• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Unova Travels

The battle came to an end and just as Aaron had predicted, it had come down to the wire. Both of the Pokémon had given all their energy, especially Ry's Infernape which had dragged this match much longer than it ought to have been. His speed had been something special, which reflected a strong training and grooming by its trainer. But Levi's heavy hitting Blastoise proved to be competent as well holding off damaging attacks quite well. The type advantage prevailed in the end after a spectacular Blast Burn Vs Hydro pump showdown.

Aaron was surprised as well as excited at the end. A betting man would have backed the water type every day of the week but this had been hard to call even after the final clash. Both trainers appeared wrecked physically and mentally as they should have been, given the calibre of fight they had just shown. He noticed that a small crowd had gathered around them with many people looking in with shock and awe Some even had cameras out to record the encounter. As the trainers headed to heal their pokemons, Aaron grabbed the soda pop from the vending machine before rejoining the group. He grabbed a spot on a recliner, which was just opposite the sofa on which Levi was sitting. He noticed a tanned boy with black hair had taken a seat beside Levi. He introduced himself as Brief. Realising he was yet to introduce himself to the pair of them, Aaron decided this was as good as opportunity as any.

" Hey nice to meet you guys, I'm Aaron and I also intend to challenge for the Unova league." He said waving a little.

"It looks like I have a lot of competition for the leauge then," Ry said smiling. Part of him, wanted to get up and train. He still had to get stronger However he was too exhausted to do so right now. He set his head down on the table, and rolled his neck back and forth.

After a minute of this, he heard a soft ding, signifying his Pokemon was healed. He stood up and walked ver, feeling a bit better himself. He took Fuego and placed the Pokeball at his belt before facing the others. "I don't know what my plans are, but I plan to go to Aspertia City next and get the Basic Badge!" He announced.

Emily followed Levi and Ry back inside the center along with some people. She gave a small, soft chuckle when she saw the battlers collapse in their seats. Another trainer that Emily did not know showed up and spoke to Levi and Ry. Apparently they had some history together. Then he turned to Emily and introduced himself as Brief. "I'm Emily," she responded to Brief.

When Ry announced that he was heading to Aspertia City to get a badge, Emily figured that's where she'd go, with or without a group. She pulled out her Pokégear and opened the map app. According to the map, Aspertia was west of Virbank, just past a town called Floccesy. "Well, if you're heading to Aspertia City, you're gonna want to head towards the west gate," Emily told Ry.

"Thanks," Ry said giving a large grin and a thumbs up. Then he marched out the door, pressing forward, ignoring the pain. He was too excited and wanted to get there as soon as possible. As he strides through the streets of Virbank, he couldn't help but smile. It felt kinda nice to be on an adventure again. Especially after the long break he had taken to train.

As he neared the west gate, as Emily had said, he began to get even more anxious. Then he broke into a run, dashing out of the city and into the Unova Woods. Not only was it his first time in this region, but this region had it's own unique Pokemon. He was excited to catch some and train them. Not to mention, get to battle them.

As Ry entered the woods, he quickly looked around him. In the sky, Pidove flew above. In the trees, Sweaddle and Swadloon nested. Along the ground, Lillipup, Purloin, and Patrat ran around. It was amazing. "C'mon on out guys! Enjoy Unova!" Ry shouted, tossing out his three Pokemon, while startling the wild Pokemon. His Sceptile, Jet, along with Fuego and Munchy all appeared, with the Infernape in much better shape then he was earlier. "Take it in and breath that fresh air." Ry said taking a deep breath in.

"I see somethings never change Ry is still fill of energy as I remember" Brief tiredly said as he watches Ry marchs out of the Pokemon Center, "Well I better go with him seeing as he doesn't know the region that well. If it wasn't for Emily he wouldn't know where to go to leave the city" Brief thought to himself with a sweatdrop getting off the sofa. As he was heading for the door he give Emily and Levi a lazy wave goodbye now outside he could still see Ry in the far distance.

After following Ry throught Virbank he finally made it to the west gate he watched Ry walk throught the gate. As Brief too walk out of city he noticed Ry and his pokemon taking in Unova he walked up behind Ry, "Unova is a wonderful place isn't it."

After Ry and Brief left, Emily got up from her seat and walked over to the Pokemart counter. She purchased some potions and a few extra Pokeballs before she left the center. Upon exiting the center, she stretched her arms above her head. The sun shone brightly causing Emily to put one of her hands up to shield her eyes. Once her eyes adjusted, she looked around, spotting the western gate down the street to her right. Emily headed down the street and exited Virbank City onto Route 20. She looked around, taking in the new route. It was quite peaceful and beautiful. It reminded her a bit of Route 30 and 31 of Johto, with all the scenery. Emily heard a river nearby and wandered around looking for the water. She eventually found the source of the water: a winding river and a few waterfalls snaking through the route.

Stopping near the river, she crouched down next to it and placed her hand in the water. It was cool and clear. Emily scooped some water in her hand and took a small sip from it. She deemed it drinkable and pulled out an empty canteen from her bag, filling it up in the river. While she was filling up her canteen, Emily heard some splashing noises from the other side of the river. She looked up and spotted a Poliwhirl splashing in the water. That would certainly make a good addition to her team, either as a Poliwrath or Politoed. Emily pulled out a Pokeball and sent out Atom. Atom appeared, hovering above the river, facing Emily. His trainer pointed at the Poliwhirl, which had noticed Atom's presence and fired a Bubblebeam.

"Atom! Dodge and use Thunderbolt!" Emily commanded Vikavolt. Her Pokemon responded, dodging the Bubblebeam and firing back. Poliwhirl quickly dodged the attack and fired another attack. This was going to be an interesting battle.

