• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join UnderMon Roleplay Thread

As Henry climbed the mountain, he shouted down to the other 6 trainers, “Come on, guys! You’re so slow.”
Upon running to the top of the mountain, he looked down and saw all of the other trainers just behind him. Then, he turned around and saw the ancient ruins at the top of the mountain that they had been traveling to reach. He suddenly felt much more secure that he was strong enough to leave the town and travel across the region, even without the starter Pokémon that the professors refused to give to their town. The ruins had many pillars, but most importantly, there was a circular area in between them all, and as Henry was looking around he saw it. There were 7 strange looking pokeballs on the ground, holding Litten, Fennekin, Turtwig, Chespin, Torchic, Froakie, Squirtle. Henry shouted down the mountain, “What!? Guys, come quick! There is something up here.”
He grabbed the Litten before they could choose so that nobody stole it from him.

Skylar heaved herself up the mountain, panting on her knees at the top. "You could be a little more patient, you know.." She sighed, walking over to him. She gasped, "Hey!" Crossing her arms, she frowned at the Pokeball, "But, I love Litten.." She eventually took the Fennekin, biting her lip. Skylar smiled, "Who wants to let these Pokemon out?" She got ready to throw out Fennekin, dying with anticipation of her starter.

Last edited:
Venus huffed as she finally reached the peak and joined the others that have finished the climb. She scoffed, "Can't help that I have short legs, you know!" She remarked. Before even noticing the pokeballs, she turned to face the village down below. She was amazed at how pretty the view was, but was more happy to prove those that doubted her wrong. "Those people are all below me, now. Literally!" She thought, humoring herself. She then turned her back to her old home and faced the ruins. She slowly took the time to analytically gaze at all the details of the place, as she has never seen anything like it before. The unknown was always fascinating to Venus, which is partially why she decided to climb the mountain in the first place. She saw the remaining pokeballs on the floor. On each ball was a name depicting what she could only assume was the name of the Pokemon inside. She was thrilled to see a ball for Chespin, which was always one of her favorite Pokemon. Could this be a coincidence? No, it had to be fate. She clutched her very first pokeball she has ever owned in her hands as she teased the others still climbing the mountain, "You guys are way too slow! If I can make it, you sure as hell can!" She exclaimed while smiling.

D

Deleted member 227971

Delphi nervously finished the last steps up the mountain. "You guys" She panted "Need to slow down..a little" As soon as she saw the Torchic ball, she immediately snatched it up and held it to her chest, sighing happily. "I'm going to name you Blaze" She whispered to it. The Pokeball seemed to wriggle with joy, making Delphi even more happy. She clicked the round button on it, releasing Blaze. Delphi stared in amazement, realising it was a shiny (@Pokéboy098 is this okay?) and placed Blaze on her shoulder. "Me and you, are going to be a great team." She whispered to him again. Blaze chirped and seemed to smile himself while hopping out of happiness. Delphi shouted down the mountain "SLOWCOACHES!" and blew a raspberry. This was going to be FUN!

Ivan slowly walked up to where Henry was and saw the strange pillars and the Pokeball, He was extremely confused. "Why would someone leave pokemon here.?" He questioned. He picked up the Pokeball with Turtwig in it and let the Turtwig out. "Aww, it's so cute!" He said Turtwig was one of his favorite pokemon from his favorite region. After looking at the strange ruins he started to get a bit scared, why where these ruins here in the first place, the walls were dusty and looked like they have been there for ages.

While he was thinking Alex sprinted past Ivan into the ruins and looked at the Pokeballs. "Cool, Pokemon." He said while picking up the Pokeball with a Squirtle in it. Alex looked at the dusty ruins and the pillars. "This place is awesome!" Alex yelled. He looked over the cliff to see his hometown far away. He was happy he got this far and felt the cool breeze blow past his face.

Henry was about to sit down, since he was very tired from his long run up, but suddenly the ground began to shake, and the circle surrounded by pillars seemed to open up underneath him, and before he could escape or even yell to the others to warn them, he fell screaming all the way down a deep hole.

D

Deleted member 227971

Delphi saw the floor disappear and instantly screeched. She summoned Blaze back into his Pokeball and closed her eyes, getting into a better position to fall in, so she didn't break her back or knees. 'This must feel like what it is to almost die then. I never should of followed those idiots...' Delphi opened her eyes, this drop seemed endless. It was getting almost pitch black! She looked around her hesitantly. Did everyone fall down? "Guys!? We all here!? I don't think we are going to survive this drop..."

