• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Wait Until Kingdom Come

In what way, fairies do have the upper hand against Dragons, but they are weak of Fire, Steel and Poison. Are their stats any better than any pokemon? Are their move pools significantly better than any other types'?

Hey, the fairy type has always struck me as one of the strongest. Anyway, you could always ask Sparks. She'll tell you how they work in this RP

Hahaha, I like all this discussion.
I do like the idea of Fairies eventually helping out the dark types, I really do. Also I see fairies as strong (Sylveon is a freaking tank with special attack, second to Umbreon who is a tank but with attack) This ultimately boils down to whether the dark typed get the justice they want or not, but I see opportunity here.

The main antagonists of this thing being Psychic and Fighting. Psychic going against stereotype and being sly and deceitful and fighting types with a sense of honor unfortunately backing them up the most.

Also, let's bring Mega's into play here, yay or nay for including them? I'd imagine we'd only have like two existing, so one I imagine could be the mega Alakasam king of the Psychic, and I do have some ideas for these Mega characters and the Psychic royalty, but I want to hear from everybody else if they would like/absolutely hate to see Mega's in the roleplay.

? Charms rules specify stuff about Megas? Gimme a sec

Aaand I'm back. And apparently I completely missed that bit of the rules. I need to go and confirm this with a moderator. And she is queen, but she'd only use it if she REALLY needed to. E.g. trying to defend her kingdom

Well that's... awkward

Anyways yea, That sounds cool, if there were megas I would say a Mega Alakazam for Psychic Kingdom or something like that, but since Mega Stones are ultra-rare, only the richest and most powerful would have them. Perhaps the dark types could even worships a mega stone for some dark type in their forest

Absolite ♥

Anyway, I just sent a request, so I'll just have to wait. I think that since Hyrain is both a fairy type and a queen, she'd be able to secure a Mega-stone pretty easily, but it would be better if the previous ruler, who was a Mawile, passed it onto her

The previous monarch had already stepped down. Plus, she wasn't the selfish type, and wouldn't have given the throne to Hyrain if she didn't completely trust her

That's why I said two characters or something would have Mega's, and why I said yay or nay because of that rule since we'd have to get it approved to the yay option. But here's the thing I was thinking for them at least:

You'd have to be level 100 to Mega Evolve which equals you are either mega old or fought a mega ton of battles, or a mix of both. And I'd think the Mega's would be pretty permanent but with Alakazam they can't move (Pokedex entry) because of them loosing all of their muscle strength.

But yes, before we can even integrate them more into this role play we need approval, but that's why I asked if we wanted to include them in the first place or not. We probably aren't going to go through the hassle of trying to rework the mechanics of Z-crystals, other than maybe legendaries being the only one's capable of using them but we won't even be using legendaries so there we go xD

I'm working on that. And I suppose mid-battle she might be able to gain enough experience to do an Ex-machina mega evolution

Well, good to know. So now that we avoided having that problem occur in the actual role play, we can continue our brainstorm. The king will just be mega old then instead of mega evolved xD

As far as I have brainstormed, in the Psychic kingdom the king is an Alakazam, who despite being actually a very kind and generous king, and isn't actually bothered by the new advantages the other types have against them now, is harboring furious hatred to Dark types for some sort of scuffle that killed the queen and his son. (Probably will elaborate that event more later, maybe a battle with the Steel and Poison Types.) He is so freaking old, however, that not only is it tiring for him to feel hate, he is nearly too tired to rule. While he doesn't pull the strings per say, he can't just suddenly die. He has like a key or something to the Dark type forest, something that makes it impossible to find them (So he has a good reason to be kinda important), but he won't even pass it down to family, he'd have like a tournament then, but he has never agreed to having one. Here is my second half, his adopted daughter pulls the strings in the kingdom now, and most of the sly vile whatever going on is because of her, she wants this key thing, but she can't murder her father/take it because she wasn't/hasn't been in the tournament. Maybe, unknown to everyone except her (Hiding this from the kind himself) is that the king only banished the dark types responsible for causing the type advantage shift, but the daughter is actively persecuting the Dark Types because of the actual threat they pose.

Just an idea, I would like some opinions to flesh it out, however.

Maybe the daughter wants to take over the world! The alliance with the fighting types makes sense since the fighting types could beat the Dark Types and Steel Types, and be Immune to the Ghost Types (no common Bug type could beat an Alakazam anyways), effectively taking out anything that could stop the psychics. Plus Psychic Types could then use their advantage to take out the Fighting Types and rule on their own

I could see a scenario where the Psychic/Fighting Allience would go to war invade the Steel and Ghost types, forcing them to make a Steel/Ghost Allience. The rest of the kingdoms would have to pick sides quickly or be stuck in the middle

In fact a major plot point, especially if the Dragons join the Steel/Ghost side, is the Psychics trying to win over the fairies

The entire RP it could be made to seem like the Steel/Ghosts have made an unholy allience with the Dark Types, and are the villains, when in fact the Psychic Types began the war and are the true villains.

