• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Ultima Hunters (RP)

Keith smiled as JC and Akane left together to training room and turned to Ruth as she approached him. He chuckled as he saw white cat picture and listened to Ruth idea. "You persume right, Ruth. That's a really good idea, it can be really effective, but you need lots of practice to have a good control over scorpion... Come with me, we gonna put a good use of time that we have before official classes start!" said Keith to Ruth and leaded her to one of training rooms.
@Spoiled Bread

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Daisy had opted to watch the others train deciding she would just wait till lessons started. She walked over to a bench and watched JC and Akane for a bit before laying back and closing her eyes as she decided to take a nap, she should probably have asked to speak to JC about being a sniper but she decided to take a quick rest and would ask her later. She slipped into sleep expecting not to be disturbed.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Akane nodded to the instructions she was given. She had been taught to never talk back to superiors and to always follow orders. She took the gun and aimed it again, this time taking several breaths before shooting. Unfortunately she still missed her target, not as bad as before but not good either. She sighed and lowered the gun.

"I'm sorry." She said to JC. "I'm not good with guns I guess." She said sadly as she offered the gun to JC.

She could see her defeat in her eyes before placing her hand on her head. "Don't put yourself down so quickly I saw that slightly improvement of aim on the target just now," she said raising her arms up again. "Here, let me help you a bit" she said grasping her hands with her helping her point the gun at the middle of the target. "Relax your body like this and-" she helped her pull the trigger and it hit right on the point she anticipated to hit. "See, you hit the middle of the target with a bit of guidance" she added. "But, if you don't manage that then I have another way were I can see the skills you have" @JadeStar

Amare nodded. "That makes sense, you're lucky its so straight forward for you. I don't want to have to get close to the Nawi, and my aim is pretty good, so I thought sniper would be the best spot. But I also want to be able to do more than just waiting and shooting, and running is one of the things I'm good at in sports. So now I'm thinking shooter, because it's the most agile without getting too close to the Nawi. I just can't fully decide, but I'll go with shooter for now." She looked at Jaden and smiled, before turning around and heading towards the training rooms. "Let's go to the training rooms now."

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Akane smiled as she hit the target, she was a little proud of herself. However, she knew she couldn't manage it alone. She lowered the weapon and took a deep breath as she looked towards the target.

"What other options are there?" She said quietly, now starting to feel ashamed of herself.

"Hm, well have another weapon that you can try" she said walking over to her bow resting against the wall. She walked back to her. "Have you ever used a bow before?" She asked her. "This weapon is very easy to use but I'll demonstrate" she said before grabbing one of her bows and placed it on the bow string. "It's very simple, just pull the bow back like this and arms like this and then release" she said letting go of the bow until it hit the target in the middle head on in the middle. "Just like that, you think you can try that" she added handing her the bow she owned. @JadeStar

Jaden smiled "Yeah, Let's go!" and he followed Amare to the training rooms. After a while he said "If you are going to be a shooter then I will protect you from any Nawis and I bet that I can count on you to protect my back" and smiled to her again.
@Clunpsy

Keith smiled "Let's practice with a simple thing first then, fencing. You need to threat your blade, if it was making your hands longer. Hold it always in the middle, to quickly block and counter any attack" Keith said and took a weird looking Ultima then activate it, a short sword appeard on his hand. "This is training Ultima for us, mentors. It gives us possibility to use weapons but we it won't raise our phisical abilities. You have probably already meet with a mentor that was using it to train you" he said and raised his blade "Don't worry, all of you will raise in strenght quickly and then we won't give you handicaps. Come at me!"
@Spoiled Bread

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Akane took the bow and looked it. She had never held one before and she felt a little excited to try it out. She took the pose and took aim, but when she released the arrow, it just fell to the ground. Akane picked up the arrow and tried it again, same result. She sighed, a little annoyed and offered the bow back.

"This is worst." She said with a small chuckle. "I shouldn't use something so complicated if I couldn't handle a gun."

Ruth

"I don't want handicap, gee. Where's the fun in it? I also won't use the enhanced physical abilities then so we're even." Ruth remembered her frustation when she fight Jim yesterday and she used it to fuel herself. She took an ultima an activated it, a spirit dagger appeared on her hand.

