• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Umbramancy - Harry Potter RP

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Bellamy got up and walked over to the trolley, he bought some Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans and a butterbeer. He walked back and sat down he drank some of his Butterbeer then offered the beans to Samuel and Gabi, "You want one" he took one and got a peppermint one he continued to drink his butterbeer, still offering the box to them.

Lucie turned towards Gavin, and said, "I don't really think much about Potter and Malfoy. Anyway, I'm not really sure. I don't want to be in Hufflepuff and end up like Cedric Diggory." said Lucie, holding Cotton Candy in the palm of her hand. "Do you know any spells?'' asked Lucie.

Gabi got up from her chair and grabbed some cash, handing it over to the trolley lady. "Butterbeer, please." She said, taking one from the bottom and giving the woman the money. She asked if she'd like anymore, "I'm good, thank you." Gabi told her, then gave a little wave and walked back inside her compartment with the others. Alaska sat up and jumped up at Gabi, licking her face like she'd been gone for ages. Gabi laughed, starting to drink her butterbeer, and her face lit up, "You're right, this is worth it.." She quickly finished it up, and set it down. By now, it looked like Hogwarts was just visible in the mist and darkness, in all its majestic form. "I should get changed, I'll go outside to do it. I can border off an area with a little trick I like to call levitation." She smirked, walking outside with Alaska following behind her. The dog had dragged out a folded towel from Gabi's backpack, and carried it along for the girl. Gabi found a quiet area, got her wand out once again and used her spell on the towel to levitate to the ceiling and down while she got changed. Alaska yapped happily, sticking by her owner's feet.

Once Gabi got dressed, she pulled her towel back down and folded it up once again, giving it to Alaska, who happily dragged it back to the compartment and dropped it back into her backpack. Gabi sat back down, giving the dog a few little bone treats for helping her out. "I suggest you get ready, too." She said, looking at everyone else.

- LATER - (put this when you go through the timeskip, @Jodie.xox would you mind adding it at the start of you seeing Hogwarts to signify the timeskip?)

A foggy castle shape was now in the distance, but this time, it was fully lit up. Samuel was becoming more excited, and he pulled himself off the chair, and went to get dressed into his Hogwarts robes. As he headed to the room, he noticed others were filling up the corridor, and he was pushed around. 'He- no- wai-!'. He was pushed down to the floor, and had to crawl through the corridor to get to the changing rooms. Not long did it take to change. Soon, he was coming out, in Hogwarts robes and a school suitable long-sleeve shirt and long pants. Usually, the robes would have a house-colour on the inside of the robes, but instead, it was grey. The house logo was just generally the Hogwarts symbol. Taiga was on his spiked habitat, aka Samuel's hair, and he was wearing a short tie.

Samuel then arrived back at the compartment, and as soon as he went to knock, the train slowed down drastically, and came to a halt. 'Firs' years! With me!'. The massive Professor Hagrid was shepherding everyone off the train effectively. When they arrived at the boats after a short walk, Samuel, without waiting, stood into an empty boat, and waited for it to fill up. The water was reflecting a lot of bright colours, and it looked amazing. However, what was different, was that what looked like white Dementors were floating around the lake. Samuel, looked, a bit nervous, at the figures, and then at Hogwarts itself. It was stunning.

Last edited:
Maddi had gotten changed before exiting the train and got into a boat with the other first years. She felt rather small on the large grounds and surrounded by so many other people. Ash snuggled close to her, afraid of the water. Maddi hugged the kitten to try to comfort her. "We'll be at the castle soon, don't worry," she whispered. The girl couldn't help but wonder what exactly the things around the lake were.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
-LATER-
Bellamy decided to also get changed, but instead of leaving he just covered his lower half with his robe and changed trousers first. He didn't mind changing his top in front of people it was just his chest, so he finished changing and waited for the others. Bellamy followed Samuel and got into the same boat as him. He looked up at the school in awe, they were here finally. He noticed Samuel looking at some creatures and stared at them, what exactly were they. They looked like dementors but dementors are black not white.

Lilith leaned back in her window seat with a sigh of relief, having escaped the chaos on the platform. She half lamented that her parents hadn't crossed the barrier to see it themselves. Her mother had already been on the fence on the debate of homeschooling her instead and that dangerous exchange might have been enough to tip her over the edge. Lilith wasn't against the idea of attending Hogwarts. Quite the contrary, she was excited about the prospect of learning new spells and making lasting friendships. On the other hand, her family's next expedition had been designated for China and observation of the fireball. ...She'd been looking forward to that.

