• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
In this Roleplay, you are one of eight semi-finalists in a wild pokèmon tournament. You're all battling for the top, who recieves a mystery prize.
Little do they know, the prize isn't as expected. To many standards, it isn't even a prize.
It's a bane.
Please PM me for sign-up. I ask that you fill out the below form in the message to me. I will be accepting only 7 people into this RP, for less confusion. Keep in mind that I may decline your character if it doesn't meet the criteria, which are as follows;
1. You must be fully evolved.
2. You may only have 1 character.
3. You must present the character to me with the same grammar you would use in-game. Poor grammar will most likely get your character rejected; not only does it really upset me (it's a big pet peeve), but it states in te RP rules that you must use good grammar.
4. You may only have 4 moves; no Z-Moves. In addition, it must be a pokèmon that can have a 4-move moveset.
5. No Mega-Evolutions.
6. No legendaries.
7. No shinies
8. You cannot be the same Pokèmon as someone else.
9. No Alolan pokèmon.
10. No Alolan forms.
All of the items in the form are necessary, unless otherwise specified.

Name:
Pokèmon:
Ability (Must be an ability that the pokèmon can actually have):
Moveset:
-
-
-
-
Personality:
Held Item:
History (Optional):

Of course, don't forget the most important rule of all; HAVE FUN! ;3
Feel free to ask questions, but please do it by PMing me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name: Dasken
Pokèmon: Charizard
Ability: Blaze
Moveset:
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Claw
- Air Slash
- Thunder Punch
Personality: Intelligent, sarcastic, can be a bit insane
Held Item: Expert Belt (Super-Effective Damage is increased)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dasken stretched out his arms. The last match against that Steelix had pushed him a bit farther than he had expected to go; he had won, at least. He looked around. The other competitors had begun to roam around, mingling, which had never really been his thing. He tried to eye out the competition, but he couldn't see anyone he recognized. Ah, well, he thought, at least they tried. He put his arms behind his neck and looked up. He wanted the prize not for glory, but to simply know what it was. Looks like I'm gonna have to step it up a notch now. He tightened his Expert Belt around his waist and smiled.

Name: Alastor
Pokémon: Dusknoir
Ability (Must be an ability that the Pokémon can actually have): Pressure
Moveset:
- Shadow Sneak
- Ice Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
Personality: Somber and intimidating and a huge softie beneath all the gruffness. He is very determined, but not very competitive. Mellow.
Held Item: Spell Tag
***​
Alastor's single scarlet eye luminously scanned the remaining Pokémon who had decided to participate in the tournament set up for the Pokémon who had not yet been enslaved by trainers. The Dusknoir had only decided to join because it was expected of him and he was encouraged to, despite not being skillfully trained in the art of battle. Still, he had made it this far, though he'd come close to being defeated on several occasions. He, by no means, expected to win. It was a nice thought.
The Charizard to his right seemed rather confident and looked eerily strong nonetheless. Alastor thought about introducing himself and ended up deciding against it. He wasn't the conversational nor charismatic type.

Dask turned around while scanning the area, only to come face-to-face with a Dusknoir. He took a step back without losing his constant defensive posture, which allowed him to get a safe, good look. "You don't exactly look like the battling type..." Dask said. He smirked.
"Then again, I may not look like the battling type either. Too confident." He turned and jestured to the rest of the competition. "Compared to them," he said, turning back, "We look like a couple of stragglers."

The Dusknoir chuckled, his entire body rocking with the motion.
"Perhaps you're right," agreed Alastor, the yellow band that wrapped around his forehead and disc-tipped antennae pulsating gold with every word he spoke. "We've made it this far, though, so we must be doing at least something right."

Dask smiled. He didn't know why; it just happened. "Well," he began, holding up his right fist which, without warning, became surrounded in a latticework of electricity, "This may be part of the reason." He waved his fist in front of the Dusknoir, but at a far enough distance so as to not damage the Dusknoir. "Thunder Punch. Took me forever." He allowed the lightning to fade, and held out his hand. "Dasken. And you are..?"

"Alastor," said Alastor, accepting his hand in his almost comically big one. He regarded the assailant with the same monotonous gaze he always did, but nodded his head to show his admiration. "An impressive move, indeed."

"Thanks. Really helps to knock out the water-type competition." He grinned. He finally had someone whom he could connect with. Here, that was rare; he had a sinking feeling that it may not last as long as he wanted.

"That must be nice," Alastor agreed, seeing the advantageous points that came with knowing an attack that could counter one's weaknesses. He then admitted, "I don't have anything to counter dark types, you see."

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
Name: Gordon
Pokèmon: Garchomp
Ability (Must be an ability that the pokèmon can actually have):Sand Veil
Moveset:
-Dragon Rush
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Fire Blast
Personality:Tough, Cruel but with good friends he trusts, he can be kind to them.
Held Item:Focus sash
History (Optional):

Moveset:
-Dragon Rush
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Fire Blast
Personality:Tough, Cruel but with good friends he trusts, he can be kind to them.
History (Optional):
Please send this to me in a PM or a comment on my page. :3

Dasken frowned. Had he done something he'd regret; upset an ally in this tournament? He mentally shook it off. "Too bad you can't learn a fighting-type, bug-type, or fairy-type move. Thunder Punch is literally all I can do against water-types." He suddenly had an idea. "Well, why don't we head over to the training area? Surely you have a move that can hinder other pokèmon! Paralyze them. Freeze them. Burn them, etc. We can try and get the odds up on your move by practicing it."

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
Moveset:
-Dragon Rush
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Fire Fang
History (Optional): Brought up in Wayward Cave, Sinnoh. Defeated his father after challenging him to stop his abuse. Travels around the world alone.