• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Tropifield University (Romance)

Nico put her hand down after the Professor said that she wouldn’t have time to check her work. She heard the wall phone ring and looked up, straining her ears to hear anything in the conversation she could. She picked out snippets and the reply’s from Professor Avalon. Dragon? Something about ice? Must be in the nurses office, she thought, sighing. Zero looked very concerned and his eyes brows furrowed together in thought and he looked ready to bolt at any given time. Nico placed her hand on Zero’s head, petting him to calm him down which didn’t work very well. Whatever concerned him was something he didn’t like, it looked like. Nico jumped when Alton talked to her, frightening her. “O-oh, y-yeah. I’m, uh, I'm fine,” She stuttered a reply, a light blush tinting her cheeks.

The bell was about to ring, as Mindy had the drone place the book in her purse after closing it. Iago looked over at the clock, wondering why it would not go any faster. Was it impossible to change time? Or was time actually going by so slowly when he seemed so focused on it? Either way, at least the bell was going to ring within a minute or two.

Meanwhile, the little dragon Pokémon continued to lie on his bed while the Nurse waited for Mindy to come over. He glanced over at the doorway and noticed the same trainer from before; red hair, the exact Pokémon the trainer had that attempted to stop the trainer and a smug grin over his pale face. After putting two and two together within a matter of seconds, the dragon Pokémon pushed away the ice packs and emitted a great roar! The loud cry echoed throughout the hallways and even snuck itself into some classes, as the trainer attempted to break free from the Officer's grip in spite of being cuffed.

The Nurse saw the Pokémon's right hand cupped into a fist, as his hand appeared to be glowing with a bright, bluish light. He stomped out of his bed and swiftly made his way towards the trainer. A loud shout shook the books on the nearby shelf, as a strong shock wave of ice soon followed. The Officer and the trainer's Pokémon were long gone before the attack struck, as all that remained was a boy in red hair lying still on the ground.

The Nurse called over her Audino, knowing that things were about to get worse if she could not calm a little dragon out on a rampage like the one in a children's book of her's. The Audino came over while the dragon Pokémon kicked the boy repeatedly, as the Nurse asked, "Could you go over to that little Pokémon and try to calm him or something before he goes out there and causes mayhem?"

The Audino nodded while the Nurse went to her computer and attempted to find any data about the mysterious Pokémon. Hopefully Mindy could come over when the young Pokémon was pacified, since this Pokémon could pack quite a punch in spite of its size.

Robert put all of his stuff away when he heard the professor tell everyone to do so. After putting all of his stuff away, Robert looked around and saw everyone interacting with one another. He sighed to himself and felt Pikachu jump onto his lap. He smiled and began to pet the electric mouse. "At least I have you," he said to it.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Okay good, so, what do you do in your free time?" Alton asked with a cheery smile, Bulbasaur was wandering the campus and saw the nurses office and decided to visit the small dragon Pokemon.

The dragon Pokémon was grabbed by the Audino while she said, "Hey, calm down. I understand that you're very upset at that trainer for bullying you earlier, but that doesn't mean that you can just beat him up like that."

"Wouldn't that also make you a bully too?" The Audino added while discreetly placing her feelers on the dragon Pokémon's body.

"N- NOT IF HE STARTED IT!" The dragon Pokémon roared while punching the Audino's chest as hard as he could.

"Okay, okay... look at me. You need to like calm down here. The nice officer will come back and deal with this, and I'll put you back on your bed okay?" The Audino calmly stated in her response after a couple of intense breaths.

"C- CALM DOWN? MORE LIKE CALM UP IF YOU ASK ME! That so called officer is just going to talk to him and let him go like the idiot he is!" The dragon Pokémon yelled while slapping the Audino's arms away and slipping through her grip.

"Ow! That sure hurts a bit... I can see that you are really upset right now. Would you like to draw a picture to calm yourself?" The Audino said while offering the dragon Pokémon a blank piece of paper and several crayons after managing to scoop him back in her arms.

The dragon Pokémon grunted and quickly nodded in response, as the tip of his pointer finger on his right hand glimmered in a faint, white light. A tiny stream of ice was directed towards the paper, as the Audino gave a deep sigh when the finished picture was a vague image of the trainer encountered earlier.

"U- umm... let's not think about that right now. You look like you could use a drink, and I'm going to let you stay on your bed okay?" The Audino said while offering a cup of water after pouring the refreshing cold liquid from the bottle into the cup.

The dragon Pokémon snatched the cup while not seeming to notice that a Bulbasaur was coming over. The little Pokémon guzzled the cup while the Audino allowed him to lay flat on the bed and place the ice packs back on soon after. She patted the Pokémon's head while Nurse Joy continued to wait for Mindy to come over.

