• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Virgil's Art

:o. Shiny Shinx FTW. He's like 0_o why are you staring at me? And Chii is cute and I loves that Torterra. Makes me glad I chose Turtwig my first run in DPPt.
Yay for bootiful shading!

Thanks Rayn :>

70880433.gif
A little present for Carmen 'cause CoGV is such a good story ♥ If you haven't read it yet you should do so nowwwwwww

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
D'awwww~

I love the picture that you drew for Carmen. The facial expression on the Budew is just so frelling adorable, and the scarf is purty. I also love the shading on the Duskull, very nicely done.

The Shiny Shinx is incredible looking too. I just love the facial expressions that you give to all of your drawings, they're beyond cute and amazing. :3

And speaking of epic facial expressions, that Torterra's face is buckets full of win. ♥

Totrerra: Epic win. Such good shading and the facial expression is cute and funny and win. Excellent.
Shiny Shinx: So much win, I can't even explain it all. I like the expression and it looks a bit plump, but it adds to the cuteness. Wonderful.
Budew abd Duskull: Budew's face is so funny, like it's saying "GET AWAY FREAK." I also think the scarf is cute. Duskull's shading is really good, and the short arms is cute. Amazing.

Your art is so cool, and I hope to see more.

Lolz, I don't think it was just you eating those cupcakes, Virgy. I think Torterra has been snagging some, because he looks a bit pudgy. It's kyute!

The expression on Budew's face is win. I want a nasty Budew like that, as when I think Budew, I think 'vapid.'

Wowwwww feels like I haven't updated in forever. Thanks for the comments!

64575589.gif
They don't have names yet, and the only images of them are really terrible quality, but I figured I'd draw them anyways. Except that rocky thing because whaaaaaat it's so weird and I didn't want to ♥

New 'mons. The jelly-monster thingy is kind of interesting, and your shading style makes it really cool. I don't know what to think of the tower-of-goth yet, but you made it look more like a Pokemon than the pictures do...

Wow Virgil, I love all of your art especially the one of Spinda and Mijimaru as your Avatar and the one with the Numel. Keep up the good work ;D I'll definately be coming back soon to see your new drawings.

Last edited by a moderator:
You take the ugly and make it cute :D

I especially like that jello-blob thingy. You made it look freaking ADORABLE.

And also I like your CoGV art now that I've read it.....it's so great :D (your art, I mean. The story is good too. But in this case, I'm referring to the art :D )

Shiny Shinx <333

Carmen's gifts look superbly sweet toooo~ I love how you can make their faces into emoticons like Duskull is all ":o" and Budew is all "):0"

That green thing is so cuuuute <33 I want one now, just to let you know. :> (and mainly because of that picure C:) And the witchy thing looks cool the way you draw it, y'know. It looks like sweeties~ s'nice. ♥

so,
in short,
ilu ♥

alm5fk.png
this is a pirate and his name is Swash.

f528ag.png
here is a more detailed closer upper Swash.

thanks for the comments btw.

it is hotttttttt so me and Swash were just like sailing and finding treasure together and stuff because i mean whatever it's jus ta good way to cool down y'know

Thanks Rayn ♥

hs9u0i.png
I know Koromori isn't even like real yet or whatever but I still think he is neat! This may or may not be close to what he looks like but I like it. Even if he ends up looking way different officially, I'll prolly still like 'em 'cause his colors are neat. Seriously I think 99% of why I like things is because of their colors. This one kid I ended up getting a really big crush on because he was wearing an orange shirt and it looked really good on him... But he never wore it againnnn </3 And pretty much any guy with black hair is cute in my opini- Virgil what are you doing this is an art thread just shut up :o

I lol'd at the Koromori.
He's so huggable and shiz, compared to the original scan of him. So much ♥ as always.

Pffft, the cuteness >3<

I just want to hug and squish that thing and never let go~ Then again, I could say that about a lot of your artwork. Also, I LOL'd at the kissy-face "Booty" pic.

