Mica murmured to Jay. " 'S evidence. Fingerprints."

JayTaku likes this.
  29. JayTaku

Jay sat in disbelief. He was mentioned in this note...but why? Who would anyone know of him? How would they even know he had some of the wine? A million questions went through him as he attempted to keep a calm expression on his face.

He heard what Mica said to him about not touching the bottle, “Evidence? Finger prints? What is this a crime scene?” He asked sarcastically as he grabbed the bottle and placed it next to the already opened one. “I don’t think we should just jump to the conclusion that there is someone watching us. Though that’s a possibility I guess...” He contemplated it for a moment before then shaking his head. “I just refuse to believe there’s some crazy kidnapper watching our every move. It sounds ridiculous!” He said as he began to raise his voice the slightest bit.

Despite the front he put on, he was actually nervous on the inside. He definitely knew it was a possibility, this couldn’t have been some coincidence. But panicking about it wouldn’t help.

30. "Yeah!" Wallace said, laughing nervously, "there could be some completely reasonable explanation that I just can't think of right now."

He glanced at the door. Somebody had to be watching the house, right? To know the specific type of wine that Winnie produced and that Jay drank some. To have the wine on hand in advance, they'd have to know that Winnie owned that brand of wine. That meant two things.

1) They knew about the meeting ahead of time, meaning somebody in this house must've told them about the meeting

2) They had a way into the house

Of course, he could be jumping to conclusions. Maybe the kidnapper(s?) were only after Winnie, and everyone else being here was just a coincidence. Not that it mattered now.

"I second the plan to not touch the wine. There's no telling if it's been drugged or something, and we shouldn't be drunk regardless." He said. "Right now, we should focus on making sure that nobody can get in. How many windows do you have? Do they lock? Are there any other doors into the house?"

JayTaku likes this.
  31. She felt nauseous.
    Somebody knew. Somebody knew that Wölffer Estate was her mother’s favorite wine. Somebody knew that Jay was drinking. They knew her location, they knew her address. Despite any efforts to remain calm, Winona felt the burning sting of tears just barely beginning to form in her eyes. Luckily she was still facing the wall, her fingers clenching gently on the fabric of the curtains.
    Calm down. Calm down. You cannot panic in front of them, they are your guests. Stay calm. You’re okay.
    They were looking at her. Some of them were looking to her for guidance, for the next step, others she could’ve sworn were looking at her in disdain. She wasn’t sure, but she could feel their gazes on her back, sending shivers up and down her spine. Jimmy said something about someone in the room being the murderer- not the kidnapper, but the murderer. None of the missing kids had been confirmed dead, but… unfortunately it was common sense. She’d known that, in the back of her head, but hearing him say it aloud made her feel sick.
    My fault. If we die here, it’s my fault.
    The girl screwed her eyes shut, taking a slow breath through her nose. Her eyes darted around, from the window to the peephole to the door. Somebody knew! Somebody knew they were there! She sighed sharply, clenching her fists so that her fingernails dug into the palms of her hands, leaving tiny red crescents in her skin when she relaxed them. She reluctantly turned around and looked to Wally, who was asking her questions. Her eyebrows knit together in thought.
    “Our windows don’t have locks, but they have screens. You’d.. You’d have to break the screen to get in,” she mumbled, wringing her hands. She took another somewhat shaky breath. “There aren’t any other doors in the house, besides the back door, and we keep that one locked.”
    She looked to Mica, who was studying her with a worried gaze. He gestured wordlessly to his phone, suggesting that they call someone. She nodded hurriedly, fumbling in her pocket for her cell. She dialed the police, bringing the phone to her ear.
    “H-Hi, I’m- this is Winona Jenkins.” She introduced flatly, dragging her thumb across her hand. “I have some- some friends over, and we think somebody is watching us. We’re all W’s. Please hurry, we’re at 1092 Welch Drive.”
    She went quiet for a moment, listening intently to what the dispatcher said. From what the others could tell, she seemed a bit exasperated.
    “What- no, we- We got a bottle of wine at our doorstep, and- it’s the same wine my mother likes- it- it had a note on it, for us. Somebody knows we’re here.”
    She fell silent once more, before swallowing nervously. “Okay. Yes. Okay. Thank you, ma’am.”
    She looked to the others as the line went dead. “There’s a police cruiser surveying the neighborhood five minutes away. They’re headed here now.” She murmured softly, sitting down beside Jay and burying her head in her hands. “I’m sorry. I didn’t think it would go like this.”