"By the way, thanks for that." A soft clap on the shoulder and the older girl's words brought Lilith back to herself. She glanced at the older girl sitting next to her. On Lilith's rush across the platform, this girl had fallen across her path screaming in pain, the victim of one of the many curses flying about. Her new wand in hand, Lilith had instinctively fired a stunning curse back, hauling the fallen girl up and onto the train with her. That's how she'd ended up here in the same compartment with three third years and feeling slightly awkward. Smiling genially, Lilith responded with a modest shrug and shoke her head. "Nah, it was nothing."

"Nothing? Any magic from a first year is pretty impressive, much less a Stunning spell like that. Where did-"

"Wait a minute, you're a first year? Where'd you learn that?" One of the boys across from Lilith sat up straighter, blinking in surprise. The other brunette guy next to him seemed less impressed but added, "Bet she's a pureblood. Probably learned it from her parents then." Before Lilith could do more than nod at this barrage of questions, their conversation turned just as quickly to blood status and it's relevance, the battle at the station and what it could have been, the classes they were looking forward to and the ones they weren't.... Lilith contributed when she could but, for the most part, the rest of their journey passed without further discussion of her and her family.

-LATER-

Their lengthy conversation can to an abrupt end as the train began to slow. Pulling on her school robes in imitation of the older students, Lilith walked out of their compartment last. With a energetic wave and a "Hope you're in Hufflepuff!" shouted over her shoulder, the older girl and her two companions wandered off, leaving her to follow the call of "Firs' years! With me!" on her own.

It wasn't until Lilith was standing before the boats, having skirted as far around the monstrous man as possible, before she realized she'd never gotten any of the third years names. With a faint hope that she'd see them again, Lilith glanced around before climbing into a boat with a single first boy. "Hi," she said softly, settling onto a bench. "Mind if I sit here?"

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
"Yes, Stupefy, is one, there's also Expelleramus, the Unforgivable Curses, Expectus Patronus-" He went on about spells, most of them were for Dueling, he'd learned them as a line of defense in case any Mudbloods dare touch him.
-Later-
Gavin had already put on his robe, he was now staring in awe at Hogwarts, and he saw a vauge outline of what seemed to be... brooms? Gavin shook it off, they were most likely to be a show-off that they had Quidditch, Gavin looked at his broomstick, it was an older model, but the Nimbus Two-Thousand and One was a straight flier, Draco Malfoy had had one in his days at Hogwarts, so Gavin had been compelled to get one. As for The Firebolt, Gavin was saving for one, sure, Potter might of had one, but that didn't mean they weren't good. As they grew closer to Hogwarts, Gavin beamed, for the first time since he'd left for Platform Nine and Three-Fourths, he smiled, he still had an occasional twitch of pain from nearly being hit with an Incindeo, but he'd lived, mainly because he'd Stunned the Dark Wizard who'd done the damage... Gavin shook these thoughts away as he realized how close to Hogwarts the train was, his jaw hurt from smiling so much.

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
---LATER---

After few hours of traveling with a lot of silence he finally saw huge castel that looked spooky. That was his first time when he saw Hogwarts. It was an amazing feeling to get to something where all those generations of wizards have been. He already changed in his robes and grabing his stuff he quickly left train.
'That guy is weird, I will try to avoid him as much as I can.' Michael though while leaving train.

Gabi stepped out of her compartment, waving at the two boys and girl inside. She picked Alaska up, putting her inside the backpack, and put it back on, with Alaska peering out of it. She didn't want her to get lost in the rush of students, she didn't even know how she wouldn't get lost herself in the massive crowd, but she got through it and hurriedly jumped into a boat, with nobody else inside. Alaska jumped out of the backpack and sat on the edge, putting her paws into the water before they all got moving. Even Hagrid took a look over at Gabi and Alaska, shouting out at the dog not to fall in, of course Gabi wouldn't let that happen, anyway. The shout sort of scared Alaska, in fact, almost making her jump so much that she could've fallen in.

