• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Under New Management!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex

Resident Furry
Okay, time to jolt this back to life finally. Sem has turned control of this RP over to me, and RX and I have decided to split control of the RP between the two of us. So, once again, I'd like anyone interested in Charming Town to post so here.

We're taking eight applications. These are split into two groups. The first four applications are open to the first four people who post. The other four are reserved, at least for now, to people from the original RP and those that expressed interest when Sem tried to revive it. Let's worth together and get this RP back on its feet.

Please note, that anytime we are full, you can still post interest. You will be added to the reserve list and when a post opens you will be contacted.

Accepted RPers:
Old Blood:
- Dwayna Dragonfire
- Mr. RMA
- Linkachu

Fresh Blood:
- Teapot
- DragonianKing87

Reserved List:
- SirRed

Just a quick note (and my official 'count me in' post). We may have to reset the game and go back to day 1. Considering we didn't have that many developments last time, this shouldn't be too much trouble. Besides that, it'll be easier for newbies, if any, to get into the game.

Rex and I are also going over possible additions to 'gameplay' as the lack of money and thus, means to do much of anything was an issue in the last game.

Badoom.

I'll be joining, as my glorious Combusken Self.

Expect large holes in posting times, but if that's too much of a problem, I won't join. I'd prefer if I could, but yeah.

Put me on the reserved list for when I'm able to join or something if needed.

Charming Town is a Real Time RP, much like the Animal Crossing games. To put it simply, every hour you don't spend in Charming town means that you aren't in Charming town, or as you would appear in the RP, asleep in your house. You'd also have to stick around to finish interactions for the day. So if you struck up a conversation with another RPer, you have to continue that conversation until it reaches it's conclusion. This would also apply for any tasks and actions you are doing atm.

On this note, Rex and I will be working on a policy for inactive posters; And possibly, to change the time frame of Charming town, as I've noticed a lot of the interactions, due to irl timezones occur at odd times of the day.

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
Glad to see that this is finally starting to come back. Never lost interest since it started. Count me back in as well!

If we are reseting back to Day 1, I'd love to join! I'd be RPing as myself, Christopher the Charizard. Hope it's ok!

Yaas I was so sad when I couldn't join when it first started, I'd love to join! Finally I can use the new Pansage me ^^

Rex

Resident Furry
Blazi, I'm not sure that you can keep up with the amount of demand this RP is going to place on the people that join. As RX said, this is an RP run in Real Time, just like Animal Crossing is. Because of this, I've not included you in the list of RPers for now. If there comes a time that you can devote real time to an RP, then tell me or RX, and we'll put you on the reserved list.

Weeds, Luckii, Dwayna, and RMA, you're in.

Hooray!

Also, when will this start? If it could begin during the next week, that would be great, as it is a half-term holiday for schoolkids here in England, so I can devote plenty of time towards the RP.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Awesome. Just know that my baby takes priority. :p

I have a suggestion for the 'lack of money' problem: Start everyone off with 1000 Bells or so, like in the first Animal Crossing game. Let them spend it on whatever they want like tools and such. from that point on, they can earn their bells from whatever they pick up.

Rex

Resident Furry
The RP starts when we fill all our spots and also work out how everything is going to be done.

Dwayna, RX and I were indeed talking about doing that.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Because I want to prove Sem wrong:

Count me in. I'm Petey the Porygon-Z, of course.

Rex

Resident Furry
Data is, of course, in. DragonianKing, you're in as well, but RX and I both are going to expect good quality posts out of you, alright?

Also, as now, we are no longer accepting new people into the RP. Fear not, however, and continue to post your interest here in this topic. You will be added to the list of reserved spaces, and if a time comes that a space is available, you will be PMed by myself or RX with the news.

Rex

Resident Furry
You've got to RP as some version of yourself. It can be a Pokemon version of the real you, or a persona you've made for the forums or chat. No original characters. As long as this Lucario is one of those three things and not a character of yours, go ahead.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I don't think I'll be taking part in this now (maybe later if a new spot opens up). But if RX isn't around and you need help editing topics and whatnot Rex, let me know and I'll assist as best as possible.

I'm also an Animal Crossing junkie, so I'm pretty good to help with actual game details and such too. x3

We may have to reset the game and go back to day 1. Considering we didn't have that many developments last time, this shouldn't be too much trouble. Besides that, it'll be easier for newbies, if any, to get into the game.

Resetting the game is probably a good idea, but I don't want to see any towns people topics/interactions deleted. If you guys do decide to restart, let me know in advance so I can create an archive and move all of the necessary topics and posts.

Rex

Resident Furry
Sad that you won't be joining us Katie, we'd love to have you. There are still two spots left if you want to reconsider.

RX and I have decided that we will indeed be resetting to day one, and we've gone through and decided what we can keep and what needs to go. I think we will indeed need an archieve created. If I can, I'll query you in chat with all the details. Or I can just PM the list I gave RX to you as well, after editing in his revisions. Which ever works best.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Rex said:
Sad that you won't be joining us Katie, we'd love to have you. There are still two spots left if you want to reconsider.

The one and only reason I won't be joining is upcoming life stuff keeping me busy, otherwise I'd join this in a heartbeat. Keep me on a waiting list if the project never gets filled or someone drops out. :)

Edit: The Archive board has been created.

RX can either move the necessary threads himself, or I can. That board can also be used in the future whenever someone "leaves the town" (aka. quits the RP). That'll keep the main board fresh and not confuse dead members with active members.

