• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Two Pairs

Status
Not open for further replies.
The battle had been going for a while before Michael really responded- He was studying. His losses, to him, weren't losses as most people considered them. To most, they used their tactics, and if they lost, they trained harder and battled again...

...But Michael had hardly tried. He had done what he was doing now- Studying tactics.

"Every trainer has their own set tactics," he muttered to himself, "They probably don't even realize it most of the time. Sure, they can change up the move sets and effects, but in general, they have the same kind of combo- Accuracy, strike, or weaken, strike, defend. For instance, Sonjo will start off with a powerful attack, then casually defend and counter. That suits his Pokemon's physical abilities. For instance, Riolu is a physical master- Able to counter and attack with equal physical strength."

"I don't have a good grasp yet, but to me, this new trainer seems to be going for the same type of game I go for when I'm analyzing- Try and get the enemy to use all their available tactics. The easiest way is use a lasting effect, possibly get the enemy worried, so they throw everything out at you. Or, better yet, hit them with something unexpected- A water type that knows Thunder, or an Electric type that knows Surf, get them confused, see what happens when they're desperate.

"Talking of desperate," He continued to himself, sitting down, "Carrie fought with status effect combos, using different ones to not only keep her opponent on their toes, but to also keep it from going monotonous. When she gets angry or desperate, it seems she stops going for surprises and interesting tactics and goes straight for the ultimate damage- The best affecting status effects and strongest attacks to get the enemy down quicker."

He smiled to himself, calling to the fight. "I'm betting on Sonjo in this fight, and if you fight again, I'll bet on the newcomer, 'k?"

Alexander was wide-eyed at this point. It was a direct hit! Nothing that weakened could have survived that! The thing can't move, let alone attack!

This was when an Earthquake was unleashed, and Suraimu was feeling it. True that Poison types were weak against Psychic and Ground, but Suraimu's defences were topnotch. But he wouldn't be able to take much more punishment.

The Toxic was doing its job well. Gallade looked as if it had already fainted while standing up. There was nothing more it could do.

After the ground stopped shaking, and a great chasm in the earth was showing, Suraimu recovered from being in a curled position.

"Are you alright?" The silent Pokemon nodded, but it was hurt.

Gallade toppled backwords, as the earthquake subsided. Sonjo struggled to move, but he recalled his faithfull blade Pokeball. But it was time to get rid of that Muk, to serve justice for his last companion. He unhooked another pokeball, butting Gallade's in his place. "Go, Kadabra!"

This Pokeball unleashed a female Kadabra, raising her spoon up high. "Now, Calm Mind, followed by a Psychic!" The Psy Pokemon held his free hand to its head, then unleashing the attack upon the Mukky mess. The patterns were simular to that of Gallade.

"It's over..." Alexander knew Suraimu was done for as he was tossed aside. "Return."

Without thinking, he knew the last one he would use. He looked behind him. "Titan, you ready?" The Golem ran up into the "arena" and took a stance similar to Sumo Wrestlers. "Titan, end this fast, Sandstorm followed by Stone Edge!"

Titan closed his eyes as a slight wave of sand flew over...and in just a few seconds, all hell broke loose. The sandstorm was monstrus, brutal, and unforgiving. The trainers could barely see eachother as Titan carried out the second part of his task. He ran full force toward the Psychic and clipped her on the side. Apparently, Titan was playing around. When he came back, Alexander scowled at him.

"Never underestimate your opponent. Its the first mistake of many. Don't hold back anymore."

"A rock Pokemon, eh?" Sonjo smirked to himself. Among Kadabra's psychic moves, it also had several other attacks that could switch-up the tide of battle. The stage was set, an battle was as good as his. He looked back onto the stage. "Alright, then. Kadabra, use Energy Ball!"

Kadabra did as commanded, and formed a green transparent ball made of liquid with it's spoon. She lauched this attack at the boulder Pokemon, as it was slightly harmed by the sandstorm.

