• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Toy Story. In 3D

I just saw it. And it was, simply put, incredible. I've not laughed so hard in a movie theater for a very, very long time. It definitely brought back some memories, and I found myself reciting the lines as more time went on.

Not to mention, some of the comedy in it really is hilarious.

And Toy Story Three comes out June 18th

So, anyone seen it, other than me? Anyone want to see it? Anyone dead against it?

Discuss!!!

(Also, linkage to the Toy Story Three trailer http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/toystory3/)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yep yep! I saw the movies too, last Friday evening with a friend. XD

The high def quality was fairly incredible, and that matched with the 3D made it a really fun experience even if I had seen the first movie countless times in the past. The 2nd movie I've only watched a few times because I was never too fond of it, but seeing it directly after the 1st movie - and in 3D - was pretty cool.

I adore everything that has to do with original Buzz, Zurg, and the alter-Buzz in movie 2.

I loved seeing Toy Story 1 & 2! I used to not like the movies, but now that I'm older I get a lot more of the jokes (I was a very oblivious child, I guess). Plus, it was fun watching my husband get so excited over them; they were his favourite movies as a kid :3

Two things kind of ruined it though. One was that it was in 3D, which I dislike. Yeah, I guess it kind of looks cool, but the 3D glasses don't fit over my normal glasses, so it hurts my face (you try wearing 2 pairs of glasses sometime!). The other thing was that some girl in front of us was literally reciting every, single, line, and I wanted to punch her in the face for the entire two movies. It wasn't even quietly to herself, it was conversational volume level. UGH

*ahem* Right, so yeah, I really enjoyed that, and I'm looking forward to Toy Story 3 very much so.

It was odd, beacause I'd watched the movies a loooong time ago and forgotten how funny they were.
The memories came flooding back XD

I remember how much I loved Toy Story and even though it was a sequel Toy Story 2 was also fairly good. I'm worried abut TS3, where are they going to take the plot? I don't feel it's necessary to make a third one, oh well maybe it will be good.

I sadly have not seen Toy Story 1 & 2 in 3D, but really wanted to go. Pixar always does a great job with movies.

As for Toy Story 3, I went to the D23 Expo (A big Disney convention) and Pixar showed us an entire scene from the movie. As of that scene, it looked excellent. Basically, the movie is about when Andy goes off to college and he has to decide if he wants to keep or give away the toys.

Wow, it jumps that far ahead? I'm surprised they're going for something so new with the movies. Sounds like it won't end up being a rehash of the previous ones if they're making that much of an adjustment.

I'm rather 'meh' about the third Toy Story. I mean, the first one was awesome, a revolution in animation as well. The second was okay. I really liked the rivalry between Buzz and Woody in the first one, though, so I wasn't a huge fan.

Bullseye was awesome, though. That toy horse cracked me up.

The third I'm not against seeing, but I won't actively seek it out, either, though I am sort of interested in finding out how the toys are treated in a daycare center. :p

I remember how much I loved Toy Story and even though it was a sequel Toy Story 2 was also fairly good. I'm worried abut TS3, where are they going to take the plot? I don't feel it's necessary to make a third one, oh well maybe it will be good.

It'll probably have as good as a humor like the first two but with a weaker plot. Altough, it could be about them moving to another house.

I haven't seen Toy Story in 3D yet, but it seems like a very cute movie. It will definitely bring back lots of nostalgia as I used to sing along to almost all of their songs, one of the few being You've Got A Friend In Me.

It has been a while since the 2nd movie though, and I can't believe they are finally coming out with a third! It looks so cute~ I wanna see it! :D

Oh, and Buzz, Mr. Potato Head, Rex are my faves

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
The third movie looks like it's going to be incredibly funny. The trailer alone made me crack up laughing!

Haven't seen Toy Story 3D - probably not going to. Never been a fan of 3D movies. I suspect I'm too sceptical to enjoy anything that's supposedly in 3D - illusions never work on me XD

i really want to see it, not only because it looks good but because i grew up with toy story, man...*tear* (TS-3)

now on the 3-D versions of one and two, i think it would be good to see them again before 3, to collect some memories, and what better way than in 3-d?

Yep, seen it, and I thought it was still a good time wether it was in 3D or not. Saw it with a buddy during my Palm Springs trip.

Funny story on TS2; I actually thought they cut out the outakes, since they are the funniest parts, but then I realized they had it. XD. Would have been a ripoff if they done that!

Yep, summer 2010...TS3...CAN'T WAIT!!!

I wanted to see them so bad. I loved those movies when I was a kid. One of my favorite lines from the first one is Mr. Potato Head's "Look I'm Picasso. What are you looking at you hockey puck?" ;D Can't wait to see Toy Story 3.