• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Unown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Um? :?

I don't get 'em. A Pokemon with only one possible move and no amazing special ability? What have I missed?

And do I want to go round collecting every single possible form, when there's only one entry in the Pokedex? Do I get anything special for having all the possible forms?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
In gold and silver you get to print out messages with them using the GB Printer. Which is fairly funky.

Also, some people collect them simply because they're variant. It's a nice challenge to set yourself to collect all 28. Not as useful as the most variant, Spinda, but definitely a nice collector's item.

A lot of people would only consider you to truely have 'caught 'em all' had you all 28 of the Unown.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Ahhhh! I was expecting the fact they're supposedly runes to come into a puzzle or something (like the Braille puzzles), but no... I even wondered if the strange names of the chambers (Weepth, Rixy, etc) were supposed to imply something, but I couldn't work anything out.

Oh well.

Do you know, I can almost read Braille now - just from Pokemon? :roll: When I was in Brussels a couple of weekends ago I was going round reading all the Braille inscriptions on the underground there (that they have to Aidez les malvoyants). It took me a few minutes each time but I could do it. Um...

Status
Not open for further replies.