• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Voxistale (Undertale RP)

Papyrus took a step back, his sockets widening. "H-HURT? WHY WOULD SOMEONE WANT TO HURT SANS? HE'S NEVER DONE ANYTHING WRONG! I MEAN, EXCEPT FOR NOT PICKING UP HIS SOCKS, BUT THAT'S BESIDE THE POINT!"

"I need to see if my Spiders are okay. I suggest you stay here, Asriel." Muffet huffed to the goat kid as she took off, five eyes narrowed. If anyone or anything even dared to touch one of her spiders, they had no hope of surviving.

But as James asked this, the large man quickly stood, his binds falling to the floor as his massive fist swung a punch at James. He'd figured a way out of his binds. "Get lost, kid! You're getting yourself mixed in affairs too dangerous for you to deal with!"

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Undyne narrowed her eye at all that was around her, and turned to Alphys. "I need to go. The Police will be here soon, and I need to be with them." She said, before turning and jogging away, as Undyne was a Police Officer, she figured she'd need to be ready for when the police arrived here. She took her job very seriously.
Alphys only nodded as she looked at Frisk. "C-can I talk to you? Privately?" She asked, glancing at Jake, Gaster and Papyrus.

"I wonder what she was doing here..." Asgore commented as Muffet ran past them, paying the King and Queen little to no attention. "Asriel! What are you doing out so late?" Toriel called as they caught sight of Asriel outside of their house. Toriel quickly approached her son, Asgore falling into step behind her. "Come now, Toriel. He's growing up. A little time outside after dark won't kill him. Back when I was-" Asgore began, but Toriel silenced him with a look as she stared at Asriel. "You look shaken. Are you alright, my child?"

James blocked the punch with his hand, then summoned a massive boxing glove to knock the man out.

"I-I... I think Sans is hurt, I'm not sure what's going on, the monster murder may be related..." Asriel said. "I-I just... I'm not alright. Because I don't think the people around me are. Even you, mom."

"No idea. Some jackass trying to kill off monsters, I'll bet." Gaster said. "Let's go." His purple eye-flame flashed, and the two of them were teleported back to the hospital - specifically the room where Sans was.

Jake just sat there Waaaaaaaaay too shocked to say anything or DO anything. It was as if he had been punched 36184 googl (hope I wrote that right) times in the stomach.

Frisk looked surprised, once she heard the news. She looked at Alphys, slightly interested in what she was about to say. "What do you want to talk about?" Frisk asked, her head tilting a slight bit, meaning she was listening in curiosity. Frisk went away from the group with Alphys, in order to talk better in private.

"SANS!" Papyrus yelled, jolting forward, easily weaving through a throng of doctors and coming to the side of the bed where Sans lay, still out of it. A bandage now covered the hole in skull.
"Sir, we... need you to... get back..." A doctor said, but Papyrus ignored him. "WHY WOULD SOMEBODY DO THIS TO YOU, BROTHER?" Papyrus muttered.

The glove struck, but the man seemed almost unaffected by it. "You little, punk! I'm trying to save you! Get outta this mess before it kills you too!" He growled as he grabbed the chair and swung it as though it were merely a toy.

The chair shattered against the green field James created for himself. "I can handle it." James said with a smile. "Now sit your a** back down before Gaster gets back, or I won't be the only one missing an arm here."

"He's with me." Gaster replied. "Papyrus, he's too weak right now. Give him the food you have."

"O-O-OF COURSE." Papyrus replied quietly as he reached into his tux and pulled out some ketchup, before reaching over, and grabbing Sans, cradling him. Papyrus then proceeded to open the ketchup and let it slowly drain into Sans' mouth.
"GASTER... ARE WE GOING TO FIND WHO DID THIS?" Papyrus asked quietly.

The man thrust his arm forward again as a punch, and this time, it glowed a heavy orange as his fist was engulfed in the color, revealing the man's SOUL property. Bravery (His act earlier wasn't bravery, it was an act. Just thought I should clarify that). His fist shattered the green shield, but drastically slowed the punch down, allowing James the time to dodge the attack.

The fist was enveloped in a green wave, same shape as the fist, canceling out the magic. James raised his hand, and the field (with the fist inside) lifted up. "My trait is Endurance. I can take a hit and dish right back." James said.