"Holding a blade like this actually reminds me of someone I met in the juvenile prison. She is, she was a freaky girl. Occasionally stole spoon and grind it against the wall to make crude knife so she can threaten the other girls to do her biddings." Ruth grunted as she seems to concentrate for a bit, the dagger on her hand slowly changed to smething more akin to an icepick with edges. "It usually ended up with me breaking her nose, then we both would get thrown into detention chamber for the next few days. Heh, but I kinda hope she quit those behavior by now."

"Allright. I'm ready... Here I go!" Ruth dashed forward and then lunged towards Keith while launched several thrust attacks with her weapon.

@Clite of Dragonbow

She just chuckled. "Don't be so hard on yourself, I was the same way when I first started but with a bit of practice I got better eventually but I have one more thing we can try" she said placing her bow down against the wall before grabbing some gloves made for punching. "Alright, this is very simple, just punch these gloves I have as hard as you can and don't worry about hurting me I can handle it" she added looking at her. @JadeStar

H woke up and looked at his watch. Damn it, he was late. He quickly got up and started walking towards the place where he was supposed to train the rookies that had chosen the "Attacker" class. About five minutes after he started walking, he arrived at the training room where he was supposed to be. It looked like Keith had already started training the reckless rookie, so H just stood a bit away, watching the newly started fight.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Akane took the gloves and slowly put them on. How could she go face to face with the monsters? It was a scary thought, but right now it was training so she could try and relax. She looked at her opponent and took a deep breath. Where should she hit? The face? She felt bad hitting her anywhere, but she didn't really have a choice. She took a pose, like actors did in the movies, and threw a right punch at her opponents face. She wasn't strong physically, so she wasn't expecting any good results.

Amare looked at Jaden with a big grin on her face. "I think we would make a great team!" She saw Akane in one of the rooms. "Huh, looks lke Akane is already training. Seems to me that she chose to go down the same path as you, an attacker. I didn't think she would go for something like that... Oh, look, another one of the mentors has arrived! I think he was supposed to help with attackers, so maybe you should ask him to help you." She motioned in the direction of H.

"Yeah" Jaden agreed with a smile, then he watched as everyone were training with mentors... Daisy took a nap, but maybe she was just waiting at someone or something. After a while he looked at H "Yeah, gonna do! Hmm... Miss JC trains snipers... Mr Keith and Mr. H attackers... So who is training shooters and gunners?"
"You are probably talking about me" said Jim behind Amare and Jaden "One of you wants to be a shooter or a gunner?" He asked. Jaden leaned closer to Amare ear and whisper "Well... Good luck on your training and let's see each other after" He said, smiled and headed to H.
@Clunpsy

"Ummm... Mister H?" asked Jaden as he walked up to a mentor. H always seemed for Jaden the most cold one and didn't really know what to think... But he needs a mentor and he bet that H was a good one. "I-... I decided to become an attacker. Could I train with you today?"
@CrazyWolf

Keith smirked "Confidence is a nice thing, thug girl, but remember... Don't be overconfident" he began blocking her strikes and was correcting her and giving tips. "Raise your head!~Left foot is too close your right one.~ focus on me as a whole, not just my blade!~... STOP!" He said and smiled "Not bad, but we shall work on your stance. Have you ever danced before?"
@Spoiled Bread

She chuckled. "No sweetie, I hold these punching gloves and you hit them with your fists" she explained taking them from her. "Just punch it has hard as you can like this" she said taking her wrist and demonstrating on how to punch it. "See this punching bag, just punch it like this" she said punching the bag hard as this didn't seem to hurt her since she had bandages on her hands. "Just like that now you try it" she said in a calm voice being very patient with her. @JadeStar

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Akane's face went red as she realized her awful mistake. "I'm so sorry!" She called out. "I misunderstood very badly." She looked frustrated now, expressing exactly what she was feeling.

This time she decided to be more careful this time and did as told. She punched the bag as hard as possible, causing pain in her wrist, but she pretended to be fine. She did it a couple more times, her eyes getting water as her hands and wrist began to hurt. She decided she would have to learn something to be able to defend herself and maybe toughening her body would help with that. Despite the pain she kept going, feeling more sore after every punch.

