• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Version Exclusive Pokémon and New Features Revealed in Sun and Moon

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
banner-breaking.jpg

View attachment 371293

Attachments

• 371343_toc-header.png
    371343_toc-header.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Just casually throw your Pikachu at the enemy, why not? XD

Passimian is pretty darn cool, although Receiver is... interesting to say the least. Although maybe if you had a suicide lead with it it could work, maybe? I dunno. Either way I'd like to see more of its evolutionary line, if it has more stages anyway. Oh and Eevee's Z Move seems OP AF, just saying. Probably has a lot of Little Cup potential there, although I'm really hoping that the rest of the Eeveelutions can use it as well, that would be nuts.

Last edited:
Just casually throw your Pikachu at the enemy, why not? XD

Passimian is pretty darn cool, although Receiver is... interesting to say the least. Although maybe if you had a suicide lead with it it could work, maybe? I dunno. Either way I'd like to see more of its evolutionary line, if it has more stages anyway. Oh and Eevee's Z Move seems OP AF, just saying.
I really prefer Oranguru. The new move is cool, I can't wait to see how it works in-game!

There were only two things I didn't like about this trailer:
  1. It confirms that Lycanroc's two forms are version exclusives, though I was hoping they were only exclusive based on the time of day
  2. The Japanese trailer confirms that the following Kanto pokémon are NOT getting Alola forms:
    • Poliwrath
    • Scyther
    • Parasect
    • Butterfree
    • Magmar
    • Chansey
    • Arcanine
    • The Eeveeloutions
Other than that, I absolutely loved this!!

Customization has definitely improved since X & Y, and it looks like Pokémon Refresh will work sort of like a mini pokémon center since it seems to have the ability to get rid of a pokémon's status conditions.

I'm absolutely going to add Lycanroc's midnight form to my team on Pokémon Moon, & I might consider using an Eevee too since that Z move looks absolutely amazing!

Hey, Guys, If Midnight Lycanroc has Counter does that mean he is a very defensive Pokemon. usually "TANKS" have Counter

I'd say its less that only tanks get counter, and more that tanks make better users of counter, so you see them using it more often. Primeape for example has counter, and its far from what you'd consider to be a tanky Pokemon. Hell, Alakazam gets counter from FRLG. So while I can see where you're coming from, I don't think we can conclude too much from just one move.

I'd say its less that only tanks get counter, and more that tanks make better users of counter, so you see them using it more often. Primeape for example has counter, and its far from what you'd consider to be a tanky Pokemon. Hell, Alakazam gets counter from FRLG. So while I can see where you're coming from, I don't think we can conclude too much from just one move.

We wont know until November 18th. But If it had a good defence and a better attack, Midnight Lycanroc will After Alolan Raichu and before Mudsdale on my game.

On the official website. you'd think that since it's a different evolution it would have a different name, like the Eevees, during day=Espeon, during night=Umbreon. Well a lycan is a werewolf but y is midday evo named that he's a wolf not a werewolf like midnight evo. and Lycanroc, in my opinion should be Dark/Rock, but thats a quad weakness to Fighting. and counter would wreak any opponent while it is holding a focus sash.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-20 at 11.04.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-20 at 11.04.19 AM.png
    548.2 KB · Views: 45
Last edited by a moderator:

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
BATON PASSING SUPER POWERED EEVEE

PIKACHU'S Z-MOVE ANIMATION THING IS SO ADORABLE

ALSO I WAS RIGHT ABOUT VERSION EXCLUSIVE EVOLUTIONS FOR ROCKRUFF WHAT

AND ORANGURU HAS A FREAKING AWESOME MOVE (and name)

Also that new grooming thing is so cute omg

AND I CAN HAVE PIGTAILS AGAIN HELL YES

*hype increases 9001x more after this trailer*

Oranguru is awesome because he looks like skips from regular show...and its description says it has been seen using pokeballs...thats very similar to there real life counterpart...orangutans use human tools all the time and even in some places people give them the same rights as humans

MY SUN HARAMBE IS BETTER THAN YOUR MOON HARAMBE, PIKACHU'S Z-MOVE IS LITERALLY MY LIFE GOALS AND EEVEE'S Z-MOVE IS LIKE LITERALLY THE ANIME DEUS-EX MACHINA CLICHE AND I LOVE IT.

Last edited by a moderator:

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Well, I'll be trading my Rockruff over to someone with Pokemon Sun to evolve it, I like both evolutions forms, but I adore the Midday Lycanroc and I must have one ♥

Loving the new revealed Pokemon too, overall very happy with what's been shown here! :D

Imma be honest right now, I'm not really sure if Sun & Moon will stand up to our expectations at this point, I mean Ice type isn't really good as a team member as a fire type is... I mean sure vulpx looks cool but is it really worth using??? It is an ice type after all... And Lycanroc being a rock type.... it's not even immune to electric attacks..... The only way Lycanroc can pull forward is by being able to learn rock slide or something.... Sorry if no one likes how i view this, but I'm not wrong...

I gotta say, I really like both of rockruff's evolved forms, but my favorite one would have to be it's midday form. Why? Because its a wolf! And I also really like eevee's z move! Hmm, I wonder if any of eevee's evolved forms will get z moves....

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
MONKEYS!! *Ahem* Yup. Love them both. Oranguru is an instant member of Team Moon and I am very tempted to add Lycanroc as well. I'll have to review my current roster to see if I even have room for all of the awesome mons Alola has to offer.

Dat customization though! ♥ I'm going to love all of the new outfits available to me and look! No hat! ^_^

Pokemon Refresh is most certainly the logical next step of Amie and I'm glad they changed the name since Pokemon-Amie would not make sense in the context of the region. Being able to cure status is just a win all over.

Do I even need to comment on how amazing Eevee's Z-Move is? I do? Fine, it's bloody furkin amazing! Insane stat boosts will not only make Eevee as formidable as its evolved forms but if you Baton Pass that to a Pseudo-Legendary, your opponent might as well just give up right there.