• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

US Gamestops to distribute Jirachi

11gkabp.png
Hot on the heels of the Pikachu-colored Pichu event, US Gamestops will be holding an event to distribute Jirachi to Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. The event begins February 27 and will last until March 13. The Jirachi will be distributed through local Mystery Gift at participating GameStop stores.

This is a special event Jirachi that, when traded to HeartGold and SoulSilver, will enable the Pokewalker course 'Night Sky's Edge', where it is possible to encounter Clefairy and Jigglypuff, among others; the course also offers the chance to find TM 29 (Psychic), as well as Moon Stones.

Assuming this Jirachi is the same as the one that unlocks the course in the Japanese versions of HeartGold and SoulSilver, it will be level 5, holding a Liechi Berry, and it will know Wish, Confusion, Rest, and Draco Meteor.

I'm getting this. Got the Pikachu-coloreed Pichu too. I didn't even have to leave the car for that, so I can just pull into the parking lot to get this if I can't go in that day.

I think it's cool how Nintendo is doing all of these events right before HGSS. It kinda makes the release seem closer.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Haven't seen anything about it yet, so I'm not sure either. Guess I'll just need to bug someone about it later or hope that they do a re-release over the WFC XD;

Heck yes! Just a little bit after the Pichu I get a Jirachi?! May I say awesome? I get this and a preorder bonus at the same time.

I hope this isn't off topic but since you get it through mystery gift can it be shared on line to friends. If so can someone message me about sharing because I'm in New Zealand and no events ever happen here.
(I hope my grammar is good enough.)

All Gamestops should be participating, but you can call them to make sure. That's what I did for the ToysRus Arceus in November. They will most likely because it's promoting a product they sell, Pokemon games.

This is supposed to be coming up at the end of this week but the pokemon website hasnt said anything else besided more details to come. thats wierd

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I haven't checked Pokemon.com in awhile so I'm not exactly sure when this news was posted, but the main site has this on it now:

http://www.pokemon.com/cms/img/news/vg_jirachi_special.jpg

Some people might find it helpful, so there ya go. This thing starts in two days.

This is helpful because under the title at the top it has "may be made available over Nintendo wi-fi connection. This is awesome cause in New Zealand we get an event every blue moon.

Cheers for the link Linkachu