• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Two Pairs

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Carrie Slovak, also a Pokemon trainer. And Rai's a mother; it's just her instinct. Better get you to town quick, though, before she sits you down and throws alcohol on those scratches."

Carrie gently tugged Rai away, a hand on her head in consolation. Rai eyed Michael sharply, as if it was her dearest wish to wrap him up in bandages until he couldn't move.

Sonjo was pretty dumbfounded at Micheal's tale. Then he heard his introduction, and found it only proper to give him his name in return. " Sonjo Mosaki; I'm also a trainer. Right here beside are my buddies, Combusken, and Riolu." He pointed each one out, and they bowed as they were introduced. "But, introductions aside, We should hurry up and get you some medical provisions."

Rai heard that. She seized the newcomer by the sleeve and began dragging him back the way he had come, calling over her shoulder for them to follow. Carrie trotted after them with a smile on her face, amused by the mouse's antics.

She looked at Sonjo. "I was thinking we'd hike it over to Pewter and then take Diglett's Cave to Vermillion. We could either snatch a boat or mosey on over to Saffron and take the train. What do you think?"

Michael's surprise at the Raichu's rushing pull was evident, his eyes rolling. "You remind me of a Chansey..." he muttered, chuckling as well. However, his head turned back to the other two quickly. "Nice to meet you both. One of these days, I might just challenge you to a battle or two!"

Following the Raichu was strange to Michael... The only 'Chu' he had really known was a Pikachu he had caught in Viridian Forest who, still a Pikachu, was now tending to the rest of his weaker kin in said Forest. Even so, the Pikachu had been following the trainer, and the reversal confused him immensely...

...But he was broken from his reverie when Carrie spoke. He turned again, almost stumbling. "Where are you guys going, anyway? Somewhere fun? Interesting? Rare-Pokemon-like??"

Carrie jumped.

"Er, Johto," She said, speeding up some in order to catch up. "We were just discussing the quickest way to arrive there. Doing some, ah, traveling, you know?"

Rai rolled her eyes, her insistent tugging never ceasing. Her tail flicked in a way that told Carrie the Pokemon knew she was being vague on purpose.

Sonjo heard Carrie's suggestion first, and then replied to it. "Sure. I was even willing to take a longer route if we had to." Then, the trainer's attention turned back to Micheal. "Yeah. We're going there to, y'know, check a few things out." he said, following Carrie's lead. He wasn't sure if they should reveal their true intentions to this man just yet.

Michael chuckled again... At least before he gasped and gripped his stomach. "Aah... Oh come now... I'm a trainer too, remember? You wouldn't go to another region JUST to explore it... I would have believed that more if you'd said 'Breeder' or 'Researcher' as your profession, but I don't believe for a SECOND that you'd go to Johto for a picnic or somethin'..."

He stumbled over a rock, sighing. "Y'know, you'd think that on a route ten year olds usually follow, they'd clear it up a little... Make it safer..."

He turned his head back, a smile slipping on his face. "Come on, spill it- What's going on? It must be something good, or you wouldn't try and hide it, so it isn't just going to capture a Hoot-Hoot or two..."

Carrie smirked at him, not in the least bothered by the fact that they were caught red-handed.

"A Hoot Hoot?" She rolled her eyes. "Please. No, we're just following a rumor. I heard my brother's in Johto somewhere, and we're off to see if we can find him. Happy?"

Rai suddenly started, catching Carrie's attention. The Pokemon pointed with her free paw towards the horizon. The roofs of buildings were just beginning to scrape over the treetops, and Carrie smiled.

"We'll be able to get Nurse Joy to fix you up no problem."

The lad shrugged to himself. He was never the best lier, and he prefered to be honest. He sneaked Riolu's pokeball behind his back, and recalled the small aura pokemon. If he went into town with him on his shoulder, he'd probally be ambushed by questions.

"So, we'd best be off then."

It wasn't long before they entered town. The area was relatively quiet at this time in the morning, a few postmen and residents going about their morning chores, moving to work crowding the streets. Carrie led the group into the Pokemon Center, pleased to note that it was practically empty. Nurse Joy sat behind the counter, a Chansey next to her. She was typing away as they approached.

"Nurse Joy?" The woman looked up, smiling brightly. "My friend here is hurt. I know he's not a Pokemon, but would you mind taking a look at him?"

