• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Warriors. The Growing Stars

Silverpaw flattened her ears in fear, and crouched like doomed prey. What if they attack? What if RowanClan finds out?! What if-- (changing her bio slightly)

Sparrowrush padded back to Silverpaw and Everbreeze, placin two of the prey infront of the apprentice and one infront of Everbreeze. He dug into his own and turned away from the group to reply to the clan's deputy about who the apprentice was. They chatted for a bit before he turned back to the two, "you are being allowed to stay. A mentor will be given to you but you will not be put on an duties til you are strong enough. That means plenty of lazing around and eating til we build muscle on you".

Everbreeze nodded thanks and silently listened to all the goings-on. The small apprentice nodded shakily. Not of hunger, and the smell of prey, but of fear. These cats all looked so... hostile. Her black-and-white splotched coat glistened in the sunlight, and she stared at the prey, not sure what to do in the strange place.

Sparrowrush tilted his head as he watched the apprentice fidget. He bent down to her level and looked around before laughing softly, "there is nothing to be afraid of! We won't hurt you. They would have to go through me to get you so don't worry. Eat".

He nudged the mice closer to her and used his body to block her sight of them. Stormchaser ducked it the Warriors den, not wanting to see her brother acting like the Rowanclan apprentice was actually part of their clan and not a spy.

"I, um... thank you, um..." She sat up, stuttering. "You're acting really accepting. But... I feel like I could pose a threat. What if..." The apprentice's huge imagination ran wild. "...what if...what if..." She sighed. "I just don't want to make any trouble!" Silverpaw plopped down on her rump and whispered, smiling slightly. "But that mouse looks so good." She giggled quietly, and her laugh sounded like a bell. She picked at the mouse and tapped it a few times, then licked it. "Okay, I admit it. I'm hungry, and you guys seem like really great hunters." She nipped at it a few times as if it would run away, then took teeny bites.

"You have to speak up. I can not hear as well as many can," Sparrowrush admitted as he strained his ears to hear what she was saying. He sat down and nudged the second mouse over, urging her to eat, "I'm Sparrowrush by the way, the she-cat that marched away earlier was my sister, Stormchaser. Who are you"?

Sparrowrush growled as she heard what was going on outside. She pressed her ears down to her head and hissed under her breathe. Claws sinking into the moss below her.

"Um, I'm Silverpaw. And your sister sounds beautiful. Although I can't see her, she steps lightly. Beautiful cats always step lightly, but not all light-steppers are beautiful. Wait, that sounded weird. Um... anyways. I can hear you sighing, 'Stormchaser.' Thanks for the mouse, Sparrowrush~" She was feeling a little better now...

"Not a problem," Sparrowrush smiled now that the apprentice spoke loud enough for him to hear. Stormchaser buried her head in paws, choosing to ignore the apprentice outside. Sparrowrush looked over at the warrior's den and shook his head, "don't worry about them. She hates Rowanclan just a little more than most. They killed her first apprentice after all. He had just been made one to. But that's not your fault so don't feel pressure because of it".

Sparrowrush was called over by some kits and excused himself quickly. He rolled around and played with them until they got tired then he sent them back to the nursery so that their mother could watch over them. He filled a few other warriors in on Silverpaw and they all agreed not to put to much pressure on her while she was recovering from her malnourished state.

(Isn't Silverpaw blind? She can't see or look)
Stormchaser was pushed out of the den again by another warrior who was trying to clean the den. She stood off to the side deciding on cleaning herself from the dried mud and scent that masked her own. It was slow but it worked until it got to the back of her neck and struffle. She tried her best to reach and paw at it but nothing helped.

riiiight thanks. xD pretend she looked with her ears??)) Everbreeze smiled. "You're gonna have to use water." She had alreay gotten washed and dry, not minding water at all. Silverpaw listened to all the sounds and sniffed all the smells.

Stormchaser huffed loudly at the other cat but padded to the small stream outside the camp anyway. She stood in it and rolled against the stones, the mud washing away. She wakes back into camp and waited for Maplestar's address about the new apprentice. When he walked out of his den he leapt onto the tall rock, "may all cats old enough to run the territory meet under the tall rock. Starclan's has given us a new apprentice in this ex Rowanclan cat. I have thought carefully and decided on who will mentor this young cat"!