Rex

Resident Furry
Thank you Katie. I'll be sure to contact you first thing if we ever need more people.

Rex

Resident Furry
Introduction to Pokemon Crossing

Hey guys, and welcome to Charming. First of all I want to thank everyone who's showing interest in this little project.

So, the first thing you're probably wondering is "How is this even going to work?" To sum it up as clearly as possible, it'll pretty much like playing the actual game, except you're controlling your character through actions. You also have a bunch of actual people-controlled characters to interact with, instead of the crummy AIs.

**Updated Map to be Added**
Getting Started:
Basically the first thing you're going to do is make your own topic. This topic will be like your save file - everything you do in your house and outside will be put in that topic. Every single building will have its own topic, which you will have to go post in in order to do something inside that building.

Your topic's title should be your name. That's all. If you want to visit with another character simply post in their topic and start an interaction with them.

We will be starting fresh in this RP. You will arrive on the bus. Maps will be given to your character if they go into the town gate, but obviously your character may not be aware of this so you can have them wandering around without a map and getting lost if you wish. You will make your way to the post office, where Pipper or Pepper will greet and give your character instructions to go pick a house.

All of you have selected a location on the map for your house. Go to said location and you'll meet up with Don Nick, the local shop owner. Here begins your life of pain and misery. Once the house is officially yours, you're pretty much free to do as you like, though you won't be able to buy or sell anything until you start doing several odd jobs for Nick. These will have their own topic, which you can view at your leisure and complete.

As you can see it pretty much plays out like the beginning of any Animal Crossing game. The goal of the RP is to settle in and start getting to work on prettifying the town, which is currently ugly as all get out. And of course, the other goal is to make friends and/or mess with each other as much as we can.

There are several topics to check out, so be sure to read all of them, especially stickies in the Bulletin Board.

Regarding the fact that we're Pokemon:
Even though we're Pokemon, we're not going to be using attacks for any purpose at all. There can references to a Pokemon's individual quirks, but aside from that we're pretty much trying to be as useless as possible.

Regarding bells and your inventory:
It's a good idea, for the purposes of this RP, for each of you to keep track of your bell balance as well as what items you have in your house/inventory through Village Inventories. After your first day in town you can pretty much find your own means to make money and buy items to add to your abode, so I trust you will play fair and be honest about how much bells you earn and the rarity of your items. Remember, a fair amount of the RP relies on you being an honest and fair player.

---

And just a quick FYI. When ever going into one of the shops or the the museum or /any/ building, please put a timestamp at the beginning of your post, and please put a link to it in your main thread.

Attention Duelists!

PokeCross2Map.png

housecolors.png

We have a new town map!​

The houses already on the map belong to:
Black: Rex
Orange: RX/Ren
Purple: Special NPC house

Please use the icons provided to designate the location of your house in the town. Also please remember to save the updated map in a png format. If you do not have the means to edit the picture, please let me know and I will personally add the houses for you.

THE RED ICON IS MIIIIIIIIIIIINE~

v5v7f9.png

That is where I shall live.

Also, what type of fruit trees are we having?

Mr.RMA

Houses.png

Here's where I'd like to be. Going with the old "Ain't broke don't fix it" way of things. Same color, same place.

Luckii said:
Also, what type of fruit trees are we having?

We'll have apple trees this time. Figured it'd be symbolic considering apples are a staple in a Pokemon's diet (at least in PMD)

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
charmingtownmap.png

Dibs on the pink/lavender/girly icon, and I'm putting it in the bottom left.

Rex

Resident Furry
Right, now that we have all the houses down, RX will be stringing them all together into a pretty map for us. In the meantime...

RX and I have decided that Charming Town is going to work a lot more like Charming Mafia when it comes to time. Each day IRL is equivalent to twelve hours in the RP. During one day, the RP would take place during the daytime hours, and the next day would be devoted to the nighttime hours. The third day it would switch back to the daytime hours, and so on and so forth. If everyone is okay with this, and after RX gets us the map, we should be good to go.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
I think I would prefer that system for time, honestly. More time to post what would go on during the day, less worrying about finishing things on a minute to minute basis.

Mr.RMA

Completely agree with this one. It would definitely make interacting with other characters easier to accomplish and more convenient. Also, it would eliminate having to make excuses for me rarely if ever leaving my house until nightfall, which happened more often than not last time if I recall.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Definitely a good idea when so many people live in different timezones. I think even with my busy schedule I'd be able to work with that sort of system much better than the previous system.

Is there still room in this for an additional towns person?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Cool, thanks. :D

And so you're not waiting on me, I'll take the spot where the light blue house is. ^^

light-blue-house.png

Rex

Resident Furry
MY HAIR SAYS WE ARE READY TO GO
The Weather Forecast for this week is up. We are starting on November 23nd, Wednesday. It will be the day hours first, 6am-6pm. We're going by GMT to keep track of the days. Thus, it is already Wednesday! Sorry for the lack of a proper update, but you guys have 20 left to post while the sun is up in RP time.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Just to clarify, at midnight GMT the "day" will end and we'll start the night half?

Rex

Resident Furry
Yes. At midnight GMT, we will switch over from 6am-6pm, to 6pm to 6am, the Night half.

---

An announcement. Weeds and Luckii have dropped out of the RP. This means that their places in the RP are up for grabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.