• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Valin's requests

Hey there!

As of right now, I have just one request.

I've been trying to access Dream World, but my computer hates me for some reason, but the only reason I wanted to access it anyway was for a Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken with the Speed Boost ability.

In return, I'm willing to breed and customize a Pokemon to the trader's specifications, namely Nature, Ability, EV allocation, and dominant IV stat, as well as a decent IV distribution ("Relatively superior potential" or "Outstanding potential," if I'm lucky).

One question: If a Pokemon with a Dream World ability is bred with a Ditto, or something, will the resulting Pokemon have the Dream World ability, like if a Speed Boost Blaziken were bred with a Ditto, would the Torchic have Speed Boost as an ability?

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Torchic has not been made available through the Dream World as of yet. There's been a Japanese-exclusive promotion that gave you one of the Hoenn starters, but I'm pretty sure the genders were pre-set to be male, and even if they weren't your chances of finding someone to give you a Torchic would be pretty slim.

In that same vein, a Pokemon has to be female in order to pass down a Dream World ability, and the father also cannot be a Ditto. So, to answer your question, no. You need a female Torchic, and a father who isn't a Ditto. I believe the chance of the offspring having the Dream World ability is 60% or something.

Oh well, I'll just have to hope something eventually comes of that "as of yet" statement.

Anyway, as for second choices, is it probable for someone to have a female Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape with Iron Fist or a female Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr with Sheer Force?

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
I should probably have mentioned that the starters in general are very hard to come by. The Sinnoh starters, like the Hoenn starters, were event only in Japan. The Johto starters haven't even been released anywhere yet, not even in a promotional form.

Hm... I see. Well then, for non-Dream World Pokemon, how about a Spiritomb with the the move, Sleep Talk, and a Bold, Relaxed, Calm, or Sassy Nature (and preferably max HP IVs, but if not, that's fine. I won't be too picky)?