• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Two Pairs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carrie smiled, listening to their stories. She checked her watch as they moved along-- It was almost half-past two. The stories had really let time fly.

"We should reach Pewter in one and a half to two hours at this pace," She informed them. "We'll probably spend the night at the Center and get an early start tomorrow. What do you say?"

"I don't mind. It'll be nice to revisit Pewter. After all, Riolu hasn't gotten a chance to see the sights there." He looked at his blue companion, who grinned back at him. He liked seeing the world and all of it's people. Riolu was always like that, ever since it hatched from its egg.

Michael nodded, spotting a little dash of yellow disappear into the grass-land as the rest of the Pikachu ran away from the small group. "I might get to see Brock again! Hell, show him how Charizard has grown or something, maybe even have a little friendly battle with him. He's pretty philosophical about Pokemon, it might be fun to talk about things with him- Pokemon breeding, the different foods they like. I heard he cooked really good Pokefood."

Blaziken's eyes widened in happiness. Michael rolled his eyes. "I think Blaziken bored of Pokeblocks a while ago."

"Has he ever had beef jerky?" Carrie questioned in a teasing manner. Jolteon growled at her threateningly, daring, just daring her to hand over his jerky.

She shook her head. "Anyways, we still have some time left before we reach Pewter. How about we continue our stories? Or, better yet, ask other questions. Like, say, have you guys ever been in competitions, and if so which ones? You two are pretty strong trainers from what I can see."

Sonjo brought his hand to his chin, Riolu mimicing his master. "Well, I've been in my fair share of Contests. I've competed in the Poketower in Sinnoh, which is pretty challanging. They even have a Battle Salon there, where you could pair up with different trainers; for two-on-two matches. And I've been in the Leagues, but we haven't been able to break through yet." He shrugged to himself.

"I haven't been able to beat the Leagues yet, either, but I've always managed to get a pretty high rank in all of them. I've been in some Contests, but I find it isn't really thrilling enough to hold my attention. Not like a really tough battle that gets your blood pumping."

Jolteon yipped his agreement.

Blaziken snorted at the Jolteon, rolling its eyes. Michael smacked his arm, smiling. "I've been in the Kanto Pokemon League once, but I didn't get very far... I need to try that again... It's been, like, five months since I last tried. I did do the Hoenn League though- Finished up the Elite Four, then got to fight Steven... Stupid rock Pokemon... Gyarados really helped in that situation though. Didn't win, but got at least four of his Pokemon down."

He grinned again, closing his eyes slowly. "Pikachu may be weak in a fight, but in the Hoenn competitions, he obliterated everyone in the Cool ranking."

The sun was sinking beyond the horizon. Carrie checked her watch again. 3:50 P.M.

"We should get there within a half hour," She mumbled to herself. She covered the watch with her sleeve, turning to the boys.

"Well, I've actually met Lance before, but it was a very brief meeting. He's tough. I'm not surprised I didn't beat the League. and Steven...I've learned to hate his Rock Pokemon as well, seeing as how the only Water Pokemon I have capable of taking them on is Lapras, and...well...he doesn't move well on land. Let's leave it at that."

Sonjo observed the passing surroundings. They'd be out of the forest in a little while longer, provided that they wouldn't stop walking. "I met Stephen in Dewford. He was just getting out of a cave there, and he seemed to have a peice of paper in his hand." Ah, the past held plenty of stories and memories. "But when I met with Stephen, he used mostly steel type pokemon. His Aggron was a powerfull opponent."

Carrie scratched at her face.

"I have an Aggron," She mentioned, as if it was an afterthought. "I actually used her in the Hoenn League instead of Espeon, since I already had Mischief. Her name is Ramona, and I haven't used her since. Maybe one of these days I'll take her out for some exercise."

The sun was sinking lower, and the sky's color was changing. Carrie checked her watch again. 4:01 P.M.

"Only a bit left, then we can settle in to Pewter and maybe have a few practice matches."