Last edited:
Samuel was staring up at the white figures in the sky, and he heard a quiet voice behind him. He turned around, slightly reluctant, and noticed a girl, first-year from the look of the cloak. Then he noticed everyone on the boats were with the same grey robes, so he thought the older students must take another way there. 'You're already in, so it wasn't necessary to ask. Anyways, yes, it's fine.'. Taiga peered down at the girl and gave a little squeak of welcoming. Not long after, two other first-years joined the boat, and they all set off.

Not after long, the boat arrived on a dock, through an ivy-covered gate-way under the castle. The boat ride there was quite boring from Samuel's view, apart from a little comedy act from the Giant Squid. First-years piled off the boat, and climbed up to a large room, with a massive, open door on the wall. McGonagall appeared, and said stuff about the houses, and how you could earn and lose points, but Samuel wasn't really listening. After, they went through the door, which lead to the Great Hall, and all the older students were at the four tables. One for each house. Gryffindor. Slytherin. Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. Then, at the front, Professor McGonagall explained the Sorting Hat, and the old, duty pointed hat burst into song.

'I am the Sorting Hat and this is my song,'
'I am the wisest hat that there can ever be.'
'I sort you in your houses, I am never wrong,'
'Even though I'm getting old and dusty!'

'There is Gryffindor, brave and bold,'
'Ravenclaw, wise and witty,'
'Hufflepuff, loyal and yold (is that even a word?)'
'and Slytherin, ambitious and- aww, there's a kitty.'.
(The Slytherins frowned at the interuption, there was a kitten near their table.)

'So come up and don't be shy!'.

The room burst into applause, and it was a really loud sort, Samuel covered his ears. Then, he heard his name, 'Coaster, Samuel!' from McGonagall. 'Wait a minute, someone's mixed up the list. It's not even in alphabetical order. Oh.... Peeves! Anyways, Coaster, Samuel!'.
Samuel reluctantly went up to the Sorting Hat, not knowing what to expect, and he put it on. The he noticed he was going to be sorted! Suddenly, he did a choking cough, before leaning back up.
'Hmm.... tricky one here. I could easily just say Slytherin or Ravenclaw... but that wouldn't really be exploring your inner meaning. Hufflepuff, would be a lie, but Gryffindor?'. Samuel immediately knew that Gryffindor was a good option to go with, it was the most well-known house, after all. Slytherin was something he didn't want to mix with, and Ravenclaw didn't really call to him. 'So you want Gryffindor?'. The house burst out: 'GRYFFINDOR!'. Overall, it took about 30-40 seconds to do his sorting.

He went to the red and gold table, to be welcomed and recieved a round of applause. He sat there, being patted on the back by his person to his right, but there was no-one on his left, infact, quite a lot of space. Then, he waited for the next person to be sorted, and awaited the food to appear on the plates.

Lilith wasn't the next student called forward and it soon became clear the list of students was in complete disorder. This prompted some quiet muttering from the single long table behind Prof. McGonagall, where a mismatched group of adult witches and wizards sat. Lilith could only assume these were the teachers, as none of them had yet been introducted...

At the tables right side, Prof. Zelenius was attempting to quell the unrest the poltergeist's actions had caused. "You know he likes to make an impression on the new first years," he said serenely, one long-fingered hand extended to wave away their concerns. "I'll have a word with Peeves after the feast." Though the matter still seemed unsettled, their arguments on the matter died down as the sorting continued and Prof. Zelenius's gaze returned sweep over the remaining first years. He didn't linger any longer over Lilith than any of the other.

"Sterling, Lilith!"

Her own name echoing around the hall, Lilith stepped forward and let the sorting hat fall around her ears without a word. There was silence inside for only a moment before a voice spoke from the darkness. "Ahhh, powerful dreams, you have...but how will you achieve them? Through study? Hardwork?" Whatever it takes... the response came instantly to Lilith's mind, ambition surging through her heart as the hat announced "Slytherin!" The sorting hat was pulled off of her head with a flourish and, with a brief look at teachers table again, she walked briskly down to join the cheering silver and green clad table of Slytherins. She seemed to be the first Slytherin first year so far...

