1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sun/Moon Trout Warrior Seeking Battle! (Pokemon Showdown Singles 6v6)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trades and Battles' started by Ruko, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Ruko

Ruko Bearded Trout Warrior

Friend Code:
    0473-7895-5364
    Foreword
    Greetings Challengers! I'm an old battler who's gotten pretty rusty in the past years from a lack of people to battle and/or lack of environment I'd like to battle in. Anyone who knows me knows I'm no fan of Smogon's council or the bans they come around with which, in my opinion, strain the game down into a very basic form... so I've come to request battles on my own terms from the people of 'charms!

If this thread gets any attention at all, I may start to add some goofy clauses on rotation such as No Boosting Moves, and No Stealth Rock, just to see what sorts of teams my challengers and I can come up with in the moment.

Contacting me is best done between UTC 8:00PM - 2:00AM*
    *CST 2:00PM - 8:00PM
    Here's a link to my Steam profile for faster communications than PMing on the forums

My Rules of Engagement:
    You may not like my rules, and they are not really necessary for a balanced game, but these are the rules I choose to play by.
    With the exception of Mega-Evolutions, Regigigas and Slaking, no Pokemon with a base stat total of greater than 600 are permitted. This would mean, for example, I won't allow Kyurem-B, but I will fight all formes of Deoxys.
    With the exception of Nidoqueen, only one Pokemon of the Undiscovered Egg group per team. This effectively means only one legendary per team, not for any sort of balance reason but purely for the sake of team diversity + entertainment value through replays.
    Only one Pokemon of any family tree is allowed. This is a slight twist on the normal Species clause as it would also prevent you from using say, Umbreon and Espeon on the same team.

Optional Rules of Engagement
    You may request any of the below rule sets and I'll work around them. Know that they aren't excluded from my primary rules because I plan to abuse them, but rather because I think both that luck is an intrinsic part of the game and that while you can't counter ALL of these with a single team, they all do possess counters in the forms of otherwise weaker Pokemon.
    Bans the use of the ability Moody.

Reason I think it should be allowed: As stated above, I believe luck is an intrinsic part of the game, and Moody isn't just a roll of the dice, but rather an ability that forces active response from an opponent. Mixed attacking Moody Octillery is one of my favorite Pokemon, and you can expect to see it frequently if you don't invoke this clause.
    Excluding self-induced sleep, only one Pokemon may be put to sleep on the opposing team at a time. Violation of this clause results in disqualification of the current match.

Reason I think it should be allowed: Sleep received a heavy nerf in generation six, limiting how long a Pokemon can be put to sleep to a maximum of 4 turns and also giving grass types an immunity to all powder-based attacks [Spore, for instance].
    Bans the use of the move swagger.

Reason I think it should be allowed: Confusion, like sleep, was also nerfed and now only causes the confused Pokemon to hit itself 33% of the time. Confusion also lasts a maximum of 4 turns now making swagger more likely to result in a wasted turn for the user. In addition to this, prankster was nerfed not to work on dark types, so some of the more popular strategies can be played around similarly to spore.
    The moves Fissure, Horn Drill, Guillotine and Sheer Cold are banned from use

Reason I think it should be allowed: Each one has its immunities [even Sheer Cold, now], and they allow for two options to emerge: Pokemon dedicated to using OHKO moves and the ability to sacrifice a likely more useful move slot for a panic button - something you would only use when you're losing and might let you open up a new path to victory.
    The moves Double Team, Minimize and Accupressure and the abilities Snow Cloak, Sand Veil and Tangled Feet are banned

Reason I think it should be allowed: Honestly this one is kind of my kryptonite and I'm not a fan of dedicated evasion moves. But much like the above few, there does exist counter-play to them in the form of:
    • Odor Sleuth, Miracle Eye and Foresight, all of which ignore increased evasion after one use.
    • Dedicated never-miss attacks such as Shock Wave and Swift
    • Unique never-miss situations such as Thunder/Hurricane in the rain and Toxic used by poison types.
    • Any Pokemon with the ability Unaware

Rules I will not honor:
    So don't even ask about them. If it's not listed here, feel free to inquire however.
    • Baton Pass Clause
    • ANY form of complex ban preventing certain move/ability combinations

#1 Ruko, Jan 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    The Voltagonist likes this.
  2. The Voltagonist

Friend Code:
    2294-6992-6595
    Apparently I'm supposed to post in your thread if I want to battle you, so here I am, posting in your thread. Engarde.
    [​IMG]

3. Ruko

Ruko Bearded Trout Warrior

Friend Code:
    0473-7895-5364
    Just wanted to clarify that this is still active despite a total lack of interest