As they approached Nurse Joy, Michael smiled. It always struck him as rather demented that two families had, what, thirty-two identical sisters? That must be a looooot of--

"Who says I'm not a Pokemon? Perhaps I'm simply a Ditto taking the form of a human, hmm??" he said, grinning as well as before... Although, y'know, the bleeding probably made it hard to be very highly-humorous. "So, yeah... I might need a few bandages and antiseptic, but I should be fine, right? No terminal Pidgeyrus going around, right?"

Carrie felt a cold wind whip by.

"I think I need hot chocolate after that," she said dully. Rai--who was rubbing her arms, nodded in agreement, 'chu'ing in discomfort.

Nurse Joy looked at Michael oddly but nodded, coming from behind the counter and leading them to a pair of couches nearby.

"I'll be right back," She said, leaving the room. She promptly returned after retrieving a first-aid kit, and began to patch him up.

Sonjo's face slightly scrintched. It was a sloppy joke, for even if Dittos were to transform into humans, they'd still mutter their own names. He pat Micheal on the back. "The blood loss might of made you a little delousional." he said, half joking himself. Combusken was running in place, to get ready for their morning stretches. Sonjo saw this, and smiled.

Carrie settled back to watch Joy work. Rai, however, was not content to just sit by. She was watching Combusken with interest.

She hopped off the couch next to Carrie, striding up to the fire bird. She tapped him once on the shoulder to get his attention, then threw a feint punch to his left. She grinned, pulling her fists up in boxing stance.

Carrie rolled her eyes.

Michael let the Nurse work on the scratches quietly, watching the other Pokemon. A Pokeball shook on his belt, and he was about to worry before he realized it was Dragonair... If it had been Salamence, he would have freaked...

He unclipped the Pokeball, releasing the smaller-than-usual Dragonair from its ball on the seat next to it, allowing it to stretch and curl up on a spiral, eyes closed lazily. He glanced at the majestic blue Dragon Pokemon, smirking. "You know, for a flying dragon serpent, you're really rather lazy."

A splash of water from the creature's mouth shut him up rather quickly.

Carrie smiled at the Dragonair. It reminded her of Charles, since the fire lizard was always snoozing away when he wasn't fighting.

Meanwhile Rai had kept up her boxing stance, attempting to entice Combusken to spar.

((OC: Sonjo had to get off, but he'll be back on later.))

Dragonair glared at Michael as he began to ready himself to talk again, and he stopped. He looked at the water dragon for a few more seconds before returning to silence. His cuts were mostly bandaged now, the antiseptic burning slightly on the cuts and scratches and peck-marks, but other than that, he was pretty good for travel. He turned to Carrie, raising an eyebrow. "Question- Is there any room for another in your journey?" he asked, leaning back against the chair.

Another ball shook on his belt, but he tapped it and it stopped. The place was already pretty Pokemon'd up... Pokemon'd? Pokemoned? he thought to himself.

Carrie thought about it, shrugging.

"I don't see why not. I have no issues with it. Anyways, it's better to travel in larger groups, I think."

Sonjo nodded in agreement. "I don't mind it either. 'The more, the marrier.' "He snook a bottle of water from his backpack and took a sip from it. He laughed as he saw the Blazing bird accept Rai's challange and began throwing a few jabs itself, soon after getting back into his own fighting stance, one fist behind its back, and one on front, to keep an equal guard.

((OC: Ah! Lee-stance! My cousin does that...))

Rai gave a reckless grin, feet dancing beneath her as she moved away from the couches, tail whipping to and fro. She waved for Combusken to follow her.

Carrie smiled herself. "I recognize that," She said, "it's the look she always has when she decides to fight without using any special moves like Mega Punch. At least it's just a spar and not an actual match."

Combusken smirked. He quickly ran over to meet Rai's range. His eyes narrowed as he made the first move, leaping into the air and gave the electric mouse a light turning kick.

Sonjo was watching with interest. "Yeah, Combusken isn't that bad when it comes to hand-to-hand combat. He used to train with me everytime we had the chance." He scratched his nose, keeping eyes glued to the 'match'.

Rai leapt nimbly out of the line of fire, paw coming with a strong left hook towards Combusken. Her eyes were gleaming madly, showing her joy at sparring.

Carrie smiled at them both. "It's good for her. She has no one to spar with."

Combusken firmly recovered, and landed safely on its feet. He came back to release a kick below Rai's chin, lifting her slightly off the ground.

