• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Trainer Card Maker Bugs/Glitches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Happens on the Giratina and the Suicune one, too. On the same cards, when you try to input Pokemon into the boxes, it doesn't work, and there's a random Pokeball image in the upper left hand corner of the cards. In fact, I can't even type in a Trainer Name, Friend Code, or select badges. It all just floats to the corner.

dcol5.png

Like that. I'm not sure what's the problem, since all the other cards are working fine for me from the few I've just randomly picked out.

EDIT: Also, I'm using Chrome, but it also happens in FF.

And a side note, whenever I click on something to change my card, it automatically scrolls up. It's probably programmed to do that, but I just find it a tad annoying. ^^;

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
That's definitely a code issue, not a browser one. Sadly, I can't do much about it right now. Maybe Petey can have a look at it sooner, but for now I'm afraid you'll just have to avoid using those specific backgrounds for now.

As for the scrolling thing, it's basically just to bring you back to the card itself after making a change. It was a complaint in testing that it wasn't clear that you'd actually affected the card at all without it - so I threw it in.

Next version of the TCM will have a radically new interface, so it won't be necessary then.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Cloecat1999 said:
Suicune card makes the character sprite, pokemon images, friend code, name, badges maybe, go into the top left corner
Yeah, DoctorOak confirmed that bug in the post right above yours. Please at least try and read recent posts before posting. :)

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
The TCM hasn't really been tested on anything other than a PC or a Mac. The 3DS isn't officially supported, and if it works at all it's a happy accident. In fact, I'm not entirely sure the 3DS can save images from any site due to the browser, although I stand to be corrected.

When you enter the name, don't actually hit enter. Wait for the name to show up underneath, and click it. Actually hitting enter, at least for me, brought me back to the main TCM page.

the same thing happens to me whenever i do that.

Just a quick bug I noticed, the Giratina Background when selected causes all kind of weirdness to happen. The trainer becomes highly elevated on the card and the initial "pokeball" backgrounds kinda go WAYYY off screen. It doesn't happen with any of the other backgrounds, just that one. I doubt it's a problem on my end as I've been making these cards just about all week.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
luzverdecradily said:
Just a quick bug I noticed, the Giratina Background when selected causes all kind of weirdness to happen. The trainer becomes highly elevated on the card and the initial "pokeball" backgrounds kinda go WAYYY off screen. It doesn't happen with any of the other backgrounds, just that one. I doubt it's a problem on my end as I've been making these cards just about all week.
Late reply, but we know about that bug:

TyphlosionRulez said:
On the card with Typhlosion in the background, it raises the trainer so the head is not being shown.
Shiny Eevee said:
Happens on the Giratina and the Suicune one, too.
Doctor Oak said:
That's definitely a code issue, not a browser one. Sadly, I can't do much about it right now.
It's on my list of things to look at, but no promises that I can fix it.

I do believe that the last update (pressing enter no longer resets your trainer card) made it impossible to select Pokémon for your card. And pressing enter still resets the card. :'|

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Larcil said:
I do believe that the last update (pressing enter no longer resets your trainer card) made it impossible to select Pokémon for your card. And pressing enter still resets the card. :'|

Thanks for letting us know! I'm receiving the exact same problems now too.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
... erk. Okay, this didn't show up in my testing. For now I've reverted the change until I have more time to investigate the problems.

I noticed the B&W2 badges are missing, I'm just battling the poison leader and wouldn't mind having a badge to display afterwards :p

Also the font seems to be getting aliased, which can make it blurry and hard to read, especially the small friend code. This might be down to to using the wrong font size, maybe a point or two off the optimal for bitmap fonts.

Finally I noticed some banners are getting stretched probably as they're showing the signs of such. But this isn't getting aliased, just resulting in row/column doubling in the pixels.

EDIT: My most requested feature atm is still having your settings remembered on your account so you can come and do minor changes.

If you want help, I'm fairly good with PHP, less so with GD2/ImageMagick image creation :p

Hello, I have a quick little question about the TCM.
When trying to create one, everything goes smoothly until you get to the pokemon selecting. It doesn't matter the trainer or background, the pokemon don't show up! All I see in the pokemon slots are pokeballs, an egg, and some..blue thing...

Am I doing something wrong? :'|

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
You have to type in the name of a Pokemon, and when the Pokemon you want shows up, click on it, and the Pokemon's images should appear.

At least, that's what I remember from my memories. Does that help? ^^;

Hello. I am a huge fan of the trainer card maker - it's been a great asset to me in the past. :) However, it recently hasn't been working correctly. Recently, others mentioned that no pokemon showed up below the box when beginning to type a name into the field, and pressing enter caused the card to reset. As I remember, the TCM was said to be reverted to a previous update to prevent this. But this problem has recently cropped up for me, across all systems. Could anything be done to fix this?

