• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Tun's Sprite Stuff! REQUESTS OPEN

Re: Teh Shiny Sprites of Tun .:The Home of PokePlush™:.

Ok, this comment is going to be dedicated solely to that warrior sprite~

The shading is good, I can't really see a problem there - it definitely conveys the roundness of the armour. All the details on the armour and the chain mail are good. However, there are a few issues with the proportion and positioning.
The main one is the right leg (or, from the warrior's point of view, the left leg.) It's at an unnatural angle compared with the other leg - for a start, it's a bit too far forward. If someone tried to stand like that then they might be a little unbalanced.
I guess, if the warrior were standing on a slope that was going downwards from left to right, then it would be okay.

Also, the legs look slightly long compared to the torso (although I suppose that could just be the character.) Also, the pointy bits at the end of the left leg are more curly and pointy than the ones on the right leg.

Finally, the warrior's head is a bit too far forward - maybe a couple of pixels too far to the left? It's just that the current positioning of the head gives a slightly hunched over, neck pointed-forward look, which doesn't really fit with the idea of a cool warrior.

Although there's a lot of criticism there, it's mainly nitpicking, and this is a very well made sprite, especially considering how complex it is.

o u gais.
You're all too kind. I swear. I say this like every time, but ... o 0 o

There was something I wanted to post but I'm on my mum's laptop so ... |D

Found some stuff on my Tinypic that I haven't posted yet though~ ♥

Firstly some cosplays!
2h3qupz_th.jpg

Pidove cosplay~

16hudj8_th.jpg

Drifloon cosplay!
(must be like the fifth one I've made :x)

Probably my favourite -
xkuli1_th.jpg

Scolipede cosplay <33
kinda like a pantomime horse type thing. I dunno. ♥

I figured I should probably animate a little more, so ...
29lili9_th.jpg

Because Archen is adorableee <333
It only has two frames - because I'm lazy and because I suck at making frames - and they're both just very edited from the original Archen sprite. But they're cute. So yes. ♥

erm ... I dunno D:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator

I've largely commented on everything on chat, but I might as well say it on your actual thread too. It is my opinion that you are one of the best spriters on this forum at the moment - the scratch-spriting ability you demonstrate is impressive as all hells. ^^

Yaay! Pidove cosplay is cool ^^ But what's really awesome is the Drifloon cosplay, especially with the tiny ghost in the background ^^

Your Tunolipede Scolipede (I seriously wrote that first >>; ) cosplay is very clever, but you could've made the eyes sewn onto it, that would've made it even more genuine. But it is fantastic as it is! ^^

Also yaay (again) Emerald-ish animation for Archen! Can we hope for a devamp to go with it? :3

(Also Stel; surely you mean THE best spriter on the forums?)

These are all very adorable, Tun :3 especially the Archen. Though I do wish he had a bit more movement (remember this is coming from a guy that can't make his own move :p), he is quite adorable~

Hey, do you think you could make a pokemon plush sprite of my beloved Serperior? If you that would be great! ;D

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

slayer49 said:
Hey, do you think you could make a pokemon plush sprite of my beloved Serperior? If you that would be great! ;D
I'm afraid Tun isn't taking requests at the moment, as it says in her original post, and she said so again on the last page. Sorry about that. :)

OH GOD SHE'S ALIVE DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUN

AND IT'S A PREVIEW DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUN

It's so good to see you posting again Tunnu: you just keep on getting better and better. The excessive amount of detail you've put into this is fantastic - I especially love the shading. Your larger sprite works have improved so much, so most definitely keep it up.

Wub you <33333333

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

^________________________________________________________^

Weeee, nice to see you're up to stuffs, Tunny Tun ♥

Tunnnnn that looks so hot I can't even deal with it omg. I can't wait to see the finished sprite ♥

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

Agree with the others. We want to see what you are up to Tun. ^^

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

Oh gosh Tun.
I an always admiring your works, and this is no exception.
The folds on the clothes ncihfoejf2orihefiw
The shading on EVERYTHING jiwnfdepvnwfwr4f24tft3v
The sleek hair bferyuprtyurgfmtgejureiswqds
AND IT'S YOU ASDFGGHJKLWDJHFRIOHNBNFC3BFO

Seriously you are amazing. I NEED MORE OF YOUR WORK IN MY LIFE ;_;

Tun, this is why you are the best of the best. This is absolutely amazing! So much detail, so much fine coloring, this is just epic! Really freaking epic! Like, so epic, that epic can't keep up with how epic this is.

see that sprite?
yeah, you should click it.
srsface.

but still comment here too! I love you guys. ;;
don't leave me </333

Here's something I just realized! Um, first off, yay sprites Tun yay magic so pretty keep going have my tentababies

But I noticed that you seem to outline all your sprites in white ♥ Any reason for it, or maybe where you got the thought from? It looks nice, and I noticed it for real recently!