Skylar screamed as the ground beneath her fell down, she had accidentally released Fennekin in the panic, and the Pokemon scrambled around, confused. "Get back in your Pokeball right now!" Fennekin shook its head, turning the other way. Skylar sighed, "I mean, if you really want to be injured.." It turned back to her with a squeal, happily going back into the ball.

On the ground, Skylar fell with a thud, quickly moving out of the way of her falling friends. She tried to get up, only realising the pain from the fall to the not very soft leaves on the floor. The back of her leg got a bit bruised, but she felt fine. She tried to jump back up the wall, but it was no use. "Guys? We're stuck.."

Henry landed softly on a pile of leaves at the bottom of the hole, right next to Skylar. Well, maybe not softly, but definitely softer than he had expected for such a long fall. It was pitch black, and he couldn’t see or hear anything, then Skylar’s voice rang out echoing throughout the cave and he responded with, “I’m here, but where exactly is here?”
Suddenly, he saw some sort of light in the corner. It looked a little like a golden flower with a face, but that couldn’t be right. He had certainly never heard of a Pokémon like that before. Whether it was a Pokémon or not, he sent out Litten, which shot ember at the probable grass-type, burning it, and then he threw a poke ball. He felt sure that it would catch, but the flower broke out and ran by digging underground. Unbeknownst to him, this flower was a legendary Pokémon of the underground region, Flowey.

Ivan heard the rumbling and tried to run, he was close to escaping the fall but unluckily he slipped and fell into the dark abyss below, he got Turtwig into his Pokeball a bit before he fell into the abyss, strangely he landed softly onto a small bed of golden flowers, he briefly saw the strange pokemon dig underground and leave a tiny hole. He quickly took out his phone and unluckily had no reception. "Ugh, I guess we're stuck now." He said while sighing heavily.

Alex almost fell on Ivan, he barely avoided him as he fell onto the flowers. He quickly got up and looked up at the hole he fell through. We weakly got up and looked at the scratches and cuts on his arms and legs. He groaned in frustration, "Guys, What are we going to do know?" He as he looked to the ground. Alex got his Squirtle into his Pokeball before he fell.

@Jakoboi You need to respond.

Henry replied to Ivan by saying, “Well, there must be a way out of here somehow. Can anyone make a light?”
His Pokémon answered his plea, cheerfully lighting an ember. The chamber they were in lit up, revealing that it was indeed a chamber of some sort of extension to the ancient ruins up above. And, in front of them lay an open door. So, Henry said, “Well, I guess this is the only way forward.”

Skylar nodded, "Maybe if we go far enough, there'll be a way out!" Fennekin popped out of its pokeball without notice, running up to the door and impatiently awaiting somebody to open it. "My Pokemon is.. very impatient." She sighed, opening the door to a purple room with several buttons on the ground. "A puzzle?" She groaned, "I don't like puzzles.." She wasn't the most smart minded person, she lacked in that area. A switch was on the wall, and she tried pulling it, but it wouldn't budge. "Maybe we have to do something with these buttons before this next door opens?" Fennekin jumped around on them a bit, only resulting in total silence. "Fennekin, I don't think that's how you do it.."

(If I've said the wrong place, I'll change this post, I just thought the door would lead here like in the game, correct me if I'm wrong)

Litten ran up to fennekin, who was right next to the buttons and began doing it as well. Following, Henry entered the next room, with all of the buttons and the switch. “This looks like a complicated puzzle...” Henry said, “I wish I had an answer key. Maybe one of the Pokémon around here knows about it. I know there are some, because I already saw one.

Suddenly out of the shadows hopped a Froggit, which Henry immediately turned to face, saying, “Finally, a wild Pokémon, but I’ve never seen that one before. There’s no way we could have discovered a new species. I wish I had a Pokédex!!!” Froggit seemed to be a bug type move user, since it released bugs upon its enemies, and such Litten shot ember at it followed up with a pokeball, which caught it instantly.

Releasing Froggit, Henry wondered if it knew how to get through the puzzle. Sure enough, Froggit solved the puzzle for him by hopping on the right button, but could not reach the lever, instead standing under it. Henry flipped the switch and they were on to the next room, which seemed to have only three switches.

D

Deleted member 227971

Delphi sighed softly and advanced to the next room. She let Blaze out his pokeball again as the shiny torchic chirped. Delphi looked at the levers. “Puzzle, huh? Well...” The girl pulled the left and right levers and tilted her head nonchalantly. Blaze jumped onto her shoulder and tilted his head too. “What on earth...? There has to be a systematic solution to this..”