H looked at the rookie who approached him, asking if H could mentor him.
"Sure," H said. "You are Jaden Skyscale, right?" H looked at Jaden. He didn't look very experienced, but H could probably make a decent fighter out of him. After all, mentoring was one of the things that he was good at.

Ruth

"Ha, this is my will! If I don't show confidence on myself then how can I expect people to have confidence in me." Ruth replied as she barraged Keith with her attacks, occasionally she would stop for a brief moment to correct her stance as Keith instructed before launching another flurry of attack. She did enjoys it and felts like she could handle blades better... probably. She was a bit disappointed when Keith told her to stop, but she stopped anyway.

"Dance?? Ehhh..." Ruth groaned at the question. "Like, uhh... Those soldiers on the internet dancing to hardbass? Yeah, I can try that."

@Clite of Dragonbow

Amare smiled at Jaden as he left, then turned to face Jim. "Yes sir, that would be me! I'm thinking of becoming a shooter, so can you train me? Also, can you teach me how to appear out of nowhere? You seem to be good at not being noticed." She tilted her head and her smile grew larger. She didn't notice that what she said could be taken as an insult, she didn't even think twice about it.

Keith chuckled "No, I didn't mean it in that way... You see, dance and fancing have more in Common than you think. Grace, timing. Those things are really important.. Focus your breathing, try to give rhythm to your moves, okay? I know you can do this. You are already doing great" said Keith.
@Spoiled Bread

"Yes, sir" said Jaden H seemed to judge Jaden for a while, after this while of silence, Jaiden interrupt it. "Ummm... With what shall we begin?"
@CrazyWolf

Jim laught gently after her fast questions and growing smile "Yeah, I can train you and maybe I will teach you how to do this.. Let's go to the training room, Amare" said Jim and smiled he leaded her to the one of free training rooms "This one looks nice.. Now question.. What do you think suits you more. Are you more of a person that use guns and is a 'gunner' or a creative 'shooter'. I just make sure to lend you a hint of difference" he take out the machine gun and shoot at the targets with spirit bullets. "That's how Gunners fight" then he created in his hands cube made from a blue spirit, suddenly, it multiplied into many smalls cubes and they flew up to the ceiling and then suddenly went down behind target and hit it with similar force. "That's the difference, So?" He asked Amare.
@Clunpsy

She gave a chuckle. "It's alright, mistakes happen even with me" she said remaining calm as possible. She felt the force of her punches inside the gloves. "-hm, she has very good force in her punches but she is using too much on her wrist which can cause injury-" she thought before quickly slipping off one of the gloves from her right hand and quickly caught her wrist with one hand to stop the punch. "You have very good force punch but your using too much on your wrist, relax your wrist a bit so you don't injury it much more quickly, now try again" she added putting the glove back on before facing them both at her again. "Remember, relax the wrist for a better punch with thumb over your four fingers" @JadeStar

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Akane nodded and looked more determined then before. She began throwing the punches again, relaxing her wrist. She felt her punches were now weaker but it did hurt less. She wondered if this was the right path. She had never been a fighter, but in this world it might be good to at least be prepared.

"I'm wondering." She said without taking her eyes off her target. "Can't I learn to defend myself and at the same time get a different class? Maybe one where I don't have to depend on my physical skills."

She lowered her hands for the moment looking at her. "Well, of course you can, as I can defend myself without using physical defense as I will only use it if necessary" she thought for the moment. "-Hm, I haven't trained a student in sword arts yet so maybe this is my chance-" she looked back at her. "Have you ever tired sword arts before Akane?" She asked as she glanced at the clock seeing the time as it was in the afternoon now past 4 before looking back at her. @JadeStar

Ruth

"Y-you mean something like a ballroom dance??" Ruth eyes widen at the realization. Well, she actually know what Keith meant since the beginning but she was not ready.

"No, I refuse to do that. #*+) gracefulnes! I will chop those nawis without unnecessarily contorting myself like a jelly." Ruth could feels her face becoming red. Was it due to anger? Or embarassment? She didn't even know why she was so aversed to dancing but she definitely wouldn't let herself looks vulnerable in front of Keith so she stomped her feet as she walked towards the door.