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

:love:

Pfff, the detail on that is just amazing. You are amazing. This statement is true. I wish I had a tenth of your skills, I really do :3:

And that trio of sprites is epic too :')

Oh my phreaking god yes. That is absolutely bloody amazing. @_@

Like Magpie said, the detail is very well-done, as is the rest to be honest- The positioning, proportioning, shading, colouring, depth... Pfft. You have amazing talent and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise, which I highly doubt anyone will ever do in the first case!

Also yes, Toru's notepad deserves all the attention it can get~

Re: Tun's Recently Renamed Sprite Stuff

Woah, it's been a long time Tun!

That new sprite is really good. I like the way you've created a woollen effect on the jumper, and I must commend you for pulling off such a complicated pattern. The shading on the skirt is really good, and gives it a lot of depth.

A couple of small criticisms - the right edge of the right shoe looks a bit angular (although I only noticed that when I looked closely) and the difference in size of the eyes is slightly off. I understand that it's partly down to perspective, but they don't look quite right to me.

Nevertheless, a fantastic outcome. It's great to see how accomplished you are at scratch-spriting now, especially as main series Pokémon games seem to be retiring sprites now.

Good to see this place alive and kicking again! Hopefully you'll have enough time to keep it updated frequently, I dunno. Either way, it's really cool seeing you improve through every piece of work.

I like how the body is very anatomically sound. A few of your earlier full body works were a bit misshapen, and the character's position in comparison to the direction they were facing was a bit off, but this is looking much better, my only complaint being that her (does she have a name?) right leg needs a little more defining; it's hard to tell whether it's being twisted a little, or the foot is facing another direction completely. The shading on the other leg gives depth, however - and that's really nice.

The clothes and the design of the character are simplistic, yet still look very nice. She has a cute little smile too :>

I dunno, it's just a really appealing sprite. Nice work Tun! Looking forward to seeing more from you soon :D

Tun's occasional returns to this forum are the artistic equivalent of the returns of famous meteorites in our atmosphere; Spectacular, a big happening, and they always leave you wanting for them to happen again.

But in all seriousness, well done as always! Your spriting has been through quite the evolution, and your patterning, proportioning, shading and other -ings are as pleasant on the eyes as we've known them to be for a long time.

I'm looking forward to more ^^

ahhhh ty guys, i love youuuuu
thanks so much for the c+c! honestly blargh i can't thank you enough!

so here's a thing i just threw together today, because i want to that's why okay D:<
2je79tt.jpg

i reeeaaally like Ninfia's design, i just think it's super cute and nifty! i have no idea what type it is or if this looks anything like how it will turn out to be but oh well. i know they're totally abandoning sprites like these (which, btw, TOTALLY BREAKS MY HEART) so i thought i'd make one. i dunno.

it's super bitty and i just wanted to get it up today while i could so like there's a loooot i could do to improve, i know ;; but please, point out bits you like and bits you think are absolute crap too, thankyou ♥

EDIT: HERE HAVE A SCOLIPEDE OVERWORLD YOU UNGRATEFUL LITTLE SPOONERISM ok
k324k7.jpg

i had to make it for a thing i'm hoping to do. i dunno how to describe it. just enjoy the sprites hshfkgjhgh

peace and love, peace and love​

*casts master resurrection spell*

ok hello i don't know if like anyone will be interested but i have decided to not only revive my thread but also open requests! yeah i dunno if anyone will want some but i am a very boring person who lies around all day so i need stuff to do and keep myself sane

here is some new stuff and examples of stuff i will be accepting requests for ♥

oa3lgg.jpg

Trainers with Pokemon!