Carrie sat quietly after recalling Lapras, thanking him heartily for a good fight. She positioned herself next to Jolteon; tugging the dog into her lap and checking him over thoroughly to ensure the newcomer hadn't done anything to him. Nothing showed up, but she still eyed him warily.

She figured this had to be the last battle of the night. It would be dark very, very soon, and if anymore matches were going on it would have to be tomorrow.

But she wouldn't fight. She made it a habit to avoid fighting two days in a row, unless participating in a tournament. Her Pokemon were getting old--very old, considering Rai and Jolteon--and she didn't want to push them as much as she would have years ago. They couldn't handle the maneuvers as well.

She bit her lip and continued to watch, knowing Sonjo would win the fight. Come to think of it, she hadn't fought him in awhile.

'Day after tomorrow I'll fight all of them again, if they want. But not tomorrow, and not today. They've earned a rest.'

She absently scratched her beloved Pokemon behind the ears, watching the battle's end approach.

"Dodge it." Titan easily leapt out of its trajectory. Despite being a tank in more then one aspect, Titan was fast. Fast for a Rock anyway. "Rock Polish then Gyro Ball, and land into an Earthquake!" It was a complex move, but they've practiced it for years. The stone beast jumped into the air spinning into a ball as the sandstorm made him smooth as a pearl.

As he was spinning he landed right on the Kadabra, and as he rebounded, smashed into the earth with a sickening *crack* as the ground trembled and another scar on the earth rushed to meet with the spoon wielding opponent.

"Honestly," Alexander yelled through the storm, "Did you really think I was that easy? Just because you took out one of my partners early? Huh? Well you were wrong! Dead wrong!"

Sonjo laughed to himself. "Ah, good. It would be boring if this was going to be easy. I'll show you just how tatical I can be." Kadabra took the Gyro Ball, the was combined with earthquake It was devastating to be sure, and the sandstorm wasn't helping. But as long as Kadabra was still willing to fight, anything can happen.

"Alright, turn things around, Kadabra! Grass Knot!" Though she struggled to get back up, the Psy pokemon slammed it's hands onto the ground, raising a root of wood at the Golem's current stance, tripping it. This would have great effect, taking in account of how heavy Golem was, combined with the grass effect of the attack.

Damn, Grass Knot...the kid is good, but I'll have the last laugh...hopefully. His Kadabra shouldn't have much more in her...

"Get up! Just a minor setback, you can do this! Stone Edge again!" The now smooth Pokemon ran toward the Psychic without any sign of fatiuge. After all, one Grass attack was nothing. Titan has taken Surf attacks and even a Hydro Pump (even though afterward he couldn't move much). The Golem was faster now that he was polished and rammed into the opponent, running right over her.

"This is becoming interesting..." Alexander muttered to himself.

Kadabra took the ram, falling backwards. Her eyes were swirling, showing that it was unable to battle any further. Sonjo recalled her to her Pokeball, then re-latched it onto his belt. "Good battle-plan. You're Pokemon are tougher than the run-of-the-mill brand, but it's still no use. At least, not for what I have in store for you..." He tossed his final pokeball onto the field, revealing Combusken.

"Alright Combusken, Quick Attack combined with Sky Uppercut!" The bird nodded to his master, rushing toward the shining boulder with alarming speed. He then prceeded to deliver a devastating uppercut to Golem, making them both skyrocketing in the sky. "Now finish the combo with Brick Break!" But the firey fighter was already delivering the chop ontop of Golem. This sent it pirialing back to earth. "Combusken's my best pokemon. It's movements are more speedy than your rock by far."

"Fighting type...Titan, can you still move?!" The Pokemon made a crater in the earth due to the trashing of Combusken. The Rock-type got up, wavering a bit. "You ready?" Titan can barely stand. Fine. We go to Plan B.

Titan knew what was next. He ran near the Combusken -- and didn't attack. Just stood there. The Combusken tensed up, ready to fight. The Golem just looked at the fighting-fowl...and smiled.

