• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Totally Wishful Thinking

The most recent set of TCG in Japan is entitled "ex-Golden Sky and Silvery Sea," featuring Ho-oh and Lugia. What I wouldn't give for a GBA GSC remake with those titles. Do you suppose our wishes may ever be granted? I'd die of excitement if these were the new games CoroCoro plans to announce in a couple weeks.

I'd like to see them remade in Generation 4. Like Red and Green were remade for Generation 3.

Who knows, maybe Generation 5 will have a remake of Ruby/Sapphire.

Maybe by then i'll own Pokemon as well as Pokecharms. :twisted:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Ugh... I hate to say it, but I agree with Blaziken. If they remake G/S I'd rather see it on DS or another gameboy than GBA. The Advance collection is far too large already IMO. DS would also mean that G/S would be better than ever - graphic and music-wise.

I'm kinda biased towards GS, though. Overall I didn't really like them, and the only one of the collection that meant anything to me was Crystal. Looking back on it now, travelling back to Kanto was cool in theory but actually playing through it felt like a lag. I would have rather them spend more time developing Johto than stick Kanto in there, or at the very least have given us an updated Elite 4 after you beat Kanto. It was harder to level up in G/S than it is in R/S, and that's saying something >.>

For me the worst place to level up is R/S the wild pokemon are just to weak and trianers that can fight you again just don't get their pokemon high enough levels plus sometimes the trianers you want to fight don't want to fight you resulting in waiting. The real best place to train so far is LG/FR

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
QuagsireQing said:
Maybe in Generation 6 we'll replay Diamond/Pearl?

It's hard to say. Maybe FR/LG was simply a tribute, maybe it was their plan all along. Guess it wouldn't hurt them finacially to keep remaking the games, eh?

I do so hope they continue the remakes. I love to be reminded of the good old days, but don't like having to put up with the old PC/battle systems, etc. I think it would be cool for each generation to have a two-gen-old remake.