yeah, basically what it says on the tin! you have to give me a pokemon (or i could even do a couple pokemon maybe?) and you can either give me an existing trainer sprite and i'll edit it to fit a pokemon or describe a trainer and i'll do the trainer sprite for you then fit in the pokemon! if i do this, you can specify if you want a trainer sprite seperate too so i'll give you two pictures, a standalone trainer (like this) and a trainer w/poke (like this). hope this makes sense!

alternatively, you could just give me a pokemon and i'll make a trainer loosely based off of the pokemon; not a gijinka or a cosplayer or anything but just a regular trainery person with a similar colour scheme or something! (it would be useful if you specify what gender of trainer you want but if not i'll just freestyle)

ps: i would super super duper like it if you requested one of these, i'm kinda rusty and i need practise, plus these are tons of fun!! of course you don't have to, but if you're stuck for choice, this is a winner for both ends c:

30ixk5f.jpg

Cosplays/Gijinkas!

(this is just a super quick thing i kicked up for my little cousin i promise they will be better than this afgagh ;;)

again, this is simple~ gimme a pokemon, say cosplayer or gijinka and any specifications and i'll fix up something for you! you might want to specify gender and general age/something silly like what bits you want definitely included or something. i dunno man, i am free for whatever you want!! oh god i have so much spare time

2mo9kxt.jpg
34ef7n6.jpg
2non01.jpg
2ih05jm.jpg

General Trainer Sprites!
(examples from newest to oldest left to right)

you know what this means! seriously just describe some kind of humanesque thing and i'll make you one of these bad boys to like stare at or put in your sig or like print posters off of or something idk. whatever.

357p06q.jpg

Splices
pokemon sprite splices! give me a couple pokemon and i'll stick 'em together and see what happens! yay! (the example had like 12 different pokemon in it but if you're requesting i'd like you to keep to like five or less pokemon, i'll still try to work magic with it!)

i'll also do mugshots like the two on this if you give me a trainer sprite to work on or a good description! (please specify which kind of mugshot or i'll have to personal message you and i'm sure you don't want your inbox all stunk up by tunduli, ew)

if you're cool or if it's simple or i really like your idea then i mean i could probably scratch something??? maybe??? here's some scratch examples:
2je79tt.jpg
vpzvvr.jpg
33jmrf8.jpg
2uqi3pf.jpg

and of course general stuff like lineless sprites or pokemon-wearing-hats or something i dunno. check out my front page if you like, maybe you'll see something there you like! i'm basically open to anything so shoot me up with some questions if you're not sure, but there's a 99.9% chance that if you request something i'll be able to do it, as long as it's not like brutal or disgusting or worrying or super crazy hard. i'll try my best no matter what you want!

go on, request something!!

lots of love, Tun ♥​

Yay! So glad to see you return here with your amazing pixelart in stock! Other than the one I mentioned previously, I can't currently think of any requests to bother you with, so other people should get on that. In any case, I look forward to seeing you come up with more stuff ♥

Seeming though you want trainers with Pokemon I'll request one of those.

If it is possible (and not too much trouble) I'd like the trainer to look like me (I have pictures in the Picture thread for reference). If that isn't possible or too much trouble can you try and make a gingery/brunette hipster guy please.

The Pokemon I want is a Oshawott please and I'd like a separate trainer sprite if you can do the one based off me :)

Thanks in advance :)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I seriously am in love with Tun's stuff at the moment ahhhh WELCOME BACK <33333 I'VE MISSED YOU TUN ;;;;;

seriously I can't stop admiring your shading it's all shiny and beautiful and oh my gosh you're amazing

Since you're open, would it be possible to have that sprite you made for me way back when (in the trainer card thing) with an shiny Eevee? ^^;

Also, just want to double check for clarification, but you mean you're rusty on the Trainer based on a Pokemon stuff, right?

thank you for your comments everyone ahhh i love you<3 the positive feedback is so nice to come back to after this huge break! ahhh

Shiny Eevee said:
Also, just want to double check for clarification, but you mean you're rusty on the Trainer based on a Pokemon stuff, right?

in my previous post i meant that like i was rusty with the trainers with pokemon in general, though really i'm rusty with everything so it doesn't matter much!