32. JayTaku

“Are we really being watched? Or are they all just being paranoid?” Jay took a quick look at everyone surrounding him. “Well if there is some “murderer” wouldn’t they just come out and just finish us off. We’re vulnerable teens, not too intimidating.” Jay said as he got up and looked towards Winona, she looked scared. “Come on there’s no one there.”

Jay then lifted his hands up, “But just in case, shall we take a look around?” He suggested as his voice took on a more nervous tone than usual.

#32 JayTaku, Feb 21, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    _obsequious likes this.
  33. The simple gathering had already turned into a situation Kiara didn't want to be in. Not really saying anything, she sat down in the corner, drawing her knees to her chest. She wasn't hysterically scared, she was just nervous and she wanted to disappear.
    Why did I do this?
    She then heard the girl that had called them there apologize. The words rang in her head, echoing. She stood up, walking over to Winona.
    Her voice tiny but somewhat comforting, Kiara spoke. "It's not your fault. You couldn't have ever known that this was going to happen. Any of us could have made the same mistake."

JayTaku likes this.
  34. Jimmy heard Jay's suggestion, "I say we split into groups of 2, strength in numbers, and split up the area in the house, cover it and then when the cops come we can stop." He looked at Kiara and then the groups came to mind. "What about Winnie and Jay, Mica and Wally, and Me and Kiara? Then all we need is the places to go, Winnie does this place have an upstairs and a downstairs?"

JayTaku likes this.
  35. Mica took a step back from the situation as many people began to talk at once. Wallace spoke up on securing the house, but it sounded like the place was already as secure as it was going to be. He was glad to see that Winona called the police. Someone had to keep a clear head. And evidently, the person that wasn't keeping a clear head was Jimmy. Mica quickly shook his head no at what Jimmy said. That sounded like an extremely bad idea. Why do they have to be the ones to search the house? They should leave that to the police. Splitting up would only make them more vulnerable. Plus, they were the ones on the defense. They didn't need to find this guy. There were 6 of them, but even though they were teens, Mica was sure that all six of them could overpower whoever was stalking them. Mica tightly gripped the rectangular device in his jacket pocket.
    " 'S horror movie mistake." Mica murmured, but he wasn't sure anyone would really hear him. "Never split the party."

JayTaku likes this.
  36. "Mica's right." Wallace said. "The kidnappers only ever take one person. If we split up, even a little, it's easier to isolate us. We came here specifically to avoid being alone. I say we just bunker down by the door, y'know? Never go out of earshot, stay put until the police arrives."

The police were coming. Everything was going to be fine. All Wallace had to do was just... cling on tight to this mess of a meeting and not let go. Make sure everyone was together and safe and then everything would be alright. He'd be alright.

Right?

