• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Valentine's Day

Anyone have any big plans for this upcoming holiday?
If so, please share, if not, still share what you have in mind

With me, I'm going to make a card instead of buy one because all of the Valentine's cards I looked through in several stores sucked.
Then we got ourselves a dinner I'll be making or perhaps take her to Olive Garden and we'll eat nicely, get a good Red Wine for ourselves and then when we're done, we'll go back to my house and we'll close the day by watching a romantic comedy. I will of course give her one nice gift that I'm going to save up for, an emerald necklace, you don't see those often, they're usually diamond or something, the deep green will be beautiful!

Well, this year, my brother's Senior Ball is on Valentine's Day :,)

Usually we both just sit around being angsty about it- but then he decided to grow up and get a girlfriend and go to the ball, so I'll ask my friend to be my 'Valentine' instead and sit with her booing at romance movies on TV and probably ranting with Weeds about it x,D

I've never once had someone ask me to be their Valentine, so I don't find the day especially important.
I hope everyone else has a lovely time though!

... Except for you, Weeds. You need to be as miserable as me x,D
(I joke of course ;))

Kasumi xxx

I'm planning a bit of a surprise. I, like Rumar, am going to make my boyfriend a card. It shall probably be robot-based, as that is what he is working on in one of his classes. For a gift, I'm not sure what to make him yet (I'm a little short on cash), but I think it shall involve 'Shrinky-Dink' shrinkable plastic. For the occasion itself, I hope to simply spend an afternoon together, walking his dog around his hometown, playing video games, reading, and cuddling. :3

I don't have any plans, because I don't believe it to be a special holiday XD

See, the way I see it, random displays of love and romance shouldn't be shoved all on one day, they should be all the time. If you love someone, tell them every day~ All that being said, if I have the time, I may draw something small up. Nothing to the degree of the anniversary picture or the birthday pictures (which I still have to draw, I've got two for two birthdays XD but it's okay because he has two birthdays to see to as well >:3 sometimes we're mutually late on things, not because we forget, but because our schedules are death XD), but maybe a little something :> that being said, I really do wish we could cuddle up together. Then again, there's a damn ocean in the way, and no matter what day it is, I wish we could be together.

I'm more excited about "50% off all chocolate" day, which is February 15th.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
...TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINES TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINES TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINES

Tines.PNG

I stand with my beloved SCT on this matter. Displays of love should not be limited to just one day. It's just a load of commercialized bollocks full of pink and red and ghsagjds;ljdsafas. It seems to be designed to embarrass everyone around it. XP

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Let's see... I'm single, and Valentines Day is a Monday this year. Yup, my plans are wake up, eat breakfast, go to Physics, go to lunch, and play Kingdom Hearts the rest of the day. If proper motivation exists I might write a bit too. In other words, just a normal day. Why does such a ridiculous "holiday" exist anyway?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Blatant Consumerism. Simple as that.

That and the fact that a bajillion ages ago some religious douche was killed for being a religious douche, declared a holy man (a frequent occurence for religious douches being killed for being religious douches), and because they shove a St. Everything And His Dog Day into the calendar (only for some streams to remove it later whilst other still treat it as a holy day) and some British fucks in the dark ages decided to staple romantic love onto it... yeah.

Or something like that. It mostly exists to piss humanity off.

StellarWind Elsydeon said:
Blatant Consumerism. Simple as that.

That and the fact that a bajillion ages ago some religious douche was killed for being a religious douche, declared a holy man (a frequent occurence for religious douches being killed for being religious douches), and because they shove a St. Everything And His Dog Day into the calendar (only for some streams to remove it later whilst other still treat it as a holy day) and some British fucks in the dark ages decided to staple romantic love onto it... yeah.

That's the British for you, lol ;)

Phanes said:
That's the British for you, lol ;)

Disappoint.png
Smilie Credit go to Stel

*whacks Phanes in the head with a cup of tea*

We didn't even come up with this tradition. It was some Roman Pope way back in the 500s.