"Ah, that's good. Riolu's getting a little jumpy over here." Riolu wiggled a little, trying to adjust to a more comfortable position. Sonjo himself felt a little more comfortable knowing his friends begginings and happenings on their adventures. He cracked his knuckles, and remembered that Combusken never got to his stretches. He chuckled breifly and quietly to himself.

Carrie could make out the rooftops over the trees on the horizon. She pointed to it.

"We'll get there soon." She stated.

Carrie looked at the ground as she walked, thinking of their travel route. She still hadn't decided it they should take the long way around to Johto or not.

"Aggron... Don't like that thing much. Too big, clunky, and steel-typish. That's why I prefer Onix over Steelix." Michael said, almost to himself, as Blaziken began punching the air as he walked. Michael turned to it, eyebrow raised. "What is with you? You're hardly ever this 'punch-kicky...' Something up? Personal life messed up with Moltres? I told you, no matter how majestic it looks, it's a GUY."

Blaziken's eyes turned to slits, pure anger irradiating at his trainer, before he continued sparring with the air.

"...You know, for a multi-coloured fire-type animal with powers, you take things a little too seriously..."

Jolteon gave Michael a bland, dull look, as if to tell him with his eyes 'You need to get a life.'

Carrie bonked him on the head, even as Pewter came into view.

"You really need to work on your people skills, Jolteon. You'd think you disliked being around others."

Jolteon snorted sarcastically.

"You're acting like Espeon, you know."

Jolteon bristled in an offended manner. Carrie rolled her eyes at him.

"You know it's true."

Riolu smirked at Sonjo, who in reply grinned to him. Micheal's Blaziken reminded himself of Combusken, who was still resting inside of his pokeball. He might let him out when they settle at Pewter City, but only if he's up to it... which he probally will be. " Y'know, Moltres has no real gender. Neither does any other legendary Pokemon. That's why you never see others like it." The little blue Pokemon began fidgeting upon Sonjo's shoulder. 'We're here, we're here! Finnaly, it's Pewter City!'

The exit was in sight. They were almost out of the forest, at last.

Carrie sped up slightly, smiling as the Pokemon Center popped into view before them.

"Should we rest for a bit and settle in before our practice matches, or just roam around town?"

Sonjo already knew the answer to that question. "Let's practice! There'll be plenty of time for a sightseeing afterwords." His fist was slammed into his left hand. "It'll be a good oprotunity to give our Pokemon some exercise themselves... Providing that they won't be as intense as the last one we had." Sonjo sweat-dropped momentarily.

Carrie grinned fiendishly.

"I guess that means Espeon stays in his Pokeball."

Jolteon growled in agreement, looking aghast at the very idea of letting the creature out.

Michael grinned, nodding as Blaziken grinned too. "Yes, that means you get some practice in... As long as you don't go all Flamethrower on everything, alright?"

He could practically see the word 'disappointment' appear above the fire-bird's head, and it seemed to have just a little bounce in its step.

"Oh, yeah, I know they're genderless... But that just makes it all the creepier. I mean... Well... Nevermind." Michael shook his head to rid it of the thought, shivering.

"Let's say they pop up out of nowhere and leave it at that."

By this time they had entered the town proper, passing by the man who was always so obsessed over gardening.

"Let's take a quick break at the Center then come back out for the matches. That way everybody's rested."

Observing the plants, Michael frowned slightly. "Is it just me, or have they not changed since, like, a month ago? You'd think that they'd at least grow or wilt..." He nodded, however, at the mention of a Pokemon Center, and followed behind Carrie, returning Blaziken to his ball for a minute.

Carrie shrugged.

"It's never changed. The garden's been like that since I was ten."

'And that was a long time ago,' She thought wirily to herself. The chiming of the Center doors sliding open grabbed her attention and she stepped inside, glad for the air-conditioning. Summer around these parts was always hot.

