• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Tyranitar

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Another victim for the Clinic. After looking at its moveset possibilities I've been dumbstruck on what to actually give it.

So I'm leaving it open to you. What do you think is a good moveset and nature for this beast? Any help is appreciated.

For actual movesets, I'm not entirely certain, but I usually outfit mine with Rock Slide to take advantage of STAB, and EQ to take care of most of the Steel or Rock types that will be switched in because of Sand Stream. It can also learn a variety of other physical moves, so maybe Return? Also, I think that Dragon Dance, now, is a must on Tyranitar, especially a physical one like this. As for Natures, I can't do those to save my life.

So... My suggestion:

Tyranitar @Scope Lens/King's Rock/Leftovers/Whatever you want
-Dragon Dance
-Rock Slide
-EQ
-Filler (Return, etc.)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
*Laughs darkly* I've reviewed the way to get Dragon Dance on Tyranitar and, unless I'm seriously missing something (which is most likely the case), you have to breed it onto the Charmander line first - THEN onto Larvitar.

Colosseum has proven it to be a clearly awesome supporting attack, but my energy to get it is falling short. Does everyone think it's worth having?

My idea for a 3rd physical move was Aerial Ace to take out its Grass/Fighting-type weaknesses. Add that to your moveset and you basically just created the one I had in mind for myself ^^

Does anyone think Tyranitar could benefit from having Special Based attacks too?

You could also breed it to a Lapras first, then a Larvitar. ^^

As for special attacks, Tyranitar's max attack is about 70 points higher than special attack. So he is best put to use attacking.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
TheBlueAvenger said:
You could also breed it to a Lapras first, then a Larvitar. ^^

I will kill you if pushed too far :twisted:

Cacturne's being bred, I already bred my Squirtle, Snorlax will be bred, Larvitar in general will be bred... The idea of having to breed something first, then breed it again with Larvitar gives me a headache. What if I don't get a male Lapras/Charmander right off? This is going to take ages! :cry:

... And thus the 'breeding fiend' dies from laziness... b00 @ you all ;p

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Tyranitar, eh? Never can be bothered to train that thing (See my Dragonair. Level 50 and I'm sick of it)

Tyranitar
Timid
Brick Break
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Dragon Claw

Brick Break to take advantage of Tyranitar's high attack stat, like Earthquake. Rock Slide for STAB and Dragon Claw for good measures.