• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Trainer Card Edits?

Er, I wasn't really sure in which forum topic this thread would belong, so I put it here. Please feel free to move it or lock it, but please direct me to the right section.

So, anyway, the Trainer Card Maker says that we cannot edit the card in any way:
That you leave the cards unaltered if you choose to save them and upload them elsewhere. This includes not removing the Pokecharms.com credit at the bottom.

However, I would like to know if I can make a TEENSY edit to it. I WILL NOT be removing the credit at the bottom. Instead of the Friend Code, I would like to type in my 5-digit (in-game) trainer ID, because some cards I make are for older games like RBY and GSC, where FCs did not exist, and I would not like to leave the field blank (it looks odd). The edit will look like a natural part of the card, and yet again, WILL NOT remove the pokecharms.com credit.

So, um, can I make this edit? If you want, I can upload it and you can tell me if it is okay.

So, yeah, thanks, and bye,
-Wild Jr.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I've moved this to Feedback as that's the general questions forum. :)

In terms of the edit, we normally employ a zero-tolerance policy simply so people don't take the piss. However, I'm willing to grant an exception just this once because it's something the Trainer Card Maker could do itself if we coded it to and it is very minor. So yes, you may edit the card on this occasion, but only to add the trainer ID and nothing else.

They look like this. Are they okay?
34965_trainercard-WILD_JR.png
34967_trainercard-WILD_JR.png
35254_trainercard-WILD_JR.png

Btw, why is the bar under name left empty? I assumed the FC would go there, but instead it goes onto the left. The bar looks weird empty...

Anyway, thanks, again!
-Wild Jr.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
More space for the friend code, as far as I know - it doesn't fit under the name. Basically it was like that when I transferred them to the new TCM, so I kept it that way.

Anyway, the cards look fine to me. :)

Oh, hey, another thing, I'm free to print these out, right? I might just try to make actual cards out of them (yeah, I'm just a little bit obsessed with Pokemon)

Anyway, thanks a lot!
-Wild Jr.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Sure thing. I don't think anyone's tried that before. Let us know how it comes out!