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Professor McGonnagal straightened her glasses before peering down at her list again, and proceeded to call out; "Colwell, August!"
A small boy, smaller than most of the other first years around him, even, started to make his way forward from the back of the dwindling group of new Hogwarts students.
It was a long, awkward minute as the Great Hall awaited August to finally make his way to the sorting hat, but arrive there he did. With very little hesitation, August took a seat on the stool in front of the Headmistress as she held the hat. She then deftly sat the hat on his head, letting go. The Sorting Hat was much too large for August, and covered up half his head, the front portion being lifted slightly by the boys nose. Darkness consumed the eleven-year-old's vision as he heard the hat begin to speak, like a little voice in his ear.
"Hm... the choices get more and more difficult every year, but I've never failed to put a student in the right house." The Sorting Hat muttered. August gulped in reply.

It had been only a month ago when he'd received the letter from Hogwarts with a list of his school supplies. He'd never been aware of the Wizarding World up until that day. His mother had been a witch, his father a muggle. She'd died when August was only a baby for reasons he didn't know, nor did his father.
He'd learned that he'd never been told of the Wizarding World because his father had believed him to be a squib. Needless to say, August had learned a lot that day. His father took him to Diagon Alley, and seemed to be acquainted with the person who was running Flourish and Blotts. Initially, August had been furious with his father for withholding such information as this. A world August found he actually quite enjoyed. After his visit to Diagon Alley to collect his things, August had taken to studying his textbooks, occasionally helped by his father, who knew a great deal about magic, despite being a muggle. He'd even sometimes lament over his time spent with his late wife, a mother August never knew.
That one letter from Hogwarts had changed August's life forever, and improved it. Both he and his father were happier than they'd ever been, and were closer too.

"You're lacking courage, but you've got a lot of bravery, two very different things mind you..." The Sorting Hat continued, snapping August back to the present, sitting on a chair in the middle of the Great Hall, hundreds of eyes on him with a massive hat on his head. Never, had he thought this would happen in his life.
"You're intelligent, oh yes, very smart... Cunning too... your heart is pure... my, you seem to be quite ambitious... a thirst to prove yourself. You desire respect and recognition. A house most suited to you would be Slytherin, they will take you far on the road of fame and glory."
August closed his eyes, hoping the Sorting Hat would go ahead and sort him. He had to have been up here for at least two minutes. This was embarrassing...
"Well, better be..." The Sorting Hat whispered, before a seam in the top of the hat opened like a mouth, and it boomed; "SLYTHERIN!"

August felt the hat being lifted off of his head by Professor McGonnagal, prompting him to get up off the stool, looking over at the table on the far right of the Great Hall, decorated with silver dishes and silverware, much like the other tables, banners, green and silver in color, emblazoned with a Serpent on each one hung above the table, where students wearing black robes lined with silver and green colors were now standing, clapping for their latest addition.
The new Slytherin first year quickly made his way to the table, keeping his head down, a little uncomfortable with all the attention. He just wasn't used to it.
The boy found himself a seat between two burly looking fifth years, one of which gave him a welcoming pat on the back.
August directed his attention back to the front of the Great Hall, at Professor McGonnagal and the remaining first years to-be-sorted.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
"Lightwood Bellamy"
Bellamy had been admiring the great hall as his name was called, he walked forward sat down and felt the hat get placed on his head. The hat whispered "my, my Lightwood aye. Your family's been in both Slytherin and Gryffindor, but you are bold, brave and kind hearted. So it better be... GRYFFINDOR!"
Bellamy walked over to Samuel at the Gryffindor table and sat next to him, he had secretly hoped to be in Gryffindor so this was turning into a great first day.