(Sorry about the short post)

"Look, there's arrows pointing to one of them!" Skylar said after advancing to the next room. Fennekin dipped a paw into the water under the short bridge, instantly jumping back into another Froggit. "Fennekin, Tail Whip! Lower its stats!" The stats were successfully lowered. "Fennekin, Scratch until it's done!" It also successfully defeated the Froggit, jumping in delight. Skylar pushed down the switch, "There we go, we can go through again!" She walked over the previously blocked area, into another room with a dummy. It looked old and shaggy. She poked it, "How long's that been there.." She murmured.

OOC: It would have taken way too long to go through the entire ruins.

“I don’t know,” Said Henry to his companion whilst poking the dummy, but when it practically squirted out dust into his face he said, “But it must have been a very long time!”
Ahead of them laid another open door, so he went ahead into a long hall with many bridges over little streams. He continued walking and eventually exited the ruins.

Outside, there was what looked like a person. They were covered in shadow, but when they turned around, Henry freaked out and screamed. They were a skeleton! Sans immediately saw Froggit trapped in a ball and said, “It is a nice day outside, isn’t it? That enslaved monster stuck on your belt would probably love to see it.”

Skylar followed Henry outside the ruins, screaming as the skeleton turned to the group. She tripped on her own feet and fell straight to the floor, "Please.. don't do that again.." She sighed, getting back up and slowly approaching Sans, "What are you supposed to be? Some sort of Halloween trick?" She looked around, "And where are we? This is just a stupid snowing forest!" She held out her empty Fennekin Pokeball, "And it's supposed to be in there, it's a Pokemon, don't you know that?" Fennekin bounded over, stopping in front of the skeleton. "Those frogs are weak, Fennekin easily beat a wild one!" Fennekin gulped, stepping behind Skylar.

Venus wasn't prepared for the sudden collapse of the ground below her. Upon freefalling into the dark abyss, confusion and fright both rushed throughout through her entire body. She felt like screaming, but she couldn't muster a sound, everything was pitch black there was no possible way for her to gather her surroundings. All she could do was close her eyes and brace for impact, however it felt as if her falling was endless, she soon heard the screams of the others fade away. It was as if she was now truly alone, "Am I already dead?" She thought, "What is happening!?" She couldn't handle the suspense of falling anymore, and so, she fainted. Her grip on her pokeball loosened as her head lay limp.

And then there was light. She came to, and at first thought she was dreaming, but after looking at her surroundings, she was sure that she was now in a completely unfamiliar place. The entire lighting was dim with a faint pinkish glow, she inspected the walls which appeared to be eroded bricks of what looked like some sort of old temple, she figured as such based on the pillars and foreign inscriptions on the walls. And the only sound she heard was the current of a nearby stream of azure water. She looked right beside her, there was her pokeball. Venus now began to question just how she arrived at this location. How did she land here? Where were the others? Why wasn't she dead? "There had to be some reason, there's always a reason." She thought. Her thoughts soon turned rather optimistic upon coming towards an epiphany: everyone had doubted that she would amount to anything as a researcher, and now here she was in a completely new and undiscovered environment, this place was full of research material! If she could record her findings and come back to her home with proof, she would become a legend. In her small backpack was a notebook which she was originally going to use to sketch the view from the mountain top, but it would now be used to catalog all of the new things she encountered. She released her Chespin from its ball to have him follow her and get to know her better, the little pokemon was naïve but instinctually loyal and followed Venus through the ruins.

Venus enjoyed carefully observing and marking down all of the "pokemon" she saw in the ruins. She saw a group of friendly two-faced frogs, an amphoras slime blob that seemed to enjoy dancing, and a tiny goblin that liked to harass others. She caught a glimpse of one pokemon, presumably a bug, fly by. She was attempting to approach it but it began to flee, Venus was not giving up on this pokemon! She chased it through a dark hallway surrounded by pillars and cornered it against a gate. All the bug could do now was whimper in fear as it expected to be brought harm. Feeling pity, Venus sent Chespin over to hug and console the whimpering bug. The bug looked shocked at first, as if it had never been comforted before in its life, it than began to smile but still with a trace of anxiety on its face. He buzzed his way into Venus's backpack and touched one of the pokeballs, putting himself in her ownership. "Well that was interesting" She thought. She curiously opened the large gate to find a sudden change in scenery, it was snowing! Underground?! On closer inspection she found her friends conversing with a couple of figures in the distance, she couldn't quite make out the pale individuals. "Finally I found you guys! What is this place?" She asked with relief of finally finding them.