She approached Joy and handed over her Pokemon for a routine check-up, Jolteon moving forward to stand at the Nurse's feet. Carrie stood back to let the boys hand over their Pokemon.

"Who should fight who first?"

Riolu hopped onto Sonjo's tray of pokeballs, still trying to get the scent of repel out of his nose. "Well, I'm sort of curious about our new friend Micheal here, so I'll be more than happy battle him. Riolu's got a new fighting style he's been wanting to try out." Sonjo's face shone with confidence, it works well with all of the critter's attacks.

Carrie smiled.

"Well, wait until Joy is done with them, first."

She sighed and moved to the nearest seat, flopping down tiredly.

"It's been a while since I've done any serious traveling," She mused. "I must be getting fat."

Sonjo laughed at her comment. "I'm always on the go. I practice martial arts with my pokemon when I'm alone. We're always in tip-top shape." The eager lad started fiddling with the loose of his wrist bandages. "My Dad used to teach at a Dojo. You'd be amazed how good he used to be." He remembered staring at his Father's 'Wall of Acheivements' for the first time, and grinned to himself.

She shrugged and tapped her foot, staring at the lit sign that indicated Nurse Joy was still in the back.

"The only exercise I get at home is gardening and playing tag with my Pokemon at Oak's." She said. She grinned. "Jolteon is the reigning champ, of course. No one can catch him. Well, they try, but anything short of using Psychic won't get him, and that's not allowed. I always lose--naturally."

"Playing with Pokemon is fun, too. We sometimes listen to music together, and dance all over the place... with a few exeptions, of course." He referred to his stiffer partners, but they'd still listen. Sonjo trwirled the lossed bangages around his index finger, and unravled. "Pokemon, make great friends." he said, with a radiant smile.

The light went off. Carrie rose from her chair, looking a bit dissapointed at the short break. Joy wheeled a cart stocked with Pokeballs into the room, and Jolteon followed at her feet.

Joy smiled. "All healed up. They're perfectly healthy. Just make sure they get their daily vitamins and bring them around in a few weeks for another check-up."

Carrie smiled and nodded throughout the lecture, having heard it many times before. She took her Pokemon back and settled them around her belt. Jolteon barked a greeting.

"Alright, let's go outside."

Riolu hopped back onto his master's shoulder, letting out a merry cry upon landing. Sonjo pat his furry blue friend, then took his small spherical pokeballs, and placed them in their respective places on his belt. "Okay, let's give it our best." he announced to everybody currently in the room.

Michael nodded, following behind, retrieving his Pokeball belt from the Nurse. As he stepped outside, he quickly retrieved Blaziken's ball from the belt and it shook hard. "Yeah, yeah, you're gonna fight. Calm down, jeez."

He simply dropped the ball right in front of him and Blaziken seemed to practically leap from the light. Flipping in the air yet again, he landed in a crouched position. Michael rolled his eyes, smacking the arm of the bird to get him a little more serious. "So then, how are we gonna battle?"

Riolu pumped off of Sonjo's shoulder, and landed on his side of the feild. He got into stance, both legs bent, and one ahead of the other. The inside of his right paw was facing Blaziken, the other at his waist.

"I guess it's three-on-three. No withdraws and no items. That's all I care about."

Carrie settled down on the grass near them, Jolteon laying down to lean against her side.

She smiled down at him.

"Who do you think is going to win?"

Jolteon cast her a lazy eye before returning his attention back to the combatants. He was quiet for a moment before he shifted, left ear twitching with a humph.

Carrie blinked. "You think Michael is going to win? Why?"

Jolteon shrugged, the look in his eyes saying 'I just know, okay? Don't question me.'

Carrie tugged on his ear.

"Fine," She announced loudly so the other two could hear her, "If Michael wins I'll let you eat beef jerky everyday for a month."

His ears perked up, interested.

"But if you lose," She continued devilishly, "you can't have any for as long. Deal?"