As Veronica was finishing up, she was greeted by another student, Danny was his name as he stated. It would be rude if she didn't reply so she looked up at the boy, "Hey, nice to meet you" she said, as she heard the boy's question, "Oh that math problem, it was nothing really all I had to do was this, she handed out the note she wrote :
25x + 10y = 500
(y = x - 5)
25x + 10(x - 5) = 500
25x + 10x - 50 = 500
35x = 550
x = 550 ÷ 35 = 15.7142857143
"It was then that I know it was unsolvable" she added, she heard Danny asked about her home region, she was astonished that he knew "What coincidence, yes I am from Kalos" she said, giving out a soft giggle.

“I-,”Nico had began to explain herself but before she could Zero had jumped off her desk and started running for the door. “Zero!” She called out to her Pokémon, jumping out of her seat as A.J, her Houndour, jumped out of he lap, not even bothering to get her stuff. She ran towards Jack as he ran into the hall and towards the Nurses office. “Zero, come back!” She called to her Pokémon that was incredibly fast for his small size. Not listening to his trainer, Zero continued onward towards where he had heard the roar. Nico saw Alton’s Bulbasaur right before Jack jumped into the Nurses office in search of the creature that had made the roar that had a hint of distress in it. Zero stopped short after seeing a small dragon Pokémon in the arms of an Audino with Nico right behind him. “Zero,” She said scoldingly and picked up the small Shiny Eevee with a frown mixed with concern. “Don’t run off like that,” she said, holding the struggling Pokémon in her arms. Jack and A.J appeared after her, A.J with his tongue hanging out of his mouth and Jack looking as worried as Nico.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
The Bulbasaur saw the dragon Pokemon lied down on the bed and wondered if it was okay, it then noticed Nico and tapped her on the shoulder and waved. Alton went after her, concerned that something was bothering her, Torchic and Totodile following. Bulbasaur looked over at Nico's Pokemon and asked, "Saur, Bulbasaur?" Which translated to "Are they okay?" Alton caught up with Nico and sat down, he then inquired, "What happened?"

“Zero just started running here,” Nico replied to Alton when he entered the room. Zero continued to struggle out of Nico’s grip, trying his best to get the the dragon Pokémon. A.J growled quietly, looking at all the Pokémon and the humans in the room. Jack glared at his twin, his eyes scanning the room afterwards.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"That's weird, same happened to Bulbasaur, that's odd," Alton remarked as he checked his watch, class should be ending soon, but it was fun hanging out with Nico, Good she's nice, gonna wait a couple of days to ask her out though, I wanna see her quirks.

Nico sighed, looking at the dragon Pokémon, her head tilting to the side in curiosity. “What is this Pokémon?” She asked, curiosity dripping in her voice, as she let Zero come out of her arms since it was tiring her arms to keep him from struggling out of her grip. Zero hurried over to the dragon Pokémon in the Audino’s arms, sniffing him to see if he was alright or not. It was that moment that Nico saw the red haired trainer on the floor. She gasped and stepped to the side, accidentally bumping into Alton. “I-I’m s-sorry,” She automatically said, moving as quickly as she had bumped into Alton. “Um, are you okay?” She asked the trainer that lay on the floor, bending down so that her knees were in front of her and she wasn’t quite sitting but it looked as though she was hovering, despite having her feet on the ground.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Yeah, I'm okay," Alton said as he got up with a nonexistent aura of independence around him. Bulbasaur was talking to his friends and looked over at Zero, who intrigued him, the Seed Pokemon wished to make friends with Zero, but there was simply no opportunity to make conversation.

“Nice, I was born and raised in Lumiose City,” Danny stated, giving a small smile after he spoke.

Danny looked at the note and laughed,”Looks like the CAT people messed up. Really bad. Might I ask, what’s your name?”
_________
Melody sighed as she looked out the window. While she waited, Cordelia released herself from he pokeball and poked Melody to let her play.

Melody picked her up and tickled and blew raspberries on her tummy, which made Cordelia really happy.

The dragon Pokémon attempted to sit up after noticing more people coming into the Nurse’s Office, as the Audino continued to keep a close eye on him. Mindy gave a nod at the drone after checking that she had everything needed, as the drone said in a likely male, robotic voice, “Due to the professor having to leave for urgent reasons, I will be supervising everyone else for the last minute. Please continue with leisure time until the bell rings.”

Mindy swiftly left the room with Iago still in her arms after the drone was trusted to keep watch of the class until the bell rang soon after. She made her way to the Nurse’s Office while Iago attempted to adjust the coral branches on his head and stroke them gently, almost as if they were like some sort of hair to him.