Aaaaannnyyywaaaayy...

I never had plans for celebrating this romantic tradition before, apart from making profit off of selling bags of love hearts and other sweets, people eat this stuff up. Due to some internal developments, mostly related to testosterone, I'm actually considering doing something anonymously for someone special. It won't be much but it will fill my quota for the supposedly romantic day.

I believe I shall have an unusually normal day on Valentine's Day. Just for the heck of it, I might listen to Valentine's Day by Linkin Park a few times, but that's about as far as I'll go :X I don't even like the song very much, but meh.

Aand yes, Kasumi and I are probably going to have some form of rant about it on the 14th xD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Psycho Monkey said:
Let's see... I'm single, and Valentines Day is a Monday this year. Yup, my plans are wake up, eat breakfast, go to Physics, go to lunch, and play Kingdom Hearts the rest of the day. If proper motivation exists I might write a bit too. In other words, just a normal day. Why does such a ridiculous "holiday" exist anyway?

^ This. Only with less Physics and Kingdom Hearts.

But even when I wasn't single I disliked Valentine's Day. It felt like I was forcing myself to buy something for my boyfriend and act in a certain way because it was expected of me. Sure, he enjoyed what I'd give him and I'd enjoy what he gave me, but we couldn't fully enjoy the day because of all the societal BS heaped on top of it. Mind you, I hate anything that's forced. It doesn’t feel genuine and thus, becomes fake and meaningless. =|

Valentine's Day is so much more fun when you're a child, too young to be bothered by the romantic bits of it yet still able to enjoy it as representation of love and companionship. Some of the cards they have these days are adorable, too. XD

I'm more excited about "50% off all chocolate" day, which is February 15th.

Amen to that!

You know, now I have actually decided what to get my boyfriend. Since I'm taking a still life painting class, I can give him an acrylic painting.

On the whole Valentine's Day concept in general, think it is a nice reminder that people should always be nice to their significant others, but the holiday is a nice reminder due to all the hulabaloo.

As with all the others, food is good as well. :p

I'm single as well and it doesn't look like that's changing anytime soon, so I'm pretty sure Valentine's Day will be normal for me. However my grandfather usually gives me a box of chocolate which he's done ever since I can remember. I used to think Valentine's Day was stupid, but now I think as long as you aren't silly and cheesy about it, it can be a fun day like any other. If I'm one day unsingle, I'd look forward to doing something fun for my boyfriend~

I'm also single and planning on having a a normal Monday. I will probably just go to school, and then come home and either code or play Zelda. It really just depends on the exact thing I'll do because that's still a little less than a month away...

I don't know what to think of this holiday. It can be annoying that it's expected of you to do stuff, but also I guess it could be fun. Meh.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Well, because Valentine's day is the day before my parent's wedding anniversary, I'm pretty sure my family's going to go out to eat or something at some fancy French restaurant or something of that sort (because they, being westernized, think it's a lot more romantic to pretend their anniversary was on Valentine's day and not the day after).

Besides that, I'll either give out chocolates/cards or just keep that Monday as a regular Monday, because I am single (and I'm planning to keep it that way until college/uni at the earliest thank you very much).

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
I'll probably just take my girlfriend out on the weekend before Valentine's Day (seeing as our schedules don't match up a all on Mondays). It'll be nothing major, just us being our usual dorky selves. I'll probably make her a card that is just me rambling for an extended period of time in text format. :>

Nothing major, as I'm a cheesy hopeless romantic every single day of the year. XP

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
The boyfriend isn't big on Valentine's day so I'll probably do nothing. We both have Uni on that day too, so probably even more nothing, unless I can convince him pull a sicky (he wont).

