• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Video Game Championship 2011

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Since we don't already have a general discussion topic going for this thing, here we go~

http://www.pokemonvgc.com/en

Who of you are planning to attend? If so, which location?
Surprised by some of the teams people have been winning with, or pretty much exactly as you expected?
Any other comments to make regarding this year's Pokemon VGC competition?

I'm not surprised by the majority of the Pokemon being used, but a few of them I didn't expect to see. Namely: Amoonguss. I didn't realize it was that viable competitively. =o

Scrafty seeing lots of usage makes me smile. I love that little guy. :3 And yet... no Excadrill? I guess it can't really pull off its best stuff without Hippowdon or Tyranitar support, tho.

Some of the children in the pics on the website scare me.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I knew Amoongus and Druddigon would be very common despite what people think of them in general. Scrafty I've tested in Battle Subway and he's very good with Moxie backing his decent Attack and solid bulk. Conkeldurr, Hydreigon, the musketeers and the djinn keep things looking a bit more "standard" mind you.

...and, yes, I am hopefully competing this year (FINALLY.) Whatever happens, I'm expecting it to be a damn good event.