• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Una Aventura En Nita (A Fanmade Region RP)

"Why, poison, of course!" Bakarne answered, "She's been in love with the type since forever. But her Iveon has an ability that you can't find elsewhere in the pokemon world, and that's chemistry. Using a poison type attack actually heals her a bit."

Slurpuff pouted, but remained cordial with Espeon this time. She went to gather flowers for Bakarne, in the hopes he'd find aomething to do with them later.

"Only iveon, the eeveelution native to this region can have that ability," he explained, "It's not known to exist in any other species!"

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
"Then that's perfect! I have a clear advantage over Beatrice thanks to Espeon." Nova said to Bakarne, "Espeon has good moves when up against many types."

Espeon tilted her head and followed Slurpuff, unsure for what the fairy type was doing.

Chimchar crawled onto Nova's shoulder and smirked, confident in himself and Espeon.

"We will win this gym battle. We will become Nita champions. I have hope in our abilities." She muttered.

"Great! And I'll become the greatest pastry chef the world has ever seen!" Bakarne answered, "A flavour from every part of Nita...That's where I'll begin!"

Slurpuff returned momentarily to Bakarne's side, presenting him with a big bunch of Rappacini flowers.

"Thanks, Slurpuff," he said gratefully, "I'm sure I can whip up something delightful with these!"

SaiyanDakon

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go fulfill our dreams!" Nova said, excited.

Espeon ran from behind Slurpuff and to Nova, who was turning to find the gym.

"All right...the gym should be close. I just know it." She muttered. Nova started remembering battles with Glacier back in Unova and clenched her hand into a fist. "I will surpass you...no matter what." She said, not realizing she spoke out loud.

(I keep missing notifications...)

Lola spaced out for a minute, before realizing she was all alone in the field.

"Oh...how disappointing..." she said, as she held onto her books, and walked back into town.

As Lola dashed back into Rappacini Town, she made sure that her new Pokeball was still in her bag, securing her new Pokemon. Sure enough, it was, and she smiled, pleased, before pushing her glasses up a little more.

"I wonder what I can do here..." Lola thought aloud, before hearing a slight grumble in her stomach. "I guess I should eat first. I'm sure Pansage is just as hungry as I am."

(Note: Beatrice is an NPC, so anyone can control her. She's extremely uppity, and quite fond of tea)

"Hm? What was that?" Bakarne commented, as they entered the gym. Rappacini Village's gym was built like a fairytale garden, with plush grass, and foxgloves, and perfectly pruned rosebushes all over the gym.

Right in the middle, sitting at an ornate table was a woman in a long green dress, reminiscent of something a Nitan noble lady might have worn long ago. She sat, stirring a heaped teaspoon of sugar into her tea.

SaiyanDakon

"Oh. I didn't know I wax speaking out loud. I mainly keep myself motivated like how my brother, Glacier, does and I hope that I can beat him." Nova answered before gazing at the interior of the gym. She was astonished at how beautiful it is.

Espeon and Chimchar looked around too until they noticed a woman in a chair.

"Is that the gym leader?" Nova asked.

"Yup, that's her. Beatrice is her name," Bakarne confirmed, "Well, aren't you gonna ask her to battle?"

He, meanwhile, was thinking of what he could make with the flowers. They were very sweet on their own, and went great in tea...But floral tea went great with pecha berry tarts...

SaiyanDakon

Nova nodded and stepped forward. "Beatrice! I challenge you to a gym battle" She exclaimed.

Beatrice looked up from her tea and got up from your chair. "Very Well...after my tea of course." She said calmly.

Nova couldn't believe what she was hearing. She had to WAIT for a gym battle. "Very Well."

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Nick finally reached Rappacini Town and sighed. Luckily he took a train to this town after he passed his first City, but he was annoyed that he had to wait for so long. "Man, this town is too colorful. Like can't we have maybe at least, a bit of dead things? Or less flowers? Whatever, at least this place has a gym leader that will actually allow me to challenge the gym. That Camila person said I was too "inexperienced." Let's go people," he told his Pokémon, which was now more experienced. Nick also had another Pokémon he caught near Hielo City. That was his wild card. He reached the gym and was annoyed by the fact two people got there before him. "Hey, lady. Beatrice, right? I get that you have to fight this guy, but can you give me some coffee while I wait? It's similar to tea so I think you would have it," he told her.