Other trainers began to crowd over to watch their little sparring round. Sonjo soon noticed. "Heh, think we should sell tickets?" he joked.

Rai recovered with a backflip, tail lashing out as she stood on her front paws. The long appendage wrapped around Combusken's leg, tugging the bird towards her as she began to spin in a circle, long feet out in a whirlwind of motion.

Carrie smiled, partly joking. "We'd make good money. We should do commentary. 'Oh, and there she goes, displaying her signature move, the Tornado Blitz!'"

He laughed briefly at that. "At least we have a little entertainment while we wait to set off again."

Combusken was struggling to get out, whilst being spun about. He was tempted to breathe fire, but instead he honored the conditions of traditional hand to hand combat.

The same ball shook, harder this time. Michael sighed, gripping it to ensure it stayed closed. "I think Blaziken's getting a little too excited about the fight, heh. I'm betting on Combusken- A fighting type mixed with a bird's speed would outrun an electric-mouse type's speed, even with the ability to bounce on the tail easy... At least, usually."

The ball shook harder, causing Michael to sigh. "Talking of fighting birds, Blaziken needs to battle at some point... Last thing he fought was a Pelipper, and beat it in one hit... He's itching for a beat-em-up."

Carrie smiled.

"He can fight one of our Pokemon later. Right now Rai needs exercise."

The Pokemon in question delivered a powerful kick to Combusken's middle before releasing him, bouncing back, tail whipping about, paws up, dancing upon her feet. She offered the bird another grin.

Combusken had a tough landing, but wasn't willing to give in just yet. He got to his feet, taking a more accelerating dash towards Rai. Taking to the air, he delivered a powerfull kick to her face, followed-up by a punch to the stomach.

They boy's interest was once again perked. "You have a Blaziken?"

Raichu responded with a swift round-house kick to the her opponent's face, tail lashing through the air. It wrapped around his foot and yanked harshly, aiming to topple him to the floor.

"Yes!" Carrie cheered, pumping a fist in the air, "She's going to do 'it'!"

Raichu went for the opponent, short arm bending to elbow him harshly in the gut.

Carrie smiled, turning to Sonjo. "Wanna place bets before things get serious?"

"Just wait. Combusken likes taking his time." Sonjo knew when the bird was put into a cornor, he'd release that move. It's deadly in actual combat.

Combusken was sent back, but landing a sloppily on its feet. There was a sparkle in the bird's eyes, as he took off at an alarming speed. The dash went into another kick beneath the jaw, but this time, sent her shooting into the air. the fighter chased after her, putting the mouse into a lock around her body. They hurdled towards the ground, Combusken putting its hand out to cushion their fall.

Carrie saw a slight upcurve to Raichu's mouth the moment before impact. Her own tail wrapped around Combusken's arm, yanking it up into the air before them so that it wouldn't prevent them from crashing into the floor. Carrie held her breath; she was wondering when Rai was going to use 'it', but it didn't look as if an opening had occured yet.

It was now a double-edged sword, for Combusken took the fall as well. The tail still around it's arm, the firey bird could not break free. However, Combusken smirked as he got up begging to spin around rapidly. Sonjo broke out a fan with the 'Yin-Yang' symbol upon it. "Pretty close, eh?"

Carrie sweat-dropped. "I'm not going to ask where you got that."

Raichu grit her teeth and held on, thorougly uncomfortable with the sensation of all her weight on her tail. There was only one thing she could do.

She let go. Of course, she went flying, and landed in a heap, but within moments she was back on her feet, no worse for wear. She growled as she massaged her tail, a furious glare passing through her face. It said, 'Now this is personal.'

Carrie placed her face in her hands, unwilling to watch.

Rai bolted forward fast enough to blur, grabbing Combusken by the arm. She used her momentum to swing him over her head, not surprised at all when he recovered his footing. She used his weight as an anchor and pushed forward, burrowing her foot into his stomach as far as it could go.

Carrie winced.

"Maybe I should call this off. She's starting to use her speed, which is a sign she's pissed."

"It's not over until it's over. Combusken still has a little left on him..." It was time.He could tell from the bird's smirk through the pain that it was time he released his true fury.

Combusken was sent back, still holding his footing. It started panting, breaths getting more quiet than the last. But then, he looked at his target. He unleashed his full speed on Rai, giving her the uppercut of its life. Then, it bounced off of the wall, to deliver one blow, and repeated this process. To finish, he pumped off the ceiling and delevered several swift jabs to her stomach. The landing was more devastating then the last.