JayTaku likes this.
  37. Winnie let out a sharp sigh, rubbing her eyes. She looked up at Jay, who seemed to try to put her at ease, but she could hear the doubt in his tone. She smiled hesitantly, thanking him quietly, before her attention was brought to Kiara, who did a slightly better job at comfort. Despite what she said, the guilt of bringing everyone to one location was heavy on her conscience. She perked up upon hearing the suggestions of both Jay and Jimmy, and a shiver went down her spine at the thought. She opened her mouth to interject, but Mica seemed to do a better job of that, albeit rather quietly. She nodded in agreement, and was more than happy to hear Wally backing them up. She went to speak, but a sharp knock sounded at the door. She looked up nervously, her spine prickling in discomfort.
    “It's the police,“ A voice announced firmly, and she relaxed momentarily, but it suddenly occurred to her that anyone could say that. She got up and got on her toes, looking out the peephole, and she was greeted by a semi-familiar face. She fumbled with the lock, and in came Officer Rutherford. He took a brief look around, and mumbled something into his little radio. He looked at Winnie with a small smile.
    “Howdy, Miss Jenkins.“ he murmured, placing a hand on her shoulder. “My, you've gotten so big! Your father still has a picture of you as a toddler in his cubicle.“ She smiled halfheartedly, taking a tiny step away from him.
    “Hello,“ she mumbled. He stood there, looking at the surrounding teens.
    “Seems I've walked in on a party.“ He joked. Winnie laughed quietly, but it was awkward, out of obligation. “Well, Miss Jenkins, I'll take a quick look around. You and your friends just stay here.“
    After a few moments, with the occasional beep of his radio sounding from the other room, Officer Rutherford came back in.
    “Alright,“ he started flatly, adjusting his belt. “I didn’t see any signs of a break-in.. you said there was a message for you?”
    Winnie nodded quickly, fumbling with the wine bottle and untying the note. She pressed it into his hand, and he looked at it skeptically. He flipped it over, once, twice, before tucking it into his pocket. “I’ll take it into the office and see if we can find anything on it. You kids ought stay here, it’s too late for any of you to be runnin’ around by yourselves at night.” He murmured, but something seemed like he didn’t care all that much. He took a final look around, and went to leave, before he looked to Jay.
    “And.. Mr. West, lay off the drinks.” He added slowly, before he ducked through the doorway and left.

38. JayTaku

Jay scowled at Rutherford’s comment about him and the drinks. “Trust the police to not doing anything to help out.” He said to the group as he went in front of them.

“He barely did anything. Didn’t that look like the face of a man who cared?” He said as he pointed his thumb to the door. “That guy didn’t give a shit about us. We’re dumb kids why would he?” He then took a breath, “If you guys really think something’s up we should take into our own hands in my opinion.”

39. "It's not exactly unusual," Kiara interjected quietly. "Most of the adults are like that." She wanted to add 'also, please don't curse in front of me,' but decided against it.
    Anxiously, she pulled out her pencil and notepad, listlessly doodling on it. Somehow, her subconscious pencil strokes turned into a large W. Looking down at it in sudden fear, she crumpled up the page and put away the notepad. That was too creepy of a coincidence for her.

40. Mica relaxed slightly as people agreed with him saying they should stick together. He sat back down on the couch, listening to the others and once again fading out of the conversation. Moments later, a police officer arrived. Mica watched the officer carefully. He wasn't one of the few that had talked to him and investigated his sister's disappearance, but just the sight of that blue uniform brought back... bad memories. He didn't like to think about that. At first, Mica had been a suspect in his sister's disappearance. After all, he was the only one home when his sister was kidnapped. The white-haired teen closed his eyes, gritting his teeth and shaking his head as he tried to push the memories out. The police might not be of much help now... but at the very least, if they went missing now someone would know where they all were.

Having pushed the painful memories back, Mica once again began to watch the group and think. The officer left, taking the note that was on the wine bottle with him. Mica noticed that he was carrying it with his hand. So much for fingerprints... But at least he left the bottle. Mica could try it himself...

Mica focused back on the situation at hand, trying to keep a calm, objective outlook on the situation. Officer Rutherford had done a slight scan of the house and found no signs of break in. And as poor of a job it (possibly) was, Mica was inclined to believe the officer. The wine bottle had been found outside, after someone had rang the doorbell. That didn't leave a lot of time for someone to break into the house in a way that would be unnoticeable. So for now, Mica would operate under the assumption that the house was secure. For now. Still, it would be a better idea to keep the group together, in the same room if possible. No one should go out alone, and even groups of two wouldn't be a good idea. For now, Mica kept quiet.

JayTaku likes this.