"Explosion."

Sonjo shook his head. "Fool. Explosion ensures my winning. Substitue, Comusken." Still in midair, Combusken replaced itself with a doll replica of itself. The doll dispersed as soon explosion made contact.

Combusken landed beside Sonjo, having a little stumble from making the doll. "We win. Again."

Michael smiled. He knew Sonjo would win, it was obvious from the very first loss of the new-comer's Pokemon. The one who had three over two in one of these battles had an avalanche of advantage.

Plus, for most people, a Combusken against a Golem would have been death- Rock against Fire is very lopsided in Rock's favour, after all- But Michael knew the abilities of the fighting bird, having had one of his own.

He checked his watch, then stood. "We should seriously get moving if we want to get anywhere before nightfall. I'm sure Nurse Joy wouldn't mind healing our Pokemon back to full health quickly enough, but we have to get moving soon... Especially if we come anywhere near Lavender. Don't need to be ambushed by any ghosts now, do we?"

Carrie rolled her eyes.

"We should spend the night at the Center and leave for Cerulean tomorrow," She stated, making no immediate move to stand. Jolteon still lay sprawled across her lap, after all.

"We'll have her heal our Pokemon, then we'll crash, and tomorrow we'll be up bright and early to get moving. How's that?"

With the monologue over she pushed herself off the ground, carefully maneuvering the large dog in her arms. She headed for the doors of the Center.

"Who's with me?"

"I might as well go with you...." Alexander looked at the young man and extended his hand. "Nice battle! Best one I've had...well...ever! Including Gyms. Don't mind if I follow you guys for a while? At least till' I know where I'm going."

The party looked at him strangely.

"Um...well, uhh, I need to heal so I'll see you later, hmm?" He ran off toward the center immediately.

Carrie shrugged, following after him. Jolteon squirmed slightly in her arms, and she cooed to him to make the dog relax. She stepped inside the Center, passing the automatic doors. The inside was cool, and there were a few other Trainers about, settling down for the night, gathering their Pokemon and either heading out to explore the town or to the back for their rooms.

Carrie walked up to the front counter, smiling at Nurse Joy. The worrying woman took Jolteon from her with a fuss, accepting the rest of Carrie's occupied Pokeballs.

She sat back to wait.

"So, what are we going to do until tomorrow? I've seen the museum too much already, but I think Sonjo wants to visit. I'm probably not going to do much, myself."

Sonjo rested Gallade's and Kadabra's on the waiting dock, having Combusken waiting by them. He walked over to the rest of the group.

"Yeah, I'm going to the museum. Riolu's been itching to visit ever since we got to Pewter." Speaking of which... he tossed his little blue friend's pokeball onto the ground, the light releasing Riolu. He scurried onto Sonjo's shoulder as usuall, and chimed eagerly. "If anyone wants to come along, feel free to follow me." With that, he left the party temporarly.

"I'll go as well...haven't much to do anyway." After he healed his Pokemon, Alexander followed after Sonjo. "That was a great battle back there!" Sonjo didn't look at him.

"Look, it's nothing personal, it's just...argh, I'm training so I may beat the Elite Four without breaking a sweat. And with their reputation preceding what they are said to have, well...I must train hard."

Alexander looked at the museum looming in front of them. "For my parents..."

"If you have the right combo," Michael said behind the two. He had followed quietly, leaving his Pokeballs with Nurse Joy, "They're really not that difficult. The Hoenn league anyway. The hardest one of them was the Champ, Steven, who beat me only because Blaziken was unable to fight. If it wasn't for that Dragon trainer's overuse of Earthquake, I probably could have even taken Steve-o."

As they neared the museum entrance, Michael smirked. "So, what we gonna check out first? The rock exhibit? Or the other rock exhibit? Or how about that other one, the one with the rocks? Personally, I find the rock exhibit to be exquisite."

