1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

turn off email notifs

Discussion in 'Questions and Site Feedback' started by Kytes, Dec 23, 2014.

1. I searched all the permutations of my inquiry as I could and didn't find it, but I'm so sorry if I missed it!

I just would like to turn off the email notifications, but not the site alerts, for site-related things, because I'm being bombarded by emails for a conversation that many people are replying to rapidly.

I thought it was the alert settings, but apparently those are just for the site (which I do want).

2. Shiny Lyni

Shiny Lyni 2016 Singles Football

There should be a thing that says Preferences (hover over your name in the upper right); click that. Under options you should find a checkbox that says "Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply..." and a sub-checkbox. Uncheck that sub-checkbox. Not sure if this is what you're looking for but it's the closest match I can find.

3. Thanks for your answer--it turns out it's already unchecked! It's for forum threads, but not necessarily for other things like conversations, posts to profiles, etc. D:

4. Teapot

Teapot Virtual Duck Enthusiast
    Staff Member Administrator

For Private Conversations, it's in Contact Details - "Receive email when a new conversation message is received" :)

5. Oh my goodness, thank you so much!! I guess I overlooked that one, since I visited that page once and then went frantic when I couldn't find it elsewhere, hahaha. Much obliged!!