"That's Beatrice alright," Bakarne remarked. Marie hadn't been wrong when she'd said that she put her tea above everything else, even her job...Not that it mattered, he had a recipe to think of.

Beatrice coughed discreetly, downing some of her cupful, before speaking to the trainer who'd so rudely interrupted her and her current challenger. "Don't you know that it's improper to make such demands from a lady, especially when I'm busy dealing with a challenger?" she began, "I'd have hoped that you'd at least mind your manners in my gym!"

SaiyanDakon

Nova looked over at the new challenger. "If you would nicely move along...I'd like to get prepared for my match with Miss Beatrice." She said, a little harshly.

Espeon and Chimchar glared at the stranger and were already prepared to attack.

Lola decided that maybe she could find somewhere to eat. So she walked along, with the books in her hand, and then she noticed the gym, but she didn't know it was the gym. In fact, the beautiful smell of flowers, and beautiful outdoor looks, she thought it was a restaurant. So she took out her Pokeball, pressed the button on top, and Pansage appeared in front of her.

"Ready to eat buddy?" Lola asked the monkey.

Pansage nodded in excitement, as it walked next to Lola, who walked inside. But when she got in, she realized it was a gym. The inside still shown with brightness, though. Lola was a bit surprised to see a battle going on, and she didn't know anyone there. That is, until she saw Bakarne.

"Oh, hi Bakarne!" Lola said, giving a close eyed smile, and a small finger wave.

Then Lola looked at Pansage, who was complaining about his hunger.

"Now now, Pansage, it isn't nice to complain." she said, looking down at Pansage a little sternly.

She walked up to Bakarne, a little nervously.

"I hope I'm not disturbing you, but I was wondering if you knew a good restaurant around here?" Lola asked in a quiet sort of voice, hoping not to disturb anyone.

Bakarne and Slurpuff jumped a mile, but relaxed when they realised that it was only Lola, from before. She still had her pansage with her, so he assumed that she was either here to battle, or go on to compete in a showcase ir contest.

"The most famous place around here is the Flores Teahouse!" Bakarne said proudly, "They have special varieties of meriendas, and they're the only place in the world that serves Rappacini Tarta Santiago!"

"Ooh! Sounds good! I'll have to take a trip there. But I think I'll watch the competitors battle first. It would be good experience, and would give me and Pansage good tips for weakening and capturing Pokemon!" Lola said, as she joyfully walked over to a bench with Pansage.

"Y'know, I was actually gonna go there myself, after the battle," Bakarne replied, "If I'm gonna be a master pastry chef, I have to know about the best flavours from every corner of Nita! Bit for now, I need some time to think, so I'm gonna watch the battle, while I try to think of a new recipe..."

Having gotten the sweet edible flowers from Rappacini Meadow, Bakarne now faced the task of deciding what to do with them. Light and sweet, they were best treated like floral tea...And berries and melon went great with floral tea..."

"Oh, well I hope you don't mind if we join you." Lola said, as she put her hands on her skirt, and smiled at him.

She set her books in her satchel, and pet Pansage, hoping he would be ready to take some notes on how each Pokemon affected each other.

"Don't mind at all," he answered, working feverishly on a tatty notebook, "Let's see...Berries and melon go with floral teas, and Rappacini flowers are light and sweet..."

He tailed off into a long tangent, noting down every recipe he thought would work...

Kai woke up one morning rubbing his head to fix his hair at the back, his orange hair was very messy after he slept. Murkrow flew onto Kai and squawked waking him up fully.
"Ahhhg okay Murkrow let me have some breakfast first!" Kai roared in a bad morning mood at his companion. A whiff of waffles came into his room as he rolled out of bed.
"Even after we moved to Nita you can't keep waffles away from me huh?" Kai asked his mum from the top of the stairs, she chuckled.
"Just come and eat your breakfast." She grinned, Kai's younger sister Venus tempted her brother
"It's great!" Eventually Kai came down and pour a mountain of maple syrup on his pile of waffles. He could tell it was a lot of sugar for breakfast but he needed the enegery for today was his 10th birthday!

After breakfast Kai almost went straight out the door when his mother reminded him to get changed...finally he zipped up his blue jacket and rushed out the door before anyone could say goodbye and caught his train to Rappacini town!
"Today's gonna be great! I can feel it." Kai said before turning to Murkrow.
"Mur!" Murkrow roared throwing his wings up high. And so they arrived....

