• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Ultra Sinnoh (Sign Up & Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are everyone's characters at the moment? Not trying to go for immediate interaction with Tony, but still may wanna know so he can either see and approach or be approached.

Everyone is in Sandgem Town.

Verity (TheRowdyPegasus) and Stella (Darkmaster006) are at what I'm assuming is a store for camping supplies, so probably a PokeMart or a different store altogether. Leo (BriefStar) is at Robin's stand (Captain Cardboard), which is in between the PokeMart/General Store and the Pokemon Center.

I'm planning on having Miel arrive from the area where Jubilife City is at and maybe go and see Robin's stand.

Everyone is in Sandgem Town.

Verity (TheRowdyPegasus) and Stella (Darkmaster006) are at what I'm assuming is a store for camping supplies, so probably a PokeMart or a different store altogether. Leo (BriefStar) is at Robin's stand (Captain Cardboard), which is in between the PokeMart/General Store and the Pokemon Center.

I'm planning on having Miel arrive from the area where Jubilife City is at and maybe go and see Robin's stand.
Was about to answer, glad you did it! Yeah we're at a General Store/Poke Mart thingy in the northern part of the city, and you've described the locations well. Nice to see you here too!

There you go @Red Gallade and how are you doing? Been a while too.

Last edited:
I might be a bit late, but if you're still accepting people, I'd like to join!

Character Sheet:
Name: Everett Davis
Hometown & Region: Iki Town, Alola
Personality: If there were one word to describe Everett, it would be curious. Sometimes a bit too much for his own good. Growing up in the somewhat remote Iki Town, any town or city with more than a couple buildings is completely fascinating to him. He's never seen a stretch of land longer than the small isle of Melemele, so exploration is a must go for him. Everett was sent to Sinnoh by his parents to learn and see more of the world, somewhere different than their remote home. He's very upbeat and extroverted, to the sometimes annoyance of others, and is always ready to make a new friend.
Appearance: Standing at roughly 5'6 (although he doesn't check very often), Everett doesn't really tower over anyone. His hair is a sunbleached blonde color, although he swears it used to be dark at some point. His eyes are a simple brown, nothing remarkable. He usually wears a thin black jacket, a plain white t shirt, and blue denim jeans. His skin is tanned in shade, with freckles coating his face below his eyes. He usually carries a blue backpack with him, although he absolutely refuses to use both straps at the same time.
Partner: Lumbridge (Sandygast)

Pokemon Sheet:

Species: Sandygast
Nickname: (Optional) Lumbridge
Ability: Water Compaction
Current Moves: Astonish, Sand Tomb, Absorb, Harden

Well, if you have any questions, we'll answer them for ya :3

There are 3 Alola Pokemon being used (them being Primarina, Jangmo-o, and a possible Sandygast if the person above gets accepted). Since the RP is centered around Sinnoh, I don't think you'll need to worry about it too much. :3

Jangmo-o. Why does every rp I’ve joined have a Jangmo-o?
*Frantic googling*

Dragon that takes on fighting type upon evolving. Built...pretty well...no wonder.

Primarina...huh. Why does that sound familiar?

*Clickity-click*

Oh god! No! Not that! No! Get it away!

- My least favorite starter of all time tbh. To each their own, though.

All of these Pokemon shall be publicly flogged by my team of gen 1-5 pokemon.

I also understand Ultra Space is in play...what is that? Sun and Moon equivalents to Giratina’s Distortions Realm?

Ultra Space is like a hub to other dimensions (like a world where there is no light) and such, and only the box legendaries of Sun/Moon and Necrozma can open and close these portals. Otherwise, they open/close on their own as they are quite unstable and don't last too long. Considering that Ultra Wormholes are only in Alola, we won't have a problem in Sinnoh, as Aether Foundation's constant efforts to find Ultra Beasts (alien Pokemon only found in Ultra Space, and due to how rare they are and how hard it is to catch them if you don't use Beast Balls, a manufactured PokeBall by either Interpol or Aether Foundation, these alien Pokemon need permission like a Legendary) have caused such a weakening in the fabric of reality that portals randomly appear. Fallers are a thing, though i haven't seen anyone play them much. Basically people who come from a different reality of the Pokemon World may be slightly different to the version of themselves (if any) in the world they are in now, and they may have mild to severe amnesia of the world they used to live in. All they'll remember is a hole opened up near, sucked them in, and dropped them somewhere. Canonically, there is a world where there is Mega Evolution and a world where there isn't.