"If we can." Gaster said solemnly.

comic

Toriel blinked, a little taken aback by what Asriel said, and Asgore moved in.
"Son." He said, getting onto a knee to get eye-level with Asriel. "You have nothing to fear. This ordeal will be sorted in time, but until then, you are safe. With us. Your mother and I would protect you with our very lives. We love Asriel."
Toriel gave a nod. "You've just had a long day. Please, come inside. Get some sleep. Is Chara and Frisk home?"

"U-um... Frisk... your determination... it's um... how do I put this... w-why don't you pull up your menu? Like you used to do... b-back in the Underground." Alphys said (Sorry for the auto, but for consistencies sake). Frisk did as instructed, the menu appearing.

FRISK
LV 1
THE SURFACE

It seemed normal, until the screen flickered, and Alphys quickly nodded her head. "E-exactly as I thought. Sans was right..." She muttered.

Papyrus pulled back the ketchup and sealed it, tucking it away as he cradled Sans. "GASTER? CAN I... CAN I STAY HERE FOR THE NIGHT? I THINK MY BROTHER NEEDS ME..."

A sudden blast of yellow shot into the lab, barely missing James as it singed his clothes, and three men entered the room. One of the soul of Justice, one of the soul of Perseverance, and the third with a brown soul. "Let go of Markus, kid, and we might make this experience a little easier for you." The man with the yellow soul stated.
(If James chooses to fight, I warn now that he will need to loose. I need to show off the current main villains as more of a threat than just a bunch of canon fodder like Team Rocket Grunts or something)

(James isn't a Yamcha, though. I'll have him flee, but only after what's necessary.)
"Shit!" James said. Snapping his fingers, a wall was created between him and the grunts. Four turrets were created on the other side of the wall, shooting at the intruders. James decided to tear off the bit of clothing that had been singed, leaving his mechanical left arm bare for all to see.

"Feel free to." Gaster replied. "I think I'll stay as well, unless James needs me."

"I don't think they are..." Asriel said. "Chara's back at Gaster's lab, and I think Frisk is nearby somewhere..."

Frisk looked at the menu, unaware of what was happening with the menu. She looked at Alphys, slightly confused. She.. didn't really know what was going on with it. "What's happening, Alphys? What did Sans say? Is it.. bad or good?" The human asked, very nervous. Sans was hurt, and she didn't really enjoy it..

"Larry." The Yellow-Soul man said, crossing his arms as the Brown souled man took a step forward, and waggled his fingers, causing brown to erupt along the turrets as it ripped them apart. Larry took a step back as James' defense was proven useless. "Do we bag him and tag him, boss?" The Purple-soul man asked. "No. Just make him regret interfering in our affairs."

comic

"I-It's hard to explain..." Alphys replied as she moved her glasses up her snout to position them. "Sans said that your time in the Underground was a 'game'. He always emphasized 'game'. But his theory was, that as we progressed outside of the 'game's' boundaries, reality would become more... well... real..." Alphys said quickly, not leaving room for stuttering. "In other words, your power and control over the timelines is disappearing, and soon, you won't be able to save or reset. You'll be stuck with only one life and no retry's."

Toriel quickly stood back up, but Asgore placed a large hand on her shoulder. "It is quite alright, Tori. Allow me to find them. Take Asriel inside and get some sleep. You both need it." He rumbled, his deep voice resonating on the empty street. Toriel let out a reluctant sigh. "Fine. I suppose you're right. Come, Asriel." She said, and made her way inside of the Dreemurr household.

“Something that can overcome Endurance…? The only thing that can do that is Determination…!” James said to himself before regaining his composure. “I ain’t no kid, bastard. The name is James Storm, apprentice to Gaster, son of Officer Storm, and only one in the world with a turquoise SOUL. If you think I’m giving up that easily…”
Suddenly, a large anime-style mech suit appeared around James.
“…you’re sorely mistaken.”

"There are so many more souls out there, kid." Yellow-Soul smirked. "Larry here has the soul of Conscientiousness. It has the efficiency to target the weak points of any soul. Larry, display."
Larry took a step back as his eyes narrowed, and he moved his hands about again, but before James could do anything to react to it, the mech suit seemingly decayed around him, turning into nothing.
"Last chance kid. We don't normally pick on humans, but we might make an exception for you."

The mech suit reformed instantly, turning a sharp green and extremely fluidly. "F*** your other SOULs." James said with a smirk, firing off a powerful energy cannon at the group. "FYI, you can't break this construct the same way. No weak points here."
(James is telling the truth - this one can't be one-shot the same way, there are no more weak points. They're all being strengthened by his power.)