Sonjo rolled his eyes. "We'll look at whatever exibit Riolu wants to look at first." Riolu mimicked Sonjo's jesters, including the speaking with his native gibberish.

He heard Alexander's comment, and was curious. "Your parents...? Did anything happen to them? Or did they just lose to the Elite Four?" Sonjo knew it was nothing personal, but he wanted to know more about... whatever Alex was reffering to.

Alex sniffed. "It's nothing really. You know Wallace, Sootopolis Gym leader? I was raised by him, at least till' I was seven. He taught me all I need to know...but that doesn't answer you question. My parents were dead before I even knew their names. Its part of the reason I don't like riding in vehicles, because that was their coffin..."

Alexander looked up with tears in his eyes, but with a smile on his face.

"Don't mind me! So are we gonna' sit here all day, or look at those rocks?"

Michael threw his arms up in mock cheer. "Woo! Rocks!"

He dashed into the museum, halting right in front of the desk. The woman behind it raised her eyebrow at him. "Three tickets to the one on at six, please!" he said, grinning madly. The lady's other eyebrow rose now, as he sighed. "That would mean that three people want to enter to see the pretty rocks." Michael handed her the money required, and walked in. "Come on in guys, the rocks are great!"

Carrie rolled her eyes, silently following after them. She had left all her Pokemon with Joy, hoping for the Nurse to take extra time with Jolteon. She paid for her own ticket and followed, not even bothering to look around.

"Gods, I've seen this so many times." She groaned quietly to herself, but at least the others were having fun--Michael having fun mocking the exhibits, but still fun.

"Take your fill today. You probably won't be able to see it again for a long while."

Michael's constant sarcasm was priceless, but Alexander would rather sit alone. He sat near the fossils, Omanyte and Kabuto mostly. The building was bustling, especially shocking given the fact it was at night in a museum. Alexander usually sat down and looked for potential challengers, but he had two more he could face.

How did I lose? Sniper...he usually gets them in one shot...but I guess that Gallade that young man has is very well trained...and Suraimu...he should have taken out both of Gallade and Kadabra...I guess it was because of his natural weakness.

But I'm astonished by the fact that Titan lost. That is...unheard of. We even used the Earthshatter combo...how? How is this group different then the others I've fought? I need to find out. I need to know more.

Alexander got up and walked near Carrie, who kept her distance - and eyes - on both of the boys running amuck.

"So...how'd you end up with this motley crew? You don't seem the type to be making fun of museum exhibits, much less traveling with...well...anyone. No offence."

She cracked a mirthless smile.

"I don't, do I? Just as well. It keeps idiots away from me."

Carrie continued to watch the two enjoy their time in the museum (Sonjo and Riolu gazing awestruck at the displays, Michael apparently tormenting the staff members by devaluing their jobs with his sarcasm). After a moment, she continued. "I met Sonjo at a festival in Celadon, and we were paired up for a tournament. I invited him to come over to Pallet so we could start journeying together. It's rare I meet someone I enjoy traveling with, since most have no clue what their doing. Having two--or three, it seems with you, but I haven't quite erased my doubt of you yet--possibly skilled companions is an appealing idea."

The eighteen-year-old sighed. "We're going to Johto, by the way. You said you don't yet know where you plan on going. Any ideas, or just drifting?"

"I really have no clue where I'm going. Never did, quite frankly. But if you don't mind, I'd like to stalk you a bit." The look on Carrie's face was priceless.

"I'm kidding. But I would like to follow you all for at least a little while, seeing as I really have no place to go. The more the merrier I suppose. You said you were going to Johto? I haven't been there myself, but I hear it's a wonderful place. Any reason in particular why your going, if you don't mind me asking?"

Carrie's grin was mysterious.

"Even if there was, you can't possibly expect me to reveal it to you after just meeting you, can you? I don't mind you tagging along behind, but you might want to clear it with Sonjo. I doubt he'll mind, though. He's a pretty open person."

She sighed and started after the two, almost afraid they would destroy something priceless and ancient--and leave her to pay for it. "Let's stop those two before they break something."