Hugo Cortez, made his way through Rappachi Town feeling the warm sun beat down on his back. This was a beautiful day, and both Hugo and his Pokemon Partner, Jules, who was lounging on Hugo’s shoulder, were throughly enjoying it. After a great deal of mindless wandering, they came upon their first destination.

“I guess we should go ahead and schedule for a gym battle. We can see if we can get it tomorrow afternoon. So we have time to prepare ahead of time. Maybe we can see a battle or two to learn how Ms. Beatrice battles.” Hugo explained to Jules as they both stared at the entrance to the gym. On paper this idea, seemed almost full proof. But of course, Hugo was nervous, even if he wasn’t battling today. Taking a deep breath, he stepped through the front doors and entered the gym.

The internal decor of the gym was vibrant in Hugo’s eyes. Beautiful plants were placed strategically all around the gym and in the middle was a table. There sat a woman, whom Hugo recognized from his studies as Ms. Beatrice, the gym leader. However in front of her were two people who Hugo guessed were requesting gym battles. During this, it looked Ms. Beatrice was among her break and enjoying her tea beforehand.

Deciding not to disturb them, he made his way to stands where there was a boy with his Slurpuff and a girl with a Pansage, who seemed to be already acquainted and awaiting the battle to begin. He made his way over there and cleared his throat.

“Um, excuse. I’d hate to interrupt. But I was wondering if it was okay for me, and my partner Jules sit with you to watch these battles.” He stammered, as Jules gave a friendly wave. “Oh, and I forgot to introduce myself. My name is, Hugo. Hugo Cortez. I was hoping to make an appointment with Beatrice to battle her tomorrow.” He added this last tidbit quickly, as he already felt embarrassed for almost forgetting to say it.

Bakarne and his dessert companion turned to the right, to examine the person whom had joined them. He was a boy who appeared around Bakarne's age, with a minun at his side.

"Uh, yeah, I guess," the boy responded, casting his eyes off to the side, "I think we might be waiting a while though, since some kid managed to make Beatrice mad..."

He shook his head, cursing himself for forgetting his manners. "By the way, I'm Bakarne Ibarra Eneko, and there's my partner, Slurpuff," and he pointed to the anthropomorphic meringue.

SaiyanDakon

Nova looked over at Bakarne and the others. "Oh...I'm Nova from Fiore City. These are my partners: Chimchar and Espeon." She said, turning to the new boy. Chimchar looked at him and greeted him while Espeon didn't greet but she did sit down and groom herself, waiting for the battle to begin.

Beatrice adjusted her plait, before standing up, and selecting a luxury ball from a silver platter, brought to her by one of the gym's staff members.

"Let's begin, challenger," she said in a silvery voice, "Iveon, the field is yours!"

A purple, twin-tailed eeveelution emerged, a pearlescent ring of venomous sacs around its neck. Its ears were pricked up high, with a ring like tapering near the tops, and it had black, slit like eyes. More pearlescent rings adorned its legs, and the base of its tail.

SaiyanDakon

"That Iveon is beautiful, Beatrice." Nova said, astonished. Chimchar looked back and nodded in agreement while Espeon just looked up and stopped grooming herself. "All right, Espeon. You're up!" She commanded. Espeon got up and walked in front of Nova, glaring at the Iveon.

(Another note: You have permission to auto when battling against gym leaders, but don't take it too far, please. No OHKOs, and under no circumstances are you allowed to dodge every attack. You must get hit at least TWICE in every battle.)

The gym leader bowed gracefully. "Why, thank you. She was evolved with the nectar from only the finest Rappacini flowers, after all!"

She cleared her throat, as Iveon huffed at Espeon, turning her nose up. Even if this was a battle, she at least expected her opponent to show some respect.

"The battle will be a three-on-three, with the first to knock two of the other side's pokemon out declared the winner," Beatrice began, "Challengers are permitted to make substitutions, but the gym leader is not. Now, let's begin!"

