• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Yugioh VRAINS Roleplay!

So, although I may not like how the Link mechanic butchers some of my decks, I'm certainly enjoying it and the new Yugioh show VRAINS. So I'm making a roleplay..

The story takes place in the VRAINS universe, but there's a small change. Even though 6 kids were liberated without their memories from a secret area and left orphaned (a plot point from the show), the Knights Of Hanoi and all characters from the show do not exist. Instead, a SOLtech supported vigilante group called the Duelists For Justice (who are relatively newly formed, and lacking in members) wage war in Link VRAINS against the Pawns Of Vengeance, a mysterious hacker group whose main aim seems to be ruining SOLtech. The Pawns have been surprisingly silent over the past month, so the Duelists for Justice are taking the time to get new members for when they will strike again.
We'll need a character to be one of the children and take Yusaku's role, as the leader of the Duelists For Justice and who hates The Pawns for supposedly taking their past memories away, and I think I'll be taking the Revolver-type character who leads the Pawns and has a hidden reason for wanting to destroy SOLtech.

Bio:

Name-
Age-
Gender-
Appearance-
Personality-
Backstory-
Other- (List if one of the 6 children here)

VR Form
Account name-
Appearance-
Allegiance- (Duelists For Justice, Pawns Of Vengeance, Charisma duelist, neutral)
Deck List-
(Maybe include a 20 card deck with 5 card extra deck for speed duels?)
Skill- (For Speed Duels, ask if you don't know what I mean)

My Bio:

Name- Seth (Last name unknown)

Age- 16

Gender- Male

Appearance- Seth has short brown hair, and is average height and skinny. He has piercing green eyes, and wears a black hoodie with dark blue jeans and green trainers.

Personality- As Venator, Seth comes off as silent and intimidating, rarely talking but putting a lot of snark and thought into his every word. He doesn't trust others to do his work for him, so keeps everyone else in his organisation on the same level. In front of those he works with, he can also be creepily joking and friendly.

Backstory- Orphaned as a young child and having no memories, he became best friends at a young age with a fellow orphan and amnesiac, the first of the 6 children. They grew up working together, hoping to find who stole their memories. Suddenly, he disappeared and formed the hacker group Pawns Of Vengeance, attempting to destroy SOLtech. SOLtech recruited his old friend, and formed the Duelists For Justice, blaming the memory loss on them. Now, they have gone underground again, planning their next attack.

Other- The second of the 6 children who lost their memories

VR Form

Account Name- Venator

Appearance- A tall and thin figure cloaked in a black cloak with light green hexagons on the edges. The body is covered in dark black armour plates, with light green glowing eyes. His Duel-Board is a black spinning disk with green edges.

Allegiance- Leader Of The Pawns Of Vengeance

Deck List-
Master Duel-
Monsters:
2x Manju Of The Ten Thousand Hands
3x Mezuki
2x Gozuki
1x Plaguespreader Zombie
2x Shiranui Solitaire
1x Shiranui Spectralsword
3x Uni-Zombie
2x Zombie Master
3x Revendread Slayer
1x Samurai Skull
3x Vendread Revenants
3x Vendread Houndhorde

Spells:
3x Revendread Origin
2x Book Of Life
2x Pre-Preparation Of Rites
1x Foolish Burial
2x Twin Twisters
1x Preparation Of Rites
1x Overload Fusion

Traps:
2x Vendread Re-Origin

Extra Deck:
1x Archfiend Zombie-Skull
1x Revived King Ha Des
3x Shiranui Samuraisaga
1x Shiranui Shogunsaga
1x Shiranui Sunsaga
1x Dragonecro Nethersoul Dragon
1x Dante, Traveler Of The Burning Abyss
1x Minerva, The Exalted Lightsworn
1x Number 66: Master Key Beetle
1x The Phantom Knights Of Break Sword
1x Proxy Dragon
1x Akashic Magician
1x Gaia Saber The Lightning Shadow

Speed Duel Deck:
Monster:
1x Pyramid Turtle
1x Manju Of The Ten Thousand Hands
1x Samurai Skull
1x Uni-Zombie
1x Mezuki
1x Gozuki
1x Hack Worm
1x Cracking Dragon
1x Zombie Master
2x Vendread Houndhorde
2x Vendread Revenants
1x Revendread Slayer
1x Plaguespreader Zombie

Spells:
1x Foolish Burial
1x Book Of Life
1x Revendread Origin

Traps:
1x Vendread Re-Origin
1x Heavy Dust Storm

Extra Deck:
1x Archfiend Zombie-Skull
1x Shiranui Samuraisaga
1x Shiranui Shogunsaga
1x Number 66: Master Key Beetle
1x The Phantom Knights Of Break Sword

Skill- Revivengeance

Once per duel, if there are 5 or more cards in your Graveyard, you may special summon 1 Level 4 or lower Zombie-type monster from your GY, but it's effects are negated.

Small rule, in this universe Cyberse monsters are just normal cards and are actually seen as extremely common, same with generic Link monsters.

Last edited:
There's not too much to watch to be honest, only 10 episodes so far. It's the most I've ever enjoyed the first episodes of a Yugioh series since 5D's, so i'd certainly recommend it.

Yeah, I really liked that they incorporated 8000 LP duels in somehow. I also quite like the diversity in Link decks right now, I used to use Crawlers but then they released the Vendread's and I just can't not use those.

I would participate, but I just realized I probably can't... I'm a bit too occupied with moving and the fact I've got more school online over the summer. I would love to... Maybe msg me if you need a minor character for a plotline. Sorry!

Shameless bump.

This was written while opening up 3 of the new Link Strike starter deck, best cards for a structure deck I've ever seen. Can't wait till I get back from my vacation and have a Code Of The Duelist booster box waiting for me.

I'm actually going to Gamestop to grab some packs right now! What's your favorite card from the starter deck? I like Link spider, I think it'll work well with my Predaplant deck.

Link Spider too OP.
Always liked Predaplants, but they ended up like Speedroids, getting two of their cards jammed into other decks in an engine that results in one of them getting on the banlist. Link Spider is prolly best, Decode Talker and Linkslayer too but they'll probably get reprints soon. I'm working on Zombies for Link format. It's mostly just Syncho Zombies with Vendread jammed in. I'll probably build Crawlers when they come out because I'm a sucker for Flips and absolutely scumbaggy decks.