• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Two New Trailers For Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Solgaleo_Lunala_UltraWormhole_Art_RGB_72dpi.jpg

The release of Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon is just six weeks away and so we've been treated to some brand new trailers for the game. The latest English trailer to be released reveals new Ultra Beasts, as well as the fact players can now travel through Ultra Wormholes and explore the worlds beyond. You can find the new trailers below:

The first of the new Ultra Beasts is UB Adhesive who is a [type=poison][/type] type Ultra Beast.

UB Adhesive.png
Name: UB Adhesive
Type: Poison
This Ultra Beast’s head is filled with venom and it shoots this venom out from the poisonous needle on the top of its head. It is said to be intelligent enough to understand human speech and displays many emotions.

Next up we have UB Burst who is exclusive to Pokémon Ultra Sun. UB Burst is a [type=fire][/type]/[type=ghost][/type] Ultra Beast.

UB_Burst_RGB_72dpi.jpg
UB Burst
Type: Fire/Ghost
UB Burst has a head made up of a collection of curious sparks, which it can remove and make explode. It tricks targets into letting their guard down with its funny behaviour then, when its opponent is close, it surprises them by blowing up its head without warning.

Finally we have UB Assembly who is exclusive to Pokémon Ultra Moon and is a [type=rock][/type]/[type=steel][/type] type Ultra Beast.
UB_Assembly_RGB_72dpi.jpg

UB Assembly
Type: Rock/Steel
This Ultra Beast is a collection of many life-forms. While it appears to be made up of stones stacked atop one another, each “stone” is in fact a separate life-form. When confronting opponents, the eyes on each of its stones begin to glow bright red.

Other than the new Ultra Beasts the trailers also reveal that we'll be meeting a mysterious new group known as the Ultra Recon Squad, who come from beyond one of the Ultra Wormholes. By travelling through the Ultra Wormholes we'll also be able to explore a mysterious city known as Ultra Megalopolis! It looks like there is a lot to look forward to in our next adventure through Alola.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I must confess: Finally, after months of knowing about these games, I am only just getting hyped to play them. They might finally grant the only thing I was hoping for – finish, expand, and otherwise complete Sun and Moon. It's starting to look like these could be genuinely great games.

Welp...looks like I got a new favorite Ultra Beast (omg Adhesive so adorable imnotgushingipromise). But things are looking pretty good. Particularly the fact that we'll actually get to see more of Ultra Space this time around. These games can't come out soon enough...

...but UB Adhesive, though (so good).

Wow UB Adhesive is adorable and I just want to hug it! I'm also kind of surprised to see UB Assembly have such a predictable typing though - one of the themes that they've had up until this point was their types not really being too obvious (well,most of them anyway), so it's odd to see. I still really like it though.

This trailer seems to be hinting at so much more content now and now I'm actually feeling kinda hyped for the game - I was a bit worried it would just be nothing more than a new coat of paint on SM but it feels very distinctive now, which I'm all down for.

Last edited:
I can’t help but wonder if the members of the Ultra Recon Squad are humans or blue-skinned humanoids since their supposed masks now look more like their faces based on the trailers.

The release of Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon is just six weeks away and so we've been treated to some brand new trailers for the game. The latest English trailer to be released reveals new Ultra Beasts, as well as the fact players can now travel through Ultra Wormholes and explore the worlds beyond. You can find the new trailers below:

The first of the new Ultra Beasts is UB Adhesive who is a [type=poison][/type] type Ultra Beast.

Name: UB Adhesive
Type: Poison
This Ultra Beast’s head is filled with venom and it shoots this venom out from the poisonous needle on the top of its head. It is said to be intelligent enough to understand human speech and displays many emotions.

Next up we have UB Burst who is exclusive to Pokémon Ultra Sun. UB Burst is a [type=fire][/type]/[type=ghost][/type] Ultra Beast.