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
"Spinner, Gavin!" His name had been called, he made a smug smile as he stepped up to the Sorting Hat.
On the inside, he was very nervous and excited at the same time, he told himself to keep calm, and kept a straight face all the way to the Sorting Hat, which was a big accomplishment.
Gavin sat on the stool, and the hat went straight to sorting him:
"Maybe a Ravenclaw? No? Nah, no way, with that ambition, it better be none other than," It paused, Gavin was trembling, he silently prayed it wouldn't be Gryffindor, to his luck, he was right, no Gryffindor!
"SLYTHERIN!" It boomed, Gavin beamed as he had never before, he was gonna be just like Draco Malfoy in his days! But not with some Death Eater loons who were comparable to gorillas.
Gavin strode over to a table that was covered in green and silver, above it was a banner that showed a silver snake surrounded in a green backdrop, the other Slytherins patted him on the back and told him he'd love it here, he looked over at the Mudbloods who had been sorted earlier, mainly Samuel, and his mouth formed a smug smirk. He told the other Slytherins of what had happened on the train, but with a few small twist:
"So these Purebloods, total idiots, they, listen to this part, hang out with Mudbloods!" He explained, truth so far
"So, we got in a minor argument, and I was challenged to a duel, I destroyed the Mudblood with a simple Expelleramus and showed him the pride of a Pureblood with the good ole' Stupefy." He said, pointing at Samuel when he mentioned the "Destroyed Mudblood" he was loving the excited squeals and attention.
"And then I tried to slide back into my compartment, y'know, take Ethan," He said, pointing at Ethan, who was making a confident hoot, "away from the dreaded Mudbloods, when another Pureblood takes the poor traumatized owl, tries to steal him, but then another girl takes it, so I stun them both, and then I saved poor Ethan, and there you have it, I stopped an overconfident Mudblood, and saved Ethan." Gavin said, he had pointed at Ethan when referring to the "Poor traumatized owl", and as if on cue, Ethan shuddered, and backed towards Gavin slightly, the Slytherins applauded him once he finished his story, he already loved this place. He then noticed two other first-years at the Slytherin table, and Gavin waved to them, and winked as he turned back to the Sorting stage.

Last edited:
Lucie nodded, even when he said the unforgivable curses. "Well I know Accio, there's also Stupefy and Expelliarmus.... oh I also know Incendio and Oblivate... and the Patronus spell along with Levicorpus and Wingardium Leviosa." finished Lucie.
-Later-
Lucie had also put on her robe, and took out her Firebolt and followed Gavin.

Foster! Lucie! someone had called her name and she went up.
The Sorting Hat began to judge her.
"Very brave, but not brave enough. Oh very cunning, but very wise and an avid reader. You belong in... Ravenclaw!" Lucie hopped down and cast a sorrowful look at Gavin, and walked to the Ravenclaw table. She sat down and continued to watch the sorting.

Maddi realized that the kitten that had distracted the Sorting Hat had actually been Ash, who had gotten away from her upon being set down when they entered the castle. Her eyes widened, and she tried to keep herself from turning beet red from embarrassment. "Summers, Maddi!" Oh, shoot, that was her! She walked over, a quickness in her step, and gave an anxious grin as the hat was placed on her head. "Hmm...let's see about you," the Sorting Hat said. "You're certainly loyal, no doubt about that. Not lacking in the intelligence department either. Kind, I see, and determined to see your goals out until the end. But reluctant to leave others behind in your pursuits, especially those who have helped you? Well, then..." and the hat boomed, "HUFFLEPUFF!" Maddi got up off of the stool and waved to the table, where her new Housemates were applauding and sat down, people she'd never met before clapping her on the back in a warm welcome. Ash bounded after her, prompting laughter from neighboring tables.

((OOC: Hey, @EternalDiamondEevee, think you could edit your posts into one? Double posting isn't allowed in the RP forums.))

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
Michael was one of the last on list to be sorted. He was so excited that he barely heared voice that said:"Path, Michael"
He ran without thinking and sat on the chair.
"This is pretty easy decision" Hat said
"Even if your personality more looks to be sorted in Rawenclaw all of your family members were in same house so it would be shame if you go somewhere else." Hat said, but that was same thing Michael though. He was fascinated how Hat read his mind.
Then Hat said
---GRYFFINDOR---
And Michael was really happy. He went to Gryffindor table and sat next to other first year Gryffindor students

Gabi saw the Giant Squid as the boats got going, and it reached out a tentacle to her. She slowly put her finger up to it, tentacle to hand, and then let it slide away from her, back into the water as the boats carried on to Hogwarts. Gabi was shocked, she never usually had animals willingly like her, except Alaska, of course. The fluffy white dog gave a little yap at the squid, just like she was trying to confront it for touching Gabi, but it had already left, and she'd clearly been a little frightened by its massive size.

When they arrived at the dock, the young witch leapt off, then encouraged Alaska over into her hands. She picked her up as the crowd of students walked up the stairs into the Great Hall, and then she placed the dog back down again as she started squealing after seeing a moving, talking hat. She stood with Gabi, too scared to go up where McGonagall was. Just at that moment, though, Gabi heard her name, "Diamond, Gabriella." The professor even raised her eyebrow at Gabi's second name, it wasn't common, that was for sure. She slowly walked up to the front, with Alaska in tow. She sat down, and McGonagall slipped the hat onto her head.

