• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Using small Sprites/icons instead of Plates

Hello, I know that the way Pokémon are displayed are in frames of sorts. However I was wondering if you'd allow the option to use the Small Pokémon Sprites/icon to be used to denote Pokémon in your team instead of the current frames/plates?

I think this option would allow some flexibility in Trainer card design, though the trade off is that Shiny Pokémon can't be used unless you have some spriters on hand to recolor them. The other issue of finding the sprites/icons, don;t worry about that I found a sheet with all the ORAS Pokémon and megas available

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I'm guessing this would be a toggle per-background, rather than allowing the user to choose which they'd want? I ask because 20x16 sprites as opposed to the 30x50 panels would probably look silly. :p You're asking so background creators can create "mini-cards" with small icons?

Also: we already have all the small icons; I use them in the Pokémon selection page already.

I'm guessing this would be a toggle per-background, rather than allowing the user to choose which they'd want? I ask because 20x16 sprites as opposed to the 30x50 panels would probably look silly. :p You're asking so background creators can create "mini-cards" with small icons?

Also: we already have all the small icons; I use them in the Pokémon selection page already.

Yes That is why I'm asking. Though A Toggle er background thing would work