• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Wall Of Water {Discussion}

Status
Not open for further replies.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
We set the scene in an island chain akin to the Alola region, and Hawaii. With lots of rain, and diverse rainforests, as well as the clear water and warm beaches are the perfect places for Trainers and Pokemon to take a vacation. One day, though, a 'Wall of Water' crashed upon the shores of the beaches. Property was destroyed, people and pokemon died, and a lot more. Most of the survivors, water pokemon, but others survived too, were washed onto the shore of an uninhabited island, separated from the trainers. How will they survive? Only time will tell.

Rules:

• For now, this is a Pokemon-Only role-play, no trainers yet. Maybe there will be a search and rescue later. Who knows?
  • FOLLOW ALL POKECHARMS RULES.
  • Maximum of 2 pokemon/person.
  • Romance and crushes are allowed, but don't go too far... (You know what I mean.)
  • I don't feel like having to deal with fakemon, so they won't be allowed.
  • Have fun!
Character Bio:

Name:
Species:
Physical Description:
Personality:
Other:

My Character's Bio:

Name: Bubbles (His trainer called him that.)
Species: Froakie
Age (In Human Years.): 14
Physical Description: Bubbles is a normal Froakie, except his Frubbles are a bit more puffed up.
Personality: Very kind, but kind of introverted. He doesn't really hold grudges with others, and he is nice to be around.
Other: Bubbles was very attached to his trainer before the Tsunami, so now he will be very panicked, and sad.

MOAR INFO:
This RP is being adapted into a story:
https://pokecharms.com/series/wall-of-water-story.5389/
If you join this now, you might have a chance of being in it. If you are already in this RP, then good for you. Just make sure to bring the story forward sometimes so I have something to write about :)

Last edited:
Name: Kihei
Species: Wimpod
Physical Description: Smaller than your average Wimpod. His shell is faintly stained with red and blue paint, which dried long ago.
Personality: He wants to be tough as nails, so he can come across as aggressive, but he's still a wimp; as soon as it seems like the other person will fight back, Kihei backs off and cries mercy. There's nothing he wants more than to evolve. (But it's just too hard with how weak he is!)
Other: Kihei has never had a trainer of his own.

Name: Tai
Species: Murkrow
Physical Description: Tai is a common Murkrow.
Personality: Tai is serious and silent, he likes to think before acting, although this is not always the case. He may seem very shy, but when you meet him he is very talkative.
Other: He always has a red ribbon on his leg that reminds him of his trainer, August.

May I join too?

Name: Evelyn
Species: Vulpix
Physical Description: Evelyn is an Alolan Vulpix, the tuft on her head resembles one of a regular Vulpix, same goes for her tails, but like any other Alolan Vulpix, she has the snow white coat, and ice typing.
Personality: Evelyn is very shy, choosing not to interact with others. She knows how to fend for herself, using her various moves to get her way, such as Ice Beam, in order to freeze enimies bigger then she, in order to get away, or Attract, having the male in trance do her bidding.

Name: Tama
Species: Mimikyu
Age (In Human Years.): 13-14
Physical Description: Generally, a normal looking Mimikyu, whose disguise has managed to just about stay intact for the journey to the island. She has very pretty Crimson eyes, if one dares to look into her.
Personality: Insisting that she's a Pikachu, Tama speaks on third person and is very cute. Though some find her speech inflection irritating, it is regarded by others as adorable. But if there's one thing Tama hates, it's being called cute.
Other:

HI ^^ I will send my template for approval :D

Name: Spark
Species: Jolteon
Age (In human years): 3
Physical description: Spark is a normal Jolteon, but his neck spikes are extra white and pointy.
Personality: Usually very nice, very trustworthy, loves battling, likes to greet new Pokemon on the island, short-tempered, tries to make many friends
Other: Spark has never had a trainer nor does he want one. Spark has a navy blue ribbon on his left foreleg.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
I'm just a little bit confused. By human years, I mean how old they would be, if they lived as long as humans. Kind of like dog years. So you're saying that your Jolteon is equivalent to a toddler. Just think about that, and I'll accept your form.

Finally, someone that puts up if Fakemon are allowed for the RP! Thank you so much! Below is my character bio and note that he still retains his gear he had from his storyline from another RP and such.

Name: His name is Charles.
Species: Charmander / Lizard Pokémon
Age (Human Years): Due to not even knowing his birthday and suffering from memory loss, his age is unknown to even himself, but he appears to be around one to six years for his outlook.
Physical Description: Charles might seem like an ordinary Charmander at a first and far glance, but inspect closer and one will see that his body size and weight is quite small compared to the average of his kind. His right leg also has a scar that goes across the knee and up towards the thighs. His left and right hands both have faint bruise marks that are primarily seen on the wrists and palms.
Personality: In spite of Charles's bad anger management, he is relatively docile until provoked. Once he is annoyed to the point of exaperation, he will typically persue the person and/or Pokémon responsible for stiring up his rage until he is put down or if no signs of the target's consciousness remain. Even though he might seem like a violent Pokémon to be around with, he can occassionally show his soft side, so long as he isn't too irritated with his day first.
Other: He normally carries around his lead pipe that he often uses for battle and scaling walls, though he will have to find it in the RP since it will likely be scattered somewhere after washing up ashore. The pipe is primarily a shade of rusted green all over while having some faint red stains that are mostly on each end, one being the blunt part and the other being as sharp as a stake.

