• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed War's Aftermath RP

Here is the Roleplay thread for "War's Aftermath".
If you wish to join, please check the current status in the Discussion Page: https://pokecharms.com/threads/wars-aftermath-full.19030/

(OOC: Warning, this post is pretty long... I think it's a bit of a habit. Sorry guys ^_^|| The first portion is just the lore, so you may not have to read it. The second and third portions are my characters: Kinesis and Ciel respectively.)

About a century prior, there was a war among Humans and Pokemon about the freedom of Pokemon in Unova. Two sides were formed and the war was split -- Trainers and their Pokemon against a Pokemon Rebellion. The lovely regions that we all knew were covered in notable scars of destruction in many towns. Unlike most fabled wars, these didn't end well. Battles were more destructive due to the Humans' improvements in technology. Their technology gave Trainers such an advantage that... Eventually, their own ideas backfired. Humans became extinct.
Pokemon of both sides of the war saw the consequences of their actions and, at some point, the remaining Pokemon of each side came together. Their leaders came together, deciding to end the restless fighting.
An Altaria named Arcus, who fought on behalf of the Trainers, and a Charizard named Regal, fighting on behalf of the Rebellion, agreed to sign a peace treaty. This treaty was called "The Treaty of Arcus and Regal".

"...Following the treaty, the two created new civilizations from the Humans' own. Some of the Human towns just became new shelter for Pokemon, while there may have also been new civilizations built in the wild. With new civilizations, Pokemon have even chosen to use the Humans' technology, although not that effectively... Even so, our mistakes from both the fabled Humans to us, are something to learn from," a Raichu was standing on top of a stage, talking to a crowd of Pokemon. Several sheets of paper were in his paws as the Raichu quickly adjusted a tie around its neck. It spoke loudly, filled with pride, "Thus we must always maintain the peace that New Unova has to offer."

Even if that may be true, for some odd reason, there is an eerie feeling present in the air. What could be awaiting to disrupt a whole century of peace?

====​

The Raichu soon dismissed the residents of Trizest after the speech was complete. It was a special occasion as the current day marked the 100th anniversary of the treaty being signed and officially ended a massacre of a war that lead to a full century of peace. In a way, that's an achievement.

The crowd dispersed as they went back to their everyday business. Kinesis followed along with the crowd trying to head home. As she was about to go towards the abandoned houses something caught her eye. She looked towards the Dreamyard, which to her, was a complete mystery, for years Kinesis had always attempted to go into the yard to explore it. Her parents constantly nagged her for even stepping a foot near the area.
Kinesis looked at the entrance as a floating, shadowy figure with red eyes appeared. Immediately, the figure disappeared. What was that? Am I seeing things? She started to walk towards the Dreamyard in hopes to investigate.

====
Ciel was preparing to leave Endorport. In his room, he was gathering a bag of berries and stuffing it into a travelling bag. His eyes darted upon hearing a Persian walk in, "Yes?"

"You know, son, I need you to be here in case something happens to me. Both of your siblings are off doing, well, only the Original One could tell," the Persian was old, yet he didn't seem too old. He coughed to clear his throat, "Ahem. I hope you understand that no one will be here to care for the company if you leave and I'm gone. Do you have any reason in particular to start travelling?"

The Absol looked at the feline, "As much as I look forward to owning the business, father, I want to do something that is beneficial to myself. See New Unova and meet with some of the locals there... Do some exploring." Ciel saw his father wasn't truly impressed yet as he spoke, quickly, he added, "I think it might be beneficial to the business as well... It may improve our status economically."

His father paused to think, then grinned, "Well, that may seem really profitable. If you find unknown resources it can be sold at a hefty price, you could spread the business's name... Fine, do what you want, just don't forget to contact me by Pidove, or however your generation communicates these days."
Another Pokemon walked in, it was an Emolga holding a clipboard with glasses, "Mr. Arinne, you have guests."
"It appears my 5 o'clock has arrived. Ciel, you have my permission, but please don't take so many berries... That's part of our profit," the Persian left with the Emolga.

"Yes, father," Ciel gave a calm response before completing his packing. He left soon after -- not before going against his father's wishes and taking more berries -- starting to head immediately to the town ports.