UB Burst
Type: Fire/Ghost
UB Burst has a head made up of a collection of curious sparks, which it can remove and make explode. It tricks targets into letting their guard down with its funny behaviour then, when its opponent is close, it surprises them by blowing up its head without warning.

Finally we have UB Assembly who is exclusive to Pokémon Ultra Moon and is a [type=rock][/type]/[type=steel][/type] type Ultra Beast.

UB Assembly
Type: Rock/Steel
This Ultra Beast is a collection of many life-forms. While it appears to be made up of stones stacked atop one another, each “stone” is in fact a separate life-form. When confronting opponents, the eyes on each of its stones begin to glow bright red.

Other than the new Ultra Beasts the trailers also reveal that we'll be meeting a mysterious new group known as the Ultra Recon Squad, who come from beyond one of the Ultra Wormholes. By travelling through the Ultra Wormholes we'll also be able to explore a mysterious city known as Ultra Megalopolis! It looks like there is a lot to look forward to in our next adventure through Alola.

I don’t know why the Chinese trailers always look better XD

Can’t wait.

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
I saw this Japanese trailer before all the main trailers came out and Tyranitube was the only person really mentioning it, but one of the members of the new team was called 'Zionira.' I then went around the pokemon community and noone knew what I was talking about. I think his name was changed to one of the english names. If not, there are still more characters from UB recon squad we haven't seen! I noticed that Pokecharms hadn't covered it at this point and so I was a bit confused even now that the news was posted a bit later than expected. I like all of the new things revealed and I feel as if the UB recon squad could actually be good/have good intentions.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I saw the Japanese trailer last night which really got me hyped for USUM. I told a friend about it and he was kind of meh. Then the English trailer came out which got him hyped and me even more so. I'm really intrigued by the Ultra Recon Squad and the new Ultra Beasts we're getting. I look forward to exploring more of Ultra Space which appears to be more than just a bleak realm of darkness as we saw in S&M. But now I must ask a serious question. Am I the only one who read Phyco's name as Psycho? Just me? I know, I'm biased. >>

Wait a minute... didn't Bastiodon have the same typing as UB Assembly and sucked? TBH, UB Assembly isn't really looking good. But on the other hand, Mind Blown looks good and UB Adhesive is the first cute Ultra Beast.

I Have A Question That You Probably won't be able to answer.
If you ride the legendary through the ultra wormhole in sun/moon, and get taken to a split dimension. So now, you travel to megapopolis. How does that work? And when do you travel, cause you need the legendary. That means it would happen near the end of the game.

If you ride the legendary through the ultra wormhole in sun/moon, and get taken to a split dimension. So now, you travel to megapopolis. How does that work? And when do you travel, cause you need the legendary. That means it would happen near the end of the game.
Post game shenanigans.

Yeah. I was going to grab UM, but I'm not excited about Assembly's type, no matter how cool he looks. Now I'm gonna get US because first of all, Burst is a fire ghost. Second of all, Houndoom is in US. Aside from that, totally stoked for USUM!

Ok FINALLY I'm bought with these games, new areas, some new organisation (I knew the top wasn't the aether foundation in the picture!) more new Pokemon even though it was only 1 UB and a mini game? I need have this game now!

@LegendtheEj6427 Why does that matter? I'm glad they removed the National Dex. Getting like 804 maybe even more Pokemon in USUM would be so freaking tedious I would cri ;_;
I agree, for people without poke bank or don't have a spare DS laying around or a friend who has plays the same game it's painful to complete the National Dex. I liked it when the pokedex was just regional and so I could FINALLY get the shiny charm!

Ultra beasts mission is postgame. Unless it's Megalopolis, you probably won't be doing it at all until postgame.

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
UB Burst is my favourite of the three except for its typing ( I wanted a Fairy/Fire Ub Burst)... I'm disappointed in the version exclusives choice as well... Could I have both of them on my one game, please? UB Assembly looks like it could possibly be good competitively...

Last edited: