• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Unown Alphabet. Is your collection complete?

This is my first topic. sooo. here it goes. As you know there are 29(I think)Unown in the pokemon world. I think that people should have a collection of them. I already have started a collection own. But right now I want to hear about yours.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Awhile back I decided to go on a mad Unown hunt, and about... three or so hours later I'd captured them all. They're cute little buggers, especially when they do their keyboard thing on Pokemon Ranch :)

The two that gave me hell (if I remember correctly) were X and W. The bastards just wouldn't show themselves for ages. When I finally found the second of the two I cheered madly and yelled at the Charms chat XP

When I finally decided to capture them in diamond it took almost no time at all. Though, I must say that was the only area of the map I managed to overlook and as such I was still missing Unown for the National dex right after beating the Elite Four.

For the longest time I only had a D shoved into my PC just for the Dex entry. And then I started the long laborious process of getting one of every single variation of all pokemon into Ranch, and that included all 28 Unown. I think I had about as much trouble as Katie did there, about 3 hours, the last hour of which was spent frantically searching for L who would NOT appear for some godforsaken reason. Either way... I have a lot of them now in Ranch. ^^

On Pearl, I took the time to do it. On Platinum I didn't. I figure I do my EVing and capturing mostly on Pearl, not Platinum, so... Yeah.

On Platinum I have all of... three? Yeah, three or so.

-AL

EDIT: =0 This... is... my 400th POST!! YEASH!

I have a full "Box O' Unowns" in Diamond, but never bothered getting them all in Platinum.

Not to say I don't love them for their pure cuteness. I remember being completely obsessed with the Unown in G/S/C.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I also completed the alphabet in Silver, which didn't include ? and ! as far as I'm aware. However, I've never bothered since. I did collect a few in Diamond to make the tunnel thing bigger so I could look for Hippopotas easier, but I never completed the Alphabet. In all other games I've only caught one for the 'Dex and left it at that.

If the reward for collecting them was something substantial I'd consider it, or maybe I'll do it in Soul Silver for nostalgia's sake.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
from what I can gather from my memory of my lost Pearl game, I tried to capture all the Unown in alphabetical order, which totally worked out well because the first few that appeared to me were somewhere in the middle or towards the end of the alphabet and I couldn't find A anywhere.

So I gave that up and just started capturing them in any random order, and I believe I'm still missing about 5 of them, including ! and ?, though I'm not sure which ones I'm missing due to the fact that I haven't played my Pearl game for the past 2 years or so.

I tried in silver when i was younger but got really bored and just ended up wasting hours doing it... I've barely bothered catching any unown in DPPt mostly because my main game pearl has pretty much no space left to put any pokémon in boxes, i really need to get ranch or something at some point

Last edited by a moderator:
In silver, I managed to catch all Unowns after one eventful energy-drink fueled night...but since then, I haven't really been interested in them. I think I have O,P,L, and I.

Good news, I`ve completed my collection in FireRed! Exept for ? And !. I really dunno if you can get them in that gen. The one that I use the most is X. It looks "ubber" cool !

everyone has all the "black" unowns, but during my platinum hunt i came across a shiny G and decided to hunt for shiny unowns. very hard, all i have is G and and shiny S from a friend, the GS looks pretty cool in the PC.

I didn't really think of this. I'm am just that dull. I will probably catch them all just to have something else to do in Platinum. I probably won't be able to start til Monday though.

When I still had Diamond, I managed to capture the letter Unowns, but had yet to come across '?' and '!'. I am also rather proud to say that although it took me a week, I managed to catch them in alphabetical order
(the OCD in me just wouldn't let me go and capture them in any which way.) Truth be told I mostly did it for the seals; and no, it wasn't so I could spell out swear words everytime a Pokemon comes out of its Pokeball.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Actually, yes. I was bored enough in Diamond at some point to harvest all of the Unown.

I never liked the little psychic psychotic letters. But it was a completion thing. I dunno.

I tried in Crystal once. Then... well, you have a Pokeball in the window if you catch one in the first place, so I don't do it in case I double catch. Mo'well... other games, like three of them. Most of the time, I end up catching "E" first. For some reason. I liked naming them after the words in the Unown dex... that was the best part.

Today I finished my Pearl Unown alphabet collection. I got A/Z, the ! and the ? Unown. I already talked to that boy who's learning the alphabet for the seals.

I really don't know what to do with those Unowns, I could release them ...

I originally got the 26 Unknown becuase I had nothing to do. Then it was useful for Defence EV Training (The increased populus of Hipopotas), but I haven't played the games in months, really, so... heh heh heh....