1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.

Ask to Join ▲Undertale - Beneath the Surface ▲

Discussion in 'General Role Play' started by Zenhu, May 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Sign up here: https://pokecharms.com/threads/undertale-beneath-the-surface-discussion-thread.20978/

Ages ago, the monsters and humans lived in peace and prosperity. Even though they lived alongside one and other, the humans became cautious of the monsters, due to the fact they can consume a human soul to gain overwhelming power. This caused the war between the humans and the monsters; and in the end the humans were victorious.
    -201X-
    The monsters were sealed underground with no hope of leaving, unless they were to merge with a human or collect 7 human souls. The king of the underground, Asgore, declared war against humanity. Asgore decided to start collecting human souls to free the monsters, all because his two children (CHARA and Asriel) died on the same night. The queen, Toriel, was outraged by this, so she fled to the Ruins to aid and protect any humans that may fall down into the underground. Some monsters side with Asgore, while others don't mind the underground, and wish to keep peace with the humans.

Will anymore humans fall into the underground? The monsters must decide whether or not they will befriend the fallen humans, or fight them to claim their souls. One thing is for sure: The humans who fall into the ominous underground are in for quite the adventure. Let's just hope they don't have bad time.

RenzFlintrock likes this.
  2. Hungry Badass

Hungry Badass Previously Iazy guy who loves to eat

Sam was walking around the mountain when he saw some kind of entrance, when he entered he tripped and fell down for what felt like forever, he landed on some flowers and got up "ugh.. what?" He said before noticing what had happened, he looked up and saw the hole he fell from , with only one path, Sam had no choice but to follow it, it eventually led to some dark place, ((I'll stop here because i got no idea if were using the canon chatacters aswell ))

3. PlayfulFox47

PlayfulFox47 Previously PlayfulShinx47

Lisa saw the boy fall. She got worried and tried to help. She was too late. She took a step back, but the back foot landed on some vines. She lost her balance and fell into the deep dark cavern below. When she woke up she saw the boy who was still lying down. She decided to walk into the dark room and stopped. She got scared and refused to move forward.

Vixie was having some pie with Toreil. She loved spending time with the goat-like monster. She shared many of the same views on humans as her. Once that was over, she went back to Snowdin to help her brother with inventory.

RenzFlintrock and Zenhu like this.
  4. Hungry Badass

Sam noticed someone following him, she was scared so he went to comfort her "you okay?" He quietly said, "we have to move forward" he continued, as he made a sign to follow him, and continued

5. The croaks of Froggit's echoed throughout the long stone corridor. Choro adjusted his red luscious tie, and buttoned up his tuxedo. He was sitting in front of the deadly spike trap, awaiting a monster to stumble across it, and being the gentleman he is, Choro planned to guide them through.
    To pass the time, Choro pulled out his book on how to be a gentleman, then proceeded to scan through the worn out pages. He'd already read the book hundreds of times, he just likes to compare himself to the human models in the book. "No posture..." Choro had shaken his head with disappointment. He got up from his sitting postition, and dusted his pants off. Choro narrowed his eyes, his feathers ruffled as he shifted from boredom. "Are there no monsters who seek help from such an esteemed gentleman?" He'd mumble to himself.

A few minutes had passed, when a quiet thump was heard from a few rooms down, then after a few moments, another thump was heard. Choro perked his head up, his wings shifted, whatever had just fallen, was no monster, he could smell it. The smell of humans. Choro smiled ominously, "At last, humans!" He'd exclaim, although he didn't move towards the noises. "They'll come to me, then I'll collect their SOULS, and give them to the King!" He'd think passionately to himself, "Then I'll escape the underground, and finally become a butler!"

Choro grinned, "Now I wait."