Distortion World can only see one reality and is not a gateway to other realities (considering that every reality has its own Arceus, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina based on the event at Sinjoh Ruins in HGSS), but can be a gateway to other places. Considering that Giratina is a Legendary, I don't see the Distortion World being used at all unless we got special permission to use them in plot since, as I'm sure you remember, it requires six Legendaries for the plot and only Giratina (and I guess Shaymin but only in the Distortion World) is able to open the portals leading in and out.

Last edited:
Ultra Space is like a hub to other dimensions (like a world where there is no light) and such, and only the box legendaries of Sun/Moon and Necrozma can open and close these portals. Otherwise, they open/close on their own as they are quite unstable and don't last too long. Considering that Ultra Wormholes are only in Alola, we won't have a problem in Sinnoh, as Aether Foundation's constant efforts to find Ultra Beasts (alien Pokemon only found in Ultra Space, and due to how rare they are and how hard it is to catch them if you don't use Beast Balls, a manufactured PokeBall by either Interpol or Aether Foundation, these alien Pokemon need permission like a Legendary) have caused such a weakening in the fabric of reality that portals randomly appear. Fallers are a thing, though i haven't seen anyone play them much. Basically people who come from a different reality of the Pokemon World may be slightly different to the version of themselves (if any) in the world they are in now, and they may have mild to severe amnesia of the world they used to live in. All they'll remember is a hole opened up near, sucked them in, and dropped them somewhere. Canonically, there is a world where there is Mega Evolution and a world where there isn't.

Distortion World can only see one reality and is not a gateway to other realities (considering that every reality has its own Arceus, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina based on the event at Sinjoh Ruins in HGSS), but can be a gateway to other places. Considering that Giratina is a Legendary, I don't see the Distortion World being used at all unless we got special permission to use them in plot since, as I'm sure you remember, it requires six Legendaries for the plot and only Giratina (and I guess Shaymin but only in the Distortion World) is able to open the portals leading in and out.

This does make me wonder how you all intend to get past the wall of permissions in order to achieve a story about Ultra Space.

Also, is that why Mega Evolution is just gone after one gen of it? We watching alternate Ash? I’d hope so.
Mega’s were like the last thing that interested me, and then they got wiped.

Yea, it seems like GameFreak is experimenting on different ideas on what game mechanic interests people the most and had Megas in Gen VI, Z-Crystals in Gen VII, and now Dynamaxing/Gigantamaxing in Gen VIII. Makes me wonder what else they'll do. xD

I could be very wrong, but Ultra Space itself is fine, just as long as you aren't including Ultra Beasts or the Legendaries as encounters or anything more. XD But seeing as Ultra Space is the hub for UBs, it might not be the greatest idea to attempt to include it, even if there are other Pokemon in Ultra Space. You'd also have to have a very good reason why your trainer is in there in the first place, as these portals are usually high up in the atmosphere and most locals or trainers don't encounter such a phenomenon unless they work for Aether Foundation or Interpol.

I don't have much to say so far Merciless is hitting all the points so I don't know what to add to your questions. Also Zander I'm pretty sure you have me on discord still so it will be must easier for me to answer any questions you have for me.

Hahahaha I don't even know how Stella will be able to sleep together with Verity... she'll be beet red plus she hasn't slept together with anyone at all so brace yourself for being unconfortable at least at first, my baby XD. Haha poor Stella, clueless Verity is her doom!

She lived outside for 9 years, gotta have at least a little know how! Maybe guilt will be the answer to finally being straightforward with Verity. She's probably just gonna assume the embarrassment has something to do with changing, not doing so in the open is confusing to her but she understands that you can't in up to date society.

Haha, true! Maybe, maybe owo. That just made me remember that another one of my gal charas does not care at all for changing in the open (with other gals), and she's also gay as hell, buuuut that's not Stella, she'd be hella embarrased lmao.

Character Sheet:
Name: Mike
Hometown & Region: Pewter City, Kanto
Personality: Funny and outgoing, serious when it comes to battling.
Appearance: Green and white jacket with yellow spiky hair and wears shorts.
Partner: Greninja

Pokemon Sheet:

Species: Greninja
Nickname: (None)
Ability: Battle Bond
Current Moves
Water Shuriken
Night Slash
Mat Block
Lick

Status
Not open for further replies.