anyway here are the requests♥

Joshawott:
6ezwao.jpg
2v0e2ig.jpg
2vx3dpw.jpg

Code:
[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/6ezwao.jpg[/IMG]
Code:
[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/2v0e2ig.jpg[/IMG]
Code:
[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/2vx3dpw.jpg[/IMG]

here are your seperate trainer, trainer w/pokemon and a seperate little oshawott i scratched! the actual oshawott sprite's like too big to look normal so i just took it and scratched a smaller one and it was cute and stuff so i thought you might like to see it just in case you wanted to use it or something?? i dunno
anyway yeah, i hope you like it!!

anddd Shiny:
1o93wx.jpg
30krod5.jpg
332uu6e.jpg

Code:
[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/1o93wx.jpg[/IMG]
Code:
[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/30krod5.jpg[/IMG]
Code:
[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/332uu6e.jpg[/IMG]

and here's the same for you! i took the old sprite i did and edited it a bit so it was a bit better and more like my recent stuff, then scratched a little eevee and stuff! i hope you like it too~

just tell me if either of you want me to change anything or fix anything up, i hope it's all okay but if it's not i'm always here!

any more requests? c:

~ Tun ♥​

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Tun is so amazing and oh my gosh I really love everything you do <333

The touch-up looks really nice, Tun! <33 I like how on the Eevee + Trainer sprite I'm smiling~ it's really cute and adds a nice touch. :'D And I still have that random strand of hair in my face~ I love that so much, because it's exactly how my hair is in real life. XD

EDIT: And while I was saving the sprites, I noticed you added a white outline and little cute white pixel stuff around them like hearts and stuff <333 This is why you're so perfect ^^

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
Great to see you back, and this is some really top-notch stuff, Tun! Not knowing much about sprite making myself, that's really the most I can say on the matter, aside from the fact that the ones you make from scratch are exceptionally well done in particular, professional enough to be in the games, really.

Now, as for requests...I don't do this very often, so hopefully what I ask for makes sense, or at least has some clarity to it... Basically, I'd like a trainer-with-pokemon sprite, as well as a seperate trainer sprite, of what has sort of become my internet persona, here at least. (AKA: ARMA, AKA: just myself really) with These Pictures for reference. Also, perhaps you could have him sweeping with a broom, since Shiny has made him clean her room a lot, which kinda became a thing...I dunno how or why. XD
Oh, and as for the Pokemon...let's go with Magneton. A robot may as well have an electric/steel type for a companion.

So, yeah, hopefully that made sense.

Hey Tun, good to see you return to spriting. You don't seem rusty at all, those new sprites are fantastic. I really like the muted colours and soft shading on Sylveon. I try to have at least one criticism, however minor, when I post on sprite threads, but it's difficult to find fault. One thing I did notice was that the Diglett's right fist is smaller than its left one, but maybe that's just the perspective.

I'd like to make a request if that would be possible. When I saw that this topic had requests open again I wanted to request a mugshot, but realised the last trainer sprite I made for myself was created years ago, so I quickly made a new one.
IisFm3R.png

Code:
http://i.imgur.com/IisFm3R.png
If I could have a mugshot of this trainer (the vs. sprite mugshot that is), that would be absolutely fantastic. Here's a list of what I used to make the sprite if that would be in any way helpful:

Base sprite is Morty, whites derived from Morty's sprite.
Shirt colours derived from Skyla's sprite.
Trouser colours derived from Roxie's sprite.
Shoe colours derived from Wallace's sprite.

Hope that's useful (actually now that I think about it you could just use colour picker, making the list I just made useless. Oops). Thanks very much, I can't wait to see the sprite when it's done!

ahhh sorry this took so long, i was away from friday till sunday then i've been half-busy half-lazy but anyway i've got these down so it's all good<3

anyway, thank you guys for your feedback! i love youuuuuu ahhhhhh

RMA: (omg i missed you hello how have you been)
143kz83.jpg
2im9pgk.jpg

i hope these are ok!! i struggled for like a position and stuff but i think this is sort of ok? and like i didn't know what to do with the magneton because it's not a super interactive pokemon but i hope you like this!

Toastie:
20uanie.jpg

ahhhh thank you so much for your feedback ♥ i hope this is ok, i tried to get it as close to your original sprite as possible, i hope you like it!

if anything needs fixed up i'm here and i'll change whatever i've messed up! again, i hope you enjoy your stuff~~

still open :)

~ Tun ☻​

That is absolutely fantastic! That is pretty much exactly how I envisioned it as looking, except better! You've even got the hairstyle exactly right. Don't have anything to criticise, I'm going to go put that in my signature right now.