6. Hungry Badass

After some walking, Sam passed some dummy, then some puzzles, only to find himself in a room with a bunch of spikes, and a monster "how does anyone get through that?!" He asked

7. Outside of the Ruins door, a red skinned elf by the name of Victor calmly leaned on the wall next to the door with his hood up, his full jet black eyes looked around to only find trees and snow. He held out his hand and started to create a yellow crystal of some kind before he closed his open palm which caused the crystal to fall like dry sand, Victor put his hands in the pockets of his large black coat and sighed lightly in relaxation. "Nothing better than relaxing with the snow, trees and most importantly... some peace and quiet..." He said before he turned his head to find some kind of camera with a red light turned on, all he merely did was smile and lightly wave at it in case anyone watched on the other end.

8. PlayfulFox47

Lisa read the sign and looked back at the room. "It's a puzzle," she mumbled, "I know how to solve it." She led the way through the spikes. She kept her book open and looked down at it, like she had some sort of map. Lisa opened her bag and erased some pencil markings. "See, wasn't so hard, just got to read the writing."

9. Hungry Badass

"Wow" Sam said, before going through the same path "amazing, you got to teach me that someday" Sam continued, still amazed

10. PlayfulFox47

Lisa looked at him, confused. "What are you talking about? All I did was read the sign and make a small map in my book, which now I marked in," she said as she gave a sigh. She continued to walk in the Ruins and she entered a long hallway. She didn't see any signs so she just walked forward.

11. Hungry Badass

"What do you say that actually makes sense" he muttered as he walked , then, he came across a house "there's a house!" He said happily, before knocking on the door

12. Azul had traveled for over a day now. He had woken up in a pile of trash, half submerged in water. They had panicked and run, avoiding people as much as possible, and bolting past the people they couldn’t. They had traveled along the river and into a large town, panicked there and bolted across a bridge into a forest, traveled through the forest up until a wall of stone. There was an Elf-like creature nearby, but Azul had not noticed them yet.

Zenhu likes this.
  13. Choro pursed his lips and gritted his teeth in anger. The two just walked past him! The frustrated rooster ran stylishly towards them, his red feathers atop his head flowing in the wind of his movements. He'd finally caught up with them, when the two had reached Toriel's Home. Choro had to defeat them before Toriel noticed them.
    She could easily burn his feathers to a crisp. Choro made a small egg, then hurled it in front of the door, exploding before the human could knock on it. When he thought he had their attention, he flew over to block them from entering the house. "Greetings, humans!" He'd adjust his tie, hovering in place using his massive wings. "How impolite of me,"He'd smirk, "I haven't even told you my name yet!" The classy monster snapped his fingers, turning both of their SOULS brown.

"I am Sir Chorobak the forth,"
    Jazz music would seem to echo throughout the catacombs.
    "Shall we dance?"

#13 Zenhu, May 26, 2019
    Last edited: May 26, 2019
  14. Hungry Badass

"Wait what? So what? I just need sleep" Sam responded, before noticing his soul was brown "WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?!" he yelled, poiting at the hearth that was his soul

15. PlayfulFox47

Lisa had a panicked expression on her face. "Have you ever studied mythology before? Remember the monsters? Well, in the stories, they have the power to force our souls out of our bodies. Sometimes the color of the soul changes when monster fights." She said. She chose the ACT option. She decided to complement Sir Chorobak.

16. Hungry Badass

"Ah uh, how do you want me to study that?! I'm thirteen i all i really do is play video games!" He said, now choosing the SPARE option

17. PlayfulFox47

Lisa knelt down, unzipped her bag, and pulled out another book. "Read this, it'll explain everything. Also, it says that you can't spare unless you run. And he has us blocked off." Lisa said, unimpressed. "When I was thirteen, I was reading The Hobbit. Great book by the way."