I dub this thread the happiest place in Charms ever. The bright colors, amusing art concepts and general feel-good rhythm that emanates from this place is intoxicating and just plain fun. Virgy, you continue to bring out the love, and I and most everyone here look forward to drinking it up till we're all drunk from happiness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awww, thanks for all the comments friends ♥
Nezuruma said:
Hey virgil what program do u use?
I use PaintTool SAI. Even though my trial expired months ago :x

28ntcm.png
Here's some Nim fanart because Miguel the Magnemite was such a cute story I just couldn't resist :}
I tried to draw it in Rayn's style, 'cause that was how I imagined it when I was reading it (I was looking at his avatar which was drawn by Rayn Shyu so I just imagined everyone else in a similar style) I dunno if I really did her style any justice, but I like it :> Also I was really surprised when Aron turned out to give me more drawing troubles than Steelix. I thought Aron would be easier :T

B'ahhhh shucks! You did my style a lot more justice than I usually do, I usually don't do awesome shinyness to the piccies XD. (Which I should...)
Miguel is so cute. And Aron has the sneaky hardness of the head being a weird shape.
Andandand the title looks awesome.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
D'awww~ Virgil, that picture is too much cute for mind to handle. :3

The shading and shininess is exquisite, you do such a masterful job at it Virgil. You just take these cute little drawings and add terrific detail that brings them to life wonderfully. And all of the characters look so fun-loving and happy, it really captures Nim adorable little story. Terrific job Virgil. -^^-

OMG, is Swash wearing lipstick? But good, and I think there is a joke in the booty line. IDK.
Aww... Is Koromori in loooove? Only time will tel!
that picture of the steel types is winness. Aron is mega cute, Bronzor is still smiling, Magnemite is so giddy, and even Steelix is having fun! Great!

Woah, what? You're a gypsy? o: That is some nifty gypsy art.

I also really like the Miguel fanart xD
It's such an adorable story, with even more adorable artwork!

I love the gypsy pic! You always seem to surprise me with new atmopheres in a pictures, and this one is no different. Its fantastic.
Keep making moar artz !

Thanks for the comments :)

1zl56l1.gif
I like Koromori. I spent a long time trying to draw another Pokemon to go next to him but everything was coming out like crap so I just gave up and decided to post him on his ownnn.

Okay so there is a chance that Koromori doesn't actually have a giant eye and it's really just a huge giant nose, and if that is the case I'm going to be sad :C

Personally, I think it's a giant nose. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut you make him reeeeaaalllly cute with the heart shaped pupil. He's so fluffy. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhg, the cuteness! I originally didn't like him as much but teh cutenessss! The cuteness is eating my soul!

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
If that's not an adorable eye, we'll go beat up Gamefreak, Virgil.

The way you drew Koromori makes it look even cuter then it usually does. It's just so fluffy and adorable. The smile is very cute and a nice little expression. The fluffy fur looks terrific, and the shading on it and on the wings is exquisite, as always. And I love the gleam on the eye. :3

I just can't see the huge eye D:

You've made Kormori look really cool, with that "You know I'm better than you" expression on its face.

drgdrg the gypsy is so awesome you've even got grass being crushed where he's standing and lots of other nice touches.

D'aww, he's wonder-dovely :'D
I hope its an eye, but it seems like a nose to me currently.
Either way, I love it to bits

Hi guys. Thanks for the comments.

jtxmh5.png
I made this last night and wasn't sure whether I wanted to post it or not. But then today I figured I may as well because I haven't posted anything in a while.

vjona.png
It was originally this, but as you can see I made some changes.

what virgil ilu

Your newest drawing is so hnnnrrgghhhh I ♥ it~ It's all soft and neat and pretty and light and easyonyoureyes and weehee~! :'D Also that Shimama (shift, mama D:<) is like the cutest thing ever and urrrghbterfnjdlm I wish I was that Mijumari :V

All of your stuff before is 'eeeeeekwdjendjls ♥' too, but I'm just mainly concentrating on the most recent one/ones becauase I'M MESMERISED GODDAMNIT it'd take me too long to say stuff about all of the awesome stuff I missed </3

BUT JUST FOR THE RECORD THEY'RE AWESOME K ♥

Derp, teh cuteness. Teh cuteness! And they look really clean and smooth.
Also, I like the grass. That is a really nice effect. I like it!

This unhelpful post was brought to you by R_S!

Mijumaru looks so cute on Shimama, who looks so cewl~

I really like that minimalist style. Keep up the good work!

So....dern.....cute X3 Oh how adorable they look. This has made me consider getting Mijumaru for Black. MOAR