OOC: Not all my post will be this long, I just needed to get started)

"Antonio!" muffled by the thick wall that made up Tony's door, his mother screamed his name. Groaning the young boy covered his ears as his bright gaze fluttered open, after a minute of staring at his clock; Tony gasped and jumped up. Hurriedly, the male threw on a black shirt and cargo shorts as well as gelled his hair so it stood up rather than sprayed outwards. Flinging the door open with such force it nearly snapped off the hinges, Tony was met by his mom who impatiently glared down at him. "You're so late, I'd be surprised if you still get a pokemon." the woman's wrinkle face formed a frown.
"Oh mama, I'll get a starter, I'll find a way." Tony assured as he brushed past his mother and into the kitchen where he snatched a piece of toast.
"You always do-" the woman beamed proudly over her son who rolled his eyes. She was so emotional sometimes. Tony scratched his head as he attempted to recall where he had placed his bag, it had gone by in a flurry- all the packing and excitement the night before. As his golden gaze landed upon a black lump, he walked over to scoop it up and slung the bag lazily over his shoulder. He then paused, with one hand resting on the door-knob, before stepping confidently out of the small house.
"Goodbye, I'll call often." the boy called at the door before closing it behind him to assure no more time would be wasted by his mother's sobs. Tony's steps were carefully calculated almost as if he didn't want to enter the gym,he had no doubt in himself however the tingling feeling of anticipation caused him to stop and take a deep breath. Once inside, Tony was caught by surprise when the local Gym Leader addressed him- after locating the voice, Antonio's steady gaze landed on Frederick who opened his mouth but was abruptly cut off. "Don't." is all Tony said as he walked up to the man, "I know what you are about to say, because you are all exactly the same." Tony groaned as he looked at the taller figure and raised his brows. He really did despise that about Gym Leaders, they all thought they were so great- but they were clones of one another with a different set of pokemon. That's why he would be different. Yet, Despite hit warning; Frederick went ahead to rambling anyways forcing Tony to wait even longer.

By the end of his speech, Frederick handed Tony a pokeball and nodded. "Do good things, go far, and be the best possible trainer you can." the older male nodded.
"And remember my name, for when I'm a champion I won't have time to remember yours." Antonio grinned as he walked out of the building. "Next stop, Rappacini town!" Tony exclaimed as he sent out his new companion. It was a small pokemon, with a fear in her eyes that caused Tony to stop and furrow his brows. "What the hell is this?" the new trainer groaned as he bent down to examine the Shinx who in response turned away and emitted a large flash from his coat. "At least, you're not weak. I guess-" muttered Tony as he rubbed his eyes before standing alright and looked at the trembling creature, "Whatever. The name's Tony and I'm your trainer now. I'll call you Chispa." the boy explained still not amused by his wimp-of-a-partner. The Shinx blinked her large eyes at the name before taking a step backwards, but as Tony marched past her, she was obliged to follow leaving some distance as the pair walked to the train station.

When the vehicle came to a stop, Tony looked down at his small partner before shrugging and scooping her up. Seconds later a current of electricity struck through boy causing him to drop Chispa- Antonio groaned before sluggishly stepping onto the trainer after Chispa who ran under a seat. It was a silent ride, when Tony took out a candy bar his companion poked her head out and seemed rather surprised when Antonio offered it to her, but other than that... very little interaction took place between the pair.
After the train had come to a stop a grin spread across Tony's cheeks, "Come on Chispa, this is where we start!" he jumped off of the train onto the platform below, followed by the female Shinx who was not nearly as scared as when she was first introduced to her trainer.

SaiyanDakon

"Espeon! Future Sight!" Nova shouted. Espeon released psychic spheres into three portals that disappeared.

"I only have two Pokemon, Beatrice...but we'll make it work!" Nova said to the gym leader, "Hold it steady, Espeon!"

"Very well. Iveon, start with venom burst!"

Iveon's many pearlescent sacs began to enlarge, filling with large quantities of venom. The gym leader merely waited, until they were full, before the creature leapt straight up in the air, dropping the sacs on Espeon like they were water ballooons.

---------------------------------------

Bakarne, meanwhile, was scrawling down more notes abou what recipe to make. Those venom sacs were making him think of a bombe cake, or something that melted in the mouth.

SaiyanDakon

"Now!!" Nova commanded. Espeon jumped to dodge Venom Burst as the Future Sight portals appeared from behind Iveon and attacked it. "Awesome job!" She congratulated her partner.

Beatrice scoffed, as Iveon rose to her feet, having bore the brunt of the attack head-on. Now, the battle was about to get interesting...