Hearing Carrie, Michael turned, the grin he wore outside of battle apparently plastered on his face. "Oh come now, I only destroy the people that work here's self esteem, nothing worth anything."

The girl behind the desk scowled at him darkly. "Oh, uh... I mean, not worth MONEY... I think I'll probably get kicked out of here soon..."

He turned to Sonjo and Riolu, smirking. "Although, those two, they may actually be dangerous... Marvelling over exhibits usually causes people and Pokemon to get close, and in every situation, a Pokemon being absorbed in something is never good... Take Charizard for instance... Big crash or burst of flame always follows interest with him... It's sad."

"There's no way your Charizard could possibly be worse than Mischief. There's a reason he's named that."

Carrie shook her head, leaning against one of the few stretches of wall that weren't plastered with diagrams, posters and plaques.

"Mischief can only be supplicated by croissants. And those are very, very hard to find these days."

She slid down the wall, pushing her legs out to her sides and resting her fists on her knees. She ignored the offended glare one of the display caretakers shot her.

"Do you think they'll be done any time soon?" She asked. It was obvious who she meant.

Michael leaned against the wall he was closest to, smirking. "Who knows. It really depends on how long they can be bothered to stare at long-dead Pokemon for. I mean, it's pretty awesome when they get revived on Cinnabar, but right now, an awesome Aerodactyl is just a big rock with a semi-skeleton in it." His smile left, turning to the serious trainer look. "Personally, I prefer them living. Who wants to see fossils of deceased Pokemon? For me, it just brings to mind the fact that, at some point, they died, or were killed, and got absorbed into the earth."

He sighed, leaning his head back. "Bah, too philosophical for me. So then, how 'bout those rocks?"

Sonjo and Riolu both were far to busy going awe-struck over several different displays of fossils and what looked to be a few assortments of space-rocket models. The two of them jumped display to display with excitement, showing their radiant comments to everyone at the musuem to hear as they went along. Sonjo hadn't seen the place in a long time himself, come to think of it.

Alexander looked at his Poketch. 9:30. The museum would be closing soon.

"Hey, guys, sorry to bust you on your fun, but this place is gonna' shut down soon. I advise we find a place to settle down for the night." He looked back at Carrie. "And you need to get your Pokemon from the Center. Me too actually...I'm going to head there now. Meet there later I guess..."

He ran out the door without another word. The words of Michael echoed in his mind...

"Who knows. It really depends on how long they can be bothered to stare at long-dead Pokemon for. I mean, it's pretty awesome when they get revived on Cinnabar, but right now, an awesome Aerodactyl is just a big rock with a semi-skeleton in it. Personally, I prefer them living. Who wants to see fossils of deceased Pokemon? For me, it just brings to mind the fact that, at some point, they died, or were killed, and got absorbed into the earth."

"Everything dies at one point...Fate commands a sacrifice every now-and-then. But..." Alexander looked back to see the gang walking, playing with their Pokemon, smiles on their faces, "Is Fate telling me to stay? Or is it my own free-will? I'm not sure. We'll see."

Once at the Center, Alex picked up his Pokemon, thanked Joy, and waited outside for the rest of the group.

"Lets see what Fate has in store..."

Sonjo and his tiny aura friend examined a few more exibits, and decided enough was enough. They had the fun they wanted to have, and it was time to go back to the pokecenter. He notioned to the rest of the group that they'd had his fill of the musuem, and walked his way to the red-roofed medical center. It was there that Combusken greeted his master, and brought him Gallade's and Kadabra's respective Pokeballs.

He walked his way back outside, and waited with Alexander. "So, did you like the exibit?" He asked, aiming to Riolu. He happily gave out a cry in agreement.

Carrie retrieved her Pokemon--Jolteon having been placed back into his Pokeball for a good, long rest. She followed the others out, looking at them oddly.

"You all seem revving to go. Even though it's half past nine at night. Are you sure you'd rather keep going?"