"An odd one, I see?" It said, but Alaska had been jumping up, yapping loudly until she was hushed by the professor and slumped down under the chair. "Even a little dog, looks like a Hufflepuff to me!"

"N-no! I-"

"You don't sound brave, and I know you want Gryffindor, this works out great, then.." The hat said sarcastically. Gabi quietened down and looked at her feet, not wanting to interfere anymore. The hat sighed to itself, "I suppose I'll do.." it paused, getting ready to shout out,

"Gryffindor!"

Gabi leapt up in joy before McGonagall even took the hat off, and it almost fell to the ground before she quickly caught it and gave it back, mouthing the word 'sorry'. She sat down a few seats away from Samuel, Micheal and Bellamy, but gave them a little smile and a wave. Alaska ran after her, sitting under her seat at the table. Some of the other Gryffindor students awed at the dog, and Gabi smiled back, laughing a bit.

Soon after everyone was sorted, all the food started rolling out and everyone was tucking in. Gabi took a few treats and ate them, giving the leftovers to Alaska. She slowly moved up some seats, sitting next to Samuel again as they were on the train before. "Hi, It's nice to see you again! I'm so glad that's over, it was sort of tense."

Samuel wasn't eating much as the food came out, just really, the minimum, because he knew what was coming next. 'Dessert!'.
'Hey.'. Gabi had moved up some seats, and truth be told, he was glad to see her. Taiga gave a squeak of happiness at her sight. He kept his height from Alaska though.

After the main meals had been finished and eaten, and Taiga hadn't eaten for the same reason, the desserts appeared. Most students would have been full, at least the first-years, but Samuel wasn't. He ate as much as he could of desert, his plate filled with brownies, donuts, ice-creams and much more. As he turned around after finishing, he spotted the muggle-born hater off the train, and the people near him were smirking at him and laughing. Samuel became suspicious of him, nearly instantly.

Gabi watched as desert filled the spaces of the main meal, and she dived in to get some. The sweats, cakes and ice cream all looked delicious, and she wasn't going to just let down this great food on her first day at Hogwarts. She ate quite a few, rather enjoying the delights and chocolate, but held off on the leftovers for Alaska this time. She'd seen Samuel glare back at Gavin, who'd confronted them all on the train. She too saw the Slytherin boys laughing, and couldn't help but.. shout over to him. "Will you stop that? He's done nothing to you!" She angrily turned round again, looking at Samuel. "I can't wait until I can deal with those pests." She looked at her wand, which she took out of her robe and layed on her lap, "I'm just a weak first-year.. but I won't let them talk behind anyone's back and make rumours or stories." She put the wand back, not wanting the teachers to see that she had it out after shouting at someone, or they could come to the assumption that she was going to do a spell on someone over at the Slytherin table, which she really wished she could've.

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
After Michael finished his dinner eating a lot of food, but not too much for his standard, deserts came. They were so delicious that he wanted to eat all of them, but he ended up eating only a little bit of desert. He was really tired. He couldn't wait to go to Gryffindor house and sleep. He couldn't wait anymore so he got closer to Gabi ( @Jodie.xox ) and Samuel (@GalacticDeg ) only so he can ask them when is dinner over.
"Excuese me, you looked like first-year students, so I wanted to ask when are we gonna go and who will led us to Gryffindor house" Michael asked politely

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
Gavin had barely eaten, he wasn't very hungry, he had never been too hungry, it explained why he looked rather skinny, he rarely ate anything, after he had finished what seemed like a bare-bone meal to the other Slytherins, he went over to sit by August and Lillith, he didn't know their names, true, but hoped to be friends with them.
"Hi! Who're you guys?" He asked politely, a rare thing for Gavin, but he wanted friends, so this was an exception.

Last edited:
(OOC: SORRY! My WiFi has been acting up, hopefully this post doesn’t screw everything up!)

-LATER-

“Storm, Kaleb!”

Kaleb walked up, his owl Red on his shoulder. He sat down as the hat was placed on his head.

“Hmmm...” the Sorting Hat said. “Let’s see... very smart, and cunning, too... high potential with a brain like this! Then it must be...”

“...RAVENCLAW!