"What? How is that possible? What if I die...? I don't wanna lose everything I have!" Frisk answered. She knew it wasn't the best answer, but she was literally shocked. Her SOUL appeared in front of her, as she held it. She was very scared now, as she was quite timid at times.

"We'll see you outside, Larry." Yellow-Soul replied with a roll of his eyes as he and Purple-Soul turned and left, taking Orange-Soul with them.
Larry let out a sigh as he was alone with James now. Without saying a thing, he straightened his back, and thrusted his arm forward, a blast of brown appeared in the air, slamming into the legs of the mech, shattering it instantly. "I'm sorry... But your Endurance can only withstand so much... don't make this harder than it needs to be..." Larry said in a quiet, gentle-like voice as the same blast that slammed into the legs shattered the ground beneath James, opening up the lower level of the lab, forcing James to take immediate action, or fall.

The leg reformed instantly, booster jets appearing all over the mech. "I've taken hits from Asgore." James said with a smile. "You'd be shocked what I can Endure. Certainly anything you can dish out." Suddenly, an arm snaked over from the back of the mech, grabbing some of Gaster's files and notes and bringing them back inside the mech. "Now, if you don't leave and continue to attack me, I'm afraid I'll have to use self-defense. And you DON'T want that from this thing."

Larry let out a tired sigh as he shoved his hands into his pockets. "Sorry kid. Not my choice to make. Boss's orders." He replied as his soul appeared before him.
The soul of Conscientiousness. The soul of precision and efficiency. It held an advantage in any fight, It's only weakness is Determination's ability to grow more powerful as it is used.
"Look. You seem like a good guy. You got a monster to trust you. It's hard for some people. Even if you start fighting back, I don't want to have to put you down. Just throw in the towel, and I can tell my boss you won't mess with us again." Larry offered, his tired eyes staring at James, almost resembling the blood shot eyes of a basset hound.

"I don't like to lie." James said with a smile. This thing was as strong as Determination... but he had no idea what Endurance is capable of. Not even James or Gaster did. "Anyways, I'm sticking with my friends and family. If you're going after monster-kind... well, you'll have to kill me too, anyways." The mech suit changed its arm into a laser cannon that started to charge up energy.

Larry let out a sigh, yet again. "Your funeral, kid. I was just tryna help." With that, he casually waved his hand as he turned around, and the canon erupted, having been exposed as a weak point, where Larry had simply clogged the blast, forcing it to explode, turning the lab into a hazy mess of ruble and strewn papers.
Larry was already gone by the time James had efficiently recovered.

The blast had made James slightly recoil, but by the time it was reformed and operating again the man was gone. "Damn!" James said, narrowing his brow. The mech dissipated and James floated to the ground, his eyes faintly glowing green. He blinked and the light dissipated. I can use that, but not right now. Whenever they come back. But right now, I'd better call Gaster. James grabbed his phone out of his pocket and called his mentor. "Gaster? You there?"

Gaster was relaxing in the hospital when James called. Taking out his cellphone, he picked up. "Yes, I'm here. What's up?"

Papyrus opened his eyes slightly, looking at Gaster. He'd fallen asleep beside Sans' bed, holding his brother close. The doctor's had long since left them alone.
"WHAT IS IT?" Papyrus asked, trying to be quiet, but a voice like his didn't allow it.

comic

"I-I mean, It's just a theory!" Alphys replied quickly. "There's n-no way we could r-r-really prove it yet, b-but I think you should k-keep an eye on the timeline. Is S-Sans is right, which he n-normally is, then this won't mean a-anything good for you."

"Hey, Alph. You guys should get outta here." Undyne said, walking up as several Police Cars arrived on the scene. "It's an official crime scene. Don't want them to think you guys were associated."
"O-of course!" Alphys replied, before turning to Frisk and Jake. "C-come on."

Frisk could relate to that. She walked along with Undyne and Alphys, hoping for the best. "Say, Undyne.. Were you a witness of the events or did you not know about this until Papyrus told it to you?" Frisk quickly asked, hoping not to bother Undyne.