"Iveon, use poison fang," Beatrice ordered coolly, as the pokemon leapt forward, fangs glistening. One of its wounds, incurred by the future sight attack, had disappeared, seemingly by magic.

SaiyanDakon

"Espeon! Swift!" Nova commanded, pointing at the rushing Iveon. She was surprised that a poison type could survived a Future Sight, so there must be someway to stop it...

Espeon jumped in the air and threw stars at Iveon to stop it in its tracks. "It should be enough.." Nova muttered as the attack made its mark. Chimchar was standing next to Nova, worried about Espeon while being eager to battle.

(AHEM. You must get hit. You cannot dodge every attack. Read the note, please.)

Gracefully arcing over the stars, Iveon powered on through to the opposing espeon, fangs bared. She hadn't the patience to deal with this flighty little creature for much longer, and neither did her mistress.

SaiyanDakon

Espeon was bit in the forearm by the Poison Fang and fell back, glaring. Then she fell down, injured.

"Its not safe, Espeon. Come back..." Nova said, worried. Espeon got up and limped over to Nova and Chimchar, who patted Espeon's back.

"Chimchar! You're up!" She called out to the fire type. He ran out in front of Nova and coughed a small flame, ready to go.

"Very well. Iveon, show them the power of your venom burst!" Beatrice ordered, "And with it, your chemistry ability!"

One more of Iveon's wounds magically disappeared, before more sacs appeared around her neck. This time, the pokemon shot them out like projectiles, shootong straight at the fire monkey.

SaiyanDakon

"Chimchar! Flame Wheel!" Nova commanded. I need to find a way to stop that Venom Burst...but how? She thought.

Chimchar surrounded himself in flames and rolled directly at Iveon, taking damage from the Venom Burst but still going. "That's what I like to see!" Nova called out.

Iveon took quite the hit from the flame wheel, and, as a result, fainted.

Beatrice recalled her pokemon quickly, thanking it for a job well done, before sending out her next pokemon; Stunky.

Kai stepped out to see Rappachi Town gym he wanted to enter but what if it was busy. He might as well pop into the gym and meet the leader...Kai saw a hallway ahead of him,
"Hello, anybody home?" Kai called out hoping it would echo.

After Hugo gave a nod of thanks, he sat down and watched the battle. One thing he had noticed was that Ms. Beatrice had declared it a three on three battle. Hopefully, he could have a one on one battle with her, since all he had was Jules. He had bee so excited, he forgot to actually catch other Pokemon other than Jules.

As the battle unfolded, Hugo was quick to jot down notes of the battle. To Hugo it seemed like Ms. Beatice was using Poison Type attacks as a way to replenish health, not as a major way to attack. Or maybe Iveon only had Poison Type Moves. Then maybe he would have Jules keep. Perhaps Berry at ready for the battle. Just in case the little Minun got poisoned.

“Keep track of Iveon’s movements. They’re pretty graceful, and quick. Kinda like dancing. You could use something like it in a contest. And so you know how it battles when it’s our turn.”

Then he watched as Iveon was defeated and replaced with a Stunky. “Hmm, it looks like Iveon’s ability doesn’t fully heal it. So continuous attacks will do the trick,” Hugo mumbled as he jotted it down in his notebook. Then he looked up to watch and see what would happen next.

"Hm...Maybe if I just...Yup. Got it!"

Bakarne, finally satisfied with his new recipe, closed his notebook, smiling happily down at Slurpuff as the battle raged on. He knew just what to make; a light, sweet tarta Santiago, flavoured with Rappacini flowers, and strawberry compote. It'd be like having an afternoon tea all in one dessert...

Tony clicked his tongue as he walked, golden gaze growing calmer as he eyed the buildings. Soon, his steady steps came to a stop- the large gym doors now stood in front of him. Looking back at Chispa, who trembled at the noises and crashing form within the building, Antonio sighed. The boy the spun on his heels facing the small creature who jumped before flicking her ears forward with a curiosity as to why her trainer wasn't entering the building, "I guess there's enough time left in the day to start training." Tony muttered mostly to himself before walking past Chispa. "Assuming most these trainers are just starting like me, we could find a challenger." the young trainer offered before watching his pokemon's horrified reaction, "Maybe we should just start with the tall-grass." Antonio quickly corrected referring to the plots of land where many wild pokemon roamed.