The sound of dripping water and faint, almost-undetectable scratching of claws on stone. Cobalt went still, listening carefully. Something else was in this cave, and he hadn't prepared for a battle. Looking around at the darkness for some sign of life, he heard another series of scratches.

What ancient texts called 'Wellspring Cave' was supposed to be abandoned, mostly collapsed as it was.

Well, if there was something unexpected, it was his job to document it. Drifting silently forwards, Cobalt raised an arm in defense of whatever unseen thing may be out there. If it was some other adventurer, he may have a fight to deal with...

The Rockruff hid frantically behind a tree, her blue eyes wid and wary of her pursuers- they had chased her out of her home town after she had stolen food from them. "I kn-knew I shouldn't have done that!" she scolded herself, facepalming many times, as a sort of punishment for herself. She squeezed her eyes shut, trying to dispel the tears, and hugged her face into her scarf, looking back on Edilite in dismay. She'd been there her whole life, and now she was scared of even stepping one paw there.

So, she would run, heading toward Wellspring Cave for shelter- even if it was destoryed mostly, no one should find her there, as no one would expect a city Pokémon like her to be there. In short time, due to her adrenaline from paranoia speeding her up, she arrived; and, it seemed as if she was mostly alone, despite a curious, faint scratching. Her rocky paws clicked against the floor of the cave, and she looked for some sort of hidden shelter.

But then... she heard footsteps- someone else was here. She wasn't skillful in muffling her gasp, and her shocked outburst echoed slightly before she managed to halt herself. Eyes wide with fear, she backed up, terrified of what could be stalking around in this cave.

"So, explain something to me." A Jolteon wearing a bandanna and sporting a cigar in his mouth stood over a Litleo, paw on throat and all. "You expect me to believe that my reward was stolen before I could retrieve? And you running away was you chasing the culprit?" The Jolteon growled and kicked the Litleo into a nearby building wall. "I don't play when it comes to my pay. Now pay up or you will pay." "O-okay..." The Litleo choked out before pulling out a small box. The Jolteon snatched and opened it, revealing a ruby necklace. This caused a grin to spread across his face. "That's what I like to see. Now get out of here. Don't expect my services again." The Litleo stood up and limped out of the alley they were in. The Jolteon admired the necklace a while longer before boxing it and leaving the scene.

Even Cobalt couldn't see through the pitch-black cave, but he had good enough hearing that he felt confident navigating it. The scratching had to have been a Pokémon, but it was silent now. Of course, he knew all too well that a lack of breathing wasn't an indicator that there was nothing there. He moved slowly, cautiously—

and then spun around quickly. Arms raised, readying a series of Bullet Punches against whatever it was that had managed to sneak behind him— oh!

"Who?" His voice came out as a metallic murmur, a question not directly meant for the plainly-city Rockruff before him. Cobalt lowered his arms slowly so as to not scare the Pokémon before asking, "Where did you come from?"

“I— I’m sorry!!” the Rockruff whimpered, cowering with big, trembling eyes. She didn’t recognise the type of Pokémon before her- the femme had not had much experience outside of Edilite’s alleyways. Her ears folded back in fear, and she was shaking like a leaf. “I j-just, uh, came here for sh-shel-shelter...”

“Uhh... I g-got chased out of Edilite...” she attempted to explain more, her voice hitching in her throat so she could not continue.

She hoped that explanation would suffice; though, the wariness of many Pokémon in their current age was certainly a common thing; a common thing that the Rockruff had learnt to deal with, over time, despite her incessant paranoia.

Ciel started leaving his house as a small group of Pokemon entered. The group compromised of a Braviary, supposedly the leader, along with two Herdiers and two Machops. The Pokemon that followed the Braviary were apparently acting as its guards. Those must be the guests father called over. It isn't uncommon to see some Pokemon, especially those from companies, to roam Endorport not without a small entourage tagging around as a form of protection, as they say, "There's more power in numbers."
Just as Ciel was about to step out, "Son! Come meet one of the companies from the mainland!" It was his father.
The Absol waved in response, "Um... Nice to meet you, although I can't stay right now. Sorry, father, but I must take leave now. I need to catch my ride to Edilite."
"...Very well, you have your priorities. Just take care to avoid the alleyways as much as possible. Have a nice trip."

His father and the Braviary walked off, now in their own conversations, as Ciel began heading towards the town ports. First thing I have to do is get a ticket... I should be able to afford it.