I don't mind Valentines day or the people who celebrate it, to be honest. Each to their own at the end of the day. 50% off Chocolate day is awesome though.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I always remember the year at school that I got a card. It appeared in my bag after History class. It was so nice. No idea to this day who sent it me though :V

It's one of those days that I don't really mind either way. My parents always give me a box of chocolate hearts, which is always nice. I've always considered Valentines day more of day for courting people, rather than for those already in a relationship, although I have no idea why I think that. It just makes more sense to me. People in relationships should treat everyday like it's special~

/End hopeless romanic~ness

Personally, I like Valentines day, it shows another side of us that most people don't show unless their being held hostage and at gun point.

But my holidays will be spent alone as my girlfriend is separated from me by over 2,000 miles of deserts, mountains, giant yarn balls and the Bible Belt. So unless my homeboys and I find jobs or we find a good liquor store that doesn't have a rottwieler in it so we can rob it, then I'm S.O.L'd. I would like to see her during the day so I can tell her how I actually care for her and just hug her but y'know with Stel's and SCT's case, we can't for right now. So I'm planning on making it up to her somehow except a gigantic musical number :x

I really do want to see her... she's basically my sun and my moon, I also wouldn't mind being able to cuddle with her too...

Valentines day is also cool due to 50% off Chocolate day ♥

Natsu Dragneel said:
Personally, I like Valentines day, it shows another side of us that most people don't show unless their being held hostage and at gun point.

But my holidays will be spent alone as my girlfriend is separated from me by over 2,000 miles of deserts, mountains, giant yarn balls and the Bible Belt. So unless my homeboys and I find jobs or we find a good liquor store that doesn't have a rottwieler in it so we can rob it, then I'm S.O.L'd. I would like to see her during the day so I can tell her how I actually care for her and just hug her but y'know with Stel's and SCT's case, we can't for right now. So I'm planning on making it up to her somehow except a gigantic musical number :x

I really do want to see her... she's basically my sun and my moon, I also wouldn't mind being able to cuddle with her too...

Valentines day is also cool due to 50% off Chocolate day ♥
Sounds like you're going for it, learn to play a harp, lol, I've never seen someone pull that off and probably have more than just one result.

50% off chocolate Day does not concern me.

I'm just nice too all the un-single people so they give me some of their chocolate. By the end of the dya, I have a stash of it.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I'm a member of my school's Activity Club and at yesterday's meeting it was decided that on February 14th the club is going to host a Speed Dating Event. Personally I find the idea absolutely ridiculous, but clearly the Executive Board wants to play match maker on Valentines Day >_>

The most I plan on doing is help set up and then sit back and watch until I get bored. As much as I want to find a mate, I don't think speed dating is the way to go, even if it works for some people.

Last edited by a moderator:
I plan to do something very special for valentine's day this year for my girlfriend!

First, I'll invite her over for dinner,(My parent's plan to leave town that week)then we will cuddle up together and drink hot chocolate, then we will go see No Strings Attached!

A

Anonymous

I hate Valenines day I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it ,I FUCKING HATE IT! >:(
I've been single for years ,and I'm soooo sick of seeing the couples at my school being all lovey dovey...thats why im proply gonna play sick on monday and chill out with some videogames.

Last edited by a moderator:
I stand with my beloved SCT on this matter. Displays of love should not be limited to just one day. It's just a load of commercialized bollocks full of pink and red and ghsagjds;ljdsafas. It seems to be designed to embarrass everyone around it. XP

Yeah, I always thought Valentines day was a load of crap. I mean, I play along, but usually I don't take it seriously.

And it looks like I'm not alone in the case of being unable to physically be with my Girlfriend on Monday... It is kind of a bother that we live on clear opposite sides of the U.S. (I'm in Washington, she's in New York.) Either way, I plan to give her yet another gift of literature or a game off of Wiiware. I do however, plan to surprise her with a drawing of her Fursona done by a fellow deviant I know (and I believe have also mentioned) by the name of HeartofDorkness. I hope to god she finds her phone charger at least so I can talk to her, seeing as she got it taken away for a bullshit reason.