The warrior moved closer to her so his scent was easier to detect to let her know he was there. Maplestar continued to speak as if it was a true apprentice ceremony, "Silverpaw! Do you accept the responsibility of protecting this clan? And Stormchaser! Do you accept the responsibility of teaching this young cat your ways of adaptation to terrain"?
The leader gave his warrior a dark look when he said this, asking her to challenge his judgement. The she-cat didn't not and walked to the front of the clan meeting, " I do".

"Silverpaw, we are waiting for your reply," Maplestar's voice boomed throughout the camp. Stormchaser was now sitting beside Silverpaw, looking at her with a uninteresting sneer. Her ears twitched at the sound of others murmed starting to get louder. Her bob tail flicked and she let a quiet growl under her breathe.

"Then I hope that Stormchaser will teach you well," Maplestar grinned and bowed his head in respect. Stormchaser moved infront of Silverpaw and tapped her head with her muzzle. She listened as her clan cheered for the new apprentice. The cats dispersed until only Sparrowrush stood with them. The tom smiled walked up to them, "congratulations! You have a new mentor"!

"Um... yeah... thank you... Stormchaser deserves more praise. She stood through and went along with it though I know she dislikes me so." Silverpaw's black and white patched fur glinted in the sun, bristling with anxiety as everyone yowled her name.

"I'm doing this for my clan. We will start tomorrow, I expect you to be up earlier. We are going on dawn patrol," Stormchaser huffed before striding away to go talk with some clanmates. Sparrowrush shook his head and grinned at the apprentice, nudging her shoulder with his, "don't worry about her. She will train you until your almost dead but she just wants you to be the best you can be".

"I'm sure it won't be as bad as it used to be for me. I'll do what I can." She twitched her nose and went to sit on a small rock in the shadows of the camp to listen. It always helped her know what was happening, what was going on between the Clan. She'd know how to fit in.

Sparrowrush smiled at her bravery and walked over to the warrior's den so he could take a nap. He flicked his tail in greeting to Everbreeze before falling asleep. Stormchaser watched over the camp and started to groom herself.

Everbreeze almost followed him and did the same, but then he decided to wait. Silverpaw listened to all the sounds... the rasping of Stormchaser's tongue, the laughing of sleepy but playful kits, the mewling of newborns, and the almost silent muttering of warriors and apprentices alike directed at her. She didn't care. All the sounds were comforting.

Stormchaser looked up at the sky and sighed loudly. The grey she-cat wished they everything would go back to the way it was before Rowanclan decided to take over. She looked around the camp one last time before going into the Warriors den to sleep.

Everbreeze followed, glancing back at the apprentice. Inside the den, she picked her usual isolated spot and slept. As she slept, the Cats came back to her, and after "years" of dreaming, she had gone through so much... even possible love. But as the quiet she-cat woke the next morning she felt the same as if she had never slept.

Stormchaser woke up for the dawn patrol. She walked to the apprentice's den and pawed at Silverpaw's side, "wake up kit. It's time for your first patrol".
Sparrowrush rolled onto his back, still dreaming and snoring a bit. His tail swishing back and forth.

"I've BEEN up." Silverpaw ignored the sharp prod and got up. "I just didn't want to wake anyone, so I stayed there. I wasn't going to move until they all got up. But then I got bored so I stayed here." Everbreeze smiled to herself, hearing the apprentice's quirky logic. Silverpaw tripped over her own tail, not used to this area, and padded over to Stormchaser's side.

Stormchaser nudged her with her muzzle then started toward the camp's entrance. She nodded to the other patrol cats and looked back at her apprentice, "hurry up. We have to go Silverpaw and you have a large amount of territory to memorize with your paws".

"Okay, okay, I got it I got it!" She raced out then stopped so fast she fell on her face. Getting up, she added, "Also other cats say even with my memory good I'm pretty clumsy," then raced off to what she thought was the entrance, but was really the side of the elders den, and forgot the last thing she said.

Stormchaser sighed and padded over to her apprentice. She nudged her sighed and pressed against Silverpaw, she looked around, "I'll led you. Stick by my side and it will be ok".

Stormchaser walked back to the entrance, making sure her paw steps were loud enough so Silverpaw could track them. She nodded to the patrol and sighed, ears twitching.

Stormchaser pressed against her apprentice and urged her forward. She looked forward and gripped the ground with her claws, "we are gonna have a jump soon so we need to pick up the pace and so stay right next to my flank and I'll tell you when to leap".

Silverpaw kicked a small rock, listened. Then sniffed the ground before her paws, and took a few stomping steps. She ran backwards, then straight for the jump, clearing it almost completely.