• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Vivillons galore! Favorite pattern, ones you have, etc.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Title says all. Since Vivillon is probably one of my favorite Pokemon (definitely in my top 5 list), I've kind of been obsessing over the different patterns and stuff. ♥ So yeah! Are there any particular patterns you like? Which ones do you have/still need? And even if you're not collecting them, what's the pattern you can find in your game(s)?

Since I don't have the games, I sadly cannot collect these pretty little butterflies, but I do love a lot of the patterns~ (you can find a list of all of them under the spoiler tag below). As for my favorites, Marine and Meadow are probably mine, but I also really like Sun, Savanna, Monsoon, Tundra, Polar, Icy Snow, and Garden. I also like one of the so-called event patterned Vivillon, though that's not technically official/released yet so I won't count it... yet. XD

ruOx6Nw.png

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
My favorite patterns are Marine and Ocean (what do you expect from a Marine Biologist, I love everything about the ocean :p) However I got stuck with the Modern pattern since I live on the East Coast of America. I also received an Elegant pattern via Wonder Trade.

The variety I find in my game is that of the Polar design. It is a pretty blue-and-white design; however, it is not my favorite. Monsoon reminds me of Black and White, and the way the colors are placed is aesthetically pleasing, so it is my favorite out of the bunch! :angel:

Like Psycho, I got the Modern pattern due to living on the east coast of the US. However, my favorite patterns are the Icysnow, Monsoon, Savanna, Sun, and Ocean patterns. They just have such personally pleasing aesthetics. The Icysnow is very monochrome and subdued, while the Monsoon and Savanna have very cool, blue, stripy patterns that appeal to me. The Sun and Ocean have obviously sunrise inspired patterns. The Sun has a radial pattern that's different compared to the rest of them, while the Ocean has a nice 'half-n-half' feel with a radial pattern on the upper half. I don't exactly have a hardcore favorite, just ones that I like more.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
The one in my game is the Garden Pattern, and I do rather like it. Like @Psycho Monkey, I've received an Elegant Pattern over Wonder Trade. I think my favourite has to be Polar, although Tundra is a close second. I'm not sure why but those colours appeal to me the most.

I haven't seen too many of them. I have a polar one and the special event flower pattern Vivillion from this month. I dont know how long the event goes on for though. Ocean, Savannah, and Sun are my favs from the list above. The River Vivillion reminds me of Minecraft for some reason...

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
I don't have the actual game, so sadly, I own zero Vivillions as of the moment!
My favourites are the Meadow, Fancy, Elegant and Monsoon.

I also have a soft spot for the Modern and Pokéball pattern too.

I have all the Vivillon patterns, including a clone of a Pokeball one from the event in France. ^^ As for my favorite, I would have to go with garden or jungle since I like green things.

(I can't forgive Nintendo for not making pokemon #666 an evil bug type or dark type, though.)

I have nearly all the patterns in my game I can get the Garden Pattern
But my favorite pattern would have to be the Fancy Monsoon and the Jungle Patterns I really like the designs ^^

My native Vivilllon pattern is Meadow and it's one of my favorites! I also really like the Polar, Tundra, Marine and Elegant patterns. The Sandstorm pattern makes me laugh because all I can think about it is CAMO VIVILLON!

My native pattern is polar, since I have maple syrup in my veins. I have been slowly collecting the patterns as well and have High Plains, Icy Snow, Pokeball from the new event, Meadow, Elegant and Fancy from the event a few weeks back. My favorite pattern so far I think is the Marine, I like simplicity of it and how it could be a pretty realistic butterfly pattern. The shades of blue they used are quite pleasant as well.

Second would be Monsoon but I don't like the grey parts so much, they shouldve been much darker I find.

I have also found that Vivillon in general is one of the better butterfly pokemon we have gotten so far. Good Quiver Dance user, useful moves and access to Hurricane.

Apparently Scatterbug you receive off Wonder Trade will evolve into Vivillon with patterns from their native region and not from yours. I didn't know this and released all of them orz

I like the Sun and Poke Ball patterns, And I've got the Modern, Elegant and Fancy patterns.

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
I like the poke ball pattern the best. It looks so classy compared to the others.
I wish I could get more of that pattern.

Green Dragon

Formerly supertrainer300
My favorite pattern is the Modern Pattern. :) So red.
The only two patterns I have are my native, Meadow, and 1 foreign, a single Polar. So yeah, I need more Vivillons.