Carrie's eyebrows shot to her forehead.

"She's tough, but I don't think she's that tough. I just know the moment she's alone she'll go slinking off to bawl about how much her tail hurts."

The metaphorical dust cleared. Raichu stood with some obvious effort (Carrie doubted she had expected that barrage), and though damaged, still rearing to go. She brought her paws back in front of her, deadly seriousness crossing her face.

Carrie inhaled sharply.

"She's going to do 'it'."

If there was one thing to Raichu's advantage in this battle, it was speed. The only Pokemon Carrie had ever encountered that was faster than her was Jolteon, whose main tactic was to out-maneuver his opponents.

Rai was in top shape when it came to speed when she was angry, and the look in her eyes said it all. She took off twice as fast as she had before, seeming to dissapear before reappearing behind Combusken. She gave him a full, hard blow to the spine, tail wrapping once more about his leg. She tossed him into the air. She brought her tail beneath her, then, bouncing once, twice, three times for momentum.

The last bounce shot her after Combusken into the air; a sharp kick to the back sent him higher (Carrie winced at this, hiding her face again), and Rai landed on her tail. One last, powered bounce sent her sailing even higher than Combusken, and with a furious spin she turned and body slammed him full in the stomach, sending them both crashing to the floor. Rai, however, came out relatively unscathed, her tail holding her afloat and acting as conductor to the shock of landing.

Carrie breathed out deeply.

"She hasn't had to do that in six years," She said at last. She eyed both Pokemon, thinking she should stop it now before it became an actual match.

Sonjo was impressed. He's never seen moves like those. Not even from Bruno. The aftermath was equally as baffling. Though Combusken was terribly fatigued, and injured to boot, it was still trying to get up. "Alright, that's enough, Combusken." He snapped his fan back into his pocket, and stopped him from getting up. "You'll never give up, will you?" He called Nurse Joy over, to take Combusken back for healing.

Rai cheered softly, a paw punched into the air with victory...

Before she promptly fell over. A weak, whiny 'chu' announced to the world that she was officially too beaten up to move any longer. Carrie sighed and went to help her up.

"Silly thing. You'll stay standing just long enough to win before you keel over yourself." She recalled her, handing the Pokeball over to Nurse Joy for healing.

The woman obviously hadn't approved of the spar, but she took the task without comment.

Carrie looked over at Sonjo.

"Your Combusken is really tough. I haven't seen Rai go at it like that in a long time."

She then noticed the crowds around them. She scowled, waving her hand dismissively.

"Fun's over, folks."

Sonjo promptly nodded to Carrie's comment. "Rai's incredible as well. I wasn't expecting anything like... that." He was obviously was reffering to the mouse's last move. "She must of underwent some intense training." He said, smiling. He was very proud of both pokemon. It was just awesome.

Carrie shuddered a bit in remembrance.

"She was at the Center for three days after she learned that move," She said gravely. "The only way she could learn it was by having it done on her enough times to where she knew what every movement felt like. Primeape didn't go easy on her."

She sighed. The clock on the wall read 7:28, and they should get going soon if they wanted to make it to Pewter by nightfall. She mentioned this aloud to both of them, tapping her foot as she waited for Raichu to be brought back to her.

Michael was awe-struck.

Blaziken, during its Combusken stage, had been quicker than any opponent it had ever fought, including three Raichu. The only thing speedier was a Pokemon's Quick Attack... But this Raichu was not only speedy, but stronger than the other trainer's Combusken when the speed was used correctly.

Compare this to a Snorlax- Snorlax is usually strong, and powerful. This also leads to it being heavy though, causing its lack of speed. Then, Rattata. Rattata is speedy and dodgey... But it couldn't take down a Torchic.

This Raichu... It amazed him beyond words. At least until Carrie mentioned the fact that they would be leaving. It brought him back to earth easily enough.

"Oh? Oh, right, right... Sonjo, yeah, Blaziken's one of my best friends, as well as my fastest Pokemon. It knows a good few fighting styles, but it specializes in special attacks... Hyper Beam, Fire Spin, the works. Hell, the strongest physical move at its disposal is Sky Uppercut... Which, I won't lie, IS rather powerful... But in a hand-to-hand situation, Raichu and probably even your Combusken could beat it." he muttered, grinning as the ball shook hard. "Heh, I'm kiddin' Blazi."

Status
Not open for further replies.