Yeah, that might be good. But winning over the fairies would probably work better for the steels, since their queen is part-fairy, and fairies are known to be trustworthy. I think

There could even be "Dark Type Burnings" similar to the real life Witch Burnings, where any dark types found outside of the forest

Maybe but the Psychic Types would be trying their darn hardest to paint themselves as the good guys, and the Fairies are the good guys, right?

No, just no. I can't stand and watch an innocent Zorua burn. It's against my writing capabilities, and I'll probably end up Nuking the fourth wall. So, maybe, but not with Zorua. Do Cacturne or something.

Dammit, you read my mind

I imagine my characters all walking into some village to see a "Dark Burning", a massive spire of flame and a group of Dark Types burning, crying about how they just wanted normal lives or some other really dark stuff, making my characters rethink their views on Dark Types

Thing is, Hyrain likes dark types. She has nothing against them. So if she discovered there was a dark burning, she'd go in all guns blazing. The only reason she can't outright allow them in the kingdom is that the people would hate her if she did, and probably get kicked off the throne. Also gtg

The dark burnings would fit with the medieval theme. Also maybe your steel types don't dislike the Dark Types too much, since Dark Types gave them their anti-Psychic powers.

No, they still don't like dark types. There are perhaps a select few who like them, but the RP is meat to have nearly all Pokémon disliking dark types

(this looks really fun)
Name: Locke Jaw
Species: Feraligator
Appearance: Locke's body is riddles with scars from the many battles he's fought, combined with bulky frame and towering over others of his species at 8'2, he is a very intimidating sight. His scales have a bit of a greenish hue to them and (like all feraligators...and tyranitars) his eyes are a piercing red.
Accessories: Locke dawn a small, lime green crown made from expertly crafted coral that has been passed down the water kings.
Family: Mother: Azul (feraligator), Father: Treb (tyranitar)
(not sure if this makes me a "dark type" or not
Profession: King of the Water Kingdom
Currently Living: Water Kingdom capital somewhere in the ocean.
Smol Bio: Locke was born in a small river side, mixed type village that believed itself to be truly removed from the troubles of the world. Locke had always been a little hot tempered, being quick to start fights with people that had a problem with him. His mother was a member of the guard that protected the village that lost her position when she decided to look after a injured tyranitar, his father, she found on one of her patrols. Locke and his family were avoid by the rest of the village as the rumors of the destruction that they bring. By age twelve Locke had proven he was strong enough to join the village guard, despite some hesitation given his parentage. Locke parent's had told him of the many in justices that pokemon could commit when driven by fear and hatred, and used those stories to drive him to protect the village that might one day accept him and his family. When Locke was fourteen he was scouted back a water kingdom guard and was sent to join. While in service Locke had received a letter informing him that his parents were exiled and driven into the Dark Forest. His drive and anger blurred together as he fought battle after battle, quickly climbing the ranks of the water kingdom's guard. By twenty he had been invited to join King Kingdra's royal guard and served him loyally, becoming one of his most trusted guardsmen. Locke had always stayed focused on the take at hand as he moved thought the ranks, even hunting down a thief who stole the crown even after a replacement was being made. By twenty-seven King Kingdra named Locke his successor should he pass do to his lack of an eire. As Locke turned thirty King Kingdra had fallen ill and pasted and he was crowned the new king.
Personality: Locke is fairly laid back as a ruler, not truly knowing how to use the influence the being king entitles. Even though he as grown lacks in his time as king and not letting his quick temper and anger way his decision making, its still unwise to poke a ursaring with a stick. Once Locke's temper flares he's almost impossible to deal with, ready to move the conversation towards violence rather than a conclusion. Locke can be dense and stubborn, making it a difficult time to change his mind. He has been known to pass of his duties to his advisers and take a more hands on approach on matters regarding his kingdom.
Moveset: Rage, Crunch, Aqua Tail, Superpower, Scary Face
Aaaaaand Roleplay Sample:
(Part of a post from https://pokecharms.com/threads/on-the-oceans-wings-alola-challenge.15428/ )
It was a long, but peaceful three days to sail from Pestoria City to the Melemele Sea, the salty sea air helped Max and his pokemon remoteness about the "fishing trips" he took with father when he would sleep on the ship to avoid school. Max, Locke and Sally looked out at the large city of Hau'oli with a straight confidence. This not being his first time in the Alola region, he place his hand on the third pokeball he had brought with him. Thorn was still the newest member of the team, but Max still felt compelled to bring his toxapex back to his home region. "You sure you wanna do this wearing that get up?" Mr. Dragoon as his son who was wearing the same business casual attire he always wore. "Your the one who always told me to dress up for work, now tells go Locke. Time to train." Max said as he returned Sally back to her pokeball and grabbed his dark blue water-proof bag, witch he slung across his shoulder before he walked off the ship into the warm, clear ocean. "You keep him safe ya' hear!" Mr. Dragoon grinned at Locke who nodded back as he jumped into the salty water after his trainer.