Kaleb smiled as he walked over to the Ravenclaw table. ‘My Mom was a Ravenclaw, too!’ he thought to himself as he began to eat dessert.

Lilith was in awe of the bounty of food that had appeared on the table before her. She had never once gone hungry in her lifetime, but the minimalist packing necessary for their ventures had never allowed for a feast such as this. She felt full just looking at all of it. Taking a portion of everything to try, the premonition soon came true and the addition of the dessert course was enough to duller her thoughts with the level of contentment. She was so absorbed by the conversations of the older students around her that she nearly missed when someone addressed her.

"Mmh? Oh, my name's Lilith. Lilith Sterling," she offered her small hand for a shake, before looking back at August with uncertainty. "Ughh... I'm not sure. Actually, we haven't been introduced either." Lilith offered a small curve of her lips to August, hoping to draw the other first year into the conversation.

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
"Okay. I'm Gavin... Gavin Spinner." Gavin said, then shaking Lilith's hand. he then looked at August too, he hoped they weren't pressuring him too much, but he wanted to know his name. Ethan leaned a bit, trying to see if either of them had pets, at one point, he was leaning so far to the right, the cage tipped and fell off the table, Gavin, praising his father wherever he was for giving him such fast reflexes, quickly grabbed the cage just in the nick of time.

comic

August blinked. He'd been distracted by the abundance of food that had miraculously appeared on the table, filling the once empty trays and bowls with all sorts of food, ranging from Turkey to meat August had never seen or smelled before. The goblets on the table had also been filled, with all sorts of milks, juices, and plain old water.
Another distraction were the two burly fifth years on either side of August, who spoke loudly, and seemed pretty expressive with their arms, having bumped August more than a few times. The fifth year who'd earlier patted him on the back would apologize for each inconvenience, but the other ignored August.

Looking from his plate of strange meat, mouth full, his eyes widened when he saw two other first years across from staring at him. He quickly deducted they'd attempted to speak to him, but he'd been paying little attention to all else but his food.
Taking a minure to swallow the food, gulping down a little more than he should have, making his eyes water a bit from the large lump traveling down his throat, he made a little cough before wiping his eyes. "Sorry..." He said to Gavin and Lilith, speaking for the first time that night. "Um... what was it you said?"

Last edited:

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
Gavin chuckled, he'd never seen anyone so absent-minded before, he'd obviously not heard him and Lilith, so he repeated their names and asked him again.
"We asked your name." Gavin said, still slightly chuckling.

comic

"...O-oh." August pursed his lips, looking down a little bit. "It's... August." He stated. There wasn't much there to elaborate on. It was his name, and that was it. Nothing more, nothing less. Unless, of course, they were expecting a last name, but they hadn't specified, and he had already left a pause after his name, so the boy decided against continuing it, just leaving it there at 'August', before glancing at Gavin, then at Lilith. Did they know each other? Neither seemed to be uncomfortable in the Great Hall among many strangers, or around each other.
He just felt... out of place. He was a wizard, sure, as he'd found out a month prior, and his father had already given him some 'tips', if you will, about the Wizarding World. One of which was about the House of Slytherin. His father relayed what August's mother had once told him, about Slytherin. She'd said they were mean, cruel, and obsessed with their blood. August decided not to ask about the 'blood' part, hoping it wasn't anything to do with cults or something of the sort, but being his intelligent self, he'd deducted it represented a status. Muggles, Wizards and Witches, and everything in between. August was a half-blood. He had no idea what his late mother's surname was, but he assumed she was a pure blood, and his father a muggle. So, in order to avoid anything to make his new housemates reject him, considering this was Slytherin, he decided to leave his last name out of the equation. Surely pure bloods would know the last names of other pure bloods, right? How would they treat him, knowing he was a half-blood, raised by a muggle, currently knowing little to nothing about magic? Would they reject him? Would they kick him out of the house? Out of Hogwarts? He'd rather not think about it.

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
Gavin nodded when August said his name, he hadn't said his last name, but Gavin hadn't expected him to, he was perfectly fine with people who didn't like to share last names, heck, his best friend (whom he had known before he had gone to Hogwarts, but he was a Muggle) had threatened Gavin's life if he ever told his middle name. Really, the only people who had the absolute right to know your last name was the Ministry of Magic, in the Auror Department, Improper Use of Magic Department, the Floo Network Authority, Apparation Test Center, International Magical Office of Law, and the Wizengamot Administration Services. All of them in the Ministry of Magic's most official spots, Gavin had counted them off on his fingers as he had been thinking, that was six total Departments. He looked back up at August, and asked:
"So, do you know any spells?" Gavin asked, spinning his wand between two fingers, this wasn't a sign of wanting to duel, but a sign of slight boredom.