"I'm going to the restroom. Will be back when the class start."

@Clite of Dragonbow

Amare watched curiously as Jim showed her about the difference between a gunner and a shooter. She nodded, then thought about it for a moment. "I have no experience with firearms, but I might be able to use them if I try... Can I try both of them? Just so that I can know which one is better suited for me." She put her arms behind her back and started to rock on her heels.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Akane dropped her hands to her sides and looked at her trainer with great interest. "I think swords are beautiful. You think I could learn to use one? I can't even throw a punch." She seemed excited by the thought of using swords, it was something she always had admired but never even thought of learning to use them.

Keith almost laught at Ruth reaction and stopped himself "Sorry Ruth, calm down and let's think a-..." but it seemed that she was in very emotional state now and then she suddenly left to a Toilet. "H-hey Ruth, wait just a while.. Aand she's gone.." he sighed.
"Really now, she is so similar to her.. Hope that she won't die as fast" He whispered to himself.

-
Jim smiled softly "Of course that you can try both.. Maybe.." he gave her a light machine gun "Let's try with firearms first. Take an aim, focus breathing and try to shoot down the targets" he said and suddenly room swapped the destroyed by Jim's targets for completely new, ready for their anihilation.
@Clunpsy

Amare nodded, and took the machine gun. She was expecting it to be heavier than it was, but it was called a light machine gun for a reason. She steadied herself and closed one eye. "So now do I just...?" She aimed it at one of the targets and pulled the trigger. It fired rapidly, hitting the target a total of three times, but missing a lot more. "Oh, wow... It fires really fast. I thought I was going to fall over from the force. But I hit it! I didn't think I would even hit it once!" She aimed at a new target, and did the same thing. Her pose was a bit awkward, and she kept adjusting the way she held the gun. Eventually, she hit it more times. She looked at Jim and smiled. "Did I do it well?"

She gave an approved smile. "Well of course, since you seem so interested in the art, I will be your teacher in sword arts" she said walking away from her for the moment grabbing a wooden sword for practice before walking back to her. "This is a wooden sword and of your own safety, you will use this to practice with through out your whole lesson on swordsmanship. You have to learn how to hold it and wield it correctly before you can hold a real one because one mistake will cost you serious injury and even your own life" she advised voice stern but clear. "Eventually, once you mastered the lessons I taught you, then you will be able to handle a real one like the one I had here" she said before grabbing the handle of her katana and pulled it out until the shiny silver blade appeared as she pulled it out completely. "This is a Katana, one of the swords you can wield but there are other swords you can wield besides the katana. I favorite it the most since it's easier to wield but if you do decide to wield the katana, then let me know and I will get further into detail about the sword and a word of advice, never hesitate" she warned before taking the wooden sword to show the basics. "Start by practicing in a downward motion like this and grip the handle firmly like this, I'll be to check on you so Dove will be with you watching you practice I'll be right back" she said leaving her with Dove. She was walking down the hallway until a loud roar seemed to catch her ear. She stopped for the moment as she looked around as she knew for a fact that roar came from that monster. She didn't know how far it was or close so started to walk again until she meant with the training room Keith was in with a student but had saw her run out looking a bit flustered. She stopped for a moment seeing her run into the ladies room before shaking her head and entered inside. She saw Keith before approaching him. "Keith, do you have a moment? It's important" she finished folding her arms against her chest. @JadeStar @Clite of Dragonbow

H looked at Jaden. "How well can you fight, without weapons? In order to be able to use a blade, you first need to be in control of your own body. If you can't even hande yourself, it would be useless giving you a weapon." When H was trained by his uncle before the Academy, he trained his body for two years, maybe three, just in order to get ready for the Ultima training at the Academy.