Once she got to the Nurse’s Office, the first thing she noticed was a girl next to a trainer out cold on the floor. She went past the girl and trainer and went into the room where the young dragon Pokémon was, as the little Pokémon appeared to be somewhat startled from an Eevee suddenly sniffing him like a rich man getting a fix of cologne.

Mindy saw the Audino slowly releasing her grip while noticing the dragon Pokémon’s gaze focused at Mindy and her Iago. Mindy walked over to the Nurse and said, “Alright, I’m here. We can talk about scanning later, since this book works better sometimes.”

“At least he’s calm now, let’s find out who this little guy is,” Nurse Joy replied.

Mindy turned to the page with a brief amount of information on the dragon Pokémon, as the page read:

Aneaino (Frost Dragon Pokémon)
"Although Aneaino might not look like much, it is capable of thriving in the harsh cold where most life would simply perish hours later. Trainers beware, for this Pokémon may spend most of its time in the freezer if not closely watched.”

Pronounced: Ahh-nee-noh (Second A is silent.)
Possible Starter Moves (Advanced): Pound Rush, Parry, Arctic Cuff, Cryotherapy, Frost Barrier, Axion’s Acceleration, Arctic Pulse, Draco Comet, Draco Lance, Glacial Wave, Permafrost Bazooka.
X-Move: Eternal Whiteout
Type: Ice-Dragon
Height: 1'6" (45.72 cm)
Weight: 14.6 lbs (6.62 kg)
Region: Camtonia

Nico glances as some walked in, seeing the Math teacher come into the Nurses Office with her small Pokémon in her arms. “Zero, what have you gotten us into,” she muttered to herself, standing up after seeing that the trainer was unconscious. “I left my stuff in the Math room,” she groaned to herself then she walked over to the small dragon Pokémon, Zero still sniffing it. “I’m sorry about Zero, he usually isn’t like this,” she said apologetically to the dragon Pokémon, picking her Shiny Eevee up and smiling apologetically at the Ice-Dragon Pokémon. She sighed before inspecting the Pokémon that sat on the bed. She smiled to herself, the small Pokémon was just so small and adorable. Zero tried to sniff the dragon Pokémon from Nico’s arms, reaching as far as he dared and in some cases he would have to move backward and readjust himself so he wouldn’t fall.

Mindy’s Pokéter rang, as she booted up the holographic screen to reveal a familiar girl with an odd-looking Pokémon. The girl decided to have the Pokémon have an attempt at speaking to Mindy, as it said, “Olleh namuh! I ma Atilram! I evil no Sram. Yhw ma I eteh? Llew, a nam saw dnik hguone ot gnirb em ereh dna evah enoemos ecin ekat erac fo em.”

The girl attempted to paraphrase the Pokémon’s speech as best as she could after consulting a manual as she stated, “He’s trying to introduce himself and talk about his past.”

The Pokémon happily nodded while the girl continued, “Also, I’ll be having the little guy do most of the talking.”

“Woh od you od? I tnaw ot eb doog sdneirf htiw lla Sgnilhtrae,” The light green Pokémon said.

“Hmm... I suppose I might need to get a translator since this little guy does talk in an interesting way. I suppose Iago and I should go visit her soon if we have a break soon,” Mindy thought while Iago nodded at the Pokémon speaking to his trainer. He appeared to be wondering how the strange Pokémon had no torso of any sort.

“Revewoh, taht yam eb drah esuaceb yltnecer, emos snamuh emac otno Sram. Ew dah ot draw ffo enoyreve esuaceb fo rieht ytidipuc,” The squid-like Pokémon stated while raising a tentacle.

“I od ton yltcaxe wonk tahw ot od, exnis lepoep no siht tenalp llits tnaw ot og no s’ruo. Dna I evah ot og ees eht e- esrun noos...” The little Pokémon added after taking a liberal bite of his cookie.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
At first Alton had no idea what they were saying, but he picked it up quickly, "Guys, Mars language is ours but backwards, Ew emoclew uoy ot ruo tenlap, evah a ecin yats," Bulbasaur, Totodile, and Torchic wanted to make friends with this extraterstrial Pokemon, but didn't know how to speak it's language, so they just waved.

Nico listened to the hologram but never moved her eyes from the small and damaged Pokémon that lay on the bed with the Audino close by. “Hello, how are you?” She asked the Dragon Pokémon, a sweet smile on her face and she was using her softest and nicest voice she could muster for the small Pokémon.

The squid-like Pokémon glanced over at a boy that managed to pick up his language rather quickly, as he grabbed his strange-looking instrument from his case with his frontal tentacles. The case had a large label that read, “Rof: Nivram, Stnemurtsram Oc.” The instrument resembled a hybrid of a trumpet and a small piano made for port. With his other tentacles on standby, he grabbed a note sheet and began playing a somewhat romantic song that was slow, but steady to the beat.