He rumbled lowly at her but agreed, giving Michael a look that said he had better win or else.

"Okeydokey then," Michael replied, nodding at Blaziken. The fire-type's right clawed hand outstretched as he left hand pulled into his body in a rather common stance for wild Blaziken, if a little more practiced. He also allowed his body to lean back a little, allowing him not only the ability for more dodge-time, but a little more leverage for an attack. "You'd better be prepared, Blaziken. Haven't fought one of these before. Don't know its capabilities yet."

Blaziken nodded, hands fluctuating in a way to prepare.

Sonjo took a hard look at Micheal's pokemon. It looked very powerfull, and adgile at that. He'd take care of that first. Having his stradegy set, he made his first move. "Alright, start-off with Force Palm, Riolu!" With the command issued, the aura Pokemon swurved in different dirrections, and landed said Force Palm on Blaziken's chest.

Seeing the incoming attack, Michael's stature shifted entirely. Previously being a good-humored guy, his eyes lowered, he stood up completely straight, and his voice lowered to a more commanding tone. "Alright Blaziken, you can take the hit, just pull up a Sky Uppercut, try and throw the thing off-balance!"

The Force Palm hit Blaziken, not directly in the chest due to his right arm pulling back, but in the left shoulder. This sent a jolt of pain straight through him, almost causing him to stumble, but he pulled through, throwing his right arm and some of his weight into the air, fist alight with energy.

Riolu took the hit, being sent shooting up into the air. Sonjo smirked, he knew just what to do. Once Riolu was close enough to the target, hurled his plan. "Now, Counter!" Riolu ragained sight of his opponent, and came down upon Blaziken's head with the same palm he held at the beggining. The little blue dude dumped back, and prepared for the next attack.

"Oh cr--"

Blaziken went down, head connecting with the floor hard. His eyes lit up with flame, and Michael called out. "Okay Blazi, let's pull off a Blaze Kick!"

The fire bird gripped the ground, feet lighting up in flame, and it began spinning in a whirlwind from the ground, embers and flame firing into the air. The bird then appeared to be falling... But then, it launched itself from the ground, straight in Riolu's direction, a mess of fire-covered clawed feet.

Riolu's eyes grew larger as the fire fury grew closer. He acted upon instinct, and held out ad to defend itself. When the barrage reached him, Riolu was sent racing back. It struggled greatly to even regain his stance. But when he was back up, both trainer and pokemon both knew what was comming. "Okay, Riolu, unleash Reversal!"

Riolu took off, bracing the pain he obtained from Blaziken. He leapt a little pass his target, crouching and having two fingers outheld on each paw. Then, a firy of his own was released upon the target, a barrage of 'pokes' filled with every ounce of pain Riolu endured was set out on Blaziken slowly sending him backwards.

Blaziken had turned, throwing up his hands to take some of the damage. The fire, while he was strong against the element, still hurt, especially with the power it was sending back.

But Blaziken wouldn't have to wait long. Michael had analyzed Riolu's and Sonjo's attack pattern- They sent out one real attack, then began a row of double-powered counters. So far, though, they had only been physical attacks, and the Pokemon was really hurting Blaziken...

...But that probably equaled out in the Special Attack department.

Blaziken sensed that his trainer needed the Pokemon to get some range, so it slid to the side to give it some leverage, and leaped to the side. Rolling to a stop and facing Riolu, but Michael didn't send out an attack order. "Use your speed, Blaziken- Keep him from hitting you, just keep moving."

The fire type began leaping from side to side, trails of flame popping from its beak.

Carrie leaned back on her hands, eyebrows shooting to her hairline as she watched on in interest. Jolteon gave her a smug look.

"Shut up," She told him seriously, "It's not over yet."

His eyes said 'I didn't say anything!'

Carrie rolled her own. "You don't need to say anything. You're broadcasting live from the Lavender Radio Tower at this point."

Jolteon growled at her and she smiled amicably.

Status
Not open for further replies.