While, at the same time, she was also thinking of solutions to the SAVE theory, if it was false or true.

comic

"I didn't know about it until Papyrus warned us. Why do you... Wait a second, how do you know Papyrus told us? You weren't there. In fact, you arrived after we did." Undyne narrowed her eye as she turned the tables, flipping it onto Frisk. "I remember what you had Sans tell us. Even if any of that's true, how do I know you didn't do any of this?"
A spear appeared in her hand, glowing a light blue.
"U-Undyne! This is all some b-big misunderstanding! Just put the spear away...!" Alphys shrieked, but Undyne ignored her.
(What she is talking about is Frisk confessing to the other Monsters about her control over the timeline, and every time she's reset. Pacifist, neutral, and Genocide. This happened long before the rp's beginning. Most of what was said was said through Sans. Just a little something Dave told me in PM. Thought I should use it to my advantage.)

"It's James, from back at the lab." Gaster said. "Go ahead."
"The lab was attacked." James said simply. "More of those people coming for their man. They escaped... I couldn't stop them."
"What?! Are you hurt?!" Gaster said shocked, standing up immediately.
"I-I'm fine! And they didn't get any of the lab research." James assured his mentor. "More to the topic, how's Sans?"
"He's... doing better..." Gaster replied, looking at the now-healing Sans.
"Good. That's good. Who's there with you?"
"Just Papyrus." Gaster said.

Frisk took a step back. She didn't expect Undyne to react like this, and she wanted to already run away. "If only I didn't ask that..!" Frisk thought, closing her eyes. She immediately wanted to take a run for it, but didn't.

comic

"U-Undyne, please!" Alphys stepped in, her face set, her voice firm (after the stutter, of course).
Undyne finally looked at her, then turned away. "Fine." With that, Undyne walked back to the scene, and began to assist her fellow officers.
Alphys bit her lip in anticipation, before turning back to Frisk. "Sorry about that... she's been a little on edge since Sans told us about... what you did."

Toriel sat in her chair beside the fire, just as she liked, her spectacles sitting on her face as she read a book. That was when she heard a creak outside of the living room, in the hall beyond. "Asriel, are you still up?" She called, not sternly like usually, but with a more lenient tone.

Frisk took a deep breath, calming down from Undyne getting all mad. "Yes, I can understand that..." Frisk answered, calmly, as if nothing had happened. Frisk eventually pointed at the road towards the Dreemurr household.

"Alphys, I hope you don't mind, but I need to... tell Toriel and the others about this.. She'd probably be really worried about me.." She explained.

comic

"She is." A voice stated behind Frisk. Alphys jumped, lurching slightly forward. "A-Asgore!" She cried. The King turned to her apologetically. "My apologies, Alphys. I didn't intend to frighten you." He turned back to Frisk. "It is time we return home. Toriel and Asriel are already there. Where is Chara?" He asked.

"IS HE ALRIGHT?" Papyrus asked, sitting up a little straighter as he rubbed one of his eyesockets. "ARE THE BAD GUYS ATTACKING?" He hoped not so, for these people seemingly appeared out of nowhere, and had already killed one monster, and sent another to the hospital, not mention destroying a monster owned shop and possibly attacking a monster owned laboratory.

(@Riverrunner are you still involved in this?)

Frisk was surprised to see Asgore so suddenly, as she turned around and looked at Asgore, smiling a bit. "I don't know, I haven't seen her since this morning.. I thought she was heading to the beach.." Frisk replied, quite worried. "Should I text her?" She immediately pulled out her cellphone, and looked through her contacts.

comic

"No, it is quite alright, my child." Asgore replied. "I will find her. You head on home. Toriel is waiting for you there." The King said, before turning to Alphys. "I will need you to come with me, Alphys. We need to discuss something."
"O-of course." Alphys replied.

"...yeah." Asriel said. He was just outside of his bedroom door, a potted flower in his hands.

"He's fine." Gaster said with a sigh. "They attacked the lab to get back the man we were interrogating. They escaped."

"Okay!" Frisk said, smiling. She immediately ran off to the Dreemurr household, quietly knocking at the door, hoping that Toriel would open. "Toriel? Asriel? It's me! Frisk!" She called out from outside.

comic

"Is that one of your fathers flowers?" Toriel asked Asriel, before she heard knocking, and Frisk's voice. Quickly, she got up, striding towards the door. Grabbing the handle, she twisted and pulled it open. "Frisk, dear. Why are you out so late?" She asked sternly, but it was mostly a frontal sternness, as she didn't have the energy to be very stern at the time.