So here's what I think has happened so far:
  • Everyone was either enjoying their life and/or vacation before the disaster and/or eventually ended up washing ashore upon the unknown island.
  • Some conversation went on between the other Pokémon.
  • The character of mine had woken up later due to having a likely rate of slower recovery. (Since well, Water > Fire.)
  • Everyone else seems to be getting comfortable with each other and the land while my character is taking a brief break first.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
So here's what I think has happened so far:
  • Everyone was either enjoying their life and/or vacation before the disaster and/or eventually ended up washing ashore upon the unknown island.
  • Some conversation went on between the other Pokémon.
  • The character of mine had woken up later due to having a likely rate of slower recovery. (Since well, Water > Fire.)
  • Everyone else seems to be getting comfortable with each other and the land while my character is taking a brief break first.

You are correct.

Bubbles looked around to make sure there weren't any Pokemon in need, because he could sense that there were. He wanted to make sure that there weren't any severely injured Pokemon around, because once he entered the dense jungle ahead of him, it would be hard to go back. "I'll catch up later." He said to the other Pokemon scouting for food as he scanned the shoreline. He couldn't see too far into the distance, his eyes wouldn't allow for that, but he could see a small Pokemon lying on the shores. Upon a closer look, Bubbles noticed that the Pokemon must've been a Charizard, and it was sitting up instead of lying down. Bubbles walked over to the Pokemon. The pokemon was actually twice the height of Bubbles. Bubbles didn't care much.

"Hey there," He croaked. "Are you okay?" Bubbles walked up next to the Pokemon.

You do realize that my character is a Charmander right? (He ain't evolved and it ain't likely happening here because of what happened to his body and such.)

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Oops, sorry. I always mistake Charmander for Charizard. I am sorry, and I fixed it. Even when I google charmander, I accidentally type in Charizard. But even Charmanders are taller than Froakies...

Yeah but... a Charizard is a little more than five times taller than a Froakie to put into perspective. (And besides, Charmander doesn't have wings so yeah...)

Just a quick question in case if he gets into a fight... how much violence is allowed in the RP of your's? (Asking since it ain't in the rules of the thread and everyone's different when it comes to this topic.)

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Some violence is allowed. Just don't go into extreme detail. Bleeding and/or bruising is fine, as well as fainting, but don't really go past that. Death isn't allowed though. I'm not really sure though, and that's why I didn't put it down.

Charmander is about 2'0" on average, and Froakie's is half that, at about 1'0". So....

I forgot to add, is it okay if my character was already on the island before the other Pokemon from a different tsunami a couple years ago? Also, am I accepted?

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Yes you are accepted. It is okay to be on the island already. Maybe the tsunami happened on another island, because it would take awhile to rebuild all the infrastructure of the city on the main island.

GackGack27

Previously JC499
Name: Jack
Species: Meowth (Kanto)
Age (In Human Years.): 14
Physical Description: Normal
Personality: Silly, but if needed needed will be serious or vicious depending on the scenario
Other: Hates the Pichu, HootHoot, and Rowlet evolution lines

*bursts through door* "Did you say... POKEMON RP?!?!"

name: Beep
species: Swadloon
age (in human years.): probably like 15 or something
physical description: Reg swadloon, little on the plump side. He knows Camouflage, so feel free to say whatever color you want.
personality: Beep, unlike most swadloon, is actually a kind soul. He might seem cold, but that's because he makes himself way too casual in case someone starts to care about him, as Beep is actually really troubled about everything. He's the one who'll say 'oof' when he's hurt, but he claims he's doing ironically.
other: Just, really doesn't like tea. Don't bother him about it. Please.

Last edited:

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Hey there Beep. I like your character, but the sake of our RP, don't be Ethereal, because... you know why. You could've just put Male without the Ethereal. Change that and your good.

Name: Cloud
Species: Altaria
Age (In Human Years.): 15
Physical Description: A normal Altaria but she has some white clouds/feathers around her neck.
Personality: Calm, Optimistic, Ambiverted, Always tries to look at the bright side even when it seems like there is none, easy to manipulate.
Other: When she gets mad (Almost never) her rage would remind you of a angered Dragonite.

Name: Frost
Species: Glaceon
Age (In Human Years.): Never ask a women her age. (JK, she's 14)
Physical Description: A Glaceon with a nevermelt ice charm necklace.
Personality: Nice and kind. She likes to out think her opponents, but like most girls, she has a cold side entirely different.
Other: Scared of heights.

Name: Cece
Species: Emolga
Age (In Human Years.): 13
Physical Description: A normal Emolga that wears a bracelet with a lightning bolt charm on it around her neck.
Personality: Cece is kind and sweet. She prefers thinking things through and having a plan to rushing in blindly.
Other: Loved her trainer dearly.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
OOOoooh, I like Emolga as well. You are accepted!

__IMPORTANT NOTICE__
If you are still active, make your character fall asleep so we can skip to the daytime, and progress the story forward. If you are reading this after the time skip, just make your character fall asleep and wake up in the same post.

Thanks,
Froakie.

My character's passed out so basically he's almost the equivalent of being asleep minus the fact that he can easily wake up. (Though I will have him slowly snap out of it now or in a bit.)

I would also like to ask if I could perhaps have a Pokémon character that's native to the island. (More on this will be revealed sooner or a little later since I'm needing to do something urgent on short notice.)

donald.duck

Previously funguy
Name: Circus
Species: Wobbufet
Age (In Human Years.): 3
Physical Description: He's a big and large Wobbufet.
Personality: humorous and protective of others.
Other: his blue.

Last edited:

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Can you fill in an age, we kind of need it. Other than that, you'll be good to go, just make sure you use proper grammar and punctuation. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.