Keith looked at JC "What's wrong, one of the rooms isn't working correctly?" he asked, when she said that she have to tell him something. "Well, it seems that I have a 10 minutes of break..." he said quietly to JC.
@LunarSilvally

Jim looked like he was thinking hard about what to tell her, then chuckled and grinned smugly "Of course you did, Amare! Well, for a first time at least.. Okay, let's try being a shooter now" the targets were swapped for a new ones and at the same time Jim gave Amare another Ultima and then he showed his spirit cube again. "First focus on making a shape of a spirit, after that, imagine how would you want your bullets to hit the target, how they should move, their way till the hit... And then just use your will and send them at the targets. It requiers more focus, but it is way more creative way in fight" said Jim to Amare.. Okay, are you ready?
@Clunpsy

"I can handle myself in fight just fine!" said Jaden "I am stronger than I look and I know how to fight and win" he continued.
@CrazyWolf

She glanced to the side a bit sighing. "Would you mind coming with me tonight?" She asked. "I suggest you be geared up and have your weapon at hand..I just have this bad feeling in my gut so I must follow it until it's resolved because if anything gets chaotic, you got my back...will you have my back on this and when I say this I also mean my trust" she added glancing back at him under her mask waiting for him to answer her back. @Clite of Dragonbow

Amare took the Ultima. "Yes, I'll try my best!" She shut her eyes hard and slowly formed a cube of spirit. She opened her eyes and the cube split up into multiple smaller cubes that shot towards a target, each curving to hit the target at different points. "Wow,I hit a lot more this time!" On the next target, she made them rise up and hit it from behind. "So Gunners don't require as much focus, but Shooters are more creative. Jim! I think I'll be a Shooter!"

Keith sighed and stood up, slowly walking up to JC and put his hand on her shoulder, smiling softly to her. "I wouldn't mind to go with you. JC, I am here for all of you and if you have problems, doubts or feel that something is wrong, then I will help. So I will secure your back" he said with a soft voice "Mind if I ask you to wake up Daisy? She probably was waiting for you earlier. Oh, and JC.. You are important here and we.. I will always help you"
@LunarSilvally

Jim grinned and made a gentle laught "You know... When I saw you training now.. How hard you tried, efforts and effect show me that you will be a great Shooter, Amare. Remember, Shooter is someone who protects and supports the rest of the team, they may not take often enemy lifes themselfs, but often are the ones who protect lifes of a team and assist in winning a battle.. You will be a great shooter, Amare. Just keep going on your training... Now, let's try with moving targets, alright?" he asked and targets started to move slowly.
@Clunpsy

She looked to Keith and gave a gentle smile under her mask. "I appreciate that you will listen to my problems when I have them and listen and that would are willing to help me when I need it and that shows me you will not play with my feelings like how the previous "person" I was with before this all happened" she said reaching her bandaged hand to rest on top of Keith's hand which was on her shoulder to so appreciation about him caring for her. "Daisy?" She questioned. "She could have entered the training room labeled "Sniper Training" to find me there" she added. "But, if you could meet me at 8 tonight with Dove at the entrance weapon ready and geared up that would save much time" she said releasing her hand off his before folding her arms against her chest against. @Clite of Dragonbow

He was stronger than he looked, huh? Many people were like that, so it wasn't very surprising. "I'm gonna have to see myself just how good you are. Come at me, and I will see just how good you are. Just attack me. Come on, what are you waiting for?"

Amare nodded and looked at the targets. She watched them move for a bit so that she could predict their movements. The cubes of spirit appeared again, and she aimed them in a bit ahead of the direction the targets were moving. She managed to land all of the hits, which got her quite excited. She did the same for the other targets, each time hitting them from different angles to see which ones were easier to do. "Alright! I hit them again! They were going pretty slow though... Can you make them faster?"

"Yeah, sure thing, JC" said Keith and smiled "Maybe be so nice and wake Daisy up" he daid pointing at Daisy that was currently asleep. "We gonna begin a teamwork class soon too"
@LunarSilvally

Jim smiled and took a remote, he pressed one buttom and suddenly targets started to move faster and faster "Okay, they are faster now, give it your best, but try not to waste to much spirit. Teamwork class is about to begin soon, okay?" said Jim to Amare "Give it your best"
@Clunpsy

"Okay, I gonna give it a shot and hope to prove to you about my abilities" Jaden said and took a deep breath, full focus. He rushed at H, feinted a kick, rolled around H and aimed for a real kick in a back as a beginning.
@CrazyWolf