Well, if you're not a Dark type naturally, you're not a dark type. Doesn't matter what the parents are. In the games, if you breed a Ditto and a Voltorb, you don't get an electric-normal type.

On the other hand, since some Pokémon don't know if others are Dark Types, it could mean that in the continuity of this RP, certain Pokemon who are not normally Dark Types, are. And even if that wasn't the case, there would still be quite a scandal if the king of the Water Kingdom turned out to have been fathered by a Dark Type.

Yeah. True. But she did specify that Pokémon don't assume that others are dark types just because of whatever. It's only if they really are dark types that they get discriminated

Sure, but one thing

Politics

Seriously, if this was the real world, any opposing groups who do not like him as a king would almost definitely begin spreading rumours that he was a dark type, it would almost certainly do some damage to his reputation at the very least

Bro, I agreed with you. If they found out, there'd be some serious hate towards him. Maybe we could get the fire types, or the ground types, to discover and expose it.

Or that. I mean, I think a Milotic would work well. Sexy, good with the crowd, sly. Or maybe I'm just biased because I love Milotic

No, I'm talking about Pokémon stereotypes. Yeah, I know, it came out wrong, but her pokedex entry literally says, 'Milotic is said to be the most beautiful of all the Pokémon. It has the power to becalm such emotions as anger and hostility to quell bitter feuding'. So yeah, sorry about sounding like more of a dork than I normally am :D (I literally spent three minutes considering whether to send it or not then decided on doing it -_-)

Name: Majora
Species: Mightyena
Appearance: Gaunt from a lack of food. Has many bite or scratch marks from desperate raids or severe training. Still can be a frightening sight despite the common reaction of pity.
Accessories: Keeps an Amulet Coin around her neck, given to her as a present from someone she doesn't know.
Family: Her late mother was a Poochyena, and her father is a Meowth.
Profession: The head of the Dark type's army.
Currently Living: In a box in the Dark Forest.
Small Bio: Majora came from the forest where she lives now. When she was seven, her mother, who was in the army at the time, was caught on a raid for supplies. She never came back home. Majora's father was distraught from his grief and felt it necessary to separate himself from the child, since she reminded him of his wife too much to stay with. To cope with losing both her parents, she started serving as a common soldier. A meeting with a band of fairy types inspired her to try harder at battles, which got her an evolved form and eventual lead in military.
Personality: Willing to sacrifice her possessions for others of the same type, assertive to those she considers in a lower position, respectful of fairy types and the king, is unusually shrewd for her age.
Moveset: Crunch, Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Roar
Roleplay Sample: Three figures searched in the dark of a basement. A dull glow emitted from a Mightyena's jaws. Fire Fang was extremely helpful in scenarios like this, since the light would reflect off of anything shiny. Shiny usually meant expensive, and this time was no exception. The gleam of well polished currency was seen in a sack in the corner. The accomplices huddled around the pouch with silent joy. The firelight had faded from the room, but a glimmer still shone in their eyes as Majora examined the contents further.

Somehow I think i stopped watching my own thread....

BUT I love how dark this thing is getting *evil laughter in the background*

Dark burnings, I love the idea because of the character shifts it can drive, also tension, I loves it. (Never burn my precious Zoarark, I will burn you if you burn my baby.)

But either way....
@maxoutdragon I read your form, and I approve, and no your character would not be considered dark type, but if someone per say, found out about his heritage that would pose some problems if they started blabbering about it. Accepted.

@Majora Accepted. Just keep in mind to be careful when wandering towns and kingdoms with your character, because frankly you are breaking the rules, my friend ;)

We have enough people to officially start the role play I believe, but I feel we might have some things we all want to flesh out still, if I'm wrong... well I'll actually create the thread for the role play lol xD
(And as I read from something earlier here, unless you are fairy or part fairy, your character must harbor anger/hatred/fear of any and all dark types, but it doesn't have to be severe. They can change opinion later because of some event/chance meeting)

I now envision a scene where a group of Psychic/Fighting Types corner a mother Zoarark hugging its child, a little Zorua, trying to protect it. :)
Suddenly: Flamethrower

XD but nah, my own precious Zoarark is a male, level 100, and doesn't know flamethrower. Somehow I managed to turn him into an absolute Speedy, special attacking tank... Keep in mind I trained him around 5 years ago with no idea how typing or EV's worked...
He swept my friends EV trained, level 100 competitive team... one hit KO every time. Like, how???