18. "Surprised you didn't I?" He'd laugh menacingly.
    Hundreds of eggs would launch out into the air, tumbling into the ground and hatching. Cute hens would emerge, eyes filled with bloodlust. They would seem relatively calm until they notice the brown SOULS. They screech with fury, dashing towards the humans, ready to implode. "Asgore will be so impressed with me! He'll have to let me be a Royal Butler!" He'd smirk, his beak glistening, probably from all the polish he uses. The small human with the books complemented Choro, calling his tuxedo stylish. "Why thank you! It's made of real wool I found in the dumpster!" He'd admire it to himself. "I would show you my collection, but er- I should really be taking your SOUL now..."
    He'd send a massive wave of wind hurling towards the humans. "SPARE? Me?" He'd laugh.
    "A gentlemen never SPARES!"

The wind would knock the humans into the air, though their souls would seem to grow tiny wings. They could only glide to avoid the incoming attacks. Eggs and hens would fly towards them, if they hit, they'd explode.

19. Victor raised an eyebrow and turned his eyes to a strange noise that appeared to have come from some kind of blue goo. "Now who the hell would leave something like that here?" He quietly asked himself before he noticed the slime appeared to move as if it were sentient. The red elf silently shrugged and turned to face it. "Hey there lil' guy, you here for some peace and quiet too?" He asked in a calm and friendly tone.

20. PlayfulFox47

Lisa narrowed her eyes and tried to dodge everything, but she was better at thinking than dodging. Once it was her turn she chose ACT again, but this time she chose to reason. "If you killed a young lady, you wouldn't really be a gentleman, would you? In fact, you would be a murderer!"

21. Hungry Badass

"Why, the, heck, am, i, doing,this" Sam said, getting hit a couple times, when he chose, he chise ACT "you don't need to attack us, WE HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING WRONG"

22. DevVoid

DevVoid Previously Deathstalker62

" Gaz, don't mine that way, I thought I told you that way lead to the r- " Oz couldn't finish his sentence as Gaz swung down his Shovaxe yet again, the wall infront of him caving in. He stepped out into the light as he cleared the rubble by moving them aside with the shovel head. Oz just sighed and followed, facepalming. Gaz took a few seconds to realize where he was. " OH! Now I remember! These are the ruins, aren't they? " He looked back, asking Oz. " Yes Gaz, these are the ruins. And now we have to repair that wall once we leave because you keep forgetting where the tunnels lead despite MINING IN THEM FOR YEARS! " Oz yammered, walking up to Gaz as the two looked around. Huh, what was that over there? Both walked around the corner to find.. wait, what? Were those humans fighting a Rooster? They've heard of Humans before, but only ever got the chance to see one in photographs and books. This was certainly strange indeed. Oz and Gaz split up, Oz walking back to the broken wall to repair it by lifting the stones back into place, as Gaz was walking just a bit closer to watch the battle going on. He didn't want to interrupt what was going on currently, so he just stuck his shovaxe into the ground infront of him and leaned his arms on it, watching.

23. The human girl was able to dodge most of his attacks, and to his surprise she didn't attack him back.
    Instead she exclaimed:
    "If you killed a young lady, you wouldn't really be a gentleman, would you? In fact, you would be a murderer!"

He'd widen his rooster eyes, his feathers shuttering with realization. His ATK would fall down to 3, though he wouldn't give up just yet. "That is true, m'lady," He'd prepare to launch another attack. "But a true gentleman always lives up to his word!"
    He'd send a massive egg hurling towards the two, this one was going to hurt if it hit them.

24. PlayfulFox47

Lisa's eyes widened as the egg came hurling towards them. She quickly flapped up to dodge out of the way, just in time. Any second longer and she would of be covered in egg, or exploded. It was her turn again and she chose ACT once more. She now understood what the 'question' option was for. She breathed in and chose that. "Why do you want to leave so badly that you would attempt to take our souls? I understand that all monsters wish to leave, but a gentleman like yourself must have want something so much, that you would sware that you would kill humans like us. Why is that?"

