• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Wait Until Kingdom Come

Her back paw slipped on the edge of the roof as she jumped back, and a mangled scream escaped her mouth as she fell back. The package wrapped in cloth flew out of her mouth and further up the roof, and the Litten scrambled after Crescent, managing to catch her by gripping her paws with his claws and pinning them to the edge of the roof. "Ah-I- um... sorry!" he whisper yelled, hauling the larger than average Eevee back up and onto the roof with him.

Crescent tried to not touch her already bandaged paws, little marks of crimson leaking through the white silver fur and darkening the fur slightly. "Ya... um... sorry-rry... uh, who are you and why are you here?" The Litten tried again, although he still had a snappish edge in his voice that sounded forced. "You will call me Crescent." the girl snapped back, not noticing how her answer was more of a command. The Litten was silenced, and the air between them was tense and, for lack of a better word, awkward.

His large amber eyes flicked over to the simple cloth bound gift, which had come loose to reveal the simple spiced poke-puff. "Uh... did you just climb onto the roof... to give me a gift?" Crescent nodded limping gingerly across the roof to pick the treat up and hand it to him. "I... followed your father to the edge of the forest and got in trouble... wasn't supposed to leave but I knew I could give you a gift so I decided I would... because I thought you would need one." She muttered, but through his shock the Litten accepted the Pokepuff, biting into it.

He tried to mask his enjoyment, although his eyes were failing... a lot. He looked up with crumbs on his face, eyes wide and glistening, "Thank you." he choked out. "Uh... yor welcome?" Crescent replied, she was told that was what you said when you were thanked... although sometimes she forgot. "Hey, uh... I've seen you sometimes. I don't know your name." She tried next, and waited as the Litten swallowed. "M' called Sol." he said through a semi full mouth. Swallowing down the rest, he handed the other half of the Pokepuff to the Eevee. "You should have some too, I shouldn't eat all of it... mother doesn't like it when I eat too many sweets."

Crescent nodded mutely, but ate most of the rest, since Sol was handed small chunks time to time by Crescent, awkwardly. Some time went by as they sat in silence, until Sol perked up with a little fear. "H-hey you're an Eevee, you're not supposed to be awake after dark!" He pointed to the horizon, the last sliver of the sun disappearing.

"Good. Now, I think we need to find a way to contact each other. I actually brought something exactly for this." Hyrain walked over to the Metagross, who handed her a small, nose-like shape. "It's called a Mini-nose, and the Probopass back at home has the other two. Just throw it up into the air, and we'll get there as quickly as possible. Oh, and keep the rest of the food. You could use it much better than me." The steel Queen then began to walk out of the clearing, waving, with the Metagross and Aegislash behind her.

After she got back to the village, she saw something quite strange on one of the roofs. An eevee, who she noted shouldn't be out this late, and a Litten. I wonder if it has any relation to that Incineroar I saw earlier. Huh. One of the few ways she could get enjoyment as queen was speaking to random Pokémon on the street, as 99% of then would know exactly who she was, so she called up to the Eevee, "Hey! I'm pretty sure you're not meant to be outside this late."

Upon hearing an adult voice, Sol froze and Crescent yelped, the full realization of her actions sinking in. She scrambled without direction, hide further up the roof and out of sight? Run away and try to climb back into her room? Well, at the moment, her scrambling only succeeded in her slipping off the edge of the roof again. Sol leapt at her again, but he barely missed her paws. Thinking quickly he sank his claws into the thatch and caught the edge of the ribbon around her neck.

Her fall slowed, but the rest of gravity pulled her all the way to the ground with a thud as the bow untied, and following soon after was the clatter of her soothe bell hitting the ground. Sol stared down at the ground where she lay, wide eyed and not know what to feel. The only reassurance that she was mostly alright would be her soft groan from the cobbled road where she lay sprawled across her stomach.

Hyrain's eyes suddenly widened, and she ran over to the Eevee, a shiny from the looks of her, and asked frantically, "Are you all right? Here, you dropped this," She said, handing her the Soothe bell

"A mini nose, that's a little bit funny." Majora said to herself. "Rising!" She called, and the metal clashing stopped, accompanied by a Bisharp appearing after. "Set up a guard system for the food. We've got a new plan." The Incineroar from Featherdown turned his sad face to her. "Sorry, two new plans." He smiled and continued plotting with Liepard and Zoroark, who had their children at their sides.

As Crescent opened her eyes the last thought on her mind was the sudden absence of ribbon and bell around her neck. Without the soothing affects of her golden soothe bell, the two unfamiliar faces around her put her on edge as old memories could resurface tenfold. Granted, given her past encounter for the past few minutes with Sol negated the worse of whatever it was she could do, seeing an adult... no, the Queen of the Steel Kingdom herself, well, her overly paranoid mind could only piece together the worst.

I didn't do anything! she screamed in her mind, I've done nothing to deserve this! Deserve what? What was happening to her, what would the Queen do to her. Was the Queen going to do anything to her? Her mind failed to ask these questions, merely assuming the Queen was already dishing out some sort of punishment for her being late for curfew. Yes, she was being punished, but she wouldn't let the Queen have the dignity of knowing that Crescent would bow under the pressure!

