• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Wailord selfdestruct?

Hey guy,

I am thinking of getting a wailord for my new team and I want to teach it the move selfdestruct. Smogon has a few movesets with this move on this pokemon, but when I looked at what moves wailord can learn it doesnt say selfdestruct.

I am really confused so can you please help me figure out how to get selfdestruct for this pokemon. Thanks for help.

Wailord can learn Selfdestruct in XD: Gale of Darkness by move tutor. That's the only way to get a Wailord with Selfdestruct. When checking movesets, don't forget to check previous generations.

Dammit. I dont have that game. Can someone get a wailmer or wailord with it for me. And can if I breed it will the baby know selfdestruct? Cause I want to breed a certain nature.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Special Moves from Colosseum/XD: Gale of Darkness don't carry over via breeding as they are not in the PokeMon's 'normal' movepool.