• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Toxicroak

Im working on raising a Toxicroak for competitive battling and im stuck on trying to cover his weakness to ground types or atleast finding a suitable 4th move. Here is what I have until now now.

Toxicroak
@Black Sludge
Anticipation
Physical sweeper

Moves:
Poison Jab
Shadowball
Stone Edge
Brick break?

I'd consider Earthquake for the 4th, since it's cheap but powerful. And you can't really get a better way to cover your sore spot for Ground moves-- best you can do is find something without penalties against it, unless I missed something.

I'd also consider swapping Shadow Ball for a physical Dark move, such as Sucker Punch or Faint Attack, since I assume your sp. atk stat will be sort of pathetic compared to your attack stat. (This is much more ambivalent, though, since Toxicroak can't learn any of the nice "I hit you, you faint" dark attacks.)

Just my two cents.

We need a Fighting STAB. I believe it learns Cross Chop for a Fighting STAB.

So:

Toxicroak@Muscle Band/Expert Belt
Adamant Nature
-Cross Chop
-Poison Jab
-X-Scissor/Sucker Punch
-Stone Edge/Earthquake/Bullet Punch

First two moves are for STAB.
Sucker Punch and X-Scissor are to hit Psychics.
Stone Edge is to hit Flying-Types.
Earthquake for some coverage.
Bullet Punch to get a first turn strike attack.

I think that chould be good for a move set. And If you use Earthquake, make sure you have Sucker Punch or Gengar will wall you completely.