• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Wanna help create a region?

Anomaletix

Previously Keet
hi! this sounds cool, so might as well throw in a few locations that could be cool

Pyramids of Unida
(based on the Pyramids of Giza)

This spot would probably be somewhere in the middle of the beginning of the story and the end. In this area, there is stuff, like a Pokemon Center and Shop, a few homes, and possibly a Souvenir Shop. Inside the Pyramids, there's a small lobby area, and then you can delve into the Pyramids.

Inside the Pyramids, there would be a lot of rooms containing puzzles, increasing in difficulty. At the end of each room, there would be an item, ranging from stuff like Nuggets to more expensive things like a Pharaoh's Crown (or something) and at the end of the last puzzle is a very rare Pokemon.

That pokemon would be Dehinx (desert sphinx in yoruba)

It would be based on the Great Sphinx of Giza, with the head being (of course) the Sphinx, while the bottom being 4 small pyramids (basically acting like legs) being held up by small, black creatures.

Here are some of the stats.

When you encounter it:

Level 50
HP: 185
Typing: Rock/Ground
Catch Rate: 15%
Ability: Grounded
Takes less damage from flying types and water types.

Moves:
Pyramid Crush
Base Power: 100
60% accuracy
Recoil is 50% of damage dealt
Crit Rate: 5%
PP: 15

Rock Blast
PP: 10
Base Power: 25
Accuracy: 90%
Crit Rate: 5

Earthquake
Crit Rate: 5
Power: 100
PP: 10
Accuracy: 100

Pyramid's Curse
PP: 15
Accuracy: 95%
When in effect, the affected Pokemon has all of it's buffs removed, all stats reduced by 1, and will take 1.2x more damage from attackers.

tell me if anything needs to be changed

Also, there was a legend about a Lillipup that died. It was the favorite pet of the princess. She had the building built in its honor. There are Ghost/normal Lillipup there.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Oh, oops

Well, it could be located in Unida.
Up to the region owner really
But in my personal opinion, if we're going to actually reference India with this Fakemon region, then pyramids aren't a good representation. But again you worked so hard on it and again, it'll be the owner's call

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Hopefully this is good enough to qualify for y'all. I honestly did what I can and I can edit to the best of my abilities if y'all see something that you don't like.
Unida's Fossils.png

Saberock Rock/Ice

Saber Tooth Pokémon

This Pokémon lived in ages long past. It hunted in packs, teaming up on their prey and wounding it with their sharp teeth.

Abilities: Strong Jaw, Intimidate, Rock Head.

Stats:

HP 45

Att 70

Def 67

Sp.Att 55

Sp.Def 40

Speed 88

Saberoar Rock/Ice

Saber Tooth Pokémon

This Pokémon relies on camouflage for it’s hunt. It sometimes buries itself in snow, waits for its prey and then pounces. It almost never ends a hunt hungry. (It’s powerful muscles are equivalent to those of a Snow Leopard.)

Abilities: Strong Jaw, Intimidate, Snow Veil, Rock Head.

STATS

HP 70

Att 110

Def 70

Sp.Att 70

Sp.Def 55

Speed 150

Magenefly Bug/Rock

Ancient Insect Pokémon

Long, long ago, these bug types flew the skies. They would hunt down any Pokémon smaller than them, swooping down and stinging with a tail spike.

Abilities: Levitate, Swarm.

STATS

HP 40

Att 60

Def 60

Sp.Att 60

Sp.Def 60

Speed 88

Meganuera Bug/Rock

Ancient Insect Pokémon

These aerial predators were the most fierce of the ancient skies. Only Aerodactyl could combat it in the air, and there were often territorial battles between the two. The tough exoskeleton of this Pokémon is very hard to penetrate.

Abilities: Levitate, Swarm, Speed Boost.

STATS

HP 50

Att 70

Def 150

Sp.Att 70

Sp.Def 70

Speed 150

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
I still need to make Meganuera pixelated
and is there any other Fakemon made yet? Or any trainers or gym leaders needed to be made pixelated yet?

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Microsoft Paint
It’s not that difficult once you start getting the hang of it

If you want to see more of what I did, they’ll all be on my artwork on my profile

Speaking of which, I just realized that the Fakemon needs better shading lol

And as far as more sprites... we currently have all the Gym Leaders, you can view them if you go back a ways. I can tell you that Leader Terry is basically a hiker class with glasses and a hat. Finley would wear a dress, kinda like Leader Jasmine from Johto. Feel free to do what you want with that one. Poe obviously wears black, maybe a Tux? Lemme know if you have any questions.

pluveon

Previously DreamyVictini
Water Albatross, Grass Snake and Fire Ox. Though, we can still have a grass pig Fakemon, it just won't be a starter.

OK, I'll make a grass Pig Fakemon, not necessarily a starter:
Name: Oinkleaf
Type: Grass / Dark
Ability: Overgrow
Stats (At lvl 100):
HP: 65
ATK: 85
DEF: 45
SP ATK: 85
SP DEF: 45
SPD: 75
Total: 400
Moves via level up:
Lvl 1: Absorb, Tackle
Lvl 6: Bullet Seed
Lvl 10: Leafage
Lvl 11: Vine Whip
Lvl 16: Razor Leaf
Lvl 20: Hone Claws
Lvl 22: Feint Attack
Lvl 25: Seed Bomb
Lvl 27: Nasty Plot
Lvl 30: Payback
Lvl 33: Needle Arm
Lvl 37: Seed Bomb
Lvl 40: Night Slash
Lvl 44: Sucker Punch
Lvl 49: Thief
Lvl 53: Wood Hammer
Lvl 57: Solar Blade, Solar Beam
Appearance: A green-tinted pig, with two leave on the side of its face, and around five or six hanging out on top of its head.
Pokedex entry: Oinkleafs have been known for their trickery, they lure people and Pokemon in with their cute appearance and then pull the wool over their eyes. They are easily attracted to red berries and apples.

I like it! If you could make a sketch, that would be great. That way we get the gist of the appearance. Also, I generally like to know Base Stats rather than max stats at lvl 100.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
If y'all have images I can reference off of, I can make them into pixel art. So that would be much appreciated!

And I recommend starting the Grass Pig starter as just just Grass and then evolving it to a Grass/Dark