25. Choro held his hand out to generate his final attack, but the human asked him a question. He sighed upon hearing it, his massive egg that he was preparing disappeared into crumbles of egg shells. He slowly dropped down to the ground, his wings no longer creating wind to keep the humans above ground.
    "You see, long ago, before the monsters were imprisoned underground," He'd look at the ground, "My father was the greatest gentleman of all time. He would open every door and greet every newcomer! I looked up to him as a child, but he neglected me. My father told me I would never become a gentleman, so I promised him I would train vigorously to live up to the Chorobak name." He took out his book titled "15 easy steps to becoming a gentleman." Choro held the tattered book in his hands. "I trained endlessly, and once I felt I could show my father, and finally impress him..." He'd choke on his words. "He was trying to help a human, but they were scared of him, so, they killed him."

Choro adjusted his tie and cleared his throat. "You've shown me you're a true gentleman!" He'd bow.
    The souls of the humans returned to their normal colors. "I am in your debt, humans."

Chorobak is sparing you.

26. PlayfulFox47

Lisa was horrified at what happened to Choro's father. She selected SPARE and spared the poor chicken man. "Fear does silly things to humans, it is our driving force. That and a strong will to move forward. Both of those combined can change our future. For the better, or for the worst," she said after the battle finished for her. "I hope you understand what I mean."

27. Hungry Badass

Sam noticed his soul go back to normal, and now he was falling "yay" he said before landing headfirst, "yeah, what she said", he selected spare and the battle ended

#27 Hungry Badass, May 26, 2019
    Last edited: May 28, 2019
  28. ((Oh. My. Goodness. I missed about a hundred messages throughout my RPs because my alerts are apparently broken. Sorry guys...))

Azul was startled when a reddish creature appeared out of nowhere and asked him what he was doing there. They jumped up and ran to a door near a bush. Then they turned into a puddle and slipped underneath the door. They kept on running until they ran almost straight into a person walking towards the door that Azul had just come from. With a person behind and a person right in front, Azul backed up to a wall and began shuddering.

29. PlayfulFox47

Vixie looked behind her and saw the little blue slime. She had sympathy for it due to the fact it was reacting the same way around others as she did. "Aww, don't be afraid," she comforted, "I don't want to hurt you. Come on, I'll take you to my home in Snowdin. It's very nice and it's warm. I can make you something to eat if you wish. Just don't be scared." She hoped that would be enough, but she wasn't sure.

30. Victor slightly flinched at the slime's reaction before it slid into the ruins, he sighed and put his hands in his coat pockets with a half annoyed look on his face. "So much for a lil' company... must be one of those extra sensitive types." The red skinned elf said with a shrug before he heard his stomach rumble lightly, he looked at his watch before he decided to walk off. "Yeah, seems like a good time to eat, wonder what Snowdin's cooking." Victor said before he began to take what seemed like a long walk to Snowdin, but he didn't mind, if he could walk all the way from Waterfall to The Ruins, then a walk from the latter to Snowdin should be no problem at all... so long as it was nice and quiet.

31. Azul stopped shuddering. This person was speaking gently and not approaching them, so they felt safe for the moment. However, the tips of their ‘fingers’ were a darker blue and the rest of their body was paler in color.

32. "I think I do understand what you mean, humans are certainly strange creatures," Choro chuckled. "No offense, of course."

Choro adjusted his tie and attempted to straighten his ruffled feathers. "Well then, you may enter Miss Toriel's home." He stated calmly, his warm smile returning. Choro was about to hold the door open for the humans, but in the corner of his eye he spotted Gaz, the hardy miner of the underground. The exhausted rooster gave an exaggerated eye-roll. Choro didn't hate the two, but mining isn't exactly his favorite hobby. "If he is here, then surely his brother Oz is nearby..."

33. PlayfulFox47

"Choro, do you want to come with us?" Lisa asked. She didn't know why, but she really didn't want to just leave him here. She knew what it felt like to be alone. She felt it so many times at school. She was always quiet and only gave facts, never really expressed her feelings. The others hated that, so they mostly left her alone. She found enjoyment in books and pretended to be the heroes in the stories. This is what the heroes from her books would do, right? Ask their first would-be killer to join them with no consequences what-so-ever. She then realised how stupid her offer was. Hopefully, he didn't notice it.