Indeed, without the soothe bell, her unstable mental health gave into the pressures of her imagination and blended them with her thoughts of reality, blurring the lines between the two. She saw her bell and snatched it without another word, except with a crazed panic in her eyes. "Thanks for giving me my ribbon." She sharply retorted, not even remotely thankful and merely stating the phrase, noticing Sol had leapt down to look at her worriedly. He didn't even give her the ribbon, but instead made a choked sound as the ribbon was yanked out of his teeth.

And then Crescent was gone, dashing away across the road towards the great roosting tree. Using the ladder for the flightless, she scurried up to her home's level, jumping across window boxes and destroying their flowers without a care until she reached her room. Then she tumbled into her room, and hid in her panic box, stuffed into a dark corner under her bed, pulling the pillows and blankets around and over her until she was a shadowy lump under the bed that showed no signs of her having reason to hide there, blending in with the shapes of all other knick knacks stored under the bed.

Huh. Well... Hyrain, you really need to learn not to do that kind of stuff when they're on the roof. Hyrain shook her head, knowing that she would never catch up with the little Eevee, and headed back to the edge of town, where the Aegislash took her back home.

Shortly after arriving, a Aggron ran to her, and deposited a piece of paper on her desk. She picked it up and read it, her eyes widening. "New berry discovered that can reduce damage from fire types?" Hyrain muttered. "Shipment imported into... The water kingdom. Just typical. Well, I suppose I don't really have a choice, with the impending danger from fire-types, so I'd better send good old Locke a message." After about ten minutes, Hyrain had finished the letter, with the ink gleaming silver, and given it to a Skarmory, who in turn would deliver it to the Water Palace

Aqua sighed as she swam through the halls of the castle towards Locke's room, a little annoyed that she had to wake up her king who was already late for a meeting with his adviser. "My king, you must wake up." She said as she opened the door. The morning had hit Locke like a bag of bricks, his headache amplifying Aqua's voice to a shout. "Uhhg...Not so loud." "I'm sorry my king but your late for a meeting, and I told you that frequenting that pub is a bad idea. I shall have someone fetch you some persim berries but for now we must strategize about our situation with the steel kingdom.
Locke slowly left his bed and followed Aqua to large room in the heart of the building, with a Jellicent, Slowking, and Milotic around a table.
"Now that our king has arrived lets start, our position near the river allowed our to be the first to purchase a shipment of berries that help on resist fire, and the steel types wish to open trade with us again." said Slowking.
"They're still negotiation for a supply of metal coats, I say we hold out on them until they resolve that trade." said Milotic.
Locke faded in and out of the conversation, only say his thoughts on the matter when necessary. He had told Aqua a long time ago what his goals were as king, and she was a big help translating his views to the other advisers. "So we shall write them of our willingness to trade the berries, but include that we would also like to finish the metal coat arrange. We'll set it for tonight to give them minimal time to prepare. Is that acceptable my king?" Aqua said, summarizing the meeting for Locke, who was chewing on a berry. "That should work." Locke responded as his headache started to die down. "Alright I'll send the letter to the steel kingdom at once," Aqua said, "Meeting adjured."

A Skarmory flew back into the throne room, pecking at the queen until she woke up. "Yes?" Hyrain yawned. Without saying anything, the steel bird dropped a letter at her feet, then flew back out. As she read through it, her second head shot straight up in shock. "Until tonight? Well... SCIZOR? Please get the cargo ready as quickly as you can, and send it. Thank you."

The following morning found Sol glancing nervously at the interior door to Crescent's home. True, he could have gone for the exterior door, using the same ladder she did, but to be completely honest he did not like the idea of heights. At least indoors, the stairs spiraled, and there were more platforms. His father would never let him hear the end of it if he let it be known he was scared of heights, or scared of asking to see if Crescent was allowed to play that day. His father was always supportive and caring but... Litten were only emotionless because of the stoic resolve of Torracat.

He steeled his nerves with a sigh and rapped his paw on the thick door, wondering if they would actually hear him. He almost wanted to smack himself when Sammy opened the door, her father had those huge ears, he'd hear him no matter how quite he tried to be. "Hmm? What's the matter, my boy?" He asked, his voice hushed yet still boomed. Sol resisted the urge to flatten his ears and instead spoke in a clear and calm voice. "I've seen the Eevee I know who lives with you through the window of the blacksmith. I was wondering if she'd be ok with playing today?"

Fletcher appeared just then, and Sol could barely see the shiny hiding behind the other shiny, her bell tied back around her neck. As shy as she seemed, her face was one of recognition, and apparently she heard what he said, and her eyes were thankful as they both knew the details of what had actually happened. "Are you saying you want to be Crescent's friend?" the female Fletchinder asked. Sol nodded, and the two parents beamed. It was a brief shuffle later, but now Sol and Crescent were alone on the platform with the door slammed shut.