D

Deleted member 227971

Delphi looked at Sans, puzzled, then turned around, muttering “Crazy guy...” She continued to look around all the Monsters leaping about, before her gaze settled on a Vegetoid near a rock. Torchic chirped quietly and jumped down from her shoulder. “Torchic, use ember!” She said. The Vegetoid saw nothing coming and was on low HP now, so Delphi threw a ball at it and successfully caught the weird monster. The ball shook once before stopping as Delphi put it in her pocket. “There goes another one” said Sans “You should really let those poor monsters out, you know?”

Last edited by a moderator:
Ivan went into the purple room and sometimes saw some pokemon but he didn't catch anything, Later he let his Turtwig out for some fresh air. He walked past already solved puzzles and some bridges and eventually got out of the ruins into a snowy forest. "We are in a mountain, how is it snowing?" He pondered. Then he found his friends talking with some people in the distance. "Guys, who are you talking to-" Ivan cut himself when he saw the figure. He didn't even try talking to him, Ivan and his Turtwig just went past him, Extremely scared.

Alex quickly followed Ivan but bumped into a monster who flew into to him and tried to get away, "Hey wait up!" Alex tried to tell the creature but It just kept flying faster. Eventually, the monster flew into an already opened door while Alex followed. When he went through the door he saw the creature fly away. He gave up the chase when he saw his friends.

"Venus!" Skylar waved, "Well, we're in a mountain, duh!" She said as a joke. Sans spoke again, "Snowdin, for your information." She tilted her head, "What's a Snowdin?" Sans looked behind him, "Our home." A massive path was behind the skeleton, and Skylar thought maybe they should explore it. "Can we see 'your home'?" Sans nodded, "Follow me, humans!" Fennekin trotted ahead of the skeleton, running into a fight with an Ice Cap. "Aww, look at you, little cutey!" It turned to look at her,
"I just looooove my hat. OK?"
Skylar looked at it, confused. Sans looked at the girl with a slightly hopeful face, and she let the Ice Cap run away. "I gotta agree, there is something to those lil guys." Sans said, still leading the way forward.

When they arrived at Sans’ home, he said, “This is my home. My brother Papyrus will probably be in there, and he will hate you even more than I do for capturing innocent monsters in tennis balls.”
For that reason, Henry didn’t actually get a chance to go inside, because it seemed that Papyrus had sensed he was out there. The skeleton had burst out of the house and yelled, “EVIL HUMANS! PREPARE TO BE DESTROYED!”
The skeleton called upon his allies, a small army of 6 icecaps. All Henry could do was send out his Froggit and his Litten for a 2 against 6 battle. They fought hard, but it wasn’t working well. “Guys! Please help!”

Skylar sighed, "But.. they're so cuuuuute!" She chuckled at the site of Papyrus, "It's a wannabe hero skeleton?!" Fennekin jumped ahead, standing beside Litten to help with the army of Ice Cap. "Fennekin, Scratch!" And.. "Fennekin, Tail Whip!" Were repeated a number of times until one Ice Cap was taken out after obsessing over its hat too much. Skylar slowly got out a Pokeball, "Hm.." She quickly threw it at one of the Ice Cap, and then there were only 4. Papyrus shrieked, "I will defeat you, humans!!" The Ice Cap in the Pokeball sat comfortably on a belt on Skylar's waist until it was to come out again.

Ivan quickly sent out his Turtwig, "Turtwig use Tackle!" He yelled. His Turtwig quickly responded by bashing one of the Ice Caps, Turtwig bashed the Ice Cap one last time and it fell onto the floor. He sighed and asked, "Papyrus why are you attacking us, this is stupid!" Papyrus ignored Ivan's question.

Alex sent out his Squirtle, "Squirtle use Water Gun!" He yelled. Squirtle sent a blast of water came out of the Squirtle's mouth, at the same time, an ice beam came out of closest Ice Cap near his mouth, The two beams collided and Squirtle was quickly overpowered by the Ice Cap's Ice Beam. The Squirtle was quickly pushed into the snow. "Alright... Use Tail Whip a few times!" Alex yelled. The Squirtle got up and used Tail Whip a few times. The Ice Cap was a bit dizzy and used another ice beam, so Squirtle did another Water Beam and overpowered the Ice Cap, knocking it out. Alex was a bit sweaty.

Litten quickly melted an Ice Cap’s hat, causing it to run away because it was sad. This left two ice caps. Froggit’s attacks did nothing substantial, and it wasn’t looking good for them. Then, an explosion rang out in Sans’ favorite place in Snowdin Town, Grillby’s. Sans immediately ran to the site, and Papyrus followed him.