The girl said to Mindy, “Also, I should probably say that he likes to play that a lot... he calls it the Trumpano or something like that.”

The dragon Pokémon glanced over at the girl, as he covered himself with a blanket after realizing how warm he was starting to get. Despite the fact that it would normally make someone his size even warmer, it did more of the opposite since it blocked out the solar rays coming from a nearby window far from the bed however.

Nico noticed that the Dragon Pokémon was covering himself with the blanket which made her tilt her head in curiosity. Didn’t they say he was an ice type? So why would the Pokémon try to warm up, even if he was a Dragon type. Zero finally wriggled out of Nico’s grasp and began sniffing the Dragon type again, his curiosity getting the best of him. And he Pokémon had sent roars and yells of distress earlier so it caused Zero concern. Jack jumped onto the Dragon type’s temporary bed where he found Zero curiously and cautiously sniffing the Dragon type. Jack pawed at his twin brother’s fur, trying to let the Dragon type have some sort of room.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Torchic took some interest in the Dragon type and as such went near the bed to maybe comfort it. Bulbasaur looked up to Nico and snuggled her leg, making pleasant noises as he did so, Totodile was trying to greet the alien Pokemon, Alton then looked at Nico. "Is Zero always like this? If so, he seems like a good companion to have,"

Nico smiles and began to pet Alton’s Bulbasaur. “No, Zero is always staying away from other Pokémon so it surprises me that he is acting this way. Unless, of course, he senses or sensed some distress off the Pokémon then he would immediately try to calm them down or help them,” Nico said, shooting A.J, her Houndour, a warning glance after he lightly growled at Bulbasaur. She rose, standing up and sighing but with a smile as she watched her two Shiny Eevee on he bed with the Drangon Pokémon.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Alton seemed concerned for Bulbasaur, he didn't like how A.J was looking at him. Bulbasaur seemed scared, but managed a cold stare to A.J, perhaps to tell him that he doesn't want any sort of fight.

A.J only growled more and nipped at the Bulbasaur, warning him off of his trainer. “Absolutely not, A.J. Not now and not here. Stop it or I’m going to put you in the room and you won’t be let out for any reason,” Nico said scoldingly as she held onto A.J’s collar, forcing him from moving any closer to Alton’s Bulbasaur. “I’m sorry, A.J is, sadly, usually like this,” Nico apologized to Alton, turning to him with a slightly sheepish, shy and apologetic smile.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
At this point, Bulbasaur had enough of A.J's crap, he grabbed him with his vines and threw him into a wall, Alton now looking even more embarrassd than Nico, "Sorry, Bulbasaur usually doesn't do this,"

Nico gasped in surprise, letting A.J’s collar go so he wouldn’t get hurt. A.J was madder than mad and he bit Bulbasaur’s neck, forcing both of them to stay still or Bulbasaur would be hurt. “A.J! Let Bulbasaur go!” Nico cried, holding onto A.J’s collar but not daring to tug on it. She had never allowed her Pokémon to fight so she had no clue what to do and neither did her two Shiny Eevee. A.J refused to budge, he had always been the one that had been the most violent in the group.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Totodile as angered that A.J was still attacking his friend, but stopped as Bulbasaur snatched the TM for Solar beam out of Alton's bag, gave it to himself to teach it, forgot growl and began charging the beam. Torchic used sunny day which made Bulbasaur fire the beam at the Houndour immediately and at point blank range. "Stop, there's no reason to retaliate like that!" Torchic and Totodile stopped their trainer and watched as Bulbasaur continued firing the beam.

Nico flew herself in front of her Houndour, afraid that A.J would get hurt. She let out a cry of pain as the Solar Beam hit her back, her arms rapped tightly around A.J’s neck but in a way that she was shielding him. Jack and Zero watched in shock as their trainer protected A.J. Immediately, they jumped onto Bulbasaur and bit him, trying to protect their trainer.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Bulbasaur stopped immediately after Nico tried to protect him, Totodile and Torchic gently removed the two Eevee from their friend,with a look of sadness and guilt spread on the Seed Pokemon's face. Alton went to comfort him, saying, "I know you never meant to hurt Nico,but from what I've seen, she cares a for for A.J, Imma talk to her," He walked over to Nico and asked," Can I talk to A.J?"

“A.J isn’t very friendly, as you can see,” Nico replied, standing up with a sigh. She took A.J’s collar and began walking to her dorm room, her two Shiny Eevee following close behind. She dragged her Houndour all the way to her dorm room and tried to grab her key but it fell out of her hand and onto the floor because of her shaky hands. Sighing, she picked up her key and fumbled with the lock, mentally groaning at her issue she had never had before.