34. DevVoid

DevVoid Previously Deathstalker62

Gaz, seeing that the fight was over, walked over to Oz. " Hey Oz, you got a gem on ya? I'm sure we could come in for some tea with the former Queen for our break! " He asked his brother, who turned away from having fixed the wall back to Gaz. Oz tossed Gaz his Shovaxe and checked his pockets, shortly taking out a small, thumb-sized emerald. " Well yes, I have this one. It's not as big as a normal emerald though. Why do you need the gem to take a small break in the house over there though, won't the queen just let you hang out as long as you promise not to harm or destroy anything? " Oz questioned his brother, who took his right hand and held it on his chin for a bit. "..oh yeah, you got a point, brother. But, toss me the gem anyway, I can sell it somewhere for extra value possibly. " Oz just shrugged and went with his brother to the front door of the house, tossing him the emerald which Gaz hid in his own pockets. Both shook the rocky dust and pebbles off of their clothes and waved at Choro. " G'day Choro. Who'se the small lads? " Both greeted him, Oz asking Choro while pointing at the Humans.

35. Choro held back tears, his lip quivering. "Really? I could come with you?" He'd bow in gratitude, then jump with excitement. "I've never had friends before, this'll be great!" He exclaimed loudly. Choro didn't talk to many monsters, but many of them know about him. He acts as an escort for any monsters in the Ruins, so his name is quite notorious.

Oz waved at Choro, then he pondered about the two humans beside him.
    "Greetings," He cleared this throat. "Why these are huma-" Choro stopped himself, then shook his head. "They're just two erhm- small monsters with pale skin!" He reassured. Choro's feathers were all ruffled from the battle, so he took a moment to tame them. Once his feathers were presentable, he knocked on the door, expecting Toriel to come within a few seconds. Choro and her were quite close, he usually walks with her around the Ruins, or he practices his gentleman routines with her. His knock echoed throughout the Ruins, and after a few moments, he peered through the glass. "It seems she isn't home..."

36. Azul was startled as a loud knocking sound filled the ruins, and they backed up quickly. Small droplets of blue slime rained towards Vixen. The would miss her unless she moved towards him...

37. Shadow_Pup

Shadow_Pup Previously LeBarrel42

Toran was at Grillby's, he was cleaning one of the tables whistling away. Grillby came out from the back and said "Toran, I need you to restock the booze and then finish cleaning the tables. After that clean the floor". He then started cleaning a glass. Toran moved out the back and brought more booze out before starting to place them on the shelves behind Grillby, once finished he returned to cleaning the tables, he had could reach the tables as his legs and arms made him nearly the height of an average man, despite being a toaster. He started to whistle again.

38. PlayfulFox47

"Should we just enter? I mean that would be pretty rude, but I'm pretty sure this is the only way out unless you know another." Lisa said, concerned. She was pretty sure most monsters would jump at the chance to kill them. Unless she was wrong. It seemed like humans did more wrongs if you counted all of the myths and legends.

Vixie looked at the blue slime. "It's ok! If someone attacks us I can make them run!"

Sly looked at his items and straightened his tie. He then picked up his cane and opened his shop for the day. "Now, where is Vixie? I swore I sent her on a supply run. If you want things done right just do it yourself." He sighed as she sat down at the front desk, waiting for the G.

39. Azul... nodded? That’s the closed thing someone would be able to think of to whatever the slime just did. This person had not made any sudden moves, and the slime could ‘feel it in his jellies’ That this person meant him no harm.

He glided towards her slowly and cautiously, and stopped a few feet away, and then cocked his head.

40. Mia was walking through the Ruins, making her way past puzzles. "Sheesh, why were these installed anyway? Not like anyone would cause harm here...." She thought, jumping over a small rock. She continued exploring, until she made it to Toriel's. She saw Choro, along with some others. "Humans...? Or are they monsters?" She hid behind a wall, watching the group.