She shrugged herself, running her fingers through her hair. "I don't care either way. You'd better decide now."

After Michael returned to the Center, retrieving his belt of Pokeballs and attached it to his trousers, he sat on the closest chair, smirking. "I could get going any time. The only time I sleep is after physical exertion- Yelling and thinking really isn't much trouble, physically, for me. My mind has had to work hard for the past eleven years, I'm sure it could withstand quite a lot by now."

He raised an eyebrow, glancing down at his belt. One Pokeball was shaking hard, and he recognized it as Blaziken's. "Oh dear..."

Charizard and Salamence shook hard too. "I think they might be TOO energy-filled. They've been 'healed' twice in a row without taking damage... I think they're getting a little high on it. Talking of which..."

He stood, moving to the P.C. He took Dragonite's ball, and placed it in the holder, causing it to disappear. Another ball, black with yellow markings on the side, appeared in its place. He took it, clipping it in Dragonite's place. "Yeah, I'm ready to go now."

Sonjo shrugged. "I'd rather stay here for the night. Besides, we've yet to have dinner..." Riolu grimaced as soon as the words left his mouth. "I've got some Miso Ramen, and I've been dying to try it out." Combusken jeered in agreement, thrusting his arm downword, hand balled in a fist. "But that's just my vote. What do you say, Alex?"

He really didn't care either way, though he'd rather not rest in a place like Diglet's Cave. And the Pokecenter would surely be closed in Vermilion by the time they get there.

"I didn't see much of the exhibits...I was too busy brooding." Alexander smiled to himself. He was always brooding.

He turned towards the group. "Well, we should rest. Unless you want to go through a cave at night. You know, the cave leading to Cerulean? It can get rough there, even in the daytime, and I don't want to get ambushed by a hoard of Zubat. Unless you aren't heading that way, which you might want to rest anyway, because Vermilion is a while away." Michael seemed to shudder at the thought of a Zubat ambush. "What? Has it happened to you? No matter, it really depends on you guys."

Alexander sat on the ground crosslegged. "After all, I'm just a follower. What do I know?" He gave them a slight smirk.

Carrie rolled her eyes and headed back into the Center, asking Nurse Joy to give them two rooms.

"Sorry, boys, but you'll have to share a room. Can't have you spending the night in my room."

Admittedly, her room would be far smaller, meant for a single occupant rather than many, but it was the privacy that counted, not the size.

She scratched the back of her neck and stretched, walking past the front desk to the hall. The guest rooms were located in the back, and she paused before the hall's entrance.

"Night guys. I'll wake you up at some obscenely early hour of the morning tomorrow."

She walked down the corridor, grinning sneakily to herself. Her quarters were easy to locate, and within moments she had settled down, tucking her Pokeballs under her pillow she no one who possibly broke into her room could acquire them without her awakening.

Michael rolled his eyes at Carrie. "Oh come now, we're not THAT bad... Okay, at least I'M not that bad. If Sonjo is so into exhibits, you really SHOULD keep away from him at night."

Grinning madly, he entered the male bedroom, removing his Pokebelt and holding it tight as he covered himself. He had tried many things, asking his father to take the Pokebelt from his room as he slept as he tried all different things. He was an amazingly heavy sleeper, and the only way his belt stayed safe was in his hands as he slept.

"Goodnight, children. Don't let the Weedle bite."

Sonjo gave the guys a smirk. "Sorry, but I don't have enough for all of us. You'll have to find something else to eat." He snickered to himself, as he dashed down the hall, Combusken eagerly following. He took three bowls out of his backpack once they got to the room. The lad filled the bowls with hot water, and took out what looked to be a container of ramen noodes, vegetables, and meat.

Riolu was confused. Then... he realised. Sonjo let him off easy! He cheered to himself, as Sonjo smiled. he served the meals, and busted three pairs of chop sticks. "Alright, Dig in!"

Status
Not open for further replies.