• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Valiant Resonance (Discussion)

Should the academy have uniforms?

• Yes

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
Yeah, feel free to control them @Captain Cardboard, you guys can control these types of battles. Just remember that the 2nd years are a little more capable due to having more training.

The only npcs that aren't autoable right now are Ms. Hera, the Headmaster, and the Prince.

i'll be trying to get a post in, before the battles start, JC would probably fair much since she's had training before hand, least i hope she would, though her new weapon might be something she needs to take time to get used to, going to model it after the Ignition Impact with some modifications

@Foxex I'll give JC the Carol point since she was caught off-guard and for "cool points", but remember the thing with these opponents, is that they're second years. Which means they have fair combat experience, or knowledge and can put up a decent challenge to the class of first years.

Yeah I kinda thought this would be a fight that the inexperienced main characters would barely win with resonants and luck. Just reading the post, is Carol dead? Because none of that post seems survivable.

I don't want our characters to be that strong- not for a while anyway. Carol would indeed be dead from a blow like that, but I'm going to give her the strongest armor there is, plot armor and say that there weren't any broken, or protruding bones, and instead swap it with a minor concussion, plus a few bruises.. and no broken wall lmao.
You have the right of it, Mr Fishykarp, I do want this battle to barely be won and with no casualties. It was meant to be the battle that made them realize that even though Resonants are powerful tools, it still takes effort for them to achieve victory, without the proper training.

So yeah, @Foxex I'm going to have to ask you to refrain from utterly demolishing these second years. I want some teamwork in these battles, and I want the first years to still be inexperienced for quite some time. Gradual growth is the best for long stories.

Yea, that won't happen to the others. Only did that to Carol since there was an opportunity she could capitalize on. I'll edit the post when i can, apparently Charms refuses to give me updates on the RP thread so i gotta check manually sry for the delays.

EDIT: edits done

Last edited:
so, there is a reason that Jaycee is able to harmonize with her Resonance so well for the first time, it has some things to do with her personality when she fights, her ambitions, and her drive and addiction/draw to power. It will probably be something that will be talked about and would become an issue later on as the character develops.

That's probably fine. My idea with Bea is that she's similarly able to access a lot of the lightning resonant's powers, but doesn't have the combat experience to actually capitalise on the advantages it gives her.

Yes, that's fine @Foxex, character development and variety is always welcome. Once the students' bonds get stronger, I'm sure they'll try to help Jaycee out, in some shape or form. For Rowan, the wind resonant will clash with his bold nature, making him a more calculating and strategic person, that focuses on controlling the battlefield with his wind rather than power alone.

EDIT: Oh right, almost forgot. I'm most likely just going to make Eve forfeit, I know I would lmao. If everyone is okay with that, I'll wrap up the fight in my next post.

Last edited:
all good man, i assume ur in HS? wait til uni or grad school lol

ive done both and gotta say uni was worse than my grad school, then again i just made video games in both, bur gradschool had more competent and willing teammates lol

By the way, since the story has been pretty linear in it's introductory phase. I figured I'd give some time to the students to do what they want, before the first major arc. They can do as they please around Valoros' campus. Just let me know if you want more clarification