• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Voltron LD RP: Realities

@HydreigonBorn37 @Battle Legend G.K. @Eeveechu151 @kageyama @Excalibur Queen @JacobRaze @TooBlue12 @DopeLeafeon470

P H E W ! ! ! Lots of people!

SPOILER WARNING!!! THIS RP TAKES PLACE AROUND MID S3, SO IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THAT FAR(or possibly further) AND DON'T WANT IT SPOILED, STOP HERE.

Welcome, one and all, to my Voltron RP~! This is something I've been wanting to do for a long time. It's based off of an AU that I was going to make into a fanfiction but decided to use fore roleplay. The main idea/backstory is this: in another reality, the Galra Empire had been expanding for twenty thousand years and was thus a lot more powerful than in the reality that is shown in the, well, show. Blah, blah, Paladins find lions, Castle of Lions, you know the drill. However, remember what I said about the Galra being stronger than in the canon? AU Team Voltron wins next to no battles. They get captured multiple times, and they pretty much give up. As a last-ditch effort to be useful somehow, they intercept a shipment of trans-reality comet and use that to go to a different reality, where they meet the space bois that we've all grown to love.

RULES:

You can swear, just don't go overboard on it.

Don't be a Mary-Sue, please.

You CAN use more than one character.

Alien or half-alien characters are allowed, but no half-Alteans.

All Pokecharms rules apply.

CANON CHARACTERS:

Allura: Available

Coran: Available

Shiro: Taken, @HydreigonBorn37

Keith: Available

Lance: Available

Pidge: Available

Hunk: Available

NON-CANON CHARACTERS:

(Prince/Princess of Altea, head of Voltron, right arm of Voltron, right leg of Voltron, left arm of Voltron, left leg of Voltron, others)

White Paladin(Kenny): Taken, @Cloudswift

Pink Paladin(Ava): Taken, @Cloudswift

Orange Paladin: Available

Teal Paladin(Eruka/Kalley): Taken, @Excalibur Queen

Purple Paladin(Luke): Taken, @Eeveechu151

Ska(@Excalibur Queen)

FORMS:

Name:
Appearance:
Lion Color(If Paladin):
Lion Attribute(If Paladin):
Bayard(If Paladin):

Name: Kenny Stephenson
Race: Human
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Appearance: Kenny is fair-skinned, with blue eyes and long-ish light blond hair which he keeps in a small ponytail. When he's out of his Paladin gear, he wears a white tee-shirt with light turquoise trim, light-colored jeans, and black boots. Although he doesn't have any on his face, Kenny has several scars.
Lion Color: White
Lion Attribute: Leadership
Bayard: Pistol blaster

Name: Ava Forte
Race: Human
Sexual Orientation: Questioning
Appearance: Ava has somewhat tan skin, green-brown eyes, and brown hair that she wears in a pixie cut, though it's longer than usual for that hairstyle. She's also pretty tall. Out of uniform, her outfit consists of a black tee-shirt that says "World's Okayest Sister" under a pink hoodie, black skinny jeans, and pink Converse.
Lion Color: Pink
Lion Attribute: Loyalty
Bayard: Sickle on a chain, except it can snap off and serve as a boomerang.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it's a different Voltron, so I figured that it'd make sense to have different colored lions. And yes, the OCs will have Lions. You could probably have non-Paladin OCs too, they just wouldn't be from the other reality. For consistency, I'll refer to the OC reality as the "other reality".

Name: Eruka Kaza (Birth name), Kalley Miller (Human identity)
Race: Enustikain (Has assumed a human form two years prior to the discovery of the Lions and the Castle of Lions due to having crash landed on Earth) *Enustik is kitsune spelled backwards*
Sexual Orientation(optional): Unknown
Appearance: Natural Appearance: Eruka stands two inches taller than Pidge, with her ears adding a little more height if she’s measured from the bottom of her feet to the top of her ears. She stands on two legs at all times, since her species is bipedal. Her coloration is identical to a red fox’s, and since she is not yet two centuries old, she only has one tail. She has greenish yellow eyes and wears a black tactical vest. A white "Log Watch" is on her right wrist. Human Appearance: As Kalley she has light brown skin, green eyes, and her hair is an orange ombre with frosted (white) tips, which is usually up in a ponytail when not in her Paladin uniform. When not in her Paladin uniform, she wears a yellow polo shirt, green pants, and black and white sneakers. She stands two inches taller than Pidge. The white "Log Watch" remains on her right wrist.
Lion Color(If Paladin): Teal
Lion Attribute(If Paladin): Intelligence
Bayard(If Paladin): Its “basic” form is an angular katar with grappling hook/cable and shock prod. Its other forms include a sword, a scimitar, a cannon with a fox head shaped barrel, and a haladie capable of returning to the thrower.

Name: Ska Kta (Pronounced Ke-ta)
Race: Tigren
Sexual Orientation(optional): Unknown
Appearance: Ska, like all Tigren, resembles a large, bipedal Earth tiger. Her ears are tear shaped, her eyes are violet, and her fur is light orange and white with black stripes. She is the same height as Keith and her build allows her to perform actions such as flips with ease. She wears a black tactical vest, in which she keeps gear and necessities, and has a sheathed sword at both her left and right sides.
Lion Color(If Paladin): None
Lion Attribute(If Paladin): None
Bayard(If Paladin): None

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my Paladin. Do you think he'd be a good fit? I'm thinking Luke could be the strategist of the team, and the Purple Lion could be the left arm. I've also got a potential backstory planned out for him that could explain how he got his Lion, why he betrayed the Empire and why four of the five Paladins came together in the first place.

