• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Umbramancy - Harry Potter RP (Discussion)

In the reboot, how do we do houses?

• Get an equal amount into the houses, or near-to equal.

• Decide on a house we're all in.

• Decide on a house we're all in because the Sorting Hat was hijacked somehow.

• Decide on a house we're all in because the Sorting Hat got confused.

• Other (Explain in a post)

Results are only viewable after voting.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
what, no nostalgic posts about the characters in awe of hogwarts as they cross the black lake? no potential interactions with the giant squid?

Everyone is either Slytherin or Gryffindor, what should I do for Gabi? I don't know anymore..
You could make her Hufflepuff... ;)

In all seriousness, it's your choice. I'd prefer not to be the only Hufflepuff, but if you think that another House would fit her personality better, I won't complain.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
i'm gonna have to drop out. while this started off with an interesting idea, the plot progresses too fast, and that's not a good thing. it makes the rp feel clustered and unorganized. we barely spend any time on any particular topic, and continue to the next the moment one person gripes about it.
sorry, guys.

I'm dropping out, mainly because I can't figure out how I can regularly post if I'm the only one in my House, but also because of what Comic said. Sorry.

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
I'm still in! I'm fine with regular timeskips, and I can be flexible! I'm just praying this RP doesn't drop dead, although if you really look, it is starting to hollow out. Your choice if we wanna add more people, but we can't go with only three barely-populated Houses. Just a suggestion, though!

Possibly? Again, my issue is the fact that it'd be difficult to contribute to the story at all if a character was the only one in their House.

Perhaps we should limit this to 1 or 2 Hogwarts houses? I know everyone has their own personal favorite but in order to optimize character interaction, less division might help.

Might even be able to make it part of the plot if you wanted to go that route. Whoever your villain is could have 'corrupted' the sorting hat to only sort Slytherin, or some after affect of the curses at the platform might have marked the students as 'dark'. I don't know, just random thoughts...

@The Kitsune

Great ideas! I didn't actually think about that... maybe the Sorting Hat gets 'brain cramp' because of him reaching the limit of what it can remember, and therefore sorts most students into one house? I don't know yet, I'll think about it.

Yeah, maybe the first few are sorted into houses by their personality if someone really wants one, and at least two people should be in a house, and then it goes wrong and everyone is sorted into the same one, not even mattering about their personality

Or we could stick to 2 (3 in one, there's 9 people. We could also do 3 in each, one house being empty if nobody wants a certain house.) in each house, because I don't think we're gonna get an easy decision on what house we're all using.

Yeah, I agree with the idea to put our characters in three out of four Houses. Gryffindor and Slytherin are going to be obvious choices, since they have the most people, so if we do this it's down to Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw. You guys already know where my vote is XD