Henry decided to follow too, returning his Pokémon, and saw what looked like a strange Pokémon trainer, who almost appeared to be glowing. In front of him stood another army of monsters, mostly snow monsters, and largely comprised of Snowbirds. The local tavern was in ruins, and the strange trainer said, “My nameth is Rouxls Kaard, and I amest thou hero of thy underground, whomest shalt freest thou fromst thiseth prison. Heareth me today whenest I sayeth that therest are humans amongst thou, whom I shalt destroyeth in orderest to acquireth their souls and breaketh the barrier that hath trappedeth thou herest.”

Henry wasn’t really paying attention to the old times speak, and all he saw was a ton of wild and undiscovered Pokémon ready to be caught, so he threw a ball at one of the Snowbirds immediately, which angered Rouxls Kaard greatly, who immediately ordered his army to get them. Sans grabbed Henry and Papyrus and yelled to his friends to run back to their house, which was safe. Once back in the house, he said, “I hate you for capturing innocent monsters, but killing you is too much, even to be free from the underground. All I want you to do is release them.”

Venus wasn't super interested in trying to battle or catch an Ice Cap herself, she was much more content with observing how each one was behaving in response to each trainer, she was rather amused to see such cute creatures look so pitiable yet hilarious. She recorded all her data on the pokemon in her notebook which she deemed as her own kind of pokedex. She was rather freaked out upon seeing that there were living skeletons that had the ability to talk, "Geez, I must really be dead, then." She thought. While being escorted to Sans's house she took the time to carefully record all the new pokemon she could find. She ended up spotting a unique pokemon that was gliding singularly around the edge of the cliff. Because of its apparent rarity, Venus decided out of all pokemon in Snowdin, Glyde was going to join her party. She ditched the group in order to pursue her attempted capture. It swooped down and with a large grin, used a wing attack and nearly knocked out her Chespin. She knew that if Chespin couldn't fight, there was no way that Whimsun stood any chance. "There has to be some way I can tame this thing!" She thought, before seeing it do a flip midair. She was confused at first and stood in silence, why would this creature hurt her pokemon and then proceed to try and impress her? Glyde responded to her silence, "Eh? You forgot to clap!" Venus had slowly grown accustomed to the fact that pokemon in this world have the ability to talk, but it still freaked her out that this one in particular was talking directly to her. It was as if she was participating in this battle instead of her pokemon, which was true as Glyde began to unleash a barrage of star shaped gusts of wind directed right towards Venus. She scrambled as she did her best to swerve through the open spaces between the projectiles, one managed to hit her and forcibly knocked her right off her feet and onto the ground. Once again she was speechless, surprised that Glyde was now attacking her. Glyde displayed an eager look awaiting a response from Venus before frowning and whining, "HELLO?? I'M RIGHT HERE!!!" He began to attack once more except this time the bursts of wind began to explode and dissipate into smaller gusts of wind. Venus's perseverance in an effort to catch the dang pokemon prevented her from wanting to flee, she widened her stance to try and take the small bursts of wind. this time, she wasn't pushed around, but the small bursts of wind felt like sharp needles and gave her bruises on her skin as they hurt her. Venus figured that Glyde was expecting her to do something. She began to clap maniacally and cheered loudly right in front of him, "Great job! That was really cool!" She felt stupid talking to a pokemon but Glyde was appearing to be flattered. "Ok! I rule. I admit it." He said pridefully unleashing significantly less projectiles at much less speed, it was as if he didn't even want to harm Venus, but just wanted her praise. Venus responded with a holler and loud whistling, Glyde was beginning to feel more pretentious, "Wow. Check out my pecs!" It said smugly while doing flips in the air, it didn't even attack anymore which gave Venus an inclination to try and catch it. She threw a pokeball, it enveloped the pokemon and shook three times before clicking, indicating that he had been caught. "Wow, I caught a pokemon just by talking to it! Crazy!" She excitedly thought to herself. She began to ride on Glyde's back to catch up with the others, just before they got into the house.

Skylar jumped, “Woah! That was loud!” As they ran to check out the explosion, she was already being told to run. It looked pretty dangerous, so she took Fennekin into a Pokeball and ran to the house. She panted, “T-thanks.. Sans..” She sighed, “This day is so weird..” She let Ice Cap out of its Pokeball, “Hey lil-“ The Ice Cap’s hat started melting, and it was running around in panic. Skylar quickly put it back in a Pokeball, “I would let it out, but it’s kind of warm in here.”