Name: Luke Herald
Race: Galra
Sexual Orientation(optional): Bisexual, but more hereto than homo.
Appearance: Galrans vary in height, but Luke is on the more human end, standing at a still-impressive 6'5. His skin is dark purple, and his eyes (like the rest of his species) are yellow. His hair is a dark black, and his facial structure is lean. His hair runs down to about the nipple line. He often hides his ears in his hair. He used to wear the traditional Galra armor, but after his defection he wore the Purple Paladin Suit he found in the Purple Lion. When not in his Paladin uniform, he wears a black-and-brown robe with purple accents. He always wears glasses, due to being near-sighted.
Lion Color(If Paladin): Purple
Lion Attribute(If Paladin): Cunning
Bayard(If Paladin): The bayard transforms into an arm cannon that can fire both plasma shots and five electricity disks. The arm cannon kind of resembles a light and dark purple Mega Buster.

@Excalibur Queen Accepted! Is Ska going to be with our Paladins when they're introduced or is she going to be introduced later?

@Eeveechu151 Accepted! Whether or not the Purple Lion is the left arm depends if Excalibur Queen is okay with trading places with you, since her Paladin character is that Lion. I'd like to hear the backstory that you're proposing, since I was initially planning on having a mostly human team and therefore am COMPLETELY having to start from scratch. XD It's like they say: If you want to hear (deity) laugh, tell them your plans.

Welp since the idea of aliens was already proposed I wanted a dark elf-type character and realized "if he was a Galra we could do some really cool stuff"!
Here's what I'm thinking Luke had to deal with.
The Galra Empire expands similarly to how it does in the show, and Luke works as an engineer and technician on one of the big ships. They just so happen to come across a planet covered in eternal night, and following ancient manuscripts, manage to locate the Purple Lion on said planet. When the Lion is taken aboard, Luke's curiosity overtakes him about what the Lion is and why his superiors care about it so much. Voltron isn't common knowledge among his rank. To his astonishment, the Lion begins speaking to him - well not so much speaking as sending mental images that Luke can understand. The Purple Lion gives Luke a visual history of Voltron and what happened to the Purple Lion, and Luke decides he needs to get the Lion away from the Empire. Breaking into the storage room on his ship, he hacks the security cameras and computers to locate the Purple Lion's bayard. The second he touches it, however, a guard walks into the room and discovers him. On instinct, Luke blasts him. The security cameras are restored, and Luke is forced to flee. Deactivating the shield, he flies the Lion through the hull of the Galra ship and escapes via a wormhole located by the Purple Lion. The wormhole is supposed to take them to the Castle of Lions (or its equivalent in this world) but a stray lucky blast from the Galra ship causes the Lion to go off-course, falling to Earth. The Purple Lion informs Luke that another wormhole won't be able to open for a month, so Luke decides to hide himself. Eventually he needs to go get food, however, and has to leave the cave where he left the Purple Lion. This leads to Luke's discovery.
Also, do we actually need to cross over into the main Voltron universe for now? Because I kind of want to see this original team succeed on their own.

I really like Luke's backstory, and I think it could work well(Considering Kalley and Ava's close age, maybe the story could be they were at a summer camp or something and Kenny was a counselor). I'd rather we keep it so they go to the main universe, though. If all the other RPers with other universe OCs want to, though, we could do a separate RP while we do this one that narrates their adventures.

Honestly I'd really like doing that. If you and Excalibur are up for it, then perhaps we could make this a dual sign-up thread for both RPs? And maybe I should make the RP thread itself for the Other World RP, since Luke has to start it off?

I don't want other people to feel pressured at all to join the other RP, since it is in fact a choice, plus I think that would make people a little confused. But I do agree that you should start the other RP.

Aaaaa sorry for not replying, I haven't been able to get on for enough time since you posted the thread in the first place.

@MihajloJedi You can still RP on the thread for the other RP that this is for, and you can take one of the canon characters listed. :)

I'm thinking about making a separate discussion thread for the other RP, just because it makes more sense to me to make another one instead of having one discussion for two threads.

And don't worry, I know what I'm doing. When Ava and Kalley are collecting water/sticks, they'll step on a thinner patch of ground and fall into the cavern where the Purple Lion is and land on the force field. Kenny will see them and tell the rest of the campers to go back to camp and try to get in to help Ava and Kalley, thus initiating a confrontation with Luke.

SORRY! I've been a little busy.

In the prequel RP, there WILL be a Coran substitute character, but he wasn't listed on the character list because when the other Paladins cross over to the canon universe, he/she realizes that the Prince/Princess might get seriously hurt or killed from exerting their half of the energy needed to open the rift and gives more than he/she should so that the Prince/Princess won't need to and thus dies.

...It sounded simpler in my head XD

By the way, I think I'll create an OC for the prequel RP who can join our original heroes in their world. We've got a ton of females, but it's fine if we only add one more, right?

Name: Amerie
Race: Chameran (Ezor's Race)
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual with a preference for males.
Appearance: Amerie's got the same skin color, facial structure and head appendage as Ezor, but she's shorter. Being only 5'2, Amerie's quite small even compared to regular human women. She wears a dark-red-and-brown bodysuit with her electrical whip holstered at her right hip - she's left-handed. Her boots are modified to give her a powerful jump, and she retains the same gliding flaps as Ezor. Amerie feels much more at home fighting in the air than on the ground, and ESPECIALLY more so than in the water. Her dark red armor is mainly concentrated in the legs, arms and chest area, with only relatively soft leather protecting her chest.
Extra: Amerie's a rebel fighter and salvager. She had a brother who drowned on a salvaging mission thanks to the Galra, giving her aquaphobia.