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Swifty said:
Hello. I am a huge fan of the trainer card maker - it's been a great asset to me in the past. :) However, it recently hasn't been working correctly. Recently, others mentioned that no pokemon showed up below the box when beginning to type a name into the field, and pressing enter caused the card to reset. As I remember, the TCM was said to be reverted to a previous update to prevent this. But this problem has recently cropped up for me, across all systems. Could anything be done to fix this?
The failed update was designed to stop the TCM from resetting when you pressed enter - however, it caused the drop-down failure much more often, so we got rid of it again.

Unfortunately, the missing drop-down problem was around before any updates I applied, and I've never been able to reproduce it, so it could prove tricky to fix. I am looking into the problem, but I'm afraid I can't guarantee I can do anything about it.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Make sure your url has 'www.' at the start of it. The javascript may not load correctly because it's looking for a relative URL that's not available.

There'll be a significant upgrade to the TCM coming in a few months. Problems like this will not occur in it.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
There's a glitch on Chrome (I've only tested Chrome so far) where on the Trainer Details part, when you try to change the color of your Trainer Name or FC but don't move the cursor thing, the image at the top glitches or something

2cie5na.png

Like this~

It's fixed when I try to change the color again, but only that. And I can't replicate it again after I fix it unless I change something else about the card, if that makes sense.

EDIT: The same thing happens in FF, except the image just disappears altogether, so I don't think it's a browser problem?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Zkichiro said:
I cannot put Farfetch'd in the pokemon trainer card, it just doesn't pop up any sprites for me to pick.

Yup, I'm having the same problem. Thanks for the heads up! :)

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
MandyLandy62 said:
Some of the Trainers are missing in the Black2/White2 catagory of Trainer Sprites!
Would you mind listing some examples? We can always add any we might not have :)

Teapot said:
MandyLandy62 said:
Some of the Trainers are missing in the Black2/White2 catagory of Trainer Sprites!
Would you mind listing some examples? We can always add any we might not have :)

well, Wallace is missing (from the Pokemon World Tournament)...

PS: Here's a screenshot what I'm seeing... there's a gap after the Fisherman, and a big one after Lance...

tBTIzr7.png

I actually can't use the trainer card maker at the moment. When I click any icon, the screen goes blank.

Someone explain to me what's going on?

:'|

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I just had a quick look, and it's working fine for me. Someone a bit more technical will probably know as to why it's not working for you, but they might need some extra information in order to help you, such as which web browser you use and what version of it you are running.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Basically, what Magpie said. We'll need your operating system, which browser you use, and any other information you provide. I can't really troubleshoot what's wrong without that :)

It's working a-okay for me, with just one tiny little problem. I type in "Farfetch'd", I click on its name, and nothing happens. The weirdest thing is, it only does this with Farfetch'd. Nothing else. :'| Oh, wait, this has already been mentioned. Anyhoo, tech specs: I've tried it on two computers, IE 10 on both, Windows 7 and 8.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
SlushieDee said:
It's working a-okay for me, with just one tiny little problem. I type in "Farfetch'd", I click on its name, and nothing happens. The weirdest thing is, it only does this with Farfetch'd. Nothing else. :'| Oh, wait, this has already been mentioned. Anyhoo, tech specs: I've tried it on two computers, IE 10 on both, Windows 7 and 8.
Thanks for reporting - as you mentioned, it's a known issue, Farfetch'd doesn't work at all.

Because of the way the new TCM4 will work, this bug doesn't appear there, so you'll be able to use Farfetch'd when we relaunch. :)

I'm not sure if anyone else has encountered this glitch, but, when I click on the TCM link, it acts like it has logged me out, however, when I log back in or click on anything else, I'm logged in, and everything's fine. JavaScript is on, and I run on a Windows 8, and I don't have a special browser, like Google Chrome, Firefox, etc. Anyone else having this problem?

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
You're not actually getting logged out - you're still logged in, it just doesn't appear that way. It doesn't matter though, the problem will be fixed in the next update. :)

Whenever I try to make a card it logs me out and requires me to relog. When I do, it sends me back to the forums and the cycle repeats itself. This is preventing me from making a Trainer Card.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Gym Leader Typhon said:
Whenever I try to make a card it logs me out and requires me to relog. When I do, it sends me back to the forums and the cycle repeats itself. This is preventing me from making a Trainer Card.
Please see the message above yours. It's a glitch in the system, the login form appears even though you're logged in. Either way, this shouldn't stop you from creating a Trainer Card, the current TCM hasn't got any functionality that requires you to be logged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.