• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

UU BW2 Team

I know that Charms threads usually aren't tier-specific, but this is a team I've been using on Pokémon Showdown recently, and had a lot of fun with. Still, there's one issue I have with it, that I'd appreciate some help on.

Swag (Scrafty) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 248 SDef
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Crunch
- Rest

This is the star of the time. Bulk Up Scrafty is so incredibly good. Scrafty has some massive bulk, and with Sp.Def and HP investment, it can easily switch in on Special attackers, get a Bulk Up on the switch (or two, if the opponent thinks they can take Scrafty down with special attacks), and proceed to LIVE (what I assume was) a Choice Scarf Darmanitan's Superpower, and KO back with Drain Punch. Rest + Shed Skin is really nifty too. This thing is just so hard to stop :D

Wudup Dawg (Umbreon) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Payback

My special wall. Umbreon has massive HP + Sp.Def. It scoffs at HP Fighting, taking on P-Z, Mismagius, and Chandelure with ease. Its Wishes are massive too, which can really be of help. Heal Bell means I can be more reckless with status, which is handy. Payback can do some good damage against previously mentioned Ghosts and the likes.

Breakdancer (Hitmontop) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Toxic

This is a weird set I made up myself. It's worked surprisingly well. Early game Hitmontop works mostly as a physical sponge, easing the job for my other Pokés with Intimidate. Rapid Spin is self explanatory, as is Toxic. The crux of this set is ResTalk. The reason this works so well is because no one sees it coming. Hitmontop is a Pokémon that usually carries offensive moves, like Close Combat, and so people like to switch in Bulky Ghosts, or if they don't have them, generally bulky Pokémon, who get nailed by Toxic. When it gets low on HP, you can rest, and continue in the same manner with Sleep Talk. This set does wonders against Roserade, the top used Pokémon in UU right now. It's weird, but that's what makes it work :)

Amphibian (Swampert) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Stealth Rock. That's pertty (get it? I'm so good at puns! :'D) much all this guy does, alongside wall Sub CM Raikou (which I am DEATHLY afraid of...), and sponge hits from Darmanitan (especially if Hitmontop's been in before him). I think I might want to shift some EV's into Def, seeing as I don't use him for offensive purposes.

DeathLamp (Chandelure) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Trick

Oh Chandelure, y u so good... My special sweeper, and also check to other Chandelure. It has some insane firepower (more of them :'D), and can really screw stuff over with its new toy, Trick. I've also had really fun predicting Imposter Dittos with this thing (I won a game because I predicted my opponent to go for Trick, to cripple an incoming wall, and instead staying in so I became faster than him :D). This thing is incredibly good.

The more observant of you will notice that this team only has 5 Pokémon. That's because I have a sixth team member that I've been alternating between, and I'd like to decide which one to keep permanently on the team, and which one to give the boot to. The two Pokémon are;

Mow You Down (Rotom-Mow) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

and

Mercury (Nidoqueen) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Roar

Let me explain the problem. I originally had Rotom in this last slot, since I wanted a fast scouter that could double up as a special attacker, as well as complete the Fire/Water/Grass core I attempt to have on all of my teams. Rotom came to mind, and it did its job fairly well. However, I noticed that my team had trouble dealing with with Sub No Guard Machamp, as well as Roserade to an extent (Hitmontop could make sure its hazarding attempts were useless, but not really take care of it). So, I decided to check up counters to Machamp, and Nidoqueen was listed as one. I decided that Rotom was the one who did the least for the team (other alternatives were Scrafty (who I didn't want to kick out because he is the star of the team) and Swampert (which would've left me vulnerable to that wretched SubCM Raikou >>; )). However, I noticed that I was starting to have trouble dealing with bulky Waters (Blastoise, Slowbro, etc), and that Rotom's Grass and Electric moves would've done the job better. Now I'd like some help in deciding, which of these two should be on the team? Alternatively, is there anyone else I should kick out instead? I would prefer a choice between these two, but if the latter is the best way to go, then please tell me, by all means.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Keep in mind that no team has absolutely no weaknesses. There will always be something that gives you trouble, it's just a case of having a way to deal with as many threats as possible and figuring strategies to deal with the ones that cause you the most trouble.

Right now I'm feeling that Hitmontop and Umbreon have slightly overlapping roles here, so if anyone would have to go it'd probably be one of them.

Also full HP/Def EVs for Swampert.