• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Travelling proffessor

Hey all, I'm kinda new here.

So I'm hoping to start a thread with my newly made (and hopefully longterm) trainer, but he needs to be gaining his first pokemon as he ventures into the world to learn more about the world of pokemon and various mysteries, be it mutated pokemon, rare species or the like.

I'd be more than happy for an RP with other people, but being as how this is a brand new character, It'd be best for everyone to be new-ish trainers. I'll leave it open as to where we can set this, but we would need to meet a professor to get starter pokemon and the like.

Trainer:

Name: Joshua Saros
Hometown:
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 195lb
Hair: Long brown spiked hair usually in a ponytail with a red plain band.
Eyes: Blue
Clothing: Black boots, jeans, a red shirt and a black loose buttoned shirt over the top. Sometimes wears a pair of thin reading glasses.
Identifying Marks: Goatee under chin
Musculature: Above average,
Personality: Curious, stubborn and loyal
Skills: Quick learner, and fast reactions. Can tend to overthink and overlook obvious solutions to problems.
Past: A resident of mossdeep city, Josh is the son of two researchers who helped in the construction of various outer space experimentation. Though his father died young, his mother raised him and his brother with a love of learning, something Josh carried with him into early adulthood. Josh was too busy looking after his younger sibling to ever try go on a pokemon journey until now, when he's finally decided his brother can handle himself while his mother is working non stop.
Family: Mother (Suzzie) and Younger brother (David)
Love Relationships?: None, Josh is aromantic, and feels like relationships are a hindrance.
Pokémon: Brand new trainer, no current pokemon.

Josh has decided that he wants to learn more about pokemon, there are too many unknown things about them, and to do that he needs to gain his own and see what makes a pokemon tick. Essentially, he wants to become a pokemon researcher, but needs to find what interests him most about them as he journeys.

Hey I would love to join, but I have to wait until after work to set up my character. I also have a pokemon professor if needed. She is from Kanto if you are interested.

I do not mind at all. There should be a listing of rules for the site that you should look at before continuing with this thread. If you have already looked at them, then forget this message.