"Yeah, it's pretty nice here. I should have come here earlier." Ry said turning to face Brief. " But I'm here to win the league, and the next step is get the basic badge at Aspertia. Hey, isn't Casys he gym leader now, up in Castelia? If so, I get to battle him full on for a gym badge." As he talked about collecting badges, his enthusiasm began to grow. "Brief, you headed to Aspertia?"

Brief chuckled at his friend's excitement, "Yeah. I'm heading out there I want battle the new gym leader there I want to see if he can match up to Lenora when she held the Basic badge" Brief told Ry. "As for Casys he is gym leader of Castelia City I heard from random trainers his gym is quite the tough to beat some complain he is too strong" Brief scratching the back of his head as he continues to inform Ry.

Ry gave a awkward grin. "Doesn't Casys remember you need to make yourself at level with the challenger. We both know his strength is pretty strong overall." He scratched his head, and shrugged. "Well, let's head off. We have a good amount of ground to cover." He added, returning his team to their Pokeballs.

Ry returned his pokemon he and Brief started to make their way down route 20. As they continued to walk Brief's eyes started to wander taking in the sight of the pokemon that lived in the route he could even see some young trainers battling in a clearing. He smiled at the two trainers giving it their all in the battle when he heard a rustling noise coming from a bush that was on the other side of him. "Hmm," curious about what was making the noise Brief stopped following Ry to check it out. Pushing pass the bush he come face to face with a Purrloin giving him a cute look, "Oh, why aren't you a cute little thing would you like a little snack" Brief said to the wild pokemon as he gos into his bag an pulled out a Oran Berry reaching his hand out trying to give Purrloin the berry. As his hand gotten comer to the pokemon its cute face changed to a devious one with a cruel gleam in its eyes as it tries to slash his hand Brief quickly pulling back his hand.

"Woah, there you almost got me" Brief said as began to stand up the Purrloin jumping back away from him getting ready for battle, "If its a battle you want I'll gladly take you on Melody show this Purrloin what you got" Melody giving her master a nod as she jumped from out of his scarf facing the off against the enemy pokemon. "Ok lets start this Melody, use Quick Attack" with the order given Melody body begins to glow a bright white as she speeds towards the Purrloin hitting it pretty hard knocking it back. The Purrloin recovers quick and starts to retaliate with Fury Swipes, "A slow attack like that won't work Melody dodge!" Melody begins to dodge the Fury Swipes making the Purrloin upset that nothing of its attacks are hitting it continues to swipe aimlessly just trying to hit Melody. This continues on for awhile when Brief notices the Purrloin getting tired, "Its time to end this Melody, Discharge!" Brief commanded thrusting out his hand Melody jumps back away from the Purrloin as her body begins to surge with electricity she fires off a powerful wave of electricity at the Purrloin knocking it out. "Ok, time for the closer" Brief throws a pokeball at the down pokemon sucking it in the pokeball shaking a couple times before a loud click was heard Brief picks up the pokeball, "Welcome to the team I guess I should get back before Ry gets to far" Brief said scratching the back of his head as he was making his way back when he noticed a small bag picking it up inside of the bag was a hand full of shiny items the most noticeable ones were two Basic badges his face deadpaned, "Man I really got myself a troublemaker dont I the least I could do is return them to the gym leader" Brief said putting the small bag in his backpack now back on the main path Brief could see Ry not to far head he ran to catch back up with him.

Last edited:
Poliwhirl jumped into the air, dodging yet another Thunderbolt from Atom. Emily was getting frustrated and Atom was getting tired. Up till now, Atom was only able to land one attack while Poliwhirl had been able to land multiple water attacks. Maybe if she was able to match Poliwhirl's speed, they could win. "Alright Atom," Emily called out to her Pokemon. "You deserve a rest." She pulled out Atom's ball and recalled her Vikavolt. Putting the ball back on her belt, she pulled out a dusk ball and tossed it into the air. "Nyx, its your turn to put this Poliwhirl into its place."

Emily's Midnight Form Lycanroc emerged from the ball and growled at the Poliwhirl. Poliwhirl got into a fighting stance before running at Lycanroc, its hands glowing white. "Wait for it to approach," Emily spoke to her Pokemon. Nyx stood still, watching Poliwhirl approach. One the water Pokemon got into range, it pulled its arm back, ready to strike Nyx. "Now! Use Thunder Fang!" Nyx lunged forward, lighting coating her fangs. She clamped down onto Poliwhirl's arm, sending electricity coursing through its body. Poliwhirl stumbled back, electricity sparking off its body. "No time to let up! Use Stone Edge!" Lycanroc howled into the sky before slamming a paw into the ground. The ground started to rumble before glowing blue spires of rock began emerging from the ground, approaching Poliwhirl. The water Pokemon tried to move, but the secondary effect of Thunder Fang, Paralysis, prevented it from moving to safety. Poliwhirl was struck by the attack, sending it into the air.

Poliwhirl came back down to the ground, a cloud of dust puffing up. Poliwhirl was a barely able to stand, and Emily figured this would be a good time to try and capture the Pokemon. She reached into her pocket and pulled out a Lure Ball. Taking a moment to compose herself, she threw the Lure Ball at Poliwhirl. The ball sailed through the air and connected with the wild Pokemon. Once the Lure Ball hit Poliwhirl, it opened up and the Pokemon was converted to red energy, flowing into the ball. It landed on the ground, shaking once... twice... three times... The red light on the button of the ball disappeared with a soft click, signalling a successful capture. Emily walked over to the ball and picked up the ball, a smile on her face. Nyx walked over next to its trainer and looked at the ball as well. Emily looked at her Pokemon and patted Nyx's head. "Well done, Nyx," Emily praised her Pokemon before returning Nyx to her ball. She put the two Pokemon on her belt before resuming her trek towards Aspertia City.