• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

US And European Release Dates For Pokémon Black & White 2 Confirmed

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Pokemon-Black-2-and-Pokemon-White-2-Details.jpg

Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2 may have only been released in Japan a week, but release dates for the games in the US and Europe have already been confirmed this afternoon. In Europe the two titles will be released on the 12th of October, while fans in the US will be getting the games on the 7th of October. Not much of a gap between releases which is very nice to see. This also means the release for the Pokémon Dream Radar which works alongide the titles will be on the on the same day as the main series games in the US and Europe.

With the announcement of the games being released outside of Japan, we also learnt a few new details. Water Gym Leader Shizui will be known as Marlon, and the PokéWood feature will go by the name of PokéStar Studios.

Within the first two days of release in Japan for Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2 the games managed to sell over 1.6 million copies making them the first games across any platform to cross the million mark this year in Japan, and making them the third fastest selling DS titles ever. They're only beaten in second place by Pokémon Black and Pokémon White which managed 2.6 million during their first two days of release.

Read More

Re: US And European Release Dates For Pokémon Black & White

Well, not quite as soon as I'd hope, but still, October is better than November or December :3 Though, I don't quite get why they changed Pokewood to Pokestar :/ Oh well, better get saving if I want them both.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord

October is probably the worst time to release these. If the Wii U is out before the end of that month (which it sure seems like it will be in the US at least), it's going to be tough to justify paying out for two DS games on top of brand new Wii U titles and the hardware.

It's almost enough to make me hope they delay the Wii U here until November.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

Doctor Oak said:
October is probably the worst time to release these. If the Wii U is out before the end of that month (which it sure seems like it will be in the US at least), it's going to be tough to justify paying out for two DS games on top of brand new Wii U titles and the hardware.

It's almost enough to make me hope they delay the Wii U here until November.
I can't imagine most people will be buying both new Pokémon games and a Wii U within a very short space of time. There is no reason that Nintendo should delay the launch of an entire hardware line just because a few people want a new Pokémon game first. Just do what the rest of us do: buy what you can afford, and wait for the rest.

I was hoping for a September date but as for Wii U and Pokemon coming out around the same time. I would say wait a little and get the Wii U around Christmas or early 2013 as I don't really see anything that warrants buying the Wii U on release

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Been meaning to reply to this for awhile, but it's really nice to finally have the dates for these two games confirmed.

I'd been debating whether or not to restart Platinum in the meantime but I don't think I will now. 3 months isn't that long of a wait. :)

Bleh. It is being released long before any sort of break. Awwwwwww. I wanted to be able to play it for more than ten minutes a day. Nevertheless, I look forward to the continuation of the story established in Black and White.