Lucie saw Kaleb and waved over to him. "Hey i'm Lucie, what's your name?" she asked while eating her fill from the Ravenclaw table and shooting looks at Gavin. Lucie turned back to Kaleb and began asking him questions.

"Are you a pure-blood?"
"Do you know any spells?"
Lucie patiently waited for answers while she ate from the feast.

A shout came from overhead, making all the first years stand up. They'd all been told to follow house prefects back to their rooms, and a crowd of students started walking out of the Great Hall. "Well, now, I suppose." Gabi laughed, replying to Micheal's question. "We're led by the house prefects, we should get going before we lose our house." She stood up, and put Alaska in her backpack, and walked after Gryffindor's prefect, through the door that they used the secret password on, and then into the common room. It was more amazing than Gabi ever dreamt it would be, and she looked to any of her friends by her side, "This is amazing! I can't wait to stay here, it's better than I could have ever thought.." She looked up to the spiralling stair case, where most of the wizards and witches were making their way up to, "We'll have to part for the night, female and male rooms, remember?"

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
Michael followed group led by Gryffindor house prefect. He was going behind Gabi and Samuel. He heared Gabi talking about female and male rooms. He wanted to ask one more question.
"It is me again, I wanted to ask how are we going in rooms" Michael asked

As soon as the shout for Gryffindors to go upstairs, Samuel twisted around, and looked back at the ice-cream he was eating. It was gone. He frowned. As quick as he could, he stood up, and made his way in the crowd up to the Gryffindor common room. However, what was weird, was that the stairs were constantly changing and rotating, and it looked a bit strange. Samuel realised at how problematic and random it was. On the walls going up the tower, there were hundreds of paintings, all unique. After they'd made their way up the stairs, which took a whole ten minutes, Samuel arrived at his common room. He was too tired to take it in however, and headed up to his room.

He lay on his bed, and grabbed out a book, but his hands were nearly refusing to hold it, so he chucked it on the floor, and rolled over, pulling the curtains shut over his bed. Not long after, he fell asleep.

Gabi saw Samuel walk past, but instead, he went straight up to the rooms. She managed a small wave to him, not sure if he noticed or not, and then said goodbye to Micheal and headed Samuel's way. As he carried on to his own room, Gabi stopped at the female room and went inside. Alaska jumped out of the backpack and explored the room with a quick wagging tail. Gabi took out a golden pillow with small gems in it and lay it on the floor for Alaska to sleep on, which she obeyed and went to sleep. Gabi then followed, changing into her white pyjamas with a dog face, jumping into her bed and going to sleep.

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
Michael said good night to Gabi too and followed other first year boys to their rooms. He went in his room,he put his suitcase on floor next to bed. He changed into his pyjama and went to sleep. He feel asleep after 10 minutes. Pictures from earlier that day on train station just couldnt get out of his head.

Poised to answer Gavin's question herself, Lilith abruptly looked around as the call to bed was made loud and clear over the head of the gathered students. "Guess that means us too..." With a last longing look at the remnants of cake on her plate, she stood and waited patiently for Gavin and Austin to follow. As she stood, waving genially to the Slytherin Prefect whose was ushering them over, Lilith caught sight of the cage in Gavin's possession and frowned slightly.

"Oh, is that your owl, Gavin?" With a somewhat concerned look, Lilith glanced back toward the entrance door through which they'd entered earlier. "I left my owl with my luggage trunk.... Hope she's ok." There hadn't been very clear instructions on whether pet should be brought with them into the hall, so she'd left Talon with her other belongings. That professor, Prof. McGonagall, had said something about their stuff being taken to their rooms for them.

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
Gavin never had gotten the answer from August, but figured he could ask him again later, for the time being, he was exhausted. He followed Lilith up to the common room, and waved in a very sleepy manner, then continued to the boy's sleeping quarters and plopped onto the bed, and for some reason, didn't